~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

Miscellaneous Questions 7 - To Misc or not to Misc

<< < (50/52) > >>

Drake:
Maidens of the Kaleidoscope is the name Katchura gave to the original site, which was initially just a basic fansite. I assume "kaleidoscope" just refers to the colorful danmaku.

the old guy:

--- Quote from: gilde on October 10, 2018, 02:44:33 AM ---PMiSS to the rescuuuue

They're Magic Shrooms (TM) and idk if she actually eats them ever, she mostly turns 'em into soupcakes and then does science to them. boring, down-to-earth science, like "what happens if i get this wet, what happens if i burn it" kinda stuff

--- End quote ---

Sorry for late reply, but I feel really stupid for not just looking it up in PMISS!

That actually makes a lot of sense, Marisa is just a huge nerd about Mushrooms. Just like she is with the Stars, and Magic in general.

While I'm here, might as well ask 2 translation related questions:

1. Whenever Sakuya calls herself an "Atheist", what word is actually being used in Japanese? There has always been mass confusion over why Sakuya considers herself one when Gods clearly exist in Touhou. I've always wondered if the term in Japanese is actually some vague term that could also be translated as "Anti-theist" or something like that.

2. A long time ago, ZUN sent an e-mail to a fan detailing some info about Youki's backstory to a fan, You can read it here. The thing I wonder, however, is what exactly is the fan site it was published on for? If you press the little link on the bottom, it sents you to an area, which if google translate isn't lying to me, seems to be for fan fiction and fan music? Am I correct? All I can say if that is the case, is that I really, really wish I could read it. (Google Translate garbles it too much to be enjoyable)

Drake:
1) She says 無神論者 which is pretty much literally "atheist". If we're talking specifically about the bit in WaHH 35, it's that Reimu says 神隠し which is both the word for spiriting away (which she means) and more literally "god hiding", hence why Reimu says she doesn't mean Amaterasu secluding herself in a cave, but that doesn't come across the best in the translation. Sakuya is just making a joke here. And the other instance where she says she doesn't believe in gods, in IaMP, she's also just making a joke at Reimu's expense after she repeatedly asked her for donations (i.e. "I don't believe in gods, so I have no reason to make an offering"). I think taking her seriously in these cases as though she literally wouldn't believe gods exist despite living in Gensokyo is a tad silly; at most you could possibly take it to mean that she doesn't have faith in gods, which is a much more tangible concept.

2) It really is just some dude's fansite, there are short fics and silly AA art and made up song lyrics. By the sounds of it they were probably pretty young.

CyberAngel:
She probably calls herself an "atheist" in a sense that she doesn't bother to follow any religious teachings and wouldn't ask any gods for any kind of help.

KaiserKnuckle:
Need help finding the name of an English fangame that's been on the tip of my tongue for a while.

The scant few details I remember are;

-The game was meant to debut at a convention. I forgot if it was AWA or Anime Boston.

-Utsuho was a focus character in the game. She wore denim overalls.

-Nitori was also there.

-PC98 characters also had a focus, as I know Rikako was there as well.

Thanks for any help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version