Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 281901 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
Spoiler:
is it bad that I automatically tried because getting caught by them too much would kill me and their blast radius was too big to reliably dodge?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2015, 09:05:37 PM »
Spoiler:
is it bad that I automatically tried because getting caught by them too much would kill me and their blast radius was too big to reliably dodge?

Spoiler:
The problem for me ended up being that they were too big to dodge, they were in fact just right to dodge... until you realize you have to dodge a stream of them which makes it notably harder.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2015, 04:03:18 AM »
Got a PS4 and Final Fantasy Type-0 today.  They just give you all fourteen characters and have you go at it.  But due to a couple of mishaps near the end of Chapter 2 I got to play as everyone.  I like Nine the best, cause he's the strongest.  I used him mostly through the tutorial and Queen was fun too.  And I really like King and Sice, I might have to try them when I'm not being run over with a jet.  I didn't like Cinque or Jack that much though, too slow.  But I might put Cinque on my team on the basis that she sounds like Compa.  Eight looks like he might be fun to use too.  There's just so many options for your team.  I love it!

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2015, 04:52:06 PM »
Bravely Default is now mid Chapter 6 and I'm aching for that final class since it'll mean I get to really put together the most well-balanced team for handling a given situation and apparently now's about the time I should start grinding too?

I am also looking into getting a new PC somewhere down the line and am thus wiping out replays of old games. Realized I never beat Oblivion because of the wonky leveling mechanic. Decided to dump as many balances and work-arounds as I could into the game code. A few graphics mods here and some UI and weapons updates there, too. It's 9 years old and running on a 5 year old machine! Mod it until it almost falls apart!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2015, 11:07:01 AM »
So I've gotten myself a new laptop. It's a convertible tablet/laptop.

Whelp, time to go back to 2008 and play osu! until my hand breaks again. Might have to freehand it most of the time, rather than use the stylus.

That and Littlewitch Romanesque and (lol) Huniepop (it's on sale?!). Now that I know the trick behind Tempero Ignis, I'm going to see just how fast I can grind spells out (even though it'll be impossible to outpace all the quests).

Also, really should work on continuing There Came An Echo, Infinifactory, the two Dynasty Warriors games... f- I buy too many games.

Also also, dying on the last phase of the final boss in Soldner-X 2 during the Bow Laser challenge (1cc the game using only the Bow, which has strange homing characteristics, and low damage vs bosses) is the peak of despair.

Also also also, NTDM in ACI. Almost all of my sorties this go-around is locking me into my QAAM Wyvern, since everyone and their dog are either flying FB-22 Strike Raptors, F-2As, or stuff that loads LASMs/GPBs.

EDIT: Oh hey, Ys VI is finally out on Steam.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:08:55 PM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2015, 10:32:07 PM »
I've been sucked back into a game I was awful at before: Dungeon Crawl

I managed to get my first rune a week or so ago; and right now I'm playing a Merfolk Transmuter, who dabbles in summonings and worships a god of sacrifice [Sacrifice stuff to gain powers like a leap which causes a shockwave of energy; great for gapclosing; or the defensive passive of your sheer willpower causing enemies to falter and not attack sometimes.]

Then I found a Book of the Dragon. Which gives two very high-level spells. Dragon Form [Transforms you into a Dragon] and Dragon's Call [Summons allied Dragons for you for a period; this in particular is a Rank 9 spell; the ultimate spell for the Summonings School]

So once I get strong enough; I can turn into a Dragon and summon an army of Dragons to back me up.

THIS IS AWESOME.

I literally couldn't have asked for a better spellbook to show up for my character build.

Not that I'm not awesome already. I can turn into a tiny venomous spider and evade stuff; a beast made of ice and freeze stuff; or my hand into swords; while summoning a small army of those ice creatures.

Oh; did I mention my character sacrificed a hand to their god for power so all of this 'transofmring and fighting' is one handed.

It's hard not to get attached to characters which do well in Crawl. Which is dangerous since it's a true Rougelike. Permadeath in full effect and it dosen't pull punches/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:42:24 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2015, 01:22:12 AM »
Got myself a PS3 a couple days ago.
Now I can fully commit to playing (and beating) Ni no Kuni, Catherine, and FF13.
I also picked up the Kingdom Hearts mixes, and Valkyria Chronicles, and let me tell you, I am having a blast with VC. I wonder why this and FE are basically the only SRPGs I can get behind

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
A month and a half until Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward hits

And I'm still playing XIV.  Though these days it's mostly for raid nights with my free company.  We cleared Turn 10, determined Turn 11 was impossible with our party compositions (three casters), and have started on turn 12

so close to turn 13 I can taste it

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Got the urge to get back on the DT2 train now that DT1 got a Vita re-release. Currently a little over 150 hours in, and just cleared the side tower of the final dungeon with a glorious victory over the mandrake kingdom and their guard of insane penguins and bears. Just two bosses to go until the postgame ending... I'm really starting to think I might clear this game after all. It's truly mind-boggling how much content this dungeon-crawler has.
Let's fight.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
A month and a half until Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward hits

And I'm still playing XIV.  Though these days it's mostly for raid nights with my free company.  We cleared Turn 10, determined Turn 11 was impossible with our party compositions (three casters), and have started on turn 12

so close to turn 13 I can taste it

Speaking of which, I started playing ffxiv more kind-of seriously recently, although I can't actually pay for the monthly fee (a friend bought the first month for me).

The game is ridiculously solid like there's just so many small but fucking amazing things about this game that it's just mindblowing.

I'm currently at level 25 still, playing rogue so queue times take for fucking ever, but I'm loving this class so far, I'm just kinda bummed that I'll have to stop and go level a pugilist when I get to 30 so I can become a ninja. Although considering that lower level classes get a 50% bonus to experience this isn't gonna take that long lol.

PS: The one thing I hate about this game is that some character names are just fucking unpronounceable, like seriously "Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn"???? wtf

PPS:
Spoiler:
Although I think the one thing I love about this game the most is that, sure, there are some pretty skimpy female outfits, but there are equally as skimpy male outfits so it evens out, which allows for things like this to happen.
(Link is slightly nsfw)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Cross-class  skills are definitely a thing.  That said you technically only need to take Pugilist to 15 which maybe takes a couple hours and you get all their good cross-class skills in that time so it's really not that bad.

Also do you have a problem pronouncing Merlwyb keysmash?  <8D  (Mirl-vib Blow-fis-vin)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Cross-class  skills are definitely a thing.  That said you technically only need to take Pugilist to 15 which maybe takes a couple hours and you get all their good cross-class skills in that time so it's really not that bad.

Also do you have a problem pronouncing Merlwyb keysmash?  <8D  (Mirl-vib Blow-fis-vin)

According to the wiki, I need to finish one of the story quests for the Gridanian Grand Company to unlock ninjas, but I took Limsa, do you know if that's gonna be a problem?

Also, Merlwyb's name is kinda pronounceable now (simply because they actually say it once or twice in cutscenes) but whenever I see her name (or any limsan name really) in non-voiced cutscenes I just go "get some fucking vowels man"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:39:22 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

PPS:
Spoiler:
Although I think the one thing I love about this game the most is that, sure, there are some pretty skimpy female outfits, but there are equally as skimpy male outfits so it evens out, which allows for things like this to happen.
(Link is slightly nsfw)
Subligars have been a thing since FFXI.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
According to the wiki, I need to finish one of the story quests for the Gridanian Grand Company to unlock ninjas, but I took Limsa, do you know if that's gonna be a problem?
It's not tied to any of the grand companies.  Sylphic Gratitude is one of the main storyline quests, and it's required for all the Jobs.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

So I've picked back up Akiba's Trip and DmC because of the sale (and because I saw that Video Games Awesome did DmC a while back, go figure). Otaku mode isn't as hard as I remember it, at least in the early game. Enemies dodge a lot, true, but I seem to recall them doing a lot more damage before.

Also, even after a year away from DmC, somehow I'm still good enough to get consistent SS ranks. And somehow I remembered that key you needed Enemy Step for.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Got myself a PS3 a couple days ago.
Now I can fully commit to playing (and beating) Ni no Kuni, Catherine, and FF13.
I also picked up the Kingdom Hearts mixes, and Valkyria Chronicles, and let me tell you, I am having a blast with VC. I wonder why this and FE are basically the only SRPGs I can get behind

Sometime between this post and now, I also picked up Fallout 3, some cod game (it's for my little sister), Dork Soles, and the HD Metal Gear collection.

I finished the Tanker chapter in 92 minutes in MGS2-- notable because I was just plodding around in the PS2 version of it last week and had managed to rack up more than 2 hours without ever even reaching the end of it. So yeah.
dork soles is hard
i've died thrice in the noob dungeon (twice on the asylum demon) send help there is no hope for players of such little caliber as mine

Ionasal kkll Solciel

> Nearly gets trainwrecked in the first chapter in Son of Sparda mode
> SSS Rank for the chapter anyway

SSS Ranking all Nephilim chapters is going to take a while, but completely not looking toward Hell or Hell - especially if those Frost Knights keep getting shields.

EDIT: Oh hay, Ar nosurge Plus is getting a US release, with physical limited edition and digital regular edition. Still no sign of Ciel, I notice.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:13:22 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

wtf i thought i was playing isaac not hearthstone :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
If I hadn't of become such a PvP addict recently, I'd have probably pulled off my first 3-day Kingdom of Loathing Hardcore ascension today.

Instead I'm a PvP addict so I'm eating chez snootee foods hella-suboptimally and nightcapping with PvP adventures/gear instead of normal adventure gear.

But this is so fun 8D

commandercool

• alter cool
Finally beat Fire Emblem Awakening after like two years of playing. Cleared on hard, lost three units (Gaius, Miriel, and Sumia-is is just me, or are speed-based characters way more fragile in Awakening?). Guess I gotta find a new 3DS game. Or just re-play all of the 3DS Castlevanias for the millionth time.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Currently dividing my time between Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Cafeteria Nipponica.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

So it's totally possible to go from perfectly immaculate God-Tier clothes to burning in the sun naked without a chance at retaliation if you get juggled into the air in Otaku difficulty by a certain annoying group of idols.

The big thing I'm going to miss during my upcoming vacation is the lack of my own PS3. I'm going to miss so much in terms of ACI sorties...

Move eternally forward,

CyberAngel

• Retired
Still playing Rosenkreuzstilette. Got past Cross Wall with Grolla just now.

I F***ING GOT PAST CROSS WALL WITH GROLLA! :toot: Been trying for hours yesterday, I pretty much speedrun the stage now. Only this morning did I come up with the strat that did the trick. With Spiritia it's laughably easy, by the way.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

With Destiny of Spirits getting killed at the end of June, I've been grinding out as much as I can since yesterday. Unfortunately, the game saved map data on the Vita, so since I didn't know that and deleted it completely, I have to start exploring the map from scratch again. Maybe the hardest part will be the final three areas, given that they're all four-battle zones with multiple bosses, and they're really damn powerful, at least for my sad state. I might have a ton of orbs to revive with, but if I want that trophy, I may need to buy more.

Plus, y'know, vacation and limited net access for the next three weeks is going to be injurious. I have no doubts it's possible, now that I actually have motivation to explore the map, but it'll be very, very rough.

Among the titles I'm bringing along for vacay are Conception II, Nep Re;Birth2, and Akiba's Trip. I don't think I'll get far enough to Plat any of them, (or hell, even beat Conception), but I have time. I have time.

Move eternally forward,

Mitsuhide

• History Nerd
    • The one eyed gamer
I have just completed Touhou 7 without using continues. I think it's the very first time in my history of gaming that I don't use a continue.

Also, got my hands on Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution on DS recently. It's fun, and I like that you can play as Mao Zedong, but I would have chosen different leaders for Germany and Russia, so that there are some more bad guys to play as (you know which leaders I mean). Unfortunately, it's a pretty short game, but highly replayable.

Apart from those, I don't have many more gmes to play. But I go back to Sid Meier's Pirates! every once in a while.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
I've been playing Shovel Knight.  I love it.  The music is great, the art is awesome.  The boss fights and stages are loads of fun.  Except for Propeller Knight and his stage.  Him and his stage can kiss the shittiest part of my ass.  The fight with Black Knight at the end of the next stage more than made up for it though.  That was crazy fight.  I've just got the last stage to do now.

So I just found out the Binding of Isaac(Wrath of the lamb, not Rebirth) got a new update that adds a hard mode, eternal enemies, and some other stuff. Not that I even have Rebirth yet(waiting to get it on PS4/Vita whenever I actually pick one of those up)

Played a bit of it and didn't get too far because some of these enemy changes are ridiculous. It's not like I was ever good at Isaac, so obviously I die a lot regardless unless I get an OP build, but I'll try to beat it with all characters so that I can have 100% Steam achievements yet again.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Bravely Default complete! Chapter 7 and the finale made up for the LOL JRPG stuff going on. I thought Mr. Final Boss's Disaster move was a bit cheap considering it hits the only blind spot between the templar and spiritmaster. Luckily the second time I got that far in the fight he decided not to use it. At all. Mr. Boss insisted instead upon using his instant death attack incessantly on a party covered in death immune equips. Agnes had everyone covered with M. Def. buffs anyhow when she wasn't covering BP battery duties.  With Tiz and ESPECIALLY Edea doing nothing but pumping out damage, and Ringabel just sorta hangin' out when he wasn't debuffing, things went smoothly. Everyone was neck deep in Buff Up buffs and an I'm-done-with-this friend summon was the last nail in the coffin. What fun! Can't wait for a US release of Second!

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is all the nostalgic fun it's been chalked up to be so far.

Oblivion was dropped in favor of KF2. Same great co-op fun as the first with some rebalances and a fresh coat of paint. It's still early access and will need some more classes to really fill in the gaps left by the boss-buster classes.

Also I will get back to Hatoful Boyfriend sooner than later I swear.

SOON 

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
I'm a little past halfway done with Link 2 The Past myself and it is indeed great fun.  The difficulty level is a smidge disappointing (or maybe I'm just better at video games XX many years later) though one way around that is to waltz up to Turtle Rock and do that way early on classic penultimate dungeon what's that :V
I suspect they expected you to already have
Spoiler:
the blue mail
from the Swamp Palace before that one, which I just finished now oops.  Onward to the desert!  Or maybe the ice tower!  Just not the Lost Woods I ain't got time for that maze garbage I've played enough Zelda games to know the score.

SOON
SOON

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
SOON
Not soon enough

Also I've been playing Devil Survivor 2 Break Record.  It's taken me a bit to get used to a couple of the voices but man Daichi's voice acting is top notch.  Now if I can just pull through the old scenario so I'm fully refreshed for the new scenario...