~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center
Characters, music, personalities.
<< < (89/90) > >>
the old guy:
Does anyone actually know what happen to Fightest, he(?) seemed to have just dropped from the face of the earth one day and never came back.
R.P.:

--- Quote from: the old guy on August 22, 2016, 11:39:35 PM ---Does anyone actually know what happen to Fightest, he(?) seemed to have just dropped from the face of the earth one day and never came back.

--- End quote ---
Just checked his Profile, he wrote last time in 2014 but apparently he come back sometimes since the last time he was active was in april 2016 

Maybe we should send him a Pm ?
Alfred F. Jones:

--- Quote from: the old guy on August 22, 2016, 11:39:35 PM ---Does anyone actually know what happen to Fightest, he(?) seemed to have just dropped from the face of the earth one day and never came back.

--- End quote ---
I don't remember if he said he's specifically busy with something (I want to say university?), but also, it's life, as viewed from the internet. These things happen.
Josh29:

--- Quote from: Fightest on September 23, 2009, 12:50:55 PM ---No, although not for lack of trying, mostly because I can never find decent piano arranges of the themes I like, and I don't have an ear for improvisation, so I needs me my sheet music. I did find playable sheet music for Septette recently, though, so if there's demand...

In other news, time to move on properly onto Mountain of Faith! As I mentioned before, I love the music here. It is also the last of "classic" ZUN before he goes all creative in SA and UFO.

Minoriko Aki ? Because the Princess Inada is Scolding Me

Unusual for a first boss theme, there is an immense amount of power emanating from the piece due to instrumentation, and its unrelenting tempo. Additionally, it has a touch of aloofness and, perhaps, cruelty, due to certain sound qualities, which I?ll get into later.

The introduction?s strength comes from loud, separated piano chords, each accented by the strong beats of a time signature with many strong beats ? 2/4 (C with a line down the middle for those who know what I?m talking about). The supporting acoustic guitar is an interesting touch, as the guitar is most commonly heard in Spanish and Latinoamerican dance music. The dance of these cultures (the Cha-Cha-Cha, the Tango etc.) is extremely harsh and precise, yet intimate and sensual. In fact, the introduction has a few unmistakable features from the Tango, giving me a previously unconsidered image of Minoriko ? a graceful, proud and powerful dancer, a harsh mistress that rewards loyalty with a dedicated affection. Castanets are optional, but absolutely appropriate.

That said, the single melodic part of the piece maintains the same rhythm as the introduction, swapping the piano for trumpet, keeping the guitar intact. To me, this is just the continuation of the dance that was started in the introduction. The biggest change is the switch from 2/4 to 4/4 time, allowing for fewer stronger beats to allow for a flowing melody, 8 bars long with a fair share of cadences and key transitions for a comparably short melody. These cadences demonstrate the emotion flowing off Minoriko - she is also of the type to show what she feels, when she feels it, very clearly. This show of emotion, however, is strongly embedded into that furious dance of hers, making it almost a part of her very self, making Minoriko as she is described here something indivisible, something elemental. I believe this is appropriate, considering the animistic nature of Shinto gods.

More than just a goddess of autumn harvest, Minoriko is the goddess of reaping what you sow, of reward for loyalty and punishment for lack thereof, a goddess of clear consequences to deeds done. She is impartial in her judgment, and may seem cold and distant for this, especially so if one incurs her karmic wrath, but she is just as capable of blazing passion should one be in her favour. Truly, there's no middle ground to her.

She should also wear a stunning tango dress, in autumn colours.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Ironic that you mention her as a dancer, considering her art shows her with two left feet.
GenericArrangements:
To be honest I have a few problems with that BPIiSM interpretation, but I did laugh at your joke (I found the two left feet thing funnier than I should've). That might've just been ZUN producing fantastic artwork as usual, although it does seems a bit too odd. That's something hard to screw up, so it might as well have been intentional. Touhou Wiki seems to think it's intentional, but only "supposed"ly.
maybe this has been confirmed and i'm just not informed enough
maybe this needs to be asked elsewhere

Also the person responsible for these analyses hasn't been active for quite a while so probably don't expect a response from them either.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version