Author Topic: BIG Issue with IN???  (Read 2441 times)

Quantum

• Gaming Youkai
  • Master of the panicbomb, which I demonstrate often
BIG Issue with IN???
« on: November 22, 2010, 10:14:04 PM »
I was unaware when I tried to play IN on HARD, having gained confidence enough from the EXTRA stage attempts I've been making, that there's only FinalA.  Either that, or a MAJOR GLITCH has occurred at th08.exe and the program will now proceed to piss me off.

When I took down Reisen (having suffered embarrassing deaths through both stage and boss), I got NO prompt for Ending selection, despite the fact that my team select screen displayed the text "FINAL SELECTABLE" for the Border Team, my preferred weapon of choice.  When I saw the Final hallway scrolling to the LEFT, I was instantly set ablaze with WTFURY.

I'm just mad that I wasn't allowed to select FinalB for a good ending (or any at all really, I'm pretty sure I got a bad ending), or that FinalB on Hard doesn't exist or what... I don't know!  The spell practice mode states that Hard difficulty spellcards exist for Kaguya, but I sure was cockblocked from them! :(

Anyone care to explain this weirdness?  This entirely killed the joy I got out of unlocking 4 more of Mokou's cards today. D:
Now I'm working with Danmakufu...
But it's not working with me.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: BIG Issue with IN???
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:22:17 PM »
Your first time through the game on a given difficulty, you're forced to play Final A. In order to unlock Final B, you have to have beaten Final A before and then 1cc the game up until the end of Stage 5. The first time you do this, you're forced into Final B, while in subsequent attempts you can choose either path.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:25:56 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Quantum

• Gaming Youkai
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »
This much I do know; in fact I distinctly remember what it said above the team selection: "FinalB Unlocked".  This said "Final Selectable".  I ALSO remember that one time, after beating FinalB on Easy but NOT Normal, when I tried Normal it informed me that either FinalB was unlocked or that both FinalA and B were Cleared (I forget, but still, it DIDN'T SAY SELECTABLE).  So wouldn't it have said one of those messages instead of Selectable?  All I know is it sure didn't give me a chance to select much of anything post-Spread Sign "Invisible Full Moon".

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »
Forgive me, I actually don't know exactly what those captions say in game, because I don't have the English patch. :V I only know of the requirements needed to unlock Final B, as I explained before. Two other things I want to make sure of before I continue:

1. Was this your first time getting that far on Hard? I believe you have to repeat the "beat Final A" process for each individual difficulty level. To unlock Final B on Hard, beat Final A on Hard. To unlock Final B on Lunatic, beat Final A on Lunatic. That sort of thing.
2. Did you continue at any point before beating Reisen? If you did, it wouldn't matter if you beat Final B before or not, you'll still be forced into playing Final A in that run.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Quantum

• Gaming Youkai
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 01:44:39 AM »
2. Did you continue at any point before beating Reisen? If you did, it wouldn't matter if you beat Final B before or not, you'll still be forced into playing Final A in that run.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- :objection!:

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 06:16:01 AM »
Well...I learned something new today! I don't ever remember touhou wiki saying that.
(checks)........ Nope, it doesn't.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 06:21:46 AM »
Well...I learned something new today! I don't ever remember touhou wiki saying that.
(checks)........ Nope, it doesn't.

Quote from: Touhou Wiki
However, you cannot choose FinalB if you continued during the game.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 06:48:28 AM »
I'm moving this out of Tech Support, since it's gameplay related, not a technical issue.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 06:51:52 AM »
However, you cannot choose FinalB if you continued during the game.
I don't see it. :V
TF2 Backpack

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 06:54:41 AM »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 07:07:15 AM »
I facepalm myself. :D
TF2 Backpack

Quantum

• Gaming Youkai
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »
Also, I'm pretty sure that if you continue DURING FinalB (or just while fighting Kaguya, not sure which), you get slapped with a Bad Ending.  I can't be sure though; it happened to me onece, but I forget if my ingame clock was sitting on 3:30 or 4:00 at the time or not.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »
Also, I'm pretty sure that if you continue DURING FinalB (or just while fighting Kaguya, not sure which), you get slapped with a Bad Ending.  I can't be sure though; it happened to me onece, but I forget if my ingame clock was sitting on 3:30 or 4:00 at the time or not.
Yeah, you can't continue if you game over on Final B, even if it's not 5:00 A.M. yet. Fortunately this doesn't apply to Kaguya's Last Spells - if you can beat Hourai Jewel, you've 1cc'd the game, no matter how many of her Last Spells you get to face.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »
Yeah, you can't continue if you game over on Final B, even if it's not 5:00 A.M. yet.
I really hate that, because I can't even practice the rest while I'm there. (not saying about practice mode though) It'd be better if I could continue because of rank.
TF2 Backpack