Author Topic: Doujin Artists Appreciation/Criticism Thread  (Read 15141 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Doujin Artists Appreciation/Criticism Thread
« on: November 16, 2010, 02:44:48 AM »
edit for clearing things up: We started debating caidychen then sayori then Alphonse the(ry in CPMC, but hey it's art, and the Atelier shouldn't be just for showing off our own stuff. It serves a greater purpose if we actually discuss art here and all. So let's.

edit for precaution: We are debating doujin art here, and mainly Touhou doujin art. We all know that very often this involves borderline and explicit(nsfw) work, therefore I think it's a good idea to warn:

THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN NSFW MATERIAL AND/OR LINK TO POTENTIALLY NSFW CONTENT
dwi If you're not comfortable with or are in a situation where you're not allowed to view NSFW material, please refrain from clicking links in this thread.

Didn't know he was a guy =/
Welll, it explains a bit how he manages to pull off my exact definition of cute every time.

And this is one of the cutest Reimus I've ever seen, my heart sped speeds up when I first saw every time I see this piece <3~~~
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:07:41 AM by HakureiSM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
Re: Doujin Artists Appreciation/Criticism Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 03:06:48 AM »
Didn't know he was a guy =/
Welll, it explains a bit how he manages to pull off my exact definition of cute every time.

And this is one of the cutest Reimus I've ever seen, my heart sped speeds up when I first saw every time I see this piece <3~~~
I don't respect Caidychen, though. imho, he's just a shadow of Sayori's, but hey, he's good despite not developing an original style.

Caidychen's Reimu NSFW
Sayori's Reimu NSFW

Kinda frustrated how he's going for a computer science major instead of some kind of art major, though. I flipped when I discovered that his talent's TOTALLY going to waste. (imho)

Anyway, setting this as my phone wallpaper. Nopan / Danbooru Link

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 03:09:29 AM »
His style is quite unlike Sayori's, though :/

Also yeah that's the best Marisa in like everything
                                                                                   .

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 03:20:20 AM »
His style is quite unlike Sayori's, though :/

Also yeah that's the best Marisa in like everything
Completely subjective, but it totally screams a copy to me in the way that he does lighting / shading / especially with folds in clothing and etc.

But yeah, it doesn't copy reptilian irises, doesn't it?
Quote from: JapaneseBirdCooking
Why did they break the tea set? Danbo
That reminds me, I should do a comparison of 1.6 and 2.1 firmware! This'll be amusing...

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 03:25:24 AM »
Yeah, I can see the similarities between their coloring styles, but maybe they're both just too good at it? :3

That reminds me, I should do a comparison of 1.6 and 2.1 firmware! This'll be amusing...
Fuck you, I want my multi-touch :<

Sonyyyy
                                                                                   .

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 03:29:06 AM »
I don't respect Caidychen, though. imho, he's just a shadow of Sayori's, but hey, he's good despite not developing an original style.

Caidychen's Reimu NSFW
Sayori's Reimu NSFW

Kinda frustrated how he's going for a computer science major instead of some kind of art major, though. I flipped when I discovered that his talent's TOTALLY going to waste. (imho)

Anyway, setting this as my phone wallpaper. Nopan / Danbooru Link

Style? What style? Sayori is good in spite of not developing an original style, not because of it. It's her proportions and excellent excecution that catches our eyes, not any stylistic factor. If you must affix a style to her, it's a generic late 90s/early 00s anime look, albeit with a very smooth feeling to it. Some of the angles are interesting, and the detail is absurd, but it isn't exactly stylized work. Ideolo, on the other hand, is fairly stylized. He uses dynamic posing and creative shading; It gives his art a softer, more cartoonish feel.

I see Caidychen as being an intermediate of the two. Not as dynamic as Ideolo but not as detailed as Sayori.
Let me back into CPMC :|

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 03:35:39 AM »
I could make an elaborate response and stuff, but my back hurts and I'm too bored, so I'll demand you take that back. (Danbo)

edit: Also we could totally be having this conversation in the Atelier, why aren't we?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 03:38:20 AM »
I could make an elaborate response and stuff, but my back hurts and I'm too bored, so I'll demand you take that back. (Danbo)

edit: Also we could totally be having this conversation in the Atelier, why aren't we?

I take some of it back. This pic still looks somewhat awkward, and I maintain what I said concerning her style.

I'm tired too. Worked on a paper for the last few hours. Bed soon.

EDIT: Look at the way udonge's legs stick out.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 03:38:43 AM »
Yeah, I can see the similarities between their coloring styles, but maybe they're both just too good at it?
Fuck you, I want my multi-touch :<

Sonyyyy
Don't know man.

Alphonse and An2a are two artists that kick both their asses.

On the other hand, Caidy's been receiving some private lessons that I haven't been aware of?

If you want to get 2.1 firmware now, and you're not afraid of potentially bricking your x10 mini, reflash your phone to Global or Nordic.
Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=826455
Else, just wait until the end of the month. It's only 15 more days.
NOTE: Multi-touch is not supported. No GBA emulator for you.

ninja'd
Style? What style? Sayori is good in spite of not developing an original style, not because of it. It's her proportions and excellent excecution that catches our eyes, not any stylistic factor. If you must affix a style to her, it's a generic late 90s/early 00s anime look, albeit with a very smooth feeling to it. Some of the angles are interesting, and the detail is absurd, but it isn't exactly stylized work. Ideolo, on the other hand, is fairly stylized. He uses dynamic posing and creative shading; It gives his art a softer, more cartoonish feel.

I see Caidychen as being an intermediate of the two. Not as dynamic as Ideolo but not as detailed as Sayori.
*Sayori isn't that detailed, though.
*Yeah I'm pretty sure she's got an original style. (It's all about the way she colors.)
*Not just about proportions, but poses, character expressions, oh, and backgrounds.
*Ideolo is his own thing. He shades really flat, and that kills detail A LOT. But the good thing is that he makes his lineart and color work perfectly, and that's why it's really nice to look at. (Well of course, among other things...)

I SOOOO wanna hang that on my wall.

I take some of it back. This pic still looks somewhat awkward, and I maintain what I said concerning her style.

I'm tired too. Worked on a paper for the last few hours. Bed soon.

EDIT: Look at the way udonge's legs stick out.
HOLY SHIT
Spoiler:
I see it....
Spoiler:
I just wish Sayori would stop drawing so much junk, though. YOU know I can't be a fan of something or someone FOREVER. It just doesn't work...

Look at the first two pages in her Danbo gallery. C'mon...
Quit reposting old stuff...
I think Sayori's done... =[
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:45:52 AM by Morphine❖ »

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 03:44:43 AM »

ninja'd*Sayori isn't that detailed, though.
*Yeah I'm pretty sure she's got an original style. (It's all about the way she colors.)
*Not just about proportions, but poses, character expressions, oh, and backgrounds.
*Ideolo is his own thing. He shades really flat, and that kills detail A LOT. But the good thing is that he makes his lineart and color work perfectly, and that's why it's really nice to look at. (Well of course, among other things...)I SOOOO wanna hang that on my wall.

What's "ninja'd" anyways?
*I don't see anything too special in the way she colors, or the palette she uses. A bit muted, maybe? She has a style, yes, but not an original one
*But most of her poses, and the ones she does the best, just involve characters standing or sitting. Of course, she's starting to expand somewhat, a lot of the more recent pictures involve... NSFW poses.
*I agree on the last point.

And I doubt Sayori's "Done" either. She can improve.

EDIT: Alphonse is still awesome. And An2a put out that awesome Touhou Photobook; wasn't that him?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:53:21 AM by Ubiquitial »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 03:55:51 AM »
Alphonse and An2a are two artists that kick both their asses.
Alphone's style is heavier, more realistic maybe(probably a bad word)? I like it a lot though, it's less bright colors and hapiness and more badass.
I never looked much into An2a before, this piece aside, but browsing it now I have to agree, gotta have an ass of steel to compete with this level.

NOTE: Multi-touch is not supported. No GBA emulator for you.
I thought 2.0 up would fix this? Also no, I'll wait me 15 days ty :3

I SOOOO wanna hang that on my wall.
Right?

Spoiler:
I see it....
I don't? Seriously, I'm trying.

Spoiler:
I just wish Sayori would stop drawing so much junk, though.
Yeah, I noticed. Going the T2 way, minus double feet =/
Sucks.
                                                                                   .

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 04:06:04 AM »

What's "ninja'd" anyways?
*I don't see anything too special in the way she colors, or the palette she uses. A bit muted, maybe? She has a style, yes, but not an original one
*But most of her poses, and the ones she does the best, just involve characters standing or sitting. Of course, she's starting to expand somewhat, a lot of the more recent pictures involve... NSFW poses.
*I agree on the last point.

And I doubt Sayori's "Done" either. She can improve.

EDIT: Alphonse is still awesome. And An2a put out that awesome Touhou Photobook; wasn't that him?
I was about to buy An2a's Petite Fatal 4th, but later I found out that not only was it 30 USD, but it was also a TEENY TINY PAPER size.

Someone might accidentally mistake it for toilet paper =X
==========================================
Re: Sayori

Nah, you got the Hatsune Miku set, the Patchy Set, and the Chocola set. They all involve
Spoiler:
A dick being jammed somewhere and splurging all over the place.
I might as well browse the
Spoiler:
rape
tag on the board. I seriously don't enjoy this type of art. It doesn't say anything. =/[/size][/font]

f' that. I'm disappointed. There's tons other artists to check out. Usotsukiya?

And ninja'd means this:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Alphone's style is heavier, more realistic maybe(probably a bad word)? I like it a lot though, it's less bright colors and hapiness and more badass.
I never looked much into An2a before, this piece aside, but browsing it now I have to agree, gotta have an ass of steel to compete with this level.
I thought 2.0 up would fix this? Also no, I'll wait me 15 days ty
Right?
I don't? Seriously, I'm trying.
Yeah, I noticed. Going the T2 way, minus double feet =/
Sucks.
Ass of steel? That reminds me of Bender from Futurama.

Alphonse can draw guys, and girls. His style looks more like an actual painting. I liked Sayori's because of it's smoothness and clarity of each line. It appealed so much to me.

------> Udonge is either a giant with extremely long legs or her leg got dislocated and shoot off into the far distance.

But we all know perspective is a bitch, yes? It's forgivable. My main beef is with what she's doing now. The problem is that she isn't doing anything, and the recent stuff she's done quite frankly, sucks...

But please, don't let Sayori become like T2...

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 04:18:29 AM »
His style looks more like an actual painting.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say when I put it as 'realistic'.

Also yeah, Sayori's attempt at NSFW is pathetic =/
Not because it's
Spoiler:
rape-based
, because there is quality art of that kind, though I understand everyone who avoids it, but because uh, it lacks everything. It's just as you described, period.

.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 04:37:48 AM »
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say when I put it as 'realistic'.

Also yeah, Sayori's attempt at NSFW is pathetic =/
Not because it's
Spoiler:
rape-based
, because there is quality art of that kind, though I understand everyone who avoids it, but because uh, it lacks everything. It's just as you described, period.
Spoiler:
Sayori does not fail at NSFW. (18+ NSFW)
At least she gets the ropes right. =/

I repeat, she does not fail at NSFW.
(All links are NSFW / Danbo.)

Draw more stuff like this plz (Danbo / SFW)
=======================================

Actually, I should just be patient. If she was that good 2 - 5 years ago, why not now? Meanwhile, I'll check other illustrators.

Just look at the coloring for the last one. But yeah, her best work will always be of the non-nsfw kind.

Something's gotta give, sooner or later. =] (Danbo / Safe)

=======================================

Realistic is good, though. I respect realistic style a lot, as long as it makes the characters look good, though!

And, is it just me or does my post (before this one) have a larger text size?

EDIT: I'll try to move this discussion somewhere else, thanks!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:43:18 AM by Morphine❖ »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 04:39:17 AM »
I'mma let you finish your art rant, but... Take it to the actual talking thread, if not an actual art thread, please. Tangents for discussion are good and all, but I don't know what I'd split this topic into anyway, so!

<Tsukiko> I do!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:24:24 AM by Jana »

Drake

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 05:34:15 AM »
"Ninja'ed" implies that the person who managed to post before you (usually just before you do) essentially has just said the exact same thing you were going to say.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 05:51:43 AM »
Thanks guys!

So uh~
Sayori.
I love her... artwork, I mean.

*tch, it's not like she's my favorite artist or something!
well, she kinda is, but that's not the point!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 05:58:57 AM »
I'mma let you finish your art rant, but... I'm a janitor
~

Let me rephrase it, she's damn good at ecchi/borderline stuff, even when it crosses the line and involves nudity, but when she tries
Spoiler:
actual fucking
, it's just meh. Of the links in your posts, the only two that involve it really duck, imo.
Yes they're great from a technical point of view, but we all know she's damn skilled, and they both just scream "I ran out of ideas so here's someone getting plowed in a stupid way with fluids all over".
                                                                                   .

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 06:06:30 AM »
Let me rephrase it, she's damn good at ecchi/borderline stuff, even when it crosses the line and involves nudity, but when she tries
Spoiler:
actual fucking
, it's just meh.
Bottom line, nobody likes pho' king?
Of the links in your posts, the only two that involve it really duck, imo.
You lost me here  :blush:
here's someone getting plowed in a stupid way with fluids all over".
God, take down the Hatsune Miku set

...and start drawing good stuff again
==============================================================
So I think we're done with this artist?

It's like, "we know she's good, but she simply doesn't do her best anymore. She's satisfied with what she's got."

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:48 AM »
Bottom line, nobody likes pho' king?You lost me here  :blush: God, take down the Hatsune Miku set
Nah, Taka pulled it off amazingly, before, you know
                                                                                   .

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 07:50:27 PM »
Nah, Taka pulled it off amazingly, before, you know

As in, tony? He's always struck me as kinda meh. For an artist of that caliber, he has a lot of problems with proportions.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 10:26:17 PM »
Um, by
you know
I meant the point he started going fuckitI'mfamousenough and doing things poorly, messing up proportions and screwing up bad, at which point we decided to forget the guy.
                                                                                   .

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 04:47:37 AM »
C'mon guys, this is a great thread. We should fill this up.

Artist feature that I copied from an old DA Journal. Sorry for only posting crap from Danbooru. (You've been warned, a lot of these links are NSFW, use safebooru if you'd like instead.)

Feature

Fine Art Parodies. [link]
Artists' take on popular art.

Scenery Gallery: [link]

S

★★★ Shino [Effy] [link]

★★★ Asakura Masatoki [link]

★★★ Arsenixc [link]

★★★ *GENZOMAN [link]
Strong, vivid colors. Epic profile. He is one of the best artists on DA, and he is Mexican, so don't worry about not being able to pronounce his name.

★★★ Dain [link]
Epic art.

★★★ Murakami Suigun [link]

★★★ Sayori T2yori

★★★ IDEOLO [link]
Works with Sayori. Unique shading style. Looks like stained glass windows?

★★★ Ino [link]

★★★ Kantoku [link]

★★★ Kurione [link]
Draws scenery.

A

★★★ Usatan [link]
He loves food, so he draws...food.

Kazakura [link]
I think this guy's head is broken.

★★★ Noizi Ito [link]
I just dropped my nose.

Kurikara [link]
I don't like his work.

★★★ 3U [link]
Slightly realistic Anime style. Very good.

★★★ Imizu [link]
Best image ever: [link]

[link]
^^^^This guy uploads his work on DA. Get on his ass if you want =/

Tomose Shunsaku [link]
It's genericmoeshit+

★★★ Sawasawa [link]
Clean sketches. I don't think it's computer lineart.

Naturalton [link]
Ultra-clean lines.

B

★★★ Alphes [link]
Did the official art for the Touhou fighting games. I can't understand how his shading works.

★★★ Mota [link]
Did the official art for an IOSYS cover, and the artwork for Super Marisa Land. Bright colors.

★★★ Hirasaka Makoto [link]
Did the official art for Touhou 12.8: Fairy Wars.

★★★ Petenshi [link]
Obsessed with Youmu + Yuyuko.

★★★ Yamashita Shunya [link]
Simple shading. Female artist. Popular, and has released an art book.

Yudesoba [link]
Soft shading/lineart.

Hiroyuki [link]
Did an epic comic involving Sanae.

Omchicken [link]
Loves Kogasa and Sanae. Draws comics.

Chotto [link]
Black and white. Interesting art.

Ayasugi Tsubaki [link]
Artist who did some art for Zun. Uh, yeah. [link]

★★★ Tomokichi [link]
He draws the best Sanae ever. (Character design/personality)

Matsushita Yuu [link]
Seems like the higher end of Anime art that is common on DA...

47agdragon [link]
Average.

Ao Usagi [link]
Dark humor. Hits taboo/vulgar topics/puns that are unique to Touhou. Can come up with clever material.

Asskiller [link]
Better than average gallery.

Yassy [link]
lolwat

★★★ Urushi [link]
ANIMATOR Loves Reiuji Utsuho.

Takashima [link]
This guy's fucking nuts. =[

C

Fummy [link]
Cute shading style. [link]

Tsuki Wani [link]
A comedian with a computer.

Toro [Nightlord] [link]
This guy loves Sanae...

Wancozow [link]
Specializes in BDSM

O-Life Japan [link]
Doujin Circle. Supposedly they're actually farmers. They make music.

Gatau [link]
Draws Touhou comics. Has his dirty jokes, though. [link]

Matyinging [link]
Lineart and simple color. Touhou. Cute.

Plastic Eraser [link]
Your mom's like a plastic eraser, used again and again until she is worn out and lost =[

Unsorted:

Takatora [link]

Housou Kouzou [link]

Hebitsukai [link]
Subtle use of color, but nice style.

★★★ Kei [link]
Did the concept artwork for Hatsune Miku.

Kochiya [link]

Moruga [link]
Nice shading style, but should have more art! Maybe he's new?

Nakuru [link]
Meh. Those eyes, though. =]

★★★ niθ [link]
Have a look. This guy can *sometimes* pull some epic shit.

Plus9 [link]
Another noob artist that uses JPEGs

Rei [link]
More than decent, usually jpeg/low res, though. Need reference for drawing lips? See the Sanae pic.

Sanntouhei [link]
Featured in a magazine at least once. The style is different, but the talent is there.

Sinzire [link]
Doesn't appear to use lineart.

Marumi [link]
Follows Anime. Tries new techniques.

Ayasaka [link]
Ultra-smooth lines. She knows how to lineart. Draws comics.

Ichiwara Masahiro [link]
This: [link]

★★★ White Rose [link]
Floral Design

Hidaka Ryou [link]
Blue hair and elf ears.

Discuss, add more artists to the list. Sorry for DA links. Alternatively, you can copy and paste their names onto Safe / Danbo.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:59:28 AM by Morphine❖ »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 11:48:05 PM »
I was myself collecting artists I wanted to talk about here, but ninja'd. :3

I'm honestly too tired to look right now, but yes, let's keep this up.
                                                                                   .

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 11:57:32 PM »
Adding: Fakepucco (NSFW)

Just because he is the illustrator of my avatar.
Warning: Fakepucco draws a lot of fetish work. Not for the squeamish.This piece of his is a very accurate portrayal of what young women of today chat about: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/788158/alice_margatroid-comic-fakepucco-hakurei_reimu-kir

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 06:41:57 AM »
Since it was mentioned in CPMC (:<)

I absolutely love the hair this one does.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/591623
                                                                                   .

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »
Since it was mentioned in CPMC (:<)

I absolutely love the hair this one does.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/591623
She's very nice, yes~

Reminds me of this artist: http://getty.deviantart.com/gallery/#/dbyj52
Ahh, It's been a while. *nostalgia attack

I remember looking at this guy's profile for tutorials when I was just starting out.

Thanks for sharing this. I suppose one thing leads to another!
==================================================

C79 is coming up!
Is it fine to talk about download artists' artbooks around these parts? Well, I've been waiting for someone to upload scans of An2a's Petite Fatal 4th.

Why? Well: http://www.nattoli.net/art/6107/petite-fatal-4th-touhou-project-fan-book-10
That bottom~

And: http://www.nattoli.net/art/6098/petite-fatal-4th-touhou-project-fan-book-2
I'd never imagine An2a drawing something like this!

==============================================

A slightly different topic:
It seems like there's still the American Animation/Art vs. Japanese Animation/Art thing going on. I thought we were done with that, but my teacher seems to be treading around a common misconception that "Anime art isn't art because everyone's doing it."

I set my eyes off this possible outcome and I didn't expect her to react negatively towards some of my work and towards some of the artists I like, no matter how subtle it may be. I guess I'll keep this side of myself a secret for now. From now on, my Anime art style will be a hobby (It's always been a hobby, but I will hide it from others now.), and instead, I'll use a more realistic style (Been doing this for a while, though) to please others and to give them what they want.

Art is competitive, and opinion suddenly becomes fact!

Doyora

• this space is avaliable for hire
  • call 0800 TWO-WHO for more information
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 10:34:07 PM »
500 hrs in photoshop
everything is airbrushed smooth to fuck
best artist ever
when it comes to pirating touhou games, I'm blackbeard

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 07:57:22 PM »

C79 is coming up!
Is it fine to talk about download artists' artbooks around these parts? Well, I've been waiting for someone to upload scans of An2a's Petite Fatal 4th.

Why? Well: http://www.nattoli.net/art/6107/petite-fatal-4th-touhou-project-fan-book-10
That bottom~

And: http://www.nattoli.net/art/6098/petite-fatal-4th-touhou-project-fan-book-2
I'd never imagine An2a drawing something like this!

==============================================

A slightly different topic:
It seems like there's still the American Animation/Art vs. Japanese Animation/Art thing going on. I thought we were done with that, but my teacher seems to be treading around a common misconception that "Anime art isn't art because everyone's doing it."

I set my eyes off this possible outcome and I didn't expect her to react negatively towards some of my work and towards some of the artists I like, no matter how subtle it may be. I guess I'll keep this side of myself a secret for now. From now on, my Anime art style will be a hobby (It's always been a hobby, but I will hide it from others now.), and instead, I'll use a more realistic style (Been doing this for a while, though) to please others and to give them what they want.

Art is competitive, and opinion suddenly becomes fact!

Holy... Wow. I want that book.

Also, don't play the tragic heroine, you know. Anime art will never be as deep as REAL art, like Yves Klein and his Monochrome Blue.

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 08:14:57 PM »
Holy... Wow. I want that book.

Also, don't play the tragic heroine, you know. Anime art will never be as deep as REAL art, like Yves Klein and his Monochrome Blue.
http://www.walfas.org/?p=107