~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center
"Ordinary Black Magician Marisa"
<< < (6/6)
Vile Lasagna:
The truth is that Gensokyou is the only place I can think of that is even more BS than DBZ world (or maybe, close to that, I might be stretching just a little bit). It would be impossible to make something anywhere NEAR balanced when you get the power that people there have. And that's where Danmaku comes in. Some half-arsed excuse Zun made up so that he can make them as much BS as they want (Remi: Oh no, it's your fate to lose this battle. Yuyuko: Oh, you died, no save! LOL!  6:CAUTION! NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED!!! Yukari:...... ....... Suika: Pretty much invincible, actually).... and still have a playable game. Gensokyou has really cool characters and all but is inherently broken.
SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER:
I like to describe it as balance through brokenness in the fact that it's balanced since everyone is broken. :P
shadowbringer:

--- Quote from: VileLasagna on May 14, 2009, 04:40:29 PM ---The truth is that Gensokyou is the only place I can think of that is even more BS than DBZ world (or maybe, close to that, I might be stretching just a little bit). It would be impossible to make something anywhere NEAR balanced when you get the power that people there have. And that's where Danmaku comes in. Some half-arsed excuse Zun made up so that he can make them as much BS as they want (Remi: Oh no, it's your fate to lose this battle. Yuyuko: Oh, you died, no save! LOL!  6:CAUTION! NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED!!! Yukari:...... ....... Suika: Pretty much invincible, actually).... and still have a playable game. Gensokyou has really cool characters and all but is inherently broken.

--- End quote ---

the balance is the survival of the fittest; but, to avoid deaths on both the human and youkai sides, this spellcard system was made, in order to decide a winner without actually killing the loser (either by exorcising or devouring the defeated person), and to maintain the combat abilities of the two sides so that they wouldn't be easily overpowered by possible invaders from the outside (source: http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Memento:_Monologue )

Now, for being more BS than DBZ: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AbusingTheKardashevScaleForFunAndProfit
Maid Xan~:
I always assumed the "Ordinary" was meant to be ironic.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version