Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT I: Part 2  (Read 146008 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT I: Part 2
« Reply #960 on: May 18, 2016, 07:31:08 AM »
>Approach her with a worried look.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #961 on: May 18, 2016, 08:00:28 AM »
>Approach her with a worried look.
>You approach Yukari.
>"Ah, there you are..." she says, looking over at you, "Why so worried? I have no reason to harm you..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #962 on: May 18, 2016, 08:05:43 AM »
>"I was just being cautious. The first few times someone went alone, n-never mind. What is it you wanted me for?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #963 on: May 18, 2016, 08:07:50 AM »
>"I was just being cautious. The first few times someone went alone, n-never mind. What is it you wanted me for?"
>"Well, considering you've been in Gensokyo for over a day now, I do believe it's time for you to go home..."
>Yukari has a stern look on her face.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #964 on: May 18, 2016, 08:13:11 AM »
>"No. I'm not leaving yet."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #965 on: May 18, 2016, 08:15:14 AM »
>"No. I'm not leaving yet."
>"That is not your decision to make..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #966 on: May 18, 2016, 08:24:01 AM »
>"Why? Whose decision is it then? I should be able to stay at the Human Village here."

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #967 on: May 18, 2016, 09:20:30 AM »
>"Renko will have her trial and Sumireko is still in coma, and i still haven't found a definite clue to find out who is my mother, i'm not leaving the person i love and her dear sister alone, and i'm not giving up on mother, i want to know why, i want to hug her tightly telling her how glad i am about finding her, i can't leave those three behind, i can't leave the friends i made here like Chen and Miss Ran behind, and i don't want to stop seeing you too Lady Yukari..."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #968 on: May 18, 2016, 12:44:24 PM »
>Adopt an upset expression.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #969 on: May 19, 2016, 01:53:04 AM »
>"Why? Whose decision is it then? I should be able to stay at the Human Village here."
>"Renko will have her trial and Sumireko is still in coma, and i still haven't found a definite clue to find out who is my mother, i'm not leaving the person i love and her dear sister alone, and i'm not giving up on mother, i want to know why, i want to hug her tightly telling her how glad i am about finding her, i can't leave those three behind, i can't leave the friends i made here like Chen and Miss Ran behind, and i don't want to stop seeing you too Lady Yukari..."
>Adopt an upset expression.
>Yukari looks away from you, "You know, if things were a bit different, I would gladly allow you to stay in Gensokyo... I would allow you to remain with the one you care about, and remain in contact with your new friends..." she frowns, "Unfortunately, you are not ready... And until that day comes, you cannot stay here."
>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #970 on: May 19, 2016, 02:04:44 AM »
>"Ready ? For what ? And why is that so important i have to let go of two things that  matter so much to my life ? I love Renko, and i want to start over with my mother, i can protect myself now and i'm learning flight basics."
>Take a serious stance.
>"If i really have to leave, then i will, but not before Renko's trial ends, Sumireko wakes up and i find mother, Lady Yukari, you know better than anyone that one must fight for their goals in life correct ? I'm doing that, what would you do if Miss Ran or Miss Reimu or someone dear to you were in great danger and you were told to back down and go away, would you do that ?"
>Soften our look.
>"I think very highly of you, but you have to understand how i feel and what i must do."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #971 on: May 19, 2016, 02:13:58 AM »
>"And what's the purpose of the Human Village if humans like me can't even live there?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #972 on: May 19, 2016, 02:34:07 AM »
>"Ready ? For what ? And why is that so important i have to let go of two things that  matter so much to my life ? I love Renko, and i want to start over with my mother, i can protect myself now and i'm learning flight basics."
>"I do believe I said during our first meeting that you arrived in Gensokyo ahead of schedule... I expected your powers to mature a bit more before you were able to come here. I do not wish for you to remain here for a prolonged period of time until your powers fully manifest in the outside world... Trust me, it would be much better for you if your powers matured out there than in here..."

>Take a serious stance.
>"If i really have to leave, then i will, but not before Renko's trial ends, Sumireko wakes up and i find mother, Lady Yukari, you know better than anyone that one must fight for their goals in life correct ? I'm doing that, what would you do if Miss Ran or Miss Reimu or someone dear to you were in great danger and you were told to back down and go away, would you do that ?"
>"It would depend on the situation... Besides, it is very unlikely a situation like that would occur, considering my ability is rather... flexible..."

>"And what's the purpose of the Human Village if humans like me can't even live there?"
>"Well, you're not like the humans in the village... You're more... special..."

>Soften our look.
>"I think very highly of you, but you have to understand how i feel and what i must do."
>"And I do understand that what I'm doing is hurting you... But trust me, this is for the best..."
>_
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:43:39 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #973 on: May 19, 2016, 02:46:32 AM »
>"I can't just leave Renko like this. She's one of the few people I care deeply about, the other being my father. But even he has secrets, while Renko's already told me most of hers. If I'm going, I want Renko and her sister to come with me."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #974 on: May 19, 2016, 02:52:17 AM »
>"I can't just leave Renko like this. She's one of the few people I care deeply about, the other being my father. But even he has secrets, while Renko's already told me most of hers. If I'm going, I want Renko and her sister to come with me."
>"That is out of the question, Maribel..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #975 on: May 19, 2016, 02:58:37 AM »
>"So I have to abandon the person I love to an undecided fate just so my powers can develop?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #976 on: May 19, 2016, 03:08:23 AM »
>"So I have to abandon the person I love to an undecided fate just so my powers can develop?"
>"Unfortunately... yes..." Yukari continues to look away from you.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #977 on: May 19, 2016, 03:10:23 AM »
>"Why are my powers even so important?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #978 on: May 19, 2016, 03:47:56 AM »
>"Why are my powers even so important?"
>"They are similar to my own, and if they develop wrong, it could be something you regret... Trust me, this is for your own good."
>A gap opens up nearby, "This will take you home... Please... Don't make me force you through it..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #979 on: May 19, 2016, 03:52:37 AM »
>"...Please try all you can to ensure Renko and her sister's safety Miss Yukari. Please... And, can I ask you a question, before I have to go?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #980 on: May 19, 2016, 03:59:07 AM »
>"...Please try all you can to ensure Renko and her sister's safety Miss Yukari. Please... And, can I ask you a question, before I have to go?"
>"Of course... No harm will come to them in your absence, I guarantee it." says Yukari, finally looking at you again, "And what do you want to ask?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #981 on: May 19, 2016, 04:03:13 AM »
>"I don't think I have any doubt in this anymore, and I've come to a conclusion........."
>Look down for a bit, then back up to Yukari.
>"You're my mother...right?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #982 on: May 19, 2016, 04:20:01 AM »
>"I don't think I have any doubt in this anymore, and I've come to a conclusion........."
>Look down for a bit, then back up to Yukari.
>"You're my mother...right?"
>Yukari's eyes widen for a second, before she averts her gaze having a light chuckle, "You're just trying to stall for time you don't have, aren't you...?" she frowns, "I'll answer that question at another time, perhaps when you are ready to stay in Gensokyo... Now, you should probably get going..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #983 on: May 19, 2016, 04:25:18 AM »
>"Please answer me. I cant stop you from taking me back anyways, and I just want to confirm or deny it with you."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #984 on: May 19, 2016, 04:31:33 AM »
>"Please answer me. I cant stop you from taking me back anyways, and I just want to confirm or deny it with you."
>"Very well... if you really want an answer now, then my answer is... Maybe..." she looks at you, slightly upset, "Now, please step into the gap... This is your last chance to leave on your own accord..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #985 on: May 19, 2016, 04:37:49 AM »
>Tear up.
>"You still won't tell me, even knowing that I won't be able to come back for a long time. F-Fine."
>Approach the gap.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #986 on: May 19, 2016, 04:40:38 AM »
>Tear up.
>"You still won't tell me, even knowing that I won't be able to come back for a long time. F-Fine."
>Approach the gap.
>"I-It won't be that long... I'd expect a few years at most... It's not very long for Youkai like me..." Yukari says as you approach the gap, "Anyway... Goodbye, Maribel..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #987 on: May 19, 2016, 04:46:54 AM »
>"Good-..." Look away.
>Enter the gaptm

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #988 on: May 19, 2016, 05:09:57 AM »
>"Good-..." Look away.
>Enter the gaptm
>You enter the gap...

>You ended up back in your home. Later that day, lying on your bed, you asked yourself several questions. Was Yukari really your mother? Would Renko be okay? How long until Sariel and Uriel recover? How quickly can you get your powers to manifest? And why was Sumireko even in Gensokyo in the first place? You can only help but wonder...
>With all this on your mind, it took you a while to finally get to sleep that night... Where, for once, you did not see a vision of Gensokyo... You were understandably quite concerned when you awoke...
>As you went about your day, you noticed the outside world doesn't feel the same without Renko. It feels lonelier, as if a large chunk of your life was missing. She was the only thing on your mind all day, the thought of her safety eating away at you every minute...
>That's when you began using all your free time to experiment with your powers, even more than before, so you could be as Yukari said "ready" to stay in Gensokyo as soon as possible...

>To be continued...

>ACT I END.

>ACT II is preparing, please wait warmly...

>Any final questions pertaining to this act?
>Bonus features? [Y/N]?
>_

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #989 on: May 19, 2016, 05:12:02 AM »
[Y]