Author Topic: Japanese doujin musicians to attend TouhouCon 2015 (Anaheim, CA)  (Read 5994 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Japanese doujin musicians to attend TouhouCon 2015 (Anaheim, CA)
« on: November 15, 2014, 05:59:32 AM »
The official TouhouCon website has announced three Guests of Honor from Japan, for the next TouhouCon, to be held on Sep 18-20, 2015:

Masayoshi Minoshima, of Alstroemeria Records
REDALiCE, of ALiCE’S EMOTiON
ARM, of IOSYS

Probably due to its geological location in Anaheim, California, the first TouhouCon hadn't been talked much around here. From what I heard, it turned out a generally decent event in overall, and they seem keen on improving their convention.

Still, I'm not quite getting the part about inviting musicians as guests, rather than inviting them to play at the con. Does anyone have an idea about what they are planning?

Gotta say these guys are surprisingly photogenic, lol.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:09:56 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Re: Japanese doujin musicians to attend TouhouCon 2015 (Anaheim, CA)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 06:21:01 AM »
According to the website you linked, they are playing.

Pre-register at http://bit.ly/TH2015Reg to meet them and see them perform live! 3-day attendee badges will be $25 until Dec 1st.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 06:25:15 AM »
In that case I thought they should have simply said in the news title that the musicians will be playing... No matter, I'm changing my title.

(Or not. They still haven't informed us exactly how much the musicians will play.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:27:57 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 06:27:55 AM »
You'd think so!  :V

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 06:10:55 PM »
Gotta say these guys are surprisingly photogenic, lol.

I once watched a Ustream live feed of Masayoshi, Syrufit and Nomico spinning (well, the guys were spinning; Nomico was just kinda hanging out). Two things that occured to me then were a) holy crap they smoke like chimneys and b) these are some ridiculously good looking people.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 09:59:51 PM »
Hmmm, I might go, it is close enough to where I live. I guess there is a year to decide.