Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258335 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2018, 03:27:50 PM »
I went ahead and just completely started a new game so I'm way behind again.

But uh, hey! I just beat Mokou again! You know, the plain one on floor 4. Not the new, hot heavenly one everyone else is eager to see. And I actually broke 2000 damage on her because Kasen's amazing! Ahaha. Yeeeah, guess that's nothing to the overflowing values of billions posted in here.

Ah well. So I'll be a little late to talking about the new content, oh well. I only felt it appropriate to play the game front to back now that it's fully complete, at last.
Those first floors look like from completely different universe now. I still remember those squirrels with 60 HP randomly 2-shotting my characters on 1st floor  :]
Spoiler:
Corridor Boss of 550F: https://imgur.com/a/kHax0bT Is it referencing something?
Speaking about HP,
Spoiler:
this Liquid Metal boss looks like has only 50 millions HP? Which is like nothing at such deep levels. Does he have extremely high resistances to everything (like those Liquid Metal Babbles in Dragon Quest series) or... we have another case of HP overflow here? :D

« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2018, 03:28:49 PM »
Waiting for the translation patch to be fully done before I get moving on LoT2, but a question regarding the first game:

Has anyone given a thought to updating the character build recommendations for LoT1?  The ones linked in the topic are 7 years old and I'm not sure if they reflect the community's expanded knowledge about all of the game's content anymore (and it's clear there's still plenty of debate about character value in general to be had with LoT1). 

I'm also somewhat interested in whether any of those recommendations change based on getting or not getting various optional recruits (one challenge run I've considered is recruiting only the characters required to complete the game).

« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2018, 04:13:29 PM »
Speaking about HP,
Spoiler:
this Liquid Metal boss looks like has only 50 millions HP? Which is like nothing at such deep levels. Does he have extremely high resistances to everything (like those Liquid Metal Babbles in Dragon Quest series) or... we have another case of HP overflow here? :D

Spoiler:
Since it's a Metal Slime type enemy, it does look like it's one of those low HP and high DEF/MND enemies. But it must have truly incredible DEF/MND and resistances to justify such low HP. Based on the library image it has 300+ affinity in every stat, I'd wager it's 500.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2018, 04:41:34 PM »
Spoiler:
Since it's a Metal Slime type enemy, it does look like it's one of those low HP and high DEF/MND enemies. But it must have truly incredible DEF/MND and resistances to justify such low HP. Based on the library image it has 300+ affinity in every stat, I'd wager it's 500.
If it's actually difficult, I'll just throw Winner on Rumia and it'll probably die in a few casts of Magical Tempest, heheh~ Great [VOI] Piercing Attack, go! Kaguya-Winner would work well, too, but I don't think she'll be a likely party member this far in the game. She's workable if you'd really like for eientei family as boosts fix her up and the affinity score is good, but after you get past basegame's wall of high def/mnd bosses, she's only worthwhile as a swap-in on the small handful of wall bosses.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2018, 04:58:26 PM »
I'll try Magical Tempest Iku when I get to it then, but I'm willing to bet it has 500 VOI resistance too. Debuffing its MND will probably be annoying, but Reisen can do it.
Spoiler:
Good god do I hope it doesn't have high EVA too, that's another traditional Metal Slime trait.

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »
Guys, anybody has any experience with Flandre as a standalone character (i.e. using her without other SDM members)? I was considering replacing Tokiko, since while Tokiko's stats are actually huge (her attack is actually higher than Nitori's right now), her skills are... not. Even with the WINNER subclass, I mostly use her for Youkai Yakuza Kick, Vorpal Sword and Sword of Light. My main worry is that, while Flandre's stats also look kinda damn high, when not using other SDM members she lacks any % stat boost, whereas Tokiko has +20% ATK/DEF and another +20% ATK/MAG. On the other hand, Starbow Break looks a lot stronger than Youkai Yakuza Kick, and I'd guess Vampiric Attack works also with subclass skills such as Sword of Light. Then again, Tokiko has some actual bulkiness, while Flandre only has good HP and awful defenses/affinities (which can only be partly ameliorated by equipment) ...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2018, 05:23:03 PM »
I'll try Magical Tempest Iku when I get to it then, but I'm willing to bet it has 500 VOI resistance too. Debuffing its MND will probably be annoying, but Reisen can do it.
Spoiler:
Good god do I hope it doesn't have high EVA too, that's another traditional Metal Slime trait.
Hmmm... if it self-buffs it's DEF/MND (I wouldn't be surprised!) then Maribel can trash it with Liberated Abilities and her buff-reversal passive without worrying about EVA. Iku is a good idea too, though.

If it doesn't have 500 VOI resist, yes. XD I'd hope that, at the least, it's VOI resistance isn't nearly as high as it's other resists; that'd be reasonable. EVA could be a thing... but swapping your main equip for a massive ACC bonus isn't that much of a problem.

Speaking of all this, I should go do a bunch of corridor. On 310f right now.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2018, 08:02:41 PM »

Spoiler:
Completed the Heavenly boss rushes, the first area doesn't give any interesting rewards, though behind the rock that requires you to defeat all 18 (in a previous post I miscounted and said there were 22) bosses there's a Machine God Lucifer. In the second area on the other hand, you can obtain a Will of Gensokyo if you defeat all the 38 bosses there, it gives 8 TP, 500% to all stats, 16 ACC/EVA, 32 to all ailment resistances, 2 HP recovery and 1 MP recovery.

EDIT: 
Spoiler:
Hmm, the Ame-no Murakumo fight (https://imgur.com/a/tAcTXO4) is though. If you inflict damage upon the sword itself, its arms will counterattack with an extremely powerful MT attack; one of the arms has high MND and low DEF and the other the opposite, killing them is not too hard. The problem is that once you kill either or both of the arms, the sword will use Second Coming of the Divine Sword to fully revive them, which would mean you only have the 1 turn where the arms are dead to damage the main body without being countered, but after that the sword still has that attack that drains your MP for a ridiculous heal and one of the arms can use Oracle of Sacred Mirror Dedication to heal the sword for 13m HP every few turns.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:46:05 PM by Libra »

« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2018, 08:43:08 PM »
Traversing depths of Infinite Corridor:

Spoiler:
Recently defeated bosses:
350F: Unicorn of Order - 1,437 Lv, 493,842,817 HP.
Item Drop: Iron's man Headband. Special post-fight drop: Jewel of Judgement.
360F: Reisen's Shadow - Abyss - 1472 Lv, 335,862,671 HP.
370F: Sanae's Shadow - Abyss - 1506 Lv, 348,562,391 HP.

That's over 300 floors in one day... And almost 300 more to go before I can see what's behind that one rock, that must be something totally special. Anyone already checked what is behind that? That is like real true super final area in the game.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 11:26:57 PM by Rinnie »

« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2018, 02:37:52 AM »

But uh, hey! I just beat Mokou again! You know, the plain one on floor 4. Not the new, hot heavenly one everyone else is eager to see. And I actually broke 2000 damage on her because Kasen's amazing! Ahaha. Yeeeah, guess that's nothing to the overflowing values of billions posted in here.

Ah well. So I'll be a little late to talking about the new content, oh well. I only felt it appropriate to play the game front to back now that it's fully complete, at last.

Are you noticing any untranslated text? I just defeated the maingame final boss again and about 90% of the text was untranslated. I'm not sure if it actually changed or if something broke when I ported the translation files over.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2018, 02:49:36 AM »
Final boss dialogue was significantly untranslated since plus disk's release, although I don't recall it being THAT much of it...

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2018, 02:55:05 AM »
Spoiler:
Anyone already checked what is behind that? That is like real true super final area in the game.

Spoiler:
The final boss awaits: https://imgur.com/lnS8Z74 :o Back to grinding for me.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:03:06 AM by IRUN »
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2018, 02:59:20 AM »
Final boss dialogue was significantly untranslated since plus disk's release, although I don't recall it being THAT much of it...

hmm. I swear I fought him on an earlier (plus) patch and it was there. But maybe not.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2018, 03:16:22 AM »
Spoiler:
The final boss awaits: https://imgur.com/lnS8Z74 :o Back to grinding for me.
...that hp count is only as much as King has though :S that's strange

makes me wonder how misleading it's lv is, it looks like there's an extra digit lolol

even then though, have fun with that grind!!

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2018, 03:34:46 AM »
...that hp count is only as much as King has though :S that's strange

makes me wonder how misleading it's lv is, it looks like there's an extra digit lolol
Spoiler:
Let's just say that he has quite the number of phases.

« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2018, 03:53:40 AM »
Spoiler:
The final boss awaits: https://imgur.com/lnS8Z74 :o
What.

Yeah I thiiink I'll pass,
Spoiler:
unless it's different from the original or something.
Was hoping for an Orochi fight somewhere, looks like there isn't one. Pity, dude was shafted.

By the way, were there special BGMs for
Spoiler:
Living God Murakumo and Full Power Ryujin-sama, or same as 20f final boss?

« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2018, 03:55:13 AM »
Just lost against the
Spoiler:
Metal Slime, it does indeed have very high DEF, MND and EVA, what a pain. It also has a few strong FIR and SPI MT attacks, but they aren't too bad.

« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2018, 04:08:40 AM »
Spoiler:
Can you check if that freak resists VOI or has high DEF/MND debuff resistance?

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2018, 04:32:23 AM »
Spoiler:
Can you check if that freak resists VOI or has high DEF/MND debuff resistance?
Spoiler:
Yep, it does resist VOI. Its debuff resistances are all pretty high (Hina can only succesfully debuff him with Biorhytm about 1 out of 3 times; meanwhile Mokou lands them pretty consistently with White Curse thanks to Sheer Force, without taking into account the times she misses). Its also really fast (though I am level 1900).

-Specifics: Iku has a base of 4513461 MAG, she had an 80% MAG buff, the slime had an 48% MND debuff (doubled to 96% due to Iku's passive), she used Magical Tempest lv5 and dealt 5899887 damage. (I didn't have a Strategist nor Boost effects so there should be no more modifiers there).

Oh I also noticed that while it has quite a bit of attacks, it always follows a strict pattern, using them in the same exact order every time, so it's very predictable. After a few turns, it'll deplete its timebar saying something along the lines of wanting to run away (probably a reference to the metal slime enemies who always run away when encountered), but then on its next turn it says something about steeling its resolve to fight, which buffs all of his stats at no delay, and follows with 3 consecutive uses of Godly Wave, a VOI MT attack (I currently have no idea how to survive this); it'll do this whole thing again after a few more turns have passed, except then it'll follow its self buff with World Devouring Calamity, then an attack I haven't seen before (not sure of its effects) and finally Power of Truth, haven't been able to make it any farther than that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:48:47 AM by Libra »

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2018, 05:48:00 AM »
Yeah I thiiink I'll pass,
Spoiler:
unless it's different from the original or something.
Was hoping for an Orochi fight somewhere, looks like there isn't one. Pity, dude was shafted.

By the way, were there special BGMs for
Spoiler:
Living God Murakumo and Full Power Ryujin-sama, or same as 20f final boss?
Spoiler:
It's different to what I remember of the 28F fight. No, the BGMs used for both fights is the same one used for the standard Murakumo fight.

Somewhat disappointed that there wasn?t any boss fights in B11F.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 06:00:10 AM by IRUN »

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2018, 06:30:39 AM »
By the way, has anyone tried a Sealing Club only run?

« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2018, 07:07:28 AM »
Spoiler:
Yep, it does resist VOI. Its debuff resistances are all pretty high (Hina can only succesfully debuff him with Biorhytm about 1 out of 3 times; meanwhile Mokou lands them pretty consistently with White Curse thanks to Sheer Force, without taking into account the times she misses). Its also really fast (though I am level 1900).

-Specifics: Iku has a base of 4513461 MAG, she had an 80% MAG buff, the slime had an 48% MND debuff (doubled to 96% due to Iku's passive), she used Magical Tempest lv5 and dealt 5899887 damage. (I didn't have a Strategist nor Boost effects so there should be no more modifiers there).
Spoiler:
Ran a quick damage calculation on that, yep, 500 affinity scores. Still, 10% of its HP with just an 80% MAG buff is not bad. If you pile on the damage bonuses you could theoretically 4-shot w/ Murakumo backed Elekiter Dragon Palace and -50% MND debuffs, but that EVA...I wonder if Super Drill, HVY, and -50% DEF will be enough to let Tenshi dent it with Sword of Hisou. I'll be trying that out. It should be possible to beat it with 3-5 hits like that if I'm right, depending on how much DEF/MND it has after that.

Spoiler:
It's different to what I remember of the 28F fight. No, the BGMs used for both fights is the same one used for the standard Murakumo fight.
Spoiler:
Isn't there a lower leveled Full Power Ryujin-sama on 30f? Rinnie said there was a Lv 2400 one with 4 forms. I'm wondering if that one is any different from the Lv 12800 one.

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2018, 07:36:12 AM »
Spoiler:
Isn't there a lower leveled Full Power Ryujin-sama on 30f? Rinnie said there was a Lv 2400 one with 4 forms. I'm wondering if that one is any different from the Lv 12800 one.
Spoiler:
??? There should only be one Full Power Ryujin-sama. The thing Rinnie mentioned might be the error in the bestiary, where his level is recorded as 2400 instead of 12800.https://imgur.com/a/xUnQ15W

« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2018, 08:18:05 AM »
Spoiler:
Huh, that's a little confusing. Is that not what's behind the rock that requires 640+ Corridor then? Rinne didn't do that and was able to fight Full Power Ryujin-sama.

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2018, 09:39:04 AM »
Spoiler:
Huh, that's a little confusing. Is that not what's behind the rock that requires 640+ Corridor then? Rinne didn't do that and was able to fight Full Power Ryujin-sama.

Spoiler:
Wait, I think I know what's going on. There is a series of teleport passageways behind the rock that brings you to a switch https://imgur.com/HXSzFo1. If you activate it, you get to fight the 'Enhanced' Ryujin-sama. If you flip the switch again, or don't the first time, you fight regular LV2400 Ryujin. The higher level version is not recorded in the bestiary.

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2018, 10:28:29 AM »
Spoiler:
Upon further testing, it seems that the pillar of light also enhances the difficulty of the 29F bosses, with Demi-fiend/King of Reason being pushed up to LV5600 Might as well post the text: https://imgur.com/iSA1gIU and https://imgur.com/8fXP13j

« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2018, 12:17:42 PM »

Hey, good to see I'm not the only one starting back up again! I'm actually at the same point you are... but my computer froze before I could save and fight Mokou, so I gotta redo some progress. Oh well. But yeah, Kasen has been murdering bosses for me. What an earlygame monster.

« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2018, 12:18:55 PM »
Just defeated Boss of 560F
Spoiler:
(Shou's Shadow - Abyss - Lv. 2162)
It also feels that there are more floors with narrow passages than with wide halls at 250+ depth.

After passing through so many floors, I kind of wish there were more floors like that: https://i.imgur.com/d4zQtlZ.png  :]

80 more floors to go through before I can see that lever described by IRUN :)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2018, 12:47:52 PM »
Team 9's still got a decent amount of B11F left to clear at this point, and still has yet to do King, so that's a thing. Though at this point I kinda want to try other teams, but not have to replay the whole maingame/original postgame, which fortunately I managed to find an old backup of my Team 9 save when they had the original postgame more or less done and nothing done in Plus Disk, so I'll probably just experiment using that file instead of losing motivation in the main game.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2018, 12:59:16 PM »
Spoiler:
Wait, I think I know what's going on. There is a series of teleport passageways behind the rock that brings you to a switch https://imgur.com/HXSzFo1. If you activate it, you get to fight the 'Enhanced' Ryujin-sama. If you flip the switch again, or don't the first time, you fight regular LV2400 Ryujin. The higher level version is not recorded in the bestiary.
I knew something about the level was off. I guess that explains how you get additional copies of the item, and based on the next post, apparently a few others as well.
Spoiler:
I wonder if these scale higher if you defeat them again, or if you can just gain infinite copies of their item once your level is that obscenely high. I figure it's probably the latter, but that's fair enough... huh, if these fights aren't broken though, I guess Winner's overflows are just weird bugs? If you can have a lv10k+ fight then lv2400 winner should function fine!

That's neat because it provides a more tangible goal for those who want to massively overplay the game utilizing the infinite corridor. At first I thought it sounded like a big pain to go through so many IC opening events plunging that deep, but I realized that after you're done gathering most kinds of items (other than special boss drops and additional awakening items) there's very little reason to open rank 1~2 or possibly even rank 3 chests, so you don't need to deal with as much tedium from the item-opening cutscene and flashes. Even the 4~5 chests would mostly be for the chance of 20 infinity gems, and you generally don't even see one of those per floor. I also wouldn't need to worry about getting 40~50 floor chains once I have enough tokugawa statues... yeah, it all gets easier.

As for my current progress, completed B11f and the right-side quadrant of endgame 30f.
Spoiler:
Ooomph, so many heavenly bosses in the next one!
Gems sure do rain down like candy grinding in the depths of b11f though. It actually makes it look completely reasonable and realistic to max the entire party's gems once you're overleveled enough to speedgrind, esp. with Rinno in front and nazrin in back for drop boost. Jewels though... oomph. Enough to get the all more important ones done, at least.

Edit:I used tomes to compare Reisen to Miko, after considering that even the likes of Miko is best off with a quartz charm now... and if I really do come up to lv3000+... well. The problem is most of her current stat pool comes from equipment (taking off ONE piece of gear HALVES her max hp! and it's not a first aid kit!), and the amount of stats off equipment will scale down significantly over time with levels and library. Unlike Nitori, who has a massive stat headstart and others catch up, Miko is mostly on-par with others, just better affinities, and then will fall behind later instead of falling back to normal levels. A Reisen tweaked as heavily as her is already about as good with better status support at only lv~1700, and I can peek at later scaling by removing all gear but their tokugawa statues, at which point Reisen blows her utterly out of the water- even accounting for moderate equipment boosts and her passive benefits there's no way Miko will keep up. Miko does still boast higher affinity potential and a dual-element debuff and support heal (which currently fullheals any non-tank- not bad) but I guess I just don't want to reach lv3000 and THEN swap characters so then Reisen's ends up with a 10% exp deficiency mega late in the game. Miko is excellent if you're just planning on getting to corridor 640, beating True Final Boss, and stopping, though.

Unfortunate that Kaguya isn't a more worthwhile full-time party member, though. Full family bonus would be nice. Already using Eirin. In mega endgame her delays eventually aren't a problem and Eirin can overheal her, so it's workable, but there's not much reason to when you aren't fighting the def/mnd monoliths.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 02:39:59 PM by Serela »