Author Topic: [Music] [Non-Touhou] Arashi's Super Happy Fun Karaoke Time!  (Read 7953 times)

[Music] [Non-Touhou] Arashi's Super Happy Fun Karaoke Time!
« on: April 09, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »
So I decided it's been way too long since I last sang. (Well, sang and recorded it. I sing plenty. =P) And I think this time I should have a thread that won't get auto-locked for being in the miscellaneous board and inactive for too long if I let it go for a bit. So... yeah I have a thread now I guess?

Starting off with Amrita from the Tsubasa Chronicle short movie. I feel like I sound a little stuffier than usual today but oh well. =/

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: [Music] [Non-Touhou] Arashi's Super Happy Fun Karaoke Time!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:11:24 AM »
Your voice is...disturbingly excellent.  As usual.  :X

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 11:51:54 AM »
Yah that's pretty awesomes :*

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
I REMEMBER THIS SONG

from back when T:RC was worth watching

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »
And now for something completely different - a classic rock double feature!

First we have my absolute favorite Queen song, Don't Stop Me Now. ...even though the verses fall in a weird spot in my range so I can only kinda sorta sing them. DON'T CARE, BEST SONG.

And then we have Pinball Wizard by The Who, in the extended form sung by Elton John in the film version of Tommy. Unlike Don't Stop Me Now, I can actually mostly sing this - except for the final line in each refrain, which I can nail in isolation but suddenly cannot get the intervals right whenever you give me backing music lol. Still a great song~

(At least I didn't even try to record Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway) after I remembered "Oh wait, I can't actually sing this in this key. At all." :V)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:45:10 AM by Arashi Kurobara »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 07:55:54 AM »
---> Don't stop me now
---> Queen
---> Queen
---> Queen

Charismatically approved.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 10:32:41 AM »
---> Don't stop me now
---> Queen
---> Queen
---> Queen

Charismatically approved.

Now, now.
No need to like something just because of the band covered.
Instead, like something for it's quality execution, excellent vocals and superb capture of the feel of the song through the stresses and application of tones alongside nice pitches.

Like Arashi's cover of the song, for example. Consider Helepolis' approval seconded.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »
Starting off with Amrita from the Tsubasa Chronicle short movie. I feel like I sound a little stuffier than usual today but oh well. =/
This is...wow, this is really quite nice, and you've got a wonderful singing voice!  =)  Yeesh this is some good stuff.  Rather soothing-sounding.

Never did see the short movie, but I haven't even finished watching the two seasons of the series I already have either, so...yeah.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »
Like Arashi's cover of the song, for example. Consider Helepolis' approval seconded.

Hee. :3

Though I'm really quite alright with getting some gushing over Queen all up in here too. :V

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 07:50:57 AM »
Woooooooo update time. Shake It Out, by Florence + the Machine. I <3 F+tM but I actually probably wouldn't have thought to do this particular track if it hadn't been on Glee tonight. >_> Lyrically it fits me pretty well though, and it's got a lot less of the full-out belting I'm not sure I can sustain for a whole song then a lot of the other tracks I like. (Though I probably couldn't find backing music for Howl anyway 'cause it wasn't a single. Drumming Song or No Light, No Light, maybe...)

Also, I might possibly at some point need a collaborator for a project relevant to this thread. But hush hush for the moment. =P

Jq1790

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 03:44:31 PM »
If you're willing to take requests...Any chance of you doing DoLL ~ Ballad Side?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 03:05:51 AM »
So I was reading the thread while the first file downloaded and it started playing while I read and I didn't notice it and at one point I started wondering what is this soothing sound playing in my brain

what did you do to my head

e: re: Don't Stop Me Now

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
that is so much better than me in the shower
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:09:00 AM by HakureiSM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57:06 AM »
HEY LOOK YOU GUYS I'M NOT DEAD also nobody who was nominated that I wanted to win won Grammy awards so fuck that I'mma sing 'em myself.

First we have Madness, by Muse. I'll grant that their latest is probably my least favorite album of theirs but it's still decent I think! Except the lyrics near the end of this were better when everyone was mishearing them but I sang them as they're written in the liner notes anyway because they are the right lyrics. =P

And then we have No Light, No Light, by Florence + the Machine. In which it becomes hilariously blatant how shitty the instrumentation on karaoke CDs here in the Western world is. (Though I do think this is the better of the two for my own vocals.)

Maybe next time I'll do something animu or vidya gaem or something again for a change. :V

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 08:16:51 AM »
You guys. Do you want to go on a SCIENCE ADVENTURE?

Have the OPs to Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate - Find the Blue and Skyclad no Kansokusha respectively, both by Kanako Itou. (The OPs to the VNs, not the anime adaptations. =P)

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 08:59:12 PM »
Expect... uh... way too much Uta no Prince-sama in here in the varying degrees of future. Starting here with Natsuki's song from the first game, Southern Cross Waltz. (Ugh I got all breathless suddenly as soon as I was set to record, but wanted to get this knocked out anyway. Also goddamn I need a better mic one of these days.)

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 09:33:55 PM »
Although I've never listened to the original version, so I have nothing to compare it to, I'll say that your Southern Cross Waltz was really great.
I could sense the breathlessness, but it was really good nonetheless.
10/10

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 02:26:22 AM »
Doki~ doki ~♡  :* :*

Where do I sign up to be your fangirl?  :ohdear:

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 04:16:22 AM »
Doki~ doki ~♡  :* :*

Where do I sign up to be your fangirl?  :ohdear:

Right here I guess? :V

Maybe I'll get a chance and the urge to do more later tonight even, I dunno. No promises. =P

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 07:41:54 AM »
BIG BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

(I think the mic on my new headset might be a bit suckier (that was possible?!), and regardless I need to fuss with boom positioning I think, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I just wanted to get something out, it's been ages.)

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 07:07:50 AM »
Hey look I sang things because eh. Practice?

Did Zettai Reido Emotion, Camus's character some from Uta no Prince-sama. Can't stop watching the live performance from the recent concert DVD shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Then I did a shortened version of Yakusoku no Basho, one of the tracks from his seiyuu's solo single - just did an acapella because that single has no karaoke versions (damn I'd love a karaoke track for Destiny though). I can't seem to find the start of the verse melody again after the pause so I just cut to first verse+refrain and last refrain oops. Like y'all wanna listen to an acapella ballad for that long anyway. :V

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 04:36:04 AM »
BACK FROM THE DEEEEEEEEEEEAD

though man I tried nice mixing to go with my nice new mic and it doesn't really seem to make a difference

anyway, Himitsu no Kuchidzuke by Shouta Aoi. Enjoy.

Jq1790

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »
"Oh hey, let's check out AAA-new Arashi karaoke!?"

Pretty much my thought right when I saw this.

I was not disappointed.