Author Topic: 30 minutes or it's free!  (Read 148551 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: 30 minutes or it's free!
« Reply #360 on: February 22, 2010, 06:42:18 PM »
>"Certainly!"
>Follow along.
>Hope there will be teacakes as well.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #361 on: February 22, 2010, 08:13:27 PM »
>"Certainly!"
>Follow along.
>Hope there will be teacakes as well.
> You follow Reimu inside the shrine, followed by Mima and Suika, who are engrossed in their own conversation.
> You pass through the shrine and enter a discrete door into Reimu's living area.  Spartan does not even begin to describe the decor.  The main room is tatami, with a large circular table in the middle.  The walls are bare, unfinished wood with one small bookshelf to break the monotony.  Ruukoto boils water in a small kitchen to the right, while a door to the right seems to lead to the rest of the house, though you can't imagine there being much else to it.
> Reimu and Suika sit at the table across from each other.  You take your spot between them while Mima "sits" across from you, continuing her conversation with Suika.
> You doubt there will teacakes, you feel that you're lucky to get tea.
> "So, while we wait for the tea to finish, what would you like to know?"

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #362 on: February 22, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »
>"The basics, I guess. It sounds pretty important, so I wanna get it right from the start, you know?"
>Lament not bringing teacakes.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #363 on: February 22, 2010, 09:56:03 PM »
> Listen carfully once Reimu starts explaining spellcards, but until she starts, keep an ear open on Mima and Suika's conversation.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #364 on: February 22, 2010, 11:39:07 PM »
>Examine Reimu's Armpits

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #365 on: February 23, 2010, 12:27:48 AM »
>"The basics, I guess. It sounds pretty important, so I wanna get it right from the start, you know?"
>Lament not bringing teacakes.
> You do so love teacakes, you should try and grab some for Afternoon Tea.
> "Well, let's take it one bit at a time, I'll start with history and you can just pop in with any questions you may have."
> "So, as you probably already know, the spell card system is something that I set up.  I started it as a way to standardize combat between humans and youkai, but also to limit combat.  Before the system was set up, youkai routinely had the advantage as they were able to tap into their natural magical powers without difficulty.  Humans, as you're surely aware, could not tap into their latent magical ability easily, provided they had any at all.  The obvious exception were Magicians, but they were such a minority that they're hardly worth mentioning."
> "So, I developed this system.  The way it works is as such: You can develop cards based on whatever your magical strength is.  By channeling this ability, you can use it as an attack.  First, you must learn to convert your power into a tangible object called a bullet, not the kind made out of lead but the danmaku kind, since another purpose of the system was to be non-lethal.  Now, once you can create these bullets, you call upon whatever your power source is, basically the thing that allows you to channel magic in the first place.  You must create a link between the objects so as to allow the bullets to draw power directly from the source and not use yourself as an intermediary.  Once you master this skill, you use bullets to create attacks, which can be in waves, patterns, sieges, however you want.  The only catch to this is that the attack cannot be unavoidable, one must be able to survive it in some way."
> "Now comes the actual spell card bit.  Once you have created this attack, you assign an incantation for summon it.  This is now the spell used for this attack in battle, and is stored on a card.  To use this attack, you pull out the card in battle, declare the spell, and let loose.  Spell card, makes sense right?  Because of the power draw on your source, you can only have a finite number of cards at your disposal; that number is currently 10.  Anyone caught with more than 10 cards faces severe punishment, i.e. they have to answer to me."
> "I think that should cover the basics of what they are, do you have any other questions?"

>_

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #366 on: February 23, 2010, 12:31:31 AM »
>Nod in understanding

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #367 on: February 23, 2010, 12:34:38 AM »
> Listen carfully once Reimu starts explaining spellcards, but until she starts, keep an ear open on Mima and Suika's conversation.
> You catch bits and pieces of their conversation, but it's hard to follow.  You do hear the word "armpit" passed back and forth more than it should.

>Examine Reimu's Armpits
> You observe Reimu.  She's kneeling at the table very daintily.  Her outfit is red and white, as it always had been, with her skirt being currently bunched up on the floor.  A yellow neckerchief breaks the monotony of her monochrome vest, and provides a nice contrast.  Her white sleeves are accentuated with red ribbons, and billow out near her hands to a size that does not seem practical, but they do well to conceal her armpits when she raises her arms.

>Nod in understanding
> You nod in understanding, but are distracted by the arrival of Ruukoto and a tray of tea cups, tea pot and tea, a tea tray if you will.
> Reimu takes the tray and begins to prepare four cups of tea with the elegance you would expect of a shrine maiden.  You must wonder whether Mima will actually be drinking her tea though, what with the half-ghost thing and all.
> "I'm surprised, do you really not have a question?"  You are brought back into reality.

>_
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:41:09 AM by Vic Viper »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #368 on: February 23, 2010, 12:39:27 AM »
>"How do you get spellcards, exactly? I get the feeling you have to make them, so how's that work?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #369 on: February 23, 2010, 12:47:27 AM »
>"How do you get spellcards, exactly? I get the feeling you have to make them, so how's that work?"
> "To make them isn't terribly difficult.  I described the spell creation process, but storing them requires a few things.  First, you need the approval of a shrine maiden that the spell is appropriate for use.  Usually, I'm the one to approve them, though Sanae handles a few of them these days.  Sadly it's probably the only reason people come to the shrine these days, but I digress.  Once you have approval for the spell, you need a card to write it down on.  I call them cards, but they're actually just slips of paper that I've assigned a seal to.  That seal allows the paper to be able to store a spell with leaking or losing effectiveness, but also without discharging at inopportune times.  Simply write the incantation on the card and you're all set."
> She passes you a cup with an inky green liquid.  You wonder what kind of tea it is, since you've never seen this color before.  You also realize that there's no milk, darn.

>_ 

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2010, 01:14:05 AM »
> "Ah...  Okay.  I think I got the gist of it."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:16:21 AM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #371 on: February 23, 2010, 01:17:13 AM »
> "I heard that humans must find and unlock their spiritual power before we can channel them into the spells. How can I do that?"
> "Btw, is Mima material enough to drink tea without... y'know, leaking?"
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #372 on: February 23, 2010, 01:34:44 AM »
>Sip dat tea!

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #373 on: February 23, 2010, 02:04:19 AM »
> "Ah...  Okay.  I think I got the gist of it."
> Reimu closes her eyes and sips her tea, she clearly doesn't get to relax very often.
> "Please, this is your time to ask whatever you want, whether related to spell cards or not."
> From the corner of your eye you see Suika pour something from from her gourd into her cup.
> "Suika don't do that, you'll ruin the taste."
> "Feh, what dyou know?  Best sake overpowers everything."  She punctuates this slamming her cup back, then howling in pain at the burn she just gave her throat.
> Mima slaps her on the back.  "That's what you get for mouthing off to her.  Hey Rei, your tea's the best!"

> "I heard that humans must find and unlock their spiritual power before we can channel them into the spells. How can I do that?"
> "Btw, is Mima material enough to drink tea without... y'know, leaking?"
> "Well, I suppose it's possible to unlock it, but it takes training and practice.  It all depends on your potential for ability.  I can check yours for you if you'd like."
> "Leaking?  No, we don't have to worry about that from her.  I don't worry myself thinking about the logistics of how it works, and I suggest you don't either.  All you should know is that she doesn't eat, she only drinks tea."

>Sip dat tea!
> You feel that it's cooled sufficiently and tilt the still inky cup.  It's a very strong tea, and tastes quite thick.  It's also more bitter than you'd like, making it fairly unpleasant to drink.  Yet, it's such an interesting feeling, how it fills your throat and sinuses before you swallow, that you feel obligated to drink more.  You can tell why Suika added sake to hers though.  Mima doesn't seem to have a problem, but you wonder if she can even taste it.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #374 on: February 23, 2010, 02:11:11 AM »
>"Sure, have a look and see if I have potential. Um, I think that spinning curse lady said something about it. Nina?"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #375 on: February 23, 2010, 03:17:19 AM »
> "She also mentioned something about me having lots of trouble in my near future."
> "May I see some of your spell cards Reimu? Maybe even Mima's? I think I understand how they work and all, but I thought it would be best if I saw a few approved cards myself."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #376 on: February 23, 2010, 03:40:13 AM »
>"Sure, have a look and see if I have potential. Um, I think that spinning curse lady said something about it. Nina?"
> "Oh, you ran into Hina this morning?  Yeech, she's a weird one; I hate the way she wears her hair."
> "Anyway, as for the reading-"
> She puts her tea on the table, while Suika madly scampers over to near the two of you.  "Oooh, I love this part," as she adjusts to a prime position.
> Reimu scoots over until she is kneeling directly in front of you, your knees practically touching.  With her this close, you can't help but stare.  Fine black hair reflects the light from the window with a perfect sheen, accentuating the fair skin of her face.  Her flawless skin continues downward and pulls taut around her neck.  She may not have money, but she still takes care of herself.
> She clamps her hands onto your temples and leans in until her eyes are only a breath away from yours.  You give into temptation and glance down; unsurprisingly, her armpits appear freshly-shaved.
> Her yellow eyes bring your attention back to Reimu, that and the glowing.  She starts to mutter what you assume to be an incantation in a language you can't recognize, and you feel yourself fixate on her eyes.  Her voice soon fades away, as does the rest of the room, and you find yourself floating.  A great lapis blue sky stretches above you as clouds carry you gently over the landscape.  The weightlessness is so wonderful that you hardly realize when you start to fall.  Jerked awake, you see the darkening sky just before lightning catches you.  Electricity courses through your veins, boiling blood and searing your flesh.  You open your mouth, hoping that screaming will alleviate the pain, but nothing comes out.  Before you can find relief, you awaken back at the shrine, Suika holding a tea towel in your mouth.
> "OK," Reimu gasps for breath, "he's back.  He's not going to bite anymore Suika."
> The tea towel comes out and you rush to replace it with air.

> "She also mentioned something about me having lots of trouble in my near future."
> "May I see some of your spell cards Reimu? Maybe even Mima's? I think I understand how they work and all, but I thought it would be best if I saw a few approved cards myself."
> "Trouble?  Maybe so, but I'll tell you something: you've got the potential for something.  For what, I have no idea, but it's a shock that you aren't proficient in magic of some kind by now."
> "Oh, spell cards, right, give me a minute."  Reimu lays back and continues to gulp down air.
> Mima bobs over and holds a white slip in front of your face.  In an elegant script, it reads "Astral Sign, Poltergeist Projection."  At the bottom right is a large red stamp that you presume is the seal.
> Reimu finally sits up.  "Wooo, wow."

>_

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #377 on: February 23, 2010, 03:44:49 AM »
> Watch the demonstration and learn from it
> After it's finished, ask details about what the hell just happenned, lightning, electricity, pain etc.
                                                                                   .

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #378 on: February 23, 2010, 03:46:43 AM »
>"So I get get myself a spell?"
>Ponder the similarity of Momiji and Reimu's sleeves

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #379 on: February 23, 2010, 04:05:02 AM »
> Remember also Sanae's sleeves. Yeah, she definitely copied Reimu.
                                                                                   .

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #380 on: February 23, 2010, 04:16:38 AM »
>Ponder if there were unusual happenings in personal history that could be attributed to spontaneously manifesting magic.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #381 on: February 23, 2010, 05:12:12 AM »
> Watch the demonstration and learn from it
> After it's finished, ask details about what the hell just happenned, lightning, electricity, pain etc.
> Demonstration?  You just asked to see a card, and see it you did.
> You ask Reimu what happened.  "I'm not sure, everyone has a different experience when finding their potential, but this is the first time a read has been that intense, for both of us."

>"So I get get myself a spell?"
>Ponder the similarity of Momiji and Reimu's sleeves
> "No, not right now.  Just because you have incredible potential doesn't mean you can practice magic yet.  You have to find a way to harness your potential into magical ability.  Unfortunately, I can't help you with that, since it's different for everyone."
> Momiji's sleeves are very form-fitting, they don't billow out like Reimu's do, and Momiji's sleeves are solid white.

> Remember also DONGS's sleeves. Yeah, she definitely copied Reimu.
> Sanae's sleeves are trimmed in blue as opposed to using ribbons, and her sleeves don't billow out as much as Reimu's.

>Ponder if there were unusual happenings in personal history that could be attributed to spontaneously manifesting magic.
> You think back and try to remember anything odd in your childhood.  A quick glance back reveals nothing promising.
> "It's more something you're born with.  You can develop it through some seriously dedicated work, but potential like that is probably natural in your case."
> Your head hurts.  What good does having potential even mean if you can't use it.  How did you not know that you'd been living with this before?
> Mima has moved to behind Suika now, who continues to stare blankly at you.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #382 on: February 23, 2010, 05:18:38 AM »
>"Uh. Is there anything I should avoid, so I don't blow up or something?"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #383 on: February 23, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
> "Is their anyone I could speak to who could be able to help? Or is this pure solo work and meditation and stuff?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #384 on: February 23, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »
>"Uh. Is there anything I should avoid, so I don't blow up or something?"
> "You've been fine up until now, haven't you?  It's not a like a volatile chemical; it just means that you should probably be looking into magic.  So no, you're in no danger of blowing up."

> "Is their anyone I could speak to who could be able to help? Or is this pure solo work and meditation and stuff?"
> Before Reimu can answer, Suika speaks up.  "There's that witch in the forest, Marisa.  She's a witch but she could help with the magic bit.  Friend Alice is a magician, so her too."
> "Of course Sanae can probably help as well.  She may not have direct answers, but she'll probably be able to give you some guidance."
> "Actually, anyone from the Palanquin Ship would be a good bet, since they didn't come from Gensokyo and had to adapt to the system," adds Mima.
> "Oh yeah, the vampires at the Scarlet Devil Mansion might be a good bet, especially that head maid of theirs.  Far as it being solo work I can't say, I've always been proficient in using my power, so I can't speak from experience."
> You lay down and cover you face.  Here you thought today was going to be a normal day.
> Reimu calls for Ruukoto to start clearing the table.  "I'm sorry to cut Tea short, but I don't find it appropriate at a time like this."

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #385 on: February 23, 2010, 02:33:29 PM »
> Flash of inspiration! Our first spellcard will be [Delivery Waybill - Fragile! Handle with care!]

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #386 on: February 23, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »
>Thank Reimu
>Leave
>How much Teatime do we have left?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #387 on: February 23, 2010, 02:49:06 PM »
>Before we leave. "One last thing, could you tell me how to get underground? I have a delivery to make to a Miss Satori."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #388 on: February 23, 2010, 02:51:38 PM »
> Flash of inspiration! Our first spellcard will be [Delivery Waybill - Fragile! Handle with care!]
> You wonder if your constant channeling of MANLY SPIRIT means that your magical ability will be delivery magic?  It's be useful, but also kind of lame.

>Thank Reimu
>Leave
>How much Teatime do we have left?
> There are about 15 minutes left for Tea, so it should be winding down soon.
> You thank Reimu for her help and set off to leave.
> "Of course, you have deliveries.  Do you know where you're going?"

>Before we leave. "One last thing, could you tell me how to get underground? I have a delivery to make to a Miss Satori."
> Sukia jumps up, "Yeah, I know where that is!  You go all the way through the forest to the other side.  It's kinda North but it's kinda East as well, it's where all the other oni live.
> "Anywhere else?"

>_

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #389 on: February 23, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »
>"Oh yeah the Prismrivers."