Author Topic: A Quest of Fire and Ice  (Read 30533 times)

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: A Quest of Fire and Ice
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2016, 10:07:18 PM »
> Follow.

Yuki:

> "Can we know your name, by the way?"

Mai:

> "You can't ask for someone's name if you didn't say yours."

Yuki:

> SIgh.
> "Yuki."
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2016, 10:14:00 PM »
> Follow.

Yuki:

> "Can we know your name, by the way?"

Mai:

> "You can't ask for someone's name if you didn't say yours."

Yuki:

> SIgh.
> "Yuki."

> The projection remains quiet.

> "Are you both Yuki; or are you going to give your name as well?" the projection says. "It's customary that the visitor introduces themselves first."

> You fly past the Temple. The projection starts to descend slightly as the city thins out somewhat; the buildings becoming slightly more sparse.

> "I would also advise against touching anything when we land. I collect various objects and artefacts. I wouldn't want you getting warped into Gensokyo or god knows where else."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2016, 10:21:17 PM »
Mai:

> "Me? Yuki? Oh, please no. Never. I'm Mai."

Yuki:

> "Don't make me hurt you, pal."

Mai:

> Ignore her and look at the projection.
> "You know about Gensokyo?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2016, 10:44:47 PM »
Mai:

> "Me? Yuki? Oh, please no. Never. I'm Mai."

Yuki:

> "Don't make me hurt you, pal."

Mai:

> Ignore her and look at the projection.
> "You know about Gensokyo?"

> "Yuki and Mai eh? Strange names." the projection says. "I'm guessing they are your family names. We're certainly not on first name basis after all. I'm Usami."

> The apparition stops flying when you ask about Gensokyo; and turns around.

> "Well yeah, why would I have mentioned Gensokyo if I didn't know about it? Why are you so interested anyway?"

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2017, 03:01:08 AM »
>"Everyone knows about Gensokyo."

>"Not everyone.  Cmon."

>"Name one person who doesn't know about Gensokyo?"
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2017, 05:34:20 AM »
Mai:

> "A person who doesn't even know about magic. In other words, probably most of the people in this world. Now keep your mouth shut and move."

Yuki:

> "Ngh..."

Mai:

> "I'm just asking."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2017, 11:14:30 PM »
>"Everyone knows about Gensokyo."

>"Not everyone.  Cmon."

>"Name one person who doesn't know about Gensokyo?"

> Usemi looks like she is about to respond...

Mai:

> "A person who doesn't even know about magic. In other words, probably most of the people in this world. Now keep your mouth shut and move."

Yuki:

> "Ngh..."

Mai:

> "I'm just asking."

> "Gensokyo is a secret to about 99.9% of the people in this world. You come from another dimension and you just happen to know about Gensokyo and react in the way you do about my mention of it. It's curious."

> At this point; the Projection sharply lowers and dives through a wall; before a few moments later; the door of a house opens; and a figure steps out.

Usami Sumireko - Bastion of Outside Magic

> In person; you can immediaqtely identify two things:

> She is not a magician like you two despite her high level of magical power

> She is even stronger in person than as a projection.

> "Come inside. Before someone sees two mysterious girls flying in my backyard." she says.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:17:04 PM by Raikaria »

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2017, 01:07:15 AM »
> Yuki: "We're not from there, if that's what you're worried about." Enter quickly.
> Mai: Land first, then enter more casually.
> Both: Even if she's not a magician by race, her clothes are full of runes and she was just making astral projections.  She might be like that witch from the invasion...stay wary.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2017, 05:51:29 AM »
Yuki:

> Look around.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2017, 06:12:25 PM »
> Yuki: "We're not from there, if that's what you're worried about." Enter quickly.
> Mai: Land first, then enter more casually.
> Both: Even if she's not a magician by race, her clothes are full of runes and she was just making astral projections.  She might be like that witch from the invasion...stay wary.

> "That much is obvious." the girl says; as she walks through the hallway; removing her shoes before she enters the next room.

Yuki:

> Look around.

> You are currently in a standard hallway. In the next room; where Usami has taken a seat on a fancy chair on one side of a table, seems to site the girl and her elaborate getup. You see various ornate and occult items. Some familiar magical items; some with familiar runes; others not so.

> Various cards float around the room. They bear symbols which have no significance to you.

> The table is plain and round; with a strange orb upon it. Usemi motions for you to sit down, and two chairs move into position opposite her.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2017, 09:29:36 PM »
Yuki:

> Just sit down.

Mai:

> Nod and sit down with manners.

Yuki:

> "Sooo... This is your home?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2017, 09:55:21 PM »
Yuki:

> Just sit down.

Mai:

> Nod and sit down with manners.

Yuki:

> "Sooo... This is your home?"

> "Yes. Well. Kinda. It's where I live while I'm away from home to study right now."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2017, 09:59:06 PM »
Yuki:

> "Huh... I expect your home being, like, a palace, right? I mean... if this is your world, then what one can expect?"

Mai:

> "That's a childlike thought."

Yuki:

> "But it's truth! Just look at where Lady Shinki lives!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2017, 10:10:54 PM »
Yuki:

> "Huh... I expect your home being, like, a palace, right? I mean... if this is your world, then what one can expect?"

Mai:

> "That's a childlike thought."

Yuki:

> "But it's truth! Just look at where Lady Shinki lives!"

> The girl looks confused.

> "My world? Oh; no no no. I don't own this world. And what's a Shinki?"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2017, 10:15:23 PM »
Yuki:

> "Oh, I thought you were saying this world was yours..."

Mai:

> "Shinki is our master. She's the ruler of the world where we came from."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2017, 10:44:19 PM »
Yuki:

> "Oh, I thought you were saying this world was yours..."

Mai:

> "Shinki is our master. She's the ruler of the world where we came from."

> "It's mine in the sense that I live in it. It's my home."

> Usemi pulls a very interested face. "So, this Shinki is the ruler of the world? Where you come from is her world? Wonder what that's like..."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2017, 10:52:54 PM »
Yuki:

> "It's nothing like this one, if you are wondering."
> Nod.
> "And yes. She created that world."
> "Where are you from, by the way? You look like a magician..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2017, 11:00:01 PM »
Yuki:

> "It's nothing like this one, if you are wondering."
> Nod.
> "And yes. She created that world."
> "Where are you from, by the way? You look like a magician..."

> "So; you're saying this Shinki is a Goddess? Interesting. I always wondered if such things exist. I guess it explains why you look like an angel if you know a Goddess." Usami says; looking at Mai.

> "You wouldn't know where I'm from. You're visitors to this world. I don't see a use in giving you useless information."

> Usami chuckles a little bit. "A magician? I guess you could call me that. Although magicians don't use magic. They just use sleight-of-hand. What I do is real." Usami says proudly; before the cards flying around all arrange into a deck in front of her on the table.

> "These are my favorites. They're Zener cards. Used for an old test for psychokinetic powers. I find them amusing; given I'm an Esper myself. Besides; manipulating fifty-two items at once is good for keeping my powers sharp."

> She looks from Mai to Yuki.

> "What about you two? Everyone I've met who can fly has strange powers. So what can you two do?"

> She looks slightly less comfortable when looking at Yuki. Unlike Mai; she avoids looking Yuki in the eye.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:03:05 PM by Raikaria »

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2017, 11:27:37 PM »
Mai and Yuki:

> Fire/Ice.
> Look at each other with an annoyed look.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:50:56 PM by Tashi »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »
Mai and Yuki:

> Fire/Ice.
> Look at each other with an annoyed look.

[Assuming Mai is saying Fire and Yuki is saying Ice due to the ordering]

> The girl looks at you as you look at each other.

> "Ice and Fire? Interesting. I know someone with power over fire. I'm pretty sure you'd lose to her given she's immortal."

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2017, 04:50:29 PM »
> Yuki: "An immortal fire mage?  Sounds like a tough customer to me."
> Mai: "We could win."  Don't need to kill someone to beat them, after all.
> Yuki: "Maybe.  It depends on how good she is, though.  Anyway, you mentioned before that the opening to our world might have been because of your psychic power experiments?"
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2017, 06:09:35 PM »
//I editted so the respective colors are changed. My intention was Yuki and Mai saying they respective magic, but I changed it so it could look like they said the powers of the others  :3

Mai:

> "We are good enough too."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2017, 08:24:15 PM »
> Yuki: "An immortal fire mage?  Sounds like a tough customer to me."
> Mai: "We could win."  Don't need to kill someone to beat them, after all.
> Yuki: "Maybe.  It depends on how good she is, though.  Anyway, you mentioned before that the opening to our world might have been because of your psychic power experiments?"

//I editted so the respective colors are changed. My intention was Yuki and Mai saying they respective magic, but I changed it so it could look like they said the powers of the others  :3

Mai:

> "We are good enough too."

> "True; you don't need to kill someone to win a fight. But this is an immortal who's been fighting as close to life-or-death battles as one can for a few hundred years now."

> "I never stated it was due to my ESP experiments. I've traveled to other worlds before. After all; this isn't Gensokyo; yet I've been there. I research magic. It's a hobby. Thing is; there isn't a lot left in my world." the girl explains. "One thing I tried must have opened a gateway to your world for a moment or two. I can try and replicate it to show you if you want; but for all I know; it was linked to some sort of astral alignment or something. Thing about experiments is you need to make sure things happened because of why you think they happened."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2017, 08:49:32 PM »
Mai:

> "Agreed."

Yuki:

> "But what if it's something that might have serious repercussions in this world or in ours? A rift that can be used to travel to other worlds... And from what you said, it's not exactly a good idea if a gateway opens here and a resident of this world goes to ours..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »
Mai:

> "Agreed."

Yuki:

> "But what if it's something that might have serious repercussions in this world or in ours? A rift that can be used to travel to other worlds... And from what you said, it's not exactly a good idea if a gateway opens here and a resident of this world goes to ours..."

> "Why do you think I'm investigating the causes? I mean, I doubt some random person from this world could just open a portal to your world; but if it wasn't my doing and was pure co-incidence; someone could stumble in."

> Usemi sighs. "But I can't investigate the phenomenon unless I can replicate it. Magic and Science intertwine in that fashion."

> A book flies over to the table and opens to a specific page.

> "Your would wouldn't happen to be called the Demon Realm or anything like that; right? While projecting once I found this book in an old rundown catacomb used by cultists hundreds of years ago. Details about summoning deamons and such. I'm not interested in that; but I did reverse-engineer the process to see if it was possible to connect the worlds. Visit. Research. Make sure it can't randomly happen and cause problems. So on so forth as a paranormal investigator."

> The page clearly depicts a contractual ritual. It is the means through which one can employ one of Makai's lesser daemons. The spell connects to Shinki; who sends an appropriate resident of Makai who has applied to the contract scheme. Provided Shinki approves of the summoner and is sure they will not abuse her creation. Contract Magic is well known and widely used within Makai; and many lesser daemons who wish to visit other worlds apply to be summoned under contract.

> You assume since the previous owners were described as cultists; that they either messed up the ritual or were never approved.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 09:04:23 PM by Raikaria »

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2017, 09:58:24 PM »
Yuki:

> "We live in Makai, also called Demon World. I guess that's accurate."
> "So... instead of calling forth a demon, you tried to reverse it so you are summoned in other worlds?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2017, 11:38:23 PM »
Yuki:

> "We live in Makai, also called Demon World. I guess that's accurate."
> "So... instead of calling forth a demon, you tried to reverse it so you are summoned in other worlds?"

[Should probobly mention for setting purposes; this is occurring 1~2 years after the events of 14.5, so Sumireko is a couple of years older now and has moved to Kyoto; now studying at the same University where Renko and Maribel will attend in the 'near future'.]

> "Makes sense. But; doesn't that mean you two are deamons? And this 'Shinki' creator of the Deamon World; is the Devil? If that's the case; who knew there was some truth to those texts. Perhaps those books were written by people who had entered Makai in the past." Usemi muses.

> She snaps out of her thoughts when pressed on the reverse.

> "Distilled down to it's most basic; explanation; yes. Although the plan was to not spend anything more than a few minutes there to start with. Let my body adjust and adapt to the world. After that happened with Gensokyo; I could transport my Astral form there whenever I wanted. That's another thing I'm curious about. Is it only Gensokyo that can happen to?"

> Someone this young who can reverse-engineer magic that involves Shinki herself is almost unheard of. The only one with talent on that level that you know of was Alice. Byakuren managed to reverse-engineer a small amount of Shinki's magic too; but Byakuren did that when over 900 years old. Not when no older than 18.

> Three cups float into the room; one with a steaming liquid in it that lands by the girl. The two that land by you are empty.

> "Sorry; I never said I was boiling water. I don't have guests often. Do you want anything to drink? Do you even drink? So many questions."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:43:56 PM by Raikaria »

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2017, 11:58:43 PM »
Yuki:

> "We are magicians. We emigrated to Makai."
> Nod.
> "Although we aren't creations of Lady Shinki, we consider her like a mother."

Mai:

> "..."
> Look at Usami with an interested look.
> "Huh... It's indeed incredible how someone so young can have such amount of knowledge and power... It has been so long since I saw someone like you..."

Yuki:

> "Oh, you mean Alice..."

Mai:

> "Indeed."

Yuki:

> "And yes, some water would be nice."

Mai:

> Close our eyes quietly.
> "No thanks."

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2017, 12:10:14 AM »
> Yuki: "We went to Makai because it's saturated with magic power.  Shinki's definitely a God, she creates devils though."
> Mai: "I don't think it'll be so easy to enter; we have strong defenses."
> Yuki: "Unless someone accepts the contract.  If the spell works the same way in reverse as it does regularly..."
> Mai: Whap Yuki.  "Shut up."  That's just asking for this Usamimi girl to intrude more.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:53:40 AM by Sophilia »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2017, 08:01:58 AM »
Yuki:

> "We are magicians. We emigrated to Makai."
> Nod.
> "Although we aren't creations of Lady Shinki, we consider her like a mother."

Mai:

> "..."
> Look at Usami with an interested look.
> "Huh... It's indeed incredible how someone so young can have such amount of knowledge and power... It has been so long since I saw someone like you..."

Yuki:

> "Oh, you mean Alice..."

Mai:

> "Indeed."

Yuki:

> "And yes, some water would be nice."

Mai:

> Close our eyes quietly.
> "No thanks."

> Yuki: "We went to Makai because it's saturated with magic power.  Shinki's definitely a God, she creates devils though."
> Mai: "I don't think it'll be so easy to enter; we have strong defenses."
> Yuki: "Unless someone accepts the contract.  If the spell works the same way in reverse as it does regularly..."
> Mai: Whap Yuki.  "Shut up."  That's just asking for this Usamimi girl to intrude more.

> The cups float back into the other room. One returns to Yuki filled with water.

> The girl listens intently.

> "If you emigrated to Makai then, how did you do it?" she asks.

> The answer to that is you found and used the natural portal to Makai in your home dimensions instead of tearing open a dimensional hole. One cannot enter the portal unless they have enough magical energy to survive in Makai as well; as a safety precaution. Makai's environment is harsh and can even kill people without magic. It's also a lot harder to leave Makai by the gateways than enter Makai.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:06:50 AM by Raikaria »