Author Topic: Nicoles *NEW* art thread  (Read 2362 times)

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
Nicoles *NEW* art thread
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:05:37 AM »
So theirs really no excuse for me not posting on here in like a year. All I've got is ive been living on tumblr. That aside....
I am here again and I am here with the art. I will start this topic with a Reimu that I finished a few days ago.

Cheers to hopefully posting more and more touhou art!

And for anyone that wants it,
my tumblr is NicoleArtist.tumblr.com

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Nicoles *NEW* art thread
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 05:08:48 AM »
Well welcome back then. It must have been during my period of drought that you were here since I haven't seen anything in your other thread.
Though you've improved, she looks rather cylindrical. Like dressing up the inner roll of toilet paper. It's nice that you draw backgrounds though, since it adds context and depth.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »
dat nose tho

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 12:04:27 PM »
Though you've improved, she looks rather cylindrical. Like dressing up the inner roll of toilet paper. It's nice that you draw backgrounds though, since it adds context and depth.

This, also it seems that her body proportions are a bit off. Anyway I think that I remember your username from an old post here, welcome back :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »
I find the eyes a bit more jarring myself. Maybe it is an issue of scale in her right eye compared to the more forward left?

The vibrant colours are great, on the other hand, and hello again to this part of the forums!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 09:58:43 PM »
I actually like her eyes. I think that you could work in her waist, though. There's something about it that doesn't seem right. Or is it her legs? Or... the skirt? It kinda makes it look like her legs are too short. But overall I like it your style, it's unusual. And that palette is so nice! I hope we get to see more of your art.

춤추는 작은 까탈레나~

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »

Have a little Rumia.

Also wanted to ask how people feel about me posting sketches and art not related to touhou.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 12:16:18 AM »
No issue with that at all.

As for this image...it's indeed got the comical tone and would be great on a sticker or the like. On the other hand, the facial expression appears a tad off, particularly the curvature of the upper lip (generally this area tends to not move much at all).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »
Yeah the mouth is over exaggerated where it shouldn't be. Thought it was funny looking that way.

Not touhou but sped drew this last night. Not to thrilled with Dippers face for some reason. It's just, not quite right, but I didn't feel like sleeping it off and making adjustments later.