Author Topic: Winners of the 2009 Holiday Touho-ho-ho Songfest! (Only 30 days late~)  (Read 16811 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Well the decisions have been finalized, and our winners chosen.  We thank you all once again for your generosity and your enthusiasm on our first ever charity drive.  It was a tough job deciding who was best as all the entries were great in their own way.  But as the peanut gallery was getting kind of antsy and the judges getting frustrated at my stalling, we finally came up with what we consider the best.  Without further ado I would like to introduce our winners.

In the category of Best Lyrics, the Remi goes to... Fightest!  For his wonderful and classy rendition of a traditional Russian tune I will not attempt to pronouce!
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4131.msg181660#msg181660

Honorable Mentions go to rdj522 and the Winter Duo of Letty and Vic.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4131.msg191537#msg191537
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4131.msg200800#msg200800

In the category of Best Vocalist, the Remi goes to... triangles!  Her enthusiastic renditions of "You're a mean one, Kanako" and rdj522's "We Three Queens" were well received by our judge's panel.  You have a great voice!
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4131.msg194787#msg194787
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4131.msg200495#msg200495

Honorable Mention goes to Helepolis.  Your voice was surprisingly good I'll admit.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4131.msg197386#msg197386

Aaaaaand the Best Overall Remi goes to... Arashi!  Your voice was amazing, and your lyrics had us rolling on the floor.  It was pretty much unanimous across the board the decision, and thanks to you I had to make a rule that noone could win multiple categories.  Otherwise you would have won all three.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4131.msg197927#msg197927
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4131.msg197930#msg197930

The prizes are ID for Best Overall and IM for the winners of the other two categories.  The charity split goes 60% for Best Overall, and 20% each for the other two.  Winners please go ahead and either post here or PM me your charity decisions!

And that's a wrap for this year!  Next year I plan on starting much earlier so we can actually get our donations out in time for Christmas =P

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Winners of the 2009 Holiday Touho-ho-ho Songfest! (Only 30 days late~)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:09:37 AM »
i got jobbed

i demand a recount >:(
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Matsuri

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:11:56 AM »
Congratulations and thanks for playing, everyone!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:12:26 AM »
i got jobbed

i demand a recount >:(
Bitch you couldn't handle it! *snaps fingers*

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:33:35 AM »
No point giving you Godmother pink when ID blue was coming, Arashi.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 06:38:46 AM »
No point giving you Godmother pink when ID blue was coming, Arashi.

=P

But anyway. My charity of choice is RAINN. I'm lucky enough not to have gone through any horrible experiences myself, but I have a number of close friends who are survivors, so it means a lot to me.

Drake

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 06:40:00 AM »
=P

But anyway. My charity of choice is RAINN. I'm lucky enough not to have gone through any horrible experiences myself, but I have a number of close friends who are survivors, so it means a lot to me.
Better tell your friends we're doing so, then~

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 06:43:24 AM »
Congrats, everybody! Can't wait to see what the next contest holds.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 06:43:36 AM »
Ahah, congrats everyone~  And not just the winners, everyone who took part, and everyone who donated.  It's great to know such wonderful people~

And congratulations to Arashi on making ID!  I think it's pretty safe to say you deserve it~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 06:54:22 AM »
Donation of $1100.91 made to RAINN, and email sent~

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 07:18:51 AM »
Congratulations to the winners, you all deserved it  :D

I'm looking forward to the next contest of this kind.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 07:48:17 AM »
Congratulations, everyone! I'll admit that I didn't listen to many of the entries, satisfied with just reading the redone lyrics, and now I've come to the realisation how wrong I was - that's some absolutely wonderful singing there.

My charity of choice is Child's Play. I've never come in close contact with them directly, but I respect their work.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »
Glad that's over. Pesco don't make me do this singing again =S the lyrics were quite difficult to handle and also I haven't actually sang for like years this intensive. Ohwell, it was fun ze.

Arashi definitely has a smooth voice. You deserve it babe. Grats. and grats to Fightest, our forum music analysist.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 02:49:58 PM »
Grats everyone!
It was buckets of fun :D
(I think we need to do this like, around Halloween next year to make sure it's on time!)

As for my charity of choice, I gotta go and make it difficult. I choose the Heifer Foundation to donate a llama and a sheep :V

The leftover money I want to go to Angels of Animals.  It's a local organization animal rescue/foster organization that focuses on injured, disabled or otherwise harder to adopt cats (ie, very few mint condition highly desirable kittens)  One of our cats was from them, she came to us as an older adult cat with a beat up ear and recovering from a nasty ear and gum infection after being thrown out on the streets - and that's pretty tame compared to a lot of their cats.  It's something that's important to me, and as soon as MJP and I get a house we're going to see about being a cat foster home as well.

Gpop

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 03:13:14 PM »
Hello fellow maidens. Welcome to the Maidenhood.

Now we shall bow down to Arashi as well. Two spots down, one more to go...

triangles

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »
Hooray promotions!

...wait I forgot that my husband is ID as well, bowing before him is not how this marriage works  :-X

Fightest

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 03:58:40 PM »
I, for one, welcome our new Arashi overlords.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 04:49:37 PM »
Hooray promotions!

...wait I forgot that my husband is ID as well, bowing before him is not how this marriage works  :-X

Not anymore!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 05:10:36 PM »
Fightest:

For Child's Play it is possible to donate one of two ways.  Cash directly, or buy items on a wishlist for a local Children's hospital and send it to them.  There's several Child's Play participating hospitals nearby me so if you want to do something really cool and personal I can spend your part and deliver them.

Fightest

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 07:25:54 PM »
Fightest:

For Child's Play it is possible to donate one of two ways.  Cash directly, or buy items on a wishlist for a local Children's hospital and send it to them.  There's several Child's Play participating hospitals nearby me so if you want to do something really cool and personal I can spend your part and deliver them.

Ah, I see. After some deliberation, I do think that the latter option is nicer, so, er, if it's not too much trouble, can I leave it to your discretion?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »
Not a problem at all.  Just wanted to ask before doing so.

Your money will be going towards purchasing items off of this list here.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ITT0Z14H9INO?ie=UTF8

Fightest

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 09:38:02 PM »
Not a problem at all.  Just wanted to ask before doing so.

Your money will be going towards purchasing items off of this list here.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ITT0Z14H9INO?ie=UTF8

Thumbs-up! I guess go for the stuff for the younger kids first and work your way upwards. :V

That said:
Quote from: Amazon Wish List
Gentle Willow: A Story for Children About Dying by Joyce C. Mills

What the heck. :'(

triangles

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 09:43:47 PM »
deliver them

You know, I made that Yuka costume (top+skirt+tie) to be pretty much one size fits all and can get shoved into a media mail envelope...  :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
You know, I made that Yuka costume (top+skirt+tie) to be pretty much one size fits all and can get shoved into a media mail envelope...  :V

You just want to get rid of it =P

Also hahaha, I just realized and remembered what the Heifer foundation does.  SomethingAwful got a hold of them and decided to donate about 5000 units of BEES, and we always wondered if some poor African farmer got the gift of stinging.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:58:47 PM by The Shining Olaris »