Author Topic: ITT: Castlevania  (Read 9108 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: ITT: Castlevania
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 09:16:07 PM »
The old Castlevania games are fun but aggravating. Man, I remember having a seizure along with my grade school buddy when we tried to get through Castlevania 3.

I found that Castlevania 3 was pretty easy if you took Syphia's route (that was the name right? I forget, the wizard person). I never really got past Alucard's route though. I mean I'm sure I could if I really faced it now, I just don't have much interest because I kinda don't enjoy platformers so much anymore, but I just remember playing it a few times as a kid, realizing it was much harder, and giving up. I THINK I got far in it though. Last thing I remember doing was walking thru a door on the bottom left side of the screen, and ending up some tower. the camera scrolled up slowly (and you die of course if you're on the bottom, despite there being no spikes or whatever), and square stones would fall from the sky (and hurt alot if they landed on you). I mean we all know this from pretty much every platformer game, I just never really got past the one in Castlevania 3 for Alucard's route >=P.

Seems like nobody else found his route to be the hard though, weird.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »
Castlevania III needs a remake. Because Julius mode in Dawn of Sorrow just ain't cutting it.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »
So I found the "Master" of the castle in SoTN...

Why does he Gaurd EVERY SINGLE ATTACK I USE?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 07:48:35 PM by Riktieiki Yamaxanadu »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 08:55:10 PM »
So I found the "Master" of the castle in SoTN...

Why does he Gaurd EVERY SINGLE ATTACK I USE?
Sooo...
Spoiler:
Richter
?

If so, it's partially because
Spoiler:
you're not supposed to attack him
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 09:41:32 PM »
What... Why do games have to include dumb survive for invisible timer story battles... I want to hurt things not stall for time.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2010, 09:45:12 PM »
What... Why do games have to include dumb survive for invisible timer story battles... I want to hurt things not stall for time.
It's because you're missing an item that will allow you to continue.  Have you found both the silver and gold rings yet?  If not, do so.  Once you do, read both their descriptions for a hint.  If you still can't figure it out
Spoiler:
equip them and go to the clock room
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:47:02 PM by Barrakketh »
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 09:46:27 PM »
Uhh theres Silver and Gold Rings?

Guess i'll have to run halfway around the castle 18 times looking for them.

EDIT: Found the Gold Ring.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:35:47 PM by Riktieiki Yamaxanadu »