Author Topic: IN Lunatic with Youmu Solo..  (Read 3948 times)

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
IN Lunatic with Youmu Solo..
« on: May 18, 2009, 07:08:31 AM »
OK after i did some runs with Youmu solo and understood how she works,
my new targer: 1cc IN lunatic with youmu solo.
This is going to be a tough run, I know it but i am a bit SM so lets go.
Anyone have experience she/he can share?
i have mostly problems with the stages portion.
stage 3 - stage 4
i watched some replays , but most of them are superplay.
with that said let me ask u how u go inside the faires on stage 4-5.(i mean the fairies that spam that circle base spray attack.) i tried a lot of times but i just cant.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:40:56 AM by ghost333 »

Re: IN Lunatic with Youmu Solo..
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 02:47:09 AM »
with that said let me ask u how u go inside the faires on stage 4-5.(i mean the fairies that spam that circle base spray attack.) i tried a lot of times but i just cant.

The stage 5 fairies have an easy trick for fitting inside their familiars:  Place Youmu directly on top of the fairy's sprite (it has no collision hitbox, so it won't hurt you).  The bullets will all miss you, and the fairy will die before it can move anywhere.  The stage 4 fairies shoot aimed bullets and are mobile, which makes them a lot harder.  You need to have both Youmu and myon's shots hitting at the same time to kill them before their shots get to you, or else you're screwed.  For them it might be safer to just dodge at the bottom of the screen if you're not worried about time orbs and are playing for survival.

As for the stage portions, I can't really help with stage 4, since I suck at it even playing with my team of choice.  For stage 3 though, I have a strategy that I use with the Ghost team to get past the stage portion relatively painlessly.  It should work with Youmu, but just using myon in different positions as a replacement for Yuyuko's spread shot.  I'll see if I can make a decent replay later...