~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

Original and fan-made Touhou music coming to iTunes/Google Play 10/14!

(1/7) > >>

N-Forza:
It was just announced on tonight's Touhou Station broadcast that starting on the same date as Fall Reitaisai, all of ZUN's albums (including the rare mini-album made after the Tohoku earthquake) along with a selection of popular Touhou music circles will be available to download WORLDWIDE from iTunes and Google Play!

They won't be available on the subscription streaming services, just by purchasing each album/song, but it's one of the last major steps in making Touhou works available to the greater public, domestic and international. And the selection is only going to get bigger over time.

The present selection can be seen here, although as of the time of this post, access is still spotty due to the server load: https://touhou-music.jp/

Drake:
this is actually monumental

Sedrife:
So on 2018, we got:

1. Touhou derivative games opened worldwide through "Steam"
2. Touhou derivative doujinshis opened worldwide through "Book Walker"
3. Touhou derivative music opened worldwide through "iTunes" and "Google Play"

I'd say, go wild, Touhou creators.  This is what we all have been waiting for.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.:
Would FELT and Diao ye zong be a participant? i'm thinking that FELT would be the most likely to become gateway for western audience to come to Touhou, nice music fine lyric all that. Diao ye zong for the 2nd stage of introduction.
Hopefully an exposure to circle such as Floating Cloud or Melodic Taste to more people could help most people opinion to music for the brighter.

Anyway, is this definitely going to be just alright though? thing is, i had this horrific imagination, lately i have been concerned if someday Touhou become more accepted worldwide, would it get abused?
Well it's not like Touhou don't have horrendous fan content already, but look, remember d3spac1t0? it was a worldwide boom even my 8 year old neighbour are watching the video clip like it's the coolest thing in the world.

Now imagine if some western commercial music company decided to exploit Touhou into the next d3spac1t0, and now you're listening to Faith is for Transient People with lyric of similar theme to d3spac1t0 with the video clip of women jiggling their almost bare ass like a hooker.
If that what it means to be world famous, i rather not.

I'm most probably just overthinking this. Something like that won't happen right?

Lebon14:
Canada is NOT one of the countries.

Japan (of course), Australia, New Zealand, France, Italia, (lots of Europe), United States...

But not Canada (or Iceland).

And then they still wonder why piracy is still a thing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version