Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 165126 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #960 on: July 16, 2018, 05:43:52 AM »
Yeah they're nice when the enemy resists stat debuffs. Status effects are generally very powerful when they land.
Now that I check, there is some conflicting information between the English and Jp wikis. English wiki says silence is -12% mag debuff while jp says it's -20%. Jp wiki doesn't say anything about stat decrease from poison and it says terror is -8% instead of 5% like the English one. Seems difficult to check and the difference probably isn't enough to matter.

« Reply #961 on: July 16, 2018, 09:56:20 AM »
I second the "youmu is really bad until late post game". In my new save featuring team9, scarlets except flan and yuyuko, she's not been pulling her weight until the awakening and that's like 80% the game. All points into atk and even with a bit more library levels than her peers in effort to try to make her work, she just doesn't work. Her damage cannot pierce through the harder early game bosses (mirror, tenshi, magatama etc.) and still dies in one or two hits since all points have to go into atk just to barely go through the defense. She's basically a dead slot, unless I make her a support character subbing toxicologist for heavy, which my team lacks. But pretty sure there are so many characters that are better for that.

Post-awakening, her awakening is good enough to put her on par with most characters. But there are so many good PHY attackers in this game that requires no awakening and is useful from the beginning till the very end (yuugi with her heavy and powerful PHY card and PHY buffing skill, nitori cuz nitori, meiling cuz meiling, yukari with her team and superb support skills to go along with it). It's sad when the only blademaster in gensoukyo (not unless you count tenshi a blademaster, but tenshi doesn't use only her blade for her attacks) can't even beat body users(meiling, yuugi). All those training hasn't been paying off, and she's mocked even in the story. Reimu and Marisa only see her as a vine cutter. With that kind of damage before awakening, I can see why. Trained all her life with a sword that's supposed to cut through anything, just to deal 0 damage with huge delay and uses up all her mp, without any way to support her peers.
Shame that slash of eternity has a really cool effect. :(

Well, in the first game, Youmu she was far and away one of the best attackers in the game, period (only Nitori and Suwako clearly surpassed her, and Suwako was way too frail for fights like WINNER anyway). I suppose this is her "punishment"^^ Then again, some other chars like the aforementioned Nitori and Suwako were not punished this harshly, it seems only Youmu and Yuyuko (who, again, was the strongest magical user in the original game but now... isn't) got the short end of the stick :-/

« Reply #962 on: July 17, 2018, 04:03:37 AM »
Hmm, from the wording of the tweet it sounds like it might be better to report bug fixes before the update rolls out so that they can have more of a break.

Following up on this, I think this is everything mentioned so far that seems important to bring up before the final update.

-The adjustment to Aya's spell card "Divine Grandson's Advent" didn't take place.
-Tenshi's Awakening skill "Keypoints of Spirit" accumulates counters when Tenshi attacks enemies with elements they resist.
-Tenshi's "Keypoints of Spirit" counter is reduced by 1 when she is switched to the backline.
-The game crashes when switching a character with the skill "Instant Attack" from the backline into an empty character slot in the frontline.
-When the skill "Instant Attack" reduces TP to 0, a visual glitch occurs and distorts the 0.
-Byakuren's Awakening skill "Blood of Superhuman" does not fully restore her HP if healed by a % based healing spell card.
-If a character is defeated in battle, their MP spent in battle is restored after battle.
-A UI glitch occurs when characters survive the DTH status with skills such as "Guts" that causes the DTH icon to remain.
-Murakumo Blessing's subclass skill "Three Swords of Divine Era" increases the power of the Attack command when it specifies spell cards.
-Dragon God Power's subclass skill "Divine Protection of Water" removes debuffs when the description specifies abnormal status conditions.
-The SIL effect of Kokoro's spell card "Four Humors Possession" while under the effect of the Pathos mask is abnormally low.
-Rinnosuke's Awakening spell card "Precise Experience" removes enemy debuffs.
-"Chireiden Party" increases by an additional level if "Proof of Kinship" is learned.
-Akyuu's spell cards "Protecting Art of Wisdom" and "Guarding Art of Wisdom" do not benefit from increasing skill level.
-Yukari's spell card "Mesh of Light and Darkness" appears to have an abnormally high SPD debuff effect.
-Meiling's "Chinese Girl's Qigong" counter does not decrease when attacking.
-Elementalist's subclass spells are described as VOI element, but are each FIR, CLD, WND, and NTR element respectively.
-Kanako's spell card "Beautiful Spring like Suiga" does not properly demonstrate its ATK/MAG debuff effect.
-Yuyuko's spell card "Ghastly Dream" improperly demonstrates its ATB reduction effect. Instead of reducing the ATB of all of the affected enemies, the effect is applied to the target enemy repeatedly.
-Byakuren's spell card "Skanda's Legs" does not receive an increased SPD buff effect when defeating an enemy with it.
-If possible, please reduce the number of bright flashes from interacting with events in the Infinite Corridor.

If there's anything else that should be added, please bring it up! I'd like to focus on bug fixes and potential oversights, important things like that. Balance is important, but not as much, and I think it would be better to see how 3peso feels about balancing the game after they've released the next update. I think it would be bad to ask too much of them right now. Some relevant things like Shadow Kokoro's missing sprite and Koishi missing Proof of Kinship was brought up in my previous e-mail to them so I'm not going to bring them up again. I'll try to have an e-mail written up within the following 2 days.

« Reply #963 on: July 17, 2018, 05:07:26 AM »
-The game crashes when switching a character with the skill "Instant Attack" from the backline into an empty character slot in the frontline.
Specifically it crashes when you select an empty front line slot first and then an instant attack character.

« Reply #964 on: July 17, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »
A bug that has been in the game for a while but never got fixed is the fact that the "Consecutive Battles" bonus doesn't get reset if you go to "Options" and then select "Back to Title".

« Reply #965 on: July 17, 2018, 05:00:49 PM »
A bug that has been in the game for a while but never got fixed is the fact that the "Consecutive Battles" bonus doesn't get reset if you go to "Options" and then select "Back to Title".

For this matter, do the conseccutive battle bonuses/passive bonus items even work? I have noticed when fighting enemies that give a nice, rounded number of EXP/Money that it's always the SAME rounded EXP/Money. I suspect none of it works, and the only way to actually increase the payout from fighting are active moves like Nazrin/Shou's stuff.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #966 on: July 17, 2018, 08:25:50 PM »
I imagine the bonus just applies after; it would be ridiculous if the entire system had been totally nonfunctional since the beginning, after so long.

Also, Nazrin/Shou/Rinnosuke etc just add onto the bonus number you see on the end screen, afaik. Since that number decreases if I remove them from the front lines. It's more or less a jump start for your consecutive bonus.

edit:oh wait you mean their moves with kill bonuses. yes that is different  :getdown:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:29:01 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #967 on: July 18, 2018, 07:44:32 AM »
OK I got everything I posted written up, added the details I accidentally omitted about Instant Attack's game crashing bug, and added the consecutive battle carryover bug Libra mentioned. I omitted mentioning DGP's Divine Protection of Water omitting debuffs because I think it's just a minor misunderstanding of the text, as some other skills also refer to both status abnormalities and debuffs as status abnormalities, like Akyuu's skill Memories of Gensokyo (in her case, they're specified as negative status abnormalities). I also reread Tenshi's Keypoints of Spirit skill description and realized that it's supposed to go down by 1 when she switches into the back. Somehow I didn't notice that, and the EN wiki's description missed that part too. But its effect is still bugged in that if Tenshi is switched from one frontline slot to another, the counter still goes down by 1. So I mentioned that instead.

I'll send the e-mail in the next 20 or so hours, adding anything else that might be mentioned.

--

On the topic of the passive EXP/money thing, the effects are properly applied, but the game only shows your base rewards in the rewards screen. Checking your EXP/money after battle confirms the effects are working as intended.

« Reply #968 on: July 18, 2018, 12:53:59 PM »
Apparently, Youmu and Yuyuko's post-awakening synergy skill "Hakugyoukurou's Master and Servant" is not working as intended. Not sure if the text is intended to be invisible while the stats are still applied.

Also did a further testing, this bug same applies with Komachi and Eiki's post-awakening synergy skill "Enma and Shinigami".

« Reply #969 on: July 18, 2018, 01:36:26 PM »
I also wanted to specify that Proof of Kinship works properly with the Earth Spirits Palace Party when the characters are in the back (so if Satori/Utsuho/Rin is in the front and the other 3 members are in the back, they get a level 3 counter), but increases by one more level that it should per member in the front (if you have all the members in the frontline, they will get a level 9 counter instead of a level 6 counter).

On a different note, I noticed that Proof of Kinship has no effect if the character hasn't maxed the appropiate "family" skill, probably because at level 1 the latter gives 1 counter per member and Proof of Kinship rounds 0.5 down to 0. Probably working as intended.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 01:42:42 PM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #970 on: July 18, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »
I think the clearest way to word it is: With [Earth Spirits family], Proof of Kinship erroneously activates for family members in the front line, in addition to the back.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #971 on: July 18, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »
Ah, I omitted it in my description of the bug here, but I did mention that it's specifically for frontline characters in the e-mail draft. The wording I used was basically "Characters that acquire both 'Chireiden Party' and 'Proof of Kinship' are abnormally strengthened by vanguard Chireiden members". Since my Japanese is bad I wasn't sure how to be more specific about how exactly it affects them, but I think that conveys what the bug is and what it does.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #972 on: July 19, 2018, 02:27:15 AM »
Ah, I omitted it in my description of the bug here, but I did mention that it's specifically for frontline characters in the e-mail draft. The wording I used was basically "Characters that acquire both 'Chireiden Party' and 'Proof of Kinship' are abnormally strengthened by vanguard Chireiden members". Since my Japanese is bad I wasn't sure how to be more specific about how exactly it affects them, but I think that conveys what the bug is and what it does.

Send me a copy and I'll give it a lookover for you.

« Reply #973 on: July 20, 2018, 06:01:33 AM »
Stupid question, but I'm playing this for the first time and loving it and just wanted to check to see if my understanding on how much content the plus disk added is correct. The wiki shows it adds 20 floors in total, is this correct? That seems like an absolutely absurd amount of content to be added, especially considering how long the main game seems to be, and if the floors continue increasing in size and complexity as they have in the main game.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #974 on: July 20, 2018, 11:50:00 AM »
Sorry to interrupt everyone, but we are close to 1000 posts here, so...

Here is the link to the next one. I'll see you all there.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #975 on: July 20, 2018, 03:48:26 PM »
Sorry, please delete this post :) I just noticed the new 18th thread. Sorry for the lack of reading comprehension :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 03:51:47 PM by Rinnie »