Author Topic: Touhou Fan Game - Write a Story for one!  (Read 1681 times)

Touhou Fan Game - Write a Story for one!
« on: August 24, 2014, 11:28:15 PM »
So, I need help with my Touhou Fan Game too. But how many times have you guys NOT heard that line? Well, here's the thing: I need special help for mine! Help you probably don't give out every day! What I need... Is... Wait for it... BAM! The Story! Yeah, pathetic to come here asking help with a fan game when you've got no story, right? Well, I suck at writing stories. But here's where you come in! Write me a good, simple yet fun, preferably funny story and I'll do my best to make a Touhou game out of it! An RPG no less! With dungeons and bosses and Maps! (Oh my!) Why do I choose an RPG? Well, so many good ones are in Japanese without English patches and I can't understand a thing. So here's a bonus, if you wanna help with the gameplay and other stuff, you're welcome to help too! As long as you make the finished story, of course. What's that? Need characters to write about? Specific ones you mean? Well, we can discuss ALL of that too, if you want! Just look me up, send me an email or a message here, and we'll discuss it. But what if I get lucky, which I completely doubt, and multiple people want to make a story too? Well, send me what's it about and maybe even the first bit/chapter/whatever and I'll choose the one I like most! Here's a hint though, Reimu and Cirno are my favorites. Anyways, thanks for your time! You're a beautiful audience!

By the way, here are some ideas for you all in case you don't know where to start! (Thanks for suggesting, macblo)
-Gensokyo's frogs start disappearing, so Cirno requests Reimu's help to solve the mystery.
-The supplies at the Scarlet Devil Mansion start to disappear, including Remilia's favorite tea.
-Reimu must host a festival, but doesn't have the resources to do so.
-Cirno and Daiyousei go and prank Reimu, so she punishes them by turning them into shrine maidens.
-Reisen is sent off to do some errands, but finds that others are in her way.
-A murder mystery in the Human Village.
-Reimu and friends get accidentally sent off into the world of classic RPGs by Nitori.
-Alice's dolls begin to run wild without her being the one controlling them.
-Cirno and friends go monster hunting.
-Mima and Shinki team up to get revenge on Reimu and friends after not appearing for so long in the main series.

^Feel free to not use any of these ideas if you don't like any, of course.
Oh, and moderators: If you think I posted this in the wrong place, just move it to where it's gotta be, but make sure to tell me, I'm begging ya!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:52:59 PM by Senbou »

Re: Touhou Fan Game - Write a Story for one!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »
I'm interested in writing a story for you. I've been meaning to making a Touhou RPG with RPG Maker VX Ace but I haven't gotten around, mostly because of a lack of resources. It would really help if I had SOMETHING to work on, some idea, before I write a story. Keep in mind that this is my first story.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »
Good point there, macblo. I guess that WOULD make things so much easier for you all. Alright! Then I'll come up with some ideas and post them all (er, the better ones anyway) up in the first post! Stay tuned!

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
Besides designing the game, what skills are you bring to the table? I'll still write the story, but I was just wondering if you're an artist or a musician or something. I'm just curious, that's all.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:26 PM »
I'm also going to be the one Eventing the game and, if needed, character designing. I have my drawing skills but their quality is not to my liking for making a fan game.