~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments

※How to make Touhou derived work - Doujin & ZUN's Touhou guidelines

<< < (4/30) > >>

Tengukami:

--- Quote from: Omegahugger on January 26, 2015, 07:01:00 PM ---Great. There goes the name for my adult-oriented Touhou fangame... =(

But seriously, I understand it's "discouraged" but how does this work in the case someone wishes to use "Touhou" in the name of their fangame? Should it be accompanied with a mandatory clear and visible disclaimer that the game isn't an official Touhou game? Seems to me like that would clear things up..... Or is it best to just avoid the use of "Touhou" in the title alltogether, with "preferable" being a subtle way of saying "don't do it, period"?

--- End quote ---

Well, it seems one of the more common ways around this is to incorporate the name of one of the featured Touhou characters in the name of the game, e.g., Super Marisa World, MegaMari, etc.

ShinesBright:
I guess my post was too long....

Or.... Is just everyone ignoring me?

I'll keep it simple this time.

The contact for ZUN is not realistic. How should one reach ZUN?

Everyone claims you need permission to do something. Then how should someone actually get permission?

Moogs Parfait:
You don't get in contact with ZUN, you get in contact with his people. It helps if you write in polite business Japanese I guess.

For example back in 2013 we received permission to enter Danmaku into a western game design contest.

I don't know what to tell you since it hasn't been an issue for us so I don't know what you're doing differently.

Mеа:

--- Quote from: Omegahugger on January 26, 2015, 07:01:00 PM ---Or is it best to just avoid the use of "Touhou" in the title alltogether, with "preferable" being a subtle way of saying "don't do it, period"?

--- End quote ---
Definitely. Zun himself uses the rule with some of the spin offs, meaning the distinction is important. 'Touhou' is probably Zun's personal mark on his games.
I forget, but this applies to any title containing 'touhou' or '東方' and not just 'touhou xxx' or '東方xxx' correct?

ShinesBright:
That's interesting :D Thanks for answering!

Oh, and I know it's really ZUN's people not really ZUN himself but I just said it that way. I'll be more specific next time.

So you guys actually contacted thru the e-mail that's on the guidelines?

How did you guys get in contact? Did you guys use a different e-mail?

I know some people have contacted thru the e-mail posted but they didn't get any reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version