Author Topic: Kourindou's assistant. (Game over. Results inside!. . . . )  (Read 4895 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Kourindou's assistant. (Game over. Results inside!. . . . )
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »
---- Contest Results! ----

A word first
Ok, this wasn't quite the results I expected. As in the amount of people contributing. Then again I guess that is the nature of the title of IP. People don't mind it because it is easy earned these days ( which is a shame imo ).
So if I had the ability to judge here with IM/ID , surely people would spam my inbox. Or am I being wrong?

Anyway, the number of people PMed were: Two and I am also kind of scratching the back of my head here because there was no competition to begin with honestly. So here are they (drum roll)

'VIVI'
Seriously, I was amazed. Dazzled. Spit my tea probably four times when I saw this. One can wonder why VIVI has taken so much effort in creating this. As if she doesn't care about the IP and just goes for the fun and glory. And that is why VIVI rises highly above everybody because this is just glorious.

As far as I could read from the handwriting. The washing machine is powered by spinning dolls which are controlled by a doll master. They even take turns on working to avoid stress. Now the question is for Rinnosuke where to find such dolls! I guess it is time to call in Alice?

The cellphone, or should I say, fairy phone? In a place like Gensokyo, where else would you find such a phone? Though I have the admit I am a horrible handwriting reader but the idea of a micro fairy being send out extremely fast into the sky then seek the destination to transmit the message. I am sure VIVI can explain us more clearly this.

Rating
Art: 10/10 Handmade, coloured and glorious. What else I need to say here.
Manual instructions: 9/10, complicated usage but very clearly explained. Requires some time to get the fairies running in both machines
Humour factor: 7/10, Maybe not a killer joke manual but the ideas of fairies occupying your washing machine made me chuckle. Especially the doll master sitting there is just amazing.
Touhou relation: 10/10 to the fullest.
Total 9/10
Charismatic

'huh what'
The user wrote an advertisement instead of a manual. Which was obviously not the mission. Still I'll give it a judgement.

Microwave:
An unknown box-like object from a dimension of WONDER and MYSTERY, the microwave contains immense power that allows it to display numbers up to four digits! By pressing one of the magical buttons on the microwave, they will appear on a small screen, solving all the problems remembering numbers that you've EVER HAD! But that's not all this wondrous thing can do! By pressing the large, empty button, the microwave will open up, revealing a HIDDEN COMPARTMENT! Fool thieves by placing what you DON'T WANT THEM TO SEE inside it! They'll never know and think you're a poor man! It works!

As a bonus, by entering a number and then pressing the button labeled "START" (a mysterious word with magical power used in the outside world), the microwave will slowly count down while making an odd humming sounds! Amaze your friends!

WARNING: Attempting to cause the microwave to count down while valuables are stashed inside is a bad idea and may permanently damage them! Handle with caution.

Vacuum cleaner
A mysterious object from the outer world, and you know the outer world always makes good stuff. The Vacuum Cleaner serves as a powerful elemental medium! By focusing your energy into the bottom of the vacuum the same way you would focus your energy to shoot danmaku out of a different place, the danmaku will SHOOT OUT OF THE VACUUM CLEANER! Your opponents will never know what hit them! The Vacuum Cleaner also serves as a powerful melee weapon! While it is only suitable for the extremely physically strong, bashing a person over the head with it will stun them as if they had been bashed over the head by a heavy object! By properly utilizing the Vacuum Cleaner, you will never lose in combat ever again!

Rating
Art: 1/10 None.
Manual instructions: 3/10 Not a manual, but I'll give some points for the instructions as keeping valuables inside a microwave is indeed no a good idea while amazing your friends.
Humour factor: 3/10, Maybe this could have some potential if the vacuum cleaner was turned into a manual to fire danmaku effectively during spell cards for example ( along with pictures ). But no effort was done. A shame.
Touhou relation: 2/10 The only reference I caught was danmaku.
Total 2.25/10
??????

Winner
I can probably safely announce 'VIVI' as the ( probably one of the best ) IPs rising. Please, a warm applaud and whistling please. I wish I could grand you something better. But you have my utter respect and your work moved me.

* Helepolis takes off his hat.

Congratulations and warm applause from me.

Contest briefing below

** suddenly a gap tears open inside Kourindou **

?Rinnosuke-san--- ?
?Oh it is you again, Yakumo Yukari-san. Look if you got no busine--?
?How rude of you, Rinnosuke-san. I brought you this.?
?What is in that bag??
?A human from the real world.?  She chuckles.
?Wait! Isn?t that kidnapping?!?

** bag is opened and you appear from it **

That is right, you got kidn?transferred by Yukari to work as a sla?helper for Rinnosuke. Yukari is going to abuse you for discovering the use of certain items she is interested in. As you know, Rinnosuke can only recognize the name and the purpose of an item. But he has no idea how to use it. From this point on you are a worker inside Kourindou. Your payment is shelter  + food and prevention of getting killed by Yukari.

Your goal is to help him out writing manuals for the items in his store. However, the manuals you are going to write are NOT the real usage of the item. Because you want to payback Yukari, you are going to write fake manuals. Whether you die or live is not Rinnosuke?s concern. He doesn?t care and Yukari is merciless for you idiotic actions.

Charismatic mission:
Write idiotic entertaining manuals for 2 out of 5 items (see below).

Charismatic rules for this event:
- There is no limit to the length of the manuals but any Gensokyo citizen should be able to read them without being bored (we will keep it English for now).
- The manuals can contain pictures to display certain steps being used. (hint: this is encouraged for making customers understand it easier and judgement. )
- When drawing pictures (self-art), you must relate it to Touhou. If you make real life pictures, relate to Touhou as much as possible.
- Manuals can be in done in Doc, PDF, PSD, JPG, PNG or w/e. As long as I can view it and read it.
- Manuals or display must be SAFE for work. Failing to do so results in instant Yukari gap murder.
- You may only submit your work once. So pick your items wisely. I don't accept multiple submitted PMs and you will be ignored.
- Already present IPs or higher may enter for fun and laughter. Their work will be displayed, but not judged.

Charismatic Judgement:
The manual with the most original and entertaining usage method will win.

The manuals must be PMed to me. Deadline is January 31th 2010 23:59 GMT+1 before my Ojousama starts her nightlife. ( You got days ). I don?t care how you provide them, downloadable files, attachments or direct links, as long as they are in my PM.

Charismatic Price:
Idiot Princess status.

Items that are unknown for Yukari and Rinnosuke; Five items, select two
  • Microwave
  • Mobile phone
  • Washing Machine
  • Nargile
  • Vacuum Cleaner
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:55:33 PM by Helepolis »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Kourindou's assistant.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:42:27 PM »
  • Mobile phone

:V You should take a look at the PMISS pages on the wiki.

They just might prevent things like this.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Kourindou's assistant.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:45:46 PM »
Items that are unknown for Yukari and Rinnosuke; Five items, select two

* Microwave
    * Mobile phone
    * Washing Machine
    * Nargile
    * Vacuum Cleaner
a what

I can't make a fake manual if I don't even know what the crap it is in the first place >:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Re: Kourindou's assistant. (IP challenge!)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:49:45 PM »
a what

I can't make a fake manual if I don't even know what the crap it is in the first place >:

It's some kind of middle eastern bong

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »
@ Chaos, I am aware of stuff appearing on PMiSS because two items do show up. Then again, that is no reason for still not being able to write an idiotic manual.

Chaore

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 09:52:19 PM »
Well, It seems awfully unfitting given who you're trying to trick. :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »
I'll repeat myself last time, I am aware of two items appearing in PMiSS and BAiJR, else I wouldn't make the list.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »
This is meant to be a fun challenge. No need to be legalistic about it. :3

Chaore

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 10:04:34 PM »
This is meant to be a fun challenge. No need to be legalistic about it. :3

I'm just sayin'!

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 10:07:05 PM »
* Moerin Tilde Slams Chaore~

Hush, child~

Hmmm... This looks interesting... I might give it a go if I can find the time/inspiration...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Chaore

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »
* Moerin Tilde Slams Chaore~

Hush, child~

Hmmm... This looks interesting... I might give it a go if I can find the time/inspiration...

* Chaore flips, kicks, and sues Moerin

I do agree this will be amusing to read, though.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 11:33:25 PM »
Can people enter for fun, even if they're already IP? :3 (Because the way it's been seeming, orange members are the stark minority in these parts anyway..)
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »
I don't really think I'd be good at this, but if I decide to enter, is text only AOK or will I lose points for it?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
Hmmm good question, I should add that probably in the rules. People with already IP or higher can enter but won't be judged against the challangers. This gives people indeed space to enter for fun. I will also view these entries as last as well in my PM box. Modifying first post.

I don't really think I'd be good at this, but if I decide to enter, is text only AOK or will I lose points for it?
Pictures generally speaks a thousand words, and most manuals have them. It will influence perhaps the judgement , because I am somewhat forcing creativity here.

Note to all that artistic talent is not going to be used during judgement. A stick-Reimu can be just as funny in the context than a Reimu with godlike clothing details and such. Essential idea of pictures is to magnify the "step" or "handling" during the manual. So the idea is here: visualisation and not artistic beauty.

( Forgive my terrible english, I hope I explained it correctly )

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 12:35:37 AM »
Finished and PMed my entry. Not feeling very confident about it, but hey, I'd feel bad passing up a chance to make my name not be my least favorite color.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 01:05:40 AM »
I will enjoy reading this~

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
Hoh, that looks pretty interesting.
Let's see if I can come up with something nice~

Question to Helepolis:
Is it alright if the manual describes several different uses for an item?
Right now I'm having ideas for about 3-4 uses per item that I would want to write about (some are different uses of a certain function of the item, some are completely different functions)

And if several uses are okay, is it also alright if some of those uses are related to specific Touhou characters?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:48:37 PM by Sakana »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 05:16:33 PM »
I might enter just for the fun of it, but I doubt it because I'm lazy.

I just have one question: does one person win or does every work that impresses you award IP?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 09:27:41 PM »
I just have one question: does one person win or does every work that impresses you award IP?
Every impressive would be overkill and not a challange anymore. Depending on permission of the mods, 1-2 IPs will be rewarded.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
Re: Kourindou's assistant. (IP challenge! 1 day remains)
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 08:40:43 AM »
i don`t know if i will able to make the other one, but meanwhile i send my interpretation and the inner working of a Washing Machine (horizontal charge type)...
edit: and i send the second one too, a cellphone.
how you see, im really bad explain how the things can be used. then explain how they works, because in Gensokyo are almost impossible see a washing machine (a modern one, the old was completely mechanic!) working without energy. At least a cellphone, if the battery have charge...but was fun.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:20:39 AM by VIVI »

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Judgement is taking place. Please watch warmly and silently as the OP is being modified.

Edit:

* Helepolis dusts hands.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:55:02 PM by Helepolis »

Re: Kourindou's assistant. (Game over. Results inside!. . . . )
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 12:46:23 AM »
VIVI WIN

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Chaore

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 12:55:24 AM »
Holy crap those are some pretty pictures.

I do have to say those are some pretty damn amusing ideas, especially the doll master.

Its a shame only two people entered, this contest had potential. :V

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 01:50:05 AM »
Argh! I thought we had one more day! Ah well. I probably wouldn't have gotten around to entering.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 02:05:08 AM »
Wow, the first entry by VIVI was just... damn. That's amazing.

Although, considering the second entry, I guess I really should have gotten around to entering, instead of thinking about how I should be planning my text adventure and not actually doing so.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 02:08:17 AM »
;_;

Ah well there's always next time

VIVI WIN

FLAWLESS VICTORY
I did have some points though, it's not really flawless

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 03:07:47 AM »
I could hardly think of anyone more fitting to win a Kourindou-themed contest than VIVI, and her submissions clearly show it.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 03:42:51 AM »
oh...thanks...for me, this was a pleasure (imagine how work things with magic or with the logic from other "universes" is funny!) more because is Kourindou and the explanations of Rinnosuke about how use that things make me laugh and make me play with my imagination...for that is my fab place (for Kourin too XD)
i have another idea for the usage of other object,the vaccum cleaner, but was a bit "risque" and don`t know how really explain that (the word "vaccum" looks like "bye-cum"...and that...XD)...now,thinking,even a microwave is possible to do: same elements,but with two little hakkeros and a crank for rotate the food. The walls of the inside are stainless steel (or hihirokane, like Rinnosuke call it) and permits who the heat of the hakkeros be distributed for all sides.The narguile (or hookah)...is for smoke,of course.Is like a filter,but use water and give you cold smoke...but you need a hookah for make fly a magic carpet! A magic carpet without a narguile simply can`t fly...you need a carpet (turkish or indian) a hookah, and tobbaco from the Ganges river. Put a little here, and smoke there. And then open the window, the magic carpet will begin to float with you. (and you know...Ganja (pot) borns originally from the Ganges! XDXDXD)

sadly no was free style: long time ago i have an explanation for this devise, Rinnosuke style.
-Condoms:for protect you against curses and even have a child meanwhile have sexual intercourse...is supposed who is the moment who you no want a kind of deadly curse,is obvious.probably the colors,flavors and shapes are from different kinds of curses.I know who this are only for males, but i have ones more big who are for woman too. I can`t know who girls can use this...
the antique ones was made from pig skin,but this ones are from a kind of plastic very flexible...(and this ones are more big than the old one...maybe the outsider man has evolutioned to have ...???)
-But...how is used?
-(red face) well...ehhh....like this (put the bag in the neck with a thread like a charm who you can bought in the shinto shrines XD)...

so many thanks for the contest! was really fun play and draw (even who im no good with machines)
(fun fact: the washing machine and the phone are like from my house,the cellphone (Nokia) is mine XD)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 03:54:12 AM by VIVI »

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 07:24:02 AM »
Whoa. Hard to read, but those drawings were magnificent.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 07:41:45 AM »
I suppose you could say entry from all IP is required, with consequences if they don't enter.