Author Topic: The Crawl Arena ~ wrathie's vampires  (Read 56166 times)

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Hizengar Byakuren:  100
WRATHIE: 70
Lenin: 140
Pes-co-mod: 0
Jan-san: 90
ebarrett: 51
Totaku: 100
shinyjam: 150
Blue Wolf: 150
Seven Orange Clouds: 70

RESULTS ARE IN

It's tax refund day for the non-criminal.  Fifty gold for everyone!

Round 13:  Troll won.  Unseen horror made the mistake of standing next to the Troll for more than a single turn.  Least to say, it died.  Troll was down to severely wounded though.

Round 14:  Silver Statue won due to summoning double smoke demons.  Smiting hurts like a bitch.

Round 15:  Dragon won this one.  Ah, nothing much to say about it.  Back and forth slap fight.

Next set of matches coming up.  Deadline for signing up for the tournament is 11:59 PM on Saturday EST.  Winning a round in the first tier gets you 100 gold.  You can also bet on tier matches.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:18:49 PM by Ramus »

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Round 16:
Sonja VS Boggart
Note:  Boggarts are those little bastards who poke up in the Vaults and summon shit tons of monsters.  Surprisingly though, they don't do it that fast to other enemy monsters.  Just you.  But still, that's a random summon every three turns, and that hurts.  Sonja is a blinking, ballerina FEMALE (gasp!  They exist?!) Kobold that moves fast and is armed with a blowgun and needles.  Poison and curare needles.  And they hurt.

Round 17:
Norris VS Boris
Note:  Both are end game uniques.  Probably brothers to boot.  Anyway, Norris is an evil surfer who has a variety of spells and a nice weapon granted always from the start.  Chances are, it's a randart.  He also wears nothing but pants because his skin is so tough it gives natural AC.  Boris, on the other hand, is the eviler twin and is a Lich.  He has a wider variety of spells, but sucks at melee.  Comes with a randart staff (that he never uses) and some fancy robes.  Utterly ignores cold and negative spells.

Round 18:  SPECIAL ROUND
Cerebov VS 50 Trapdoor Spiders
Note:  Trapdoor spiders are bastards that hide under the floor and jump out at you.  They're weak compared to Cerebov though.  But they hide.  A LOT.  Take a guess as to how many turns it takes for Cerebov to wreck their shit.  The range of the guess must be 20 at most.  So like 40 - 60 turns.  Or 230 - 250.  Getting this right gets you quadruple gold.

Jana

• mrgrgr
Hmm... 10 on Sonja and Norris.

For the Round 18 special, I'll bet 15 on 30-50 turns. Cerebov's AoE should be able to get more than one spider at once, depending on how they pop out.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
50 on Cerebov, takes him 312 turns to wrack them all.

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
all in on sonja.
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

ebarrett

All in on Sonja here as well.

Having been away from Crawl for a while = never seen the trapdoor spiders (or Sonja for that matter)...

edit: once I found Norris and Boris (plus Margery) in the same level... @swamp:2, I think. Didn't even know they could pop up that early. fun times. (that mummy wizard never made it out of the swamp, by the way)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:25:52 AM by ebarrett »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
20 on Norris, Chuck Noriris will prevail. I'll ask waifu if she wants to bet

and like, 5 on TRAPSPIDER WINNING
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:28:30 AM by WRATHIE_Beatrice »

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
20 on Cerebov taking 200 turns. Also 20 more on Sonja.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

Go on ahead without waifu, she's got exams and sitting out.

Ramus, mind giving an example of the Tournament?

Would help

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Okay, let's say you have 50 gold and you want to purchase a hound for your team.  Since the hound is listed to have 3HD, the cost is three times that amount.  So you'll have to spend 9 gold to buy the hound.  After that, you've got the creature on your team forever unless you resell.

Anyway, let's say your team consist of 3 hounds and 1 jelly.  You're up next  in the tournament against Dude #2.  He has his own team.  Both of your teams are put in the arena and we get to see who wins.  If your team is alive by the end, you move on in the brackets and get 100 gold.

As far as how the tournament is set up, it's bracket style death cage match.  Think Smash Bros. tournament mode.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

okay... i'll sign up.

default cash for us is 50 or what we accumulated?

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
ok time to place my bets....

50 on Sonja

(Mainly because knowing Sonja, she's remarkably agile for a unique. Boggrat doesn't have much of a chance is Sonja can get the first few moves out. The only way she'll fall is if the boggrat start getting summon happy, and that's somewhat rare at least in my book)

50 on (Chuck) Norris

He's tough as nails and even if the unique lich can get out some ubber powered demon or magic to aid him, Norris can usually dish out the pain way before it occurs.

Course there's also the bit where Boris touches you....<shudder>
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

shinyjam

I will Sign up too.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
It's accumulative gold.  Whatever you currently have, you can spend.

Hizengar Byakuren:  60
WRATHIE: 45
Lenin: 140
Pes-co-mod: 1
Jan-san: 55
ebarrett: 1
Totaku: 1
shinyjam: 100
Blue Wolf: 150
Seven Orange Clouds: 1

*Cough*

Round 16:
Boggart wins.  I actually thought Sonja would win, but no, despite sticking the guy full of poison needles, he managed to shake off the poison just before death and had summoned tons of monsters.  Sonja got outnumbered and out powered.

Round 17:
It may have been Boris VS Chuck Norris surfing, but no matter how much AC you have, the Crystal Spear spell IGNORES that.  Norris managed to get the Lich down to moderately wounded, but psh.  Norris never stood a chance.

Round 18:
67 turns.  Remember, Cerebov does have fire storm and if the spiders come up while the fire is still in the air, they get cooked.

Next set of rounds coming up.  Remember you've got until tonight at midnight to sign up for fame, glory, and gold.

ebarrett

##sigh
##beg

Also, Cerebov has fire storm? Is that new? I remember tickling him for quite a bunch of turns in a few Pan trips before giving up on stealing his sword and he never pulled that on me. I certainly would remember.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Also, Cerebov has fire storm? Is that new? I remember tickling him for quite a bunch of turns in a few Pan trips before giving up on stealing his sword and he never pulled that on me. I certainly would remember.

You got very lucky to have never seen firestorm.

ebarrett

You got very lucky to have never seen firestorm.

I mean I never saw Cerebov use it, I've even fried myself a couple of times with firestorm.  :V

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
##sigh
##beg

New to Crawl 0.5.1 and after.

Round 19:
Ufetubus VS Terence
Note:  So Terence is pretty much the WEAKEST unique around (Jessica can at least get those horrible wands that confuse you).  It's him versus the weakest demon in the game.  Ufetubi can move fast, attack multiple times, but their HP sucks as does their AC, and for that matter, attack power.  But so does Terence.  He gets armor at least.

Round 20:
Sun Demon VS Vampire
Note:  About as ironic as it sounds.  Vampire still have spammals and the sun demon still has fire spells.

Round 21: Orignal Rogue Round
Bat VS Kobold
Note:  Both begin to appear on the first level.  The bat moves twice as fast as most enemies, has low HP, and hits for 1d2.  The kobold, on the other hand, moves at normal speed, hits for 1d4, and has a lot more HP.  Take your pick.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Half Terence, half kobold

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
God.....WHHHYYYYY!!! And this round I could guess blinfolded...

##BEG
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

shinyjam

My Cerebov won, so I should had 200 gold now.

50 on Kobold~

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Erm, I believe you misunderstood. You had to guess the turns right or the gold would go for nothing.

EDIT:  You can make your guess anyway Totaku, you don't have to bet money on each guess.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:31:18 PM by Ramus Killjoy »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
30 on Ufetubus, 30 on the Kobold.

Senimiligone

• SNOWBALLED
  • Declined a challenge.
Everything on Kobold.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

oh lol.

I donate 10 gold to totaku

and 10 gold on Vampire.
C'mon Spammals!

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Re: The Crawl Arena ~ Time to buy for the Tournament
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »
Tournament List:
-wrathie
-ebarrett
-Hizengar Byakuren
-shinyjam

Well, it's past 11:59PM Saturday here.  I've got four people on the list.  When I update the arena today, that'll be the amount of gold you can spent on a team.  If you have less than 50 gold, you'll be automatically set back up to 50.  Remember that you have to spend the gold to buy monsters, so you can't both spend all your money and bet it all of it at the same time.

Depending on how fast you guys buy, I'm hoping to have the first match on Monday, but whenever.  Winning a first tier match gets you 100 gold, and winning finals gets you 250 gold.

Brackets:

Round 1:
Zengar VS shinyjam

Round 2:
wrathie VS eberrett

Link to page to buy monsters are on the first page, and remember the gold to HD conversion rate is 3:1.  So a rat costs 3 gold to buy since its HD is 1.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

Re: The Crawl Arena ~ Time to purchase your team for the tournament.
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »
1 Orange Statue @ 10 Hit dice =30 + 1 vampire @ 6 Hitdice = 18 =48

There you go!

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »
Oh right, all purchases are not final until your match begins.  So feel free to do some changing around if you think your team is no sufficient.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2009, 01:26:48 PM »
No gold, unless I win some money.

ebarrett

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »
Wouldn't it be better to PM the teams? Because this can end up like this:

-player 1 picks a team
-player 2 picks a counter-team
-player 1 picks a counter-counter-team
-player 2 picks a counter-counter-counter-team
(ad infinitum until whomever picks his team closer to the deadline wins)