Author Topic: 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup  (Read 12988 times)

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Re: 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 11:26:46 PM »
This is... hard to watch.

E: Phew... Japan finally gets a score in. Still hard to watch, though.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 11:30:06 PM »
Uh

This is happening.

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 11:42:38 PM »
MURICA

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 12:09:43 AM »
HOPE IS ALIVE 2015

E: HOPE IS DEAD
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:11:33 AM by KrackoCloud »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 12:10:05 AM »
Might be a game after all?

e: ROFL NEVERMIND

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 01:09:51 AM »
If it weren't for Japan completely messing up at the start, they probably would've won. That was some mess up though but they stuck in and kept trying till the end. They should be proud of that. They've still proved that they are world class players.

Nonetheless, I think that Japan was responsible for losing. It's understandable to let in that 1st goal but they didn't adjust and that let them down. I expected more from the Japanese defence. They started playing better when the game really started though. I hope that they're still see this 2nd place as a good thing. They've still proved themselves as world class players who are capable of winning this tournament.

Nonetheless, the USA played consistantly well. Congratz to them for winning the competition.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 03:03:53 AM »
Ok, first off I have to post basically the most accurate gif of how I feel right now. I forget our image rules so a link instead it is:

http://i.imgur.com/dFhwYfv.webm

Now that I have that out of the way all I can say is what a game that was, especially that start. I seriously lost my voice in the first 16 minutes, and then sweated the final 80 or so. I won't say the USA is "lucky" since every goal was well executed (holy crap that 54 yard strike). The fact is though that Japan had the better execution after Lloyd's hat-trick, but they dug themselves into too large of a hole. When it was 4-2 I really was thinking for a second we really were going to watch a miraculous come-back, but Heath's goal basically killed most of Japan's momentum thank god.

Overall I'm so happy to see this happen 4 years after watching such a heartbreaking loss. I'd say this is a huge win because now the next generation of girls in the US has their own "99ers" to look up to. 16 years is a long time in the sports world, and soccer has really grown in the USA thanks in large part to the USWNT. I'm so happy!!!

Hats off to Japan though. I really hope their soccer federation recognizes how good they are soon and treats them better, at the least better than they did in 2012 (making them fly coach for the Olympics while the men flew First-Class). I really enjoy watching them play and I would not be surprised if they come back for blood in 2016 and 2019.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 03:08:22 AM »
DESTLLOYD
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 03:32:24 AM »
Amidst all this celebration of USA's great victory over Japan, there happen to be a lot of shitters who keep tweeting and remarking about how "THAT'S FOR PEARL HARBOUR" and I'm just like ugh come on people how immature can you get. Lloyd was a goddamned beast out on the field with that hat-trick (second person in the entire world to score a hat-trick in any World Cup final, and first woman in the entire world to score a hat-trick in just Women's World Cup finals) and just the solid performance in general from the team, the strategic change on the side of Ellis during their game against Germany really set the scene, compared to how Japan squeaked out their win against England thanks to the own goal from Bassett. It is really appalling to see that there are people who still think of such things like that, when the World Cup finals shown to us today just showed that USA was inspired, motivated, and proved themselves to be the better team that moment in time.

Whether you can say that the brightness conditions at the time affected Japan's play, or their morale or physical condition entering the match or whatever affected it too, we can safely say that despite the crushing 4-0 lead imposed by the USA, Japan still tried their darndest to get back into the game and with the OG header it was quite hopeful for me to believe Japan could clinch it, but then... that response from Heath... Damn, it was hard to say Japan could claw back in after that... So anyway, well played to both of the teams, but congratulations to USA for winning it in a big, memorable and smashing fashion. As painful as relinquishing the title must be for Japan (I heard those who are watching the match back in Japan are having their receptions and signals intentionally tampered with to avoid showing such a showing) I hope this means the Nadeshiko will be treated better so that they can come back stronger than ever before and give us better games in the next cup.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 03:44:53 AM »
Amidst all this celebration of USA's great victory over Japan, there happen to be a lot of shitters who keep tweeting and remarking about how "THAT'S FOR PEARL HARBOUR" and I'm just like ugh come on people how immature can you get. Lloyd was a goddamned beast out on the field with that hat-trick (second person in the entire world to score a hat-trick in any World Cup final, and first woman in the entire world to score a hat-trick in just Women's World Cup finals) and just the solid performance in general from the team, the strategic change on the side of Ellis during their game against Germany really set the scene, compared to how Japan squeaked out their win against England thanks to the own goal from Bassett. It is really appalling to see that there are people who still think of such things like that, when the World Cup finals shown to us today just showed that USA was inspired, motivated, and proved themselves to be the better team that moment in time.

As far as the "Pearl Harbor" comments are concerned: a lot of Americans can be idiots when it comes to international competition, and it's the main reason I've avoided reading Facebook comments on the major posts by ESPN, US Soccer, etc.

The USA was definitely out for revenge though, but it wasn't for 1941. It was for 2011. The way the US came out firing to me showed that they wanted this game over quickly unlike 2011 where they failed to finish their early chances and paid for it in the end. It wasn't a matter of if Japan would score, it was when and how much. They are too quality a side to shut out and the US knew that going in.

I'm sad at the possibility that Japan tampered with their video feed, that's pretty...I'm not sure what word I want but it isn't good. The way the girls regrouped after Lloyd's hat trick was inspiring to me. They really played until the end and should hold themselves high. I really wouldn't mind facing them again next year, not because it'd be an "easy win" but just to see how they respond.

1CC List (all shmups)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 03:58:42 AM »
The USA was definitely out for revenge though, but it wasn't for 1941. It was for 2011. The way the US came out firing to me showed that they wanted this game over quickly unlike 2011 where they failed to finish their early chances and paid for it in the end. It wasn't a matter of if Japan would score, it was when and how much. They are too quality a side to shut out and the US knew that going in.

Yep, exactly. USA showed they wanted payback for what happened in 2011, and they showed it most decisively and with great outplaying of Japan during the first 20 minutes and a bit. Then when Japan stepped up their game after realizing that "oh shit USA are actually threatening us" and seemed to have the opportunity to make their own destiny, USA responded again with that final nail in the coffin.

I'm sad at the possibility that Japan tampered with their video feed, that's pretty...I'm not sure what word I want but it isn't good. The way the girls regrouped after Lloyd's hat trick was inspiring to me. They really played until the end and should hold themselves high. I really wouldn't mind facing them again next year, not because it'd be an "easy win" but just to see how they respond.

Ya it is just rumours though, based from this tweet it just appear maybe some guys are just unlucky and have to check their antenna and maybe that would make things better.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 07:27:18 AM »
Congratulations to US von A for winning the WC for Women.

Haven't seen the game but in my opinion any of the two countries would be ok for me.

Dutchland failed as usual again.  :ohdear:

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 09:39:40 AM »
Dutchland failed as usual again.  :ohdear:

Een absolute Debakel voor Oranje  :flamingv:

As far as the "Pearl Harbor" comments are concerned[...]

At least that isn't printed on official Newspapers...
I'm looking at you, England  :derp:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:49:24 AM by Dorakyura »

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »
Anybody like me who was hoping that England's great run to a 3rd place finish would change the minds of the public there even a little should be bitterly dissapointed. Even their own FA still doesn't get it.  As that one person points out, "We don't hear that the men's team have gone back to being fathers, partners, sons."

Also the Pearl Harbor and atomic bomb jokes are really gaining momentum. God I wish my country would grow up already.

Congratulations to US von A for winning the WC for Women.

Haven't seen the game but in my opinion any of the two countries would be ok for me.

If it isn't obvious by now outside of the US Japan is my favorite team to watch and cheer for. Not because of anime and Touhou and such, but as I've grown to understand this game more over the last 5 years they have been a joy to watch. What they lack in height compared to countries like the USA they make up in skill, and boy are they fun to watch. Even that first goal last night in the first half was spectacular. If it wasn't for Lloyds 57 yard strike I'd argue Japan's goal against the Netherlands (sorry Helepolis) was the goal of the tournament no question.

1CC List (all shmups)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2015, 03:29:05 AM »
Anybody like me who was hoping that England's great run to a 3rd place finish would change the minds of the public there even a little should be bitterly dissapointed. Even their own FA still doesn't get it.  As that one person points out, "We don't hear that the men's team have gone back to being fathers, partners, sons."

why the fuck are people disappointed that England managed to recover that fast from the semi-finals to clinch 3rd place against fucking Germany of all countries

how

Also the Pearl Harbor and atomic bomb jokes are really gaining momentum. God I wish my country would grow up already.

-_- Wow, really? That's even more disappointing to hear. Japan Twitterverse was really acknowledging that America was very strong and dominant in the finals, they were overall more respectful in that sense, even though the way they lost was in quite a spectacular fashion no matter how hard Japan try to claw their way back in.

If it isn't obvious by now outside of the US Japan is my favorite team to watch and cheer for. Not because of anime and Touhou and such, but as I've grown to understand this game more over the last 5 years they have been a joy to watch. What they lack in height compared to countries like the USA they make up in skill, and boy are they fun to watch. Even that first goal last night in the first half was spectacular. If it wasn't for Lloyds 57 yard strike I'd argue Japan's goal against the Netherlands (sorry Helepolis) was the goal of the tournament no question.

Why do you think Japan fielded Kaihori to be their goalie in the final when Yamane is like several inches taller than Kaihori? Do you think that it's because since Kaihori did well in the past times (despite some really weird and uncharacteristic fumbles, there's a reason why Hope Solo received the Golden Glove this cup) so they thought she would pull through again? Serious question

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2015, 05:55:10 PM »
-_- Wow, really? That's even more disappointing to hear. Japan Twitterverse was really acknowledging that America was very strong and dominant in the finals, they were overall more respectful in that sense, even though the way they lost was in quite a spectacular fashion no matter how hard Japan try to claw their way back in.

Pearl Harbor first trended on Twitter, and then news reports started reporting on it, making it trend on Facebook as well. To be fair a lot of the trend was people being angry about other people making Pearl Harbor references, but I read too many people defending the practice and even blasting the "liberal media" for making a big deal out of it.

Why do you think Japan fielded Kaihori to be their goalie in the final when Yamane is like several inches taller than Kaihori? Do you think that it's because since Kaihori did well in the past times (despite some really weird and uncharacteristic fumbles, there's a reason why Hope Solo received the Golden Glove this cup) so they thought she would pull through again? Serious question

I honestly don't know; like I said I'm still relatively new to following this sport. I can maybe ask somebody I know who used to be a goalie way back in the day on his thoughts. To be fair though the only goals in the final I can think of where height would've made a huge difference were Lloyd's midfield strike and Heath's goal (more accurately the initial cross into the box that she failed to hit and clear). The other three she was just beat badly. I would hope that she was put in because she was Japan's best goalkeeper and not because she had a good history against the USA; the 2007 Solo/Scurry debacle against Brazil says all that needs to be said on putting too much weight on past performances against a certain country.

That said she did step up and make some good saves to keep the score from getting worse, it was just unfortunately too late.

1CC List (all shmups)

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »
Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima and Nagasaki jokes are pretty much the same thing as people making sick video game references off something they noticed in a (usually morbid) news article, thinking they're comedy geniuses. It's unfunny on principle, not just because it's bad and tired black humor.

I really wish I could've watched more matches of this tournament than just parts of the knockout stage, but most of the games aired in the small hours in my timezone. I'm just too lethargic to stay up late nowadays. The games I saw in this tournament were much more interesting compared to most of the average matches I've watched in men's leagues and men's world cups. Good show, girls!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 01:54:34 AM »
I really wish I could've watched more matches of this tournament than just parts of the knockout stage, but most of the games aired in the small hours in my timezone. I'm just too lethargic to stay up late nowadays. The games I saw in this tournament were much more interesting compared to most of the average matches I've watched in men's leagues and men's world cups. Good show, girls!

Referees in women's matches generally have a no-bullshit attitude towards flopping which I think kinda makes things interesting.

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2015, 07:32:41 AM »
Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima and Nagasaki jokes are pretty much the same thing as people making sick video game references off something they noticed in a (usually morbid) news article, thinking they're comedy geniuses. It's unfunny on principle, not just because it's bad and tired black humor.

Just wanted to add this

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:30 AM »
Just wanted to add this

goddamnit dora why