Author Topic: Ran Quest! Yakumo chaos  (Read 125533 times)

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
Re: Ran Quest! Yakumo chaos
« Reply #960 on: March 25, 2011, 11:59:05 PM »
>Do we know anything of the dream world?

>You didn't know such a thing could have an impact on reality. You thought about it, but Gensokyo offers no books for it, nor did Yukari-sama share such knowledge.

>"What just happened, anyways? Did you guys make up a new kind of spellcard or something?"

>"Nah, we just had to use two spells simultaneously, ze~" Marisa answers "The proper localization, which would be the dream world, had to be discovered by combining both shine maiden and arcane power. It's rather complicated, da ze"
>"But the thing is... Byakuren went in there in order for something. I'm guessing that would be for Yukari" Reimu scratches her head.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: March 26, 2011, 12:03:12 AM »
>"Oh, she did it willingly? Well, that's...somewhat less disturbing. Have you any idea how she's doing, or if we could follow her?"

« Reply #962 on: March 26, 2011, 10:33:07 AM »
>"Oh, she did it willingly? Well, that's...somewhat less disturbing. Have you any idea how she's doing, or if we could follow her?"

>"I think she did, but.... she didn't succeed" Reimu walks around the room.
>"And without Yukari around, there's something bad bound to happen. I have trouble with regenerating my magical powers, ze" Marisa states.
>As a matter off fact, you have those problem as well.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #963 on: March 26, 2011, 11:35:11 AM »
>Nod to Marisa, then look to Show and Reimu to confirm or deny they've had issues.
>Once they've confirmed or denied. "So, at least one of us will have to chase after her. How difficult will that be?"

« Reply #964 on: March 26, 2011, 12:57:06 PM »
"Also, what do you know about the Dream World.. To be honest, I haven't ever heard of it..."

« Reply #965 on: March 26, 2011, 02:19:25 PM »
>Nod to Marisa, then look to Show and Reimu to confirm or deny they've had issues.
>Once they've confirmed or denied. "So, at least one of us will have to chase after her. How difficult will that be?"

>Reimu shrugs as you look. Shou sighs and nods.
>"Byakuren failed, so my guess is "extremely tough", ze. Also, we gotta confirm a theory..."
>"And for that we gotta get tot he first person that fell asleep"Reimu continues.

"Also, what do you know about the Dream World.. To be honest, I haven't ever heard of it..."

>Shou takes voice "It's... Well, it's a mythical realm which you can actually see by dreaming. You don't literally get there, but sleeping is like a window to see what's going on there. If the dream involves yourself, it's just a mind trick of the natives.... I heard so in some old legends"
>Reimu nods to that.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #966 on: March 26, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »
>"Well, Reimu, you know the way to my home, do you not?"

« Reply #967 on: March 26, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »
>"Well, Reimu, you know the way to my home, do you not?"

>"Yep" Reimu says
>A gap opens behind her. It quickly sucks Marisa in, like a warp. Shou looks alerted. Reimu doesn't seem to notice at all.
>You feel like you are being pulled by a weird force towards the gap.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #968 on: March 26, 2011, 10:58:56 PM »
>Sign and step through.

« Reply #969 on: March 26, 2011, 11:01:16 PM »
>Sign and step through.

>You step towards the gap and get sucked in.
>It throws you down in front of your house.
>Marisa is already up, cleaning herself out of dust "What the fuck was that, ze??"
>Reimu steps out of the gap and the gap closes like nothing happened. She's unmoved.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: March 26, 2011, 11:07:53 PM »
>"I get the feeling Reimu would rather not talk about it."
>Head inside, look around for Chen. Unless we see signs of her outside.

« Reply #971 on: March 27, 2011, 08:32:26 AM »
>"I get the feeling Reimu would rather not talk about it."
>Head inside, look around for Chen. Unless we see signs of her outside.

>Marisa's "huh?" expression is priceless.
>Indeed, the door is open. as you proceed inside, Chen comes out and greets you in her usual clothes "Hello, Ran-shama!"
>She looks by your side and notices the other guests. She doesn't look calm. She knows how weird these two are, including the fact that Marisa's in her night gown.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #972 on: March 27, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »
>Give Chen a hug.
>"I'm sorry about the unexpected guests, dear, but there is something of a situation."
>Glance toward the playables: "Will you both need a moment like last time?"
>Assuming they say yes, look to Chen and say, "Give me a few moments, and I'll explain everything."
>In either case, tell Reimarisau: "Let me go make sure everything is presentable."

« Reply #973 on: March 27, 2011, 06:35:25 PM »
>Give Chen a hug.
>"I'm sorry about the unexpected guests, dear, but there is something of a situation."
>Glance toward the playables: "Will you both need a moment like last time?"
>Assuming they say yes, look to Chen and say, "Give me a few moments, and I'll explain everything."
>In either case, tell Reimarisau: "Let me go make sure everything is presentable."

>"No, we won't" Reimu answers unexpectedly "I know what we have to do from here, at least mostly. And we gonna need you a bit" She points at you.
>Marisa looks clueless just like you.
>Chen hugs you back and nods to what you say.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #974 on: March 27, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »
>"Normally, I would ask Chen to get you two some tea while you wait, but I think it's best that she come with me while I explain."
>Head toward Yukari's room with Chen. "This is a little difficult to express, so I'll try to summarize. Yukari won't wake up, she hasn't for five days now. Marisa and Reimu going to try to help her. Please don't spread this, alright? And don't worry, she's going to be fine.
>Go clean up Yukari's room a bit, and make sure she is well, properly dressed, presentable, and so on.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #975 on: March 27, 2011, 07:00:16 PM »
>Go clean up Yukari's room a bit, and make sure she is well, properly dressed, presentable, and so on.

>... if Chen doesn't seem too upset or worried about this explanation.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #976 on: March 27, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »
>"Normally, I would ask Chen to get you two some tea while you wait, but I think it's best that she come with me while I explain."
>Head toward Yukari's room with Chen. "This is a little difficult to express, so I'll try to summarize. Yukari won't wake up, she hasn't for five days now. Marisa and Reimu going to try to help her. Please don't spread this, alright? And don't worry, she's going to be fine.

>... if Chen doesn't seem too upset or worried about this explanation.

>Chen slowly nods "I-It's hard to understand, Ran-shama... but I trust you!"
>Marisa and Reimu are behind you.
>You enter Yukari-sama's room. It's as you left it before. Yukari's sweaty and pale, without a change. She looks weak...  You get a bucket, fill it with water. Reimu and Marisa wait until you are done with the chore .
>Chen seems considerate and while you clean up, she makes tea for the guests.
>You finally finish, Yukari-sama's clean now, at least. so is her room. Phew.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: March 27, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »
>"There. I apologize for the delay, but Miss Yukari would have nothing less. Now, what would you have me do?"

« Reply #978 on: March 28, 2011, 06:55:28 AM »
>"There. I apologize for the delay, but Miss Yukari would have nothing less. Now, what would you have me do?"

>"Well... I need you in order to save your Mistress Yukari." Reimu states.
>"Me and Marisa upon joining our powers can allow a person to travel freely into the dream realm..."
>"If I'm right, ze, you will be able to take a companion linked with you with a spiritual bond" Marisa comes in.
>"Ya willing to do it?" They both look at you with serious looks on their faces

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: March 28, 2011, 03:07:46 PM »
>"But of course. Chen, would you accompany me?"
>Once Chen answers, look to the heroic twosome, and says, "Just give me a moment to get some things."
>Scrounge around the house for some things. Food, a couple of good knives, any small tools such as a hammer or a prybar, some ropes or string, and so on.
>After these things have been gathered, return to Mareimusa and say, "I am prepared when you are."

« Reply #980 on: March 28, 2011, 08:24:56 PM »
>"But of course. Chen, would you accompany me?"
>Once Chen answers, look to the heroic twosome, and says, "Just give me a moment to get some things."
>Scrounge around the house for some things. Food, a couple of good knives, any small tools such as a hammer or a prybar, some ropes or string, and so on.
>After these things have been gathered, return to Mareimusa and say, "I am prepared when you are."

>Chen bows. She looks ready.
>"No, wait, uh...." Reimu stops you before taking things. "You can't take items with you where you're going... It's a trip of the spirit. the body stays here. And that includes your companion and you."

Mokou Fan

« Reply #981 on: March 28, 2011, 08:29:15 PM »
>"Oh.. Well, I guess we're ready then!"

« Reply #982 on: March 29, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »
>"Oh.. Well, I guess we're ready then!"

>"Well, ok, but I ain't sure what you'll have to do when inside there, ya know..." Reimu turns to Yukari. She looks concerned.
>"We'll take care of yer bodies, ze~!" Marisa grins.
>"Take your hands, you two" Reimu instructs you. She takes out a small bag. it's filled with some white powder. She takes some and makes a white circle with it.
>"Now, no one sneeze or I'll kill you"
>Chen looks at you with worried eyes. She shows you her hand, silent.

Mokou Fan

« Reply #983 on: March 29, 2011, 08:05:55 PM »
>Don't sneeze.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: March 29, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »
>Take Chen's hand, hold breath.

« Reply #985 on: March 30, 2011, 08:14:56 AM »
>Don't sneeze.

>You're careful not to sneeze

>Take Chen's hand, hold breath.

>You take your shikigami's hand. She grips yours with trust and warmth
>You hold your breath and so does Chen.
>Reimu takes a bit of powder in her hands after the circle is done and she hands the bag to Marisa. She sniffs the bit with her nose hard. Marisa does the same. You never heard of any ritual that would require sniffing powders...
>Reimu claps her hands once and you feel stiff.
>Marisa stands on the other side of Yukari and closes her eyes, focusing.
>You lose concioussness.
>...
>"Ran-shama, Ran-shama! Wake up, Ran-shama!"

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: March 30, 2011, 02:58:17 PM »
>Groan.
>Look toward the source of the voice.
>Presuming we're not in particular discomfort, look around and try to remember what happened.

« Reply #987 on: March 30, 2011, 06:17:38 PM »
>Groan.
>Look toward the source of the voice.
>Presuming we're not in particular discomfort, look around and try to remember what happened.

>You open your eyes and you see Chen;s worried face. but as you get up, she looks more comforted.
>"You woke up, Mistress!" She's happy.
>You look around you. What you see is... liquid. Everything around you seems to be made of some liquid. You can't see further then 5 meters away, as further away from you and all around is a wall of liquid that's changing colors all the time.
>Around you float a few big drops of liquid as if gravity wouldn't abide to them. They also shift colors.
>The ground you were lying on works the same way. As you touch it, it doesn't seem wet at all though.
>You recal exactly what ahappened before you passed out.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: March 30, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
>Stand up, look around for some more anything of interest. Can we hear anything?
>"I am sorry to have worried you, Chen. How long was I out?"
>Can we feel Yukari about anywhere?

« Reply #989 on: March 30, 2011, 06:34:45 PM »
>Stand up, look around for some more anything of interest. Can we hear anything?
>"I am sorry to have worried you, Chen. How long was I out?"
>Can we feel Yukari about anywhere?

>"Just a while, Ran-shama. Not long. What is this place?"
>You look around. The liquid makes a sound all the time. It's a sound that's to be expected from such a mass of substance.
>You don't feel any presence here at all, except yours and Chen's.
>Chen approaches a floating liquid ball and touches it. it makes a "blop" sound and it turns into a little kitty.
>The kitty meows a little. it approaches Chen. She smiles and pats it on the head. She turns to you and the kitty turns into liquid again and floats away.
>"woah, nya!" Chen squeeks

Mokou Fan