Author Topic: OSU!  (Read 1853 times)

Mechacide

• I fap to border of extacy...
    • DeviantArt I DRAW TOUHOU GIRLS
OSU!
« on: October 21, 2010, 03:42:10 AM »
Let's learn about osu!
osu! is primarily played using a mouse to click 'beats' displayed on-screen in time with the music. This is analogous to tapping the beats on the Nintendo DS screen with a stylus. At the top of the screen, a health bar is present, which is constantly drained. If the player hits or clears a beat, the health meter at the top of the screen fills slightly. If he misses a beat, a large part of the meter is drained, and if it gets completely empty, he fails the song. There are three types of beats in the game: Hit circles, sliders and spinners. Every time the player hits a hit circle or an end circle, touch a slider tick, or clear a spinner, the combo is raised by 1. If he misses any of the above, the combo is reset back to 0.
If your looking for help click, here.http://osu.ppy.sh/p/faq
If you want to see osu! in action, check out some videos in this thread. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=581
osu! History

osu! was initially developed as a proof-of-concept by peppy in July 2007. It was his first attempt at making a game since the point-and-click titles he used to make many years previously. After it turned out better than expected in a short period of time, it became clear that this gaming style had more potential than has already been released. This was the birth of osu!.

osu! is now beyond its time in many areas, with a huge focus on web integration and community aspects. Features are added based on people's requests, and their perceived usefulness to the community as a whole. The map submission process (Beatmap Submission System) is seamless and intuitive from start to finish. Importing songs, loading skins and playing the game is simple enough for almost anyone to handle.
Multiplayer support is available. New gameplay modes are implemented to expand the scope of this game beyond its original expectations.
The Future
Think big, and expect big.

| So the game is really awesome. You can make your own songs and upload them on the website and there is huge online scoreboards. + LOADS OF TOUHOU and other SONGS UP FOR DOWNLOAD ON THE SITE
go download it here its free  :o  http://osu.ppy.sh/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:44:32 AM by Mechacide »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: OSU!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 04:05:03 AM »
oh man osu

i remember when my keyboard was busted so this was the only game i could play, good times.

never did a difficulty past normal though, jesus the people who make those maps scare me. :ohdear:

Treasurance

• Now with 100% more Ban'd!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:24:10 AM »
its that game that DOENSNT work on my laptop because it wont install because of some net framework 2 that doensnt work

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 04:45:36 AM »
How funny, I saw this while I was working on making a beatmap... Which I haven't done in forever.
I don't play Osu! much any more, but it's pretty fun. A good incentive to play is that they have a ton of Touhou arrange beatmaps around. The extra mode where you catch falling fruit is also nice.

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 07:11:43 AM »

This game is awesome. Bemani, DJMax, and Anime themes everywhere. (?A?)
Touhou is nice too, I guess.

I wish I could map but there are no guides afaik. Those who know, know. ┐(?ー `)┌

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 12:20:52 AM »
Ah lol OSU!

It was pretty fun, but lack of touch screen for me turned me off. And I'm not really into the mouse+click gameplay. I'll stick with Stepmania until you can port OSU! into a DS flash cartridge.

Mechacide

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 08:53:30 PM »
Guide For Beatmapping Here >  http://osu.ppy.sh/p/faq#

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 01:40:47 AM »
I was kind of hoping for more of a guide guide. You know, where to start, some helpful tips, stuff to avoid, stuff like that. I figured out most of what I need through experimentation anyway. :V

Mechacide

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 04:13:34 AM »
I was kind of hoping for more of a guide guide. You know, where to start, some helpful tips, stuff to avoid, stuff like that. I figured out most of what I need through experimentation anyway. :V
ahh cool so did you make anything :D ?