Author Topic: Yukari Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 60015 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Yukari Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #750 on: September 03, 2014, 02:22:44 AM »
> "Hmm. The fairies are pretty worked up, but I couldn't find Renko in the forest area. Let's try some other places. While I'm looking, Mary, do you have any suggestions?"
> Try a few more spy gaps around the Human Village, around the Kappa University, at the Hakurei Shrine, and at Kirisame House.

>"Well, I imagine she hit all the places with people by now," says Maribel.
>Looking around, you see the human village is quiet and without any real activity. Practically everyone has gone too bed; you do note Rumia chasing between one of the houses. The University is also quiet, though the kappa village itself seems to still have a moderate amount of activity. Checking the Hakurei Shrine, you note that Reimu is sitting on the porch in her nightclothes, drinking some tea and idly watching the darkened forest. Around Marisa's home, you note the lights are on, and you think you can see her puttering around inside.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #751 on: September 03, 2014, 02:26:52 AM »
> "I see a few people that may be worth asking. How does this sound for a plan? You dry off and get changed, and I will ask around to see if anyone has seen her lately. If I find her, I will bring her right back here."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #752 on: September 03, 2014, 02:35:07 AM »
> "I see a few people that may be worth asking. How does this sound for a plan? You dry off and get changed, and I will ask around to see if anyone has seen her lately. If I find her, I will bring her right back here."

>"Okay, sure," says Maribel. "I'll be back in a few minutes."
>As she wanders off, dripping rain water all over the floor, Ran quietly says, "Does she know?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #753 on: September 03, 2014, 02:37:19 AM »
> Take a very low tone ourselves.
> "No. I will be taking her to Reimu to help reverse it."
> Did we need anyone other than Reimu and ourselves to undo Mary's gradual transformation?
> How much did we tell Ran about Gensokyo Isle, if anything?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #754 on: September 03, 2014, 02:41:48 AM »
> Take a very low tone ourselves.
> "No. I will be taking her to Reimu to help reverse it."
> Did we need anyone other than Reimu and ourselves to undo Mary's gradual transformation?
> How much did we tell Ran about Gensokyo Isle, if anything?

>"Alright," says Ran.
>Reimu alone should be enough.
>You've told her the basic gist of it.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #755 on: September 03, 2014, 02:43:05 AM »
> Raise our voice back to slightly higher then normal, so Mary can hear.
> "We'll be back soon!"
> Open a gap to the Hakurei Shrine and head through, beckoning Ran to follow us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #756 on: September 03, 2014, 02:54:05 AM »
> Raise our voice back to slightly higher then normal, so Mary can hear.
> "We'll be back soon!"
> Open a gap to the Hakurei Shrine and head through, beckoning Ran to follow us.

>"What?" Maribel calls back, "Okay!"
>You open a gap to the Hakurei Shrine and pass through it with Ran in tow.
>The cool night air makes you shiver as you step out into front path of the shrine. Reimu starts a little as you emerge.
>You look at the construction curiously. Why were they building something out old wood? Wouldn't new would be so much better? You ask mother about it, but the answer didn't make any sense. Why would they want to rebuild a shrine from the Japan, rather than making a new one entirely? But it's important, apparently, to actually bring the old one over. People are so strange sometimes...
>Reimu sighs. "You look like hell, and I'm not going to get to sleep tonight, am I?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #757 on: September 03, 2014, 02:57:44 AM »
> "I will compensate you up front with an admission I will never make to you again in either of our lifetimes; I feel worse than I look."
> "But that is not why I am here. I am currently on the lookout for one Miss Renko Usami. Have you seen her recently?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #758 on: September 03, 2014, 03:02:52 AM »
> "I will compensate you up front with an admission I will never make to you again in either of our lifetimes; I feel worse than I look."
> "But that is not why I am here. I am currently on the lookout for one Miss Renko Usami. Have you seen her recently?"

>"Geez," Reimu says. "And Renko? Yeah, she's been all over the place today. Been looking around for her-...oh for the love of, you ran off with Maribel, didn't you?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #759 on: September 03, 2014, 03:07:27 AM »
> "I will fill you in on the details later, but while it was not I that removed her, I did find her and bring her back. She is currently at her house, drying off."
> Frown.
> "I may need to bring her to you sooner rather than later, however. She is losing her humanity, slowly transforming into a youkai, and we will probably need to reverse that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #760 on: September 03, 2014, 03:11:01 AM »
> "I will fill you in on the details later, but while it was not I that removed her, I did find her and bring her back. She is currently at her house, drying off."
> Frown.
> "I may need to bring her to you sooner rather than later, however. She is losing her humanity, slowly transforming into a youkai, and we will probably need to reverse that."

>"Well, that's something," says Reimu. "Anyways, I think she was going to be searching up in the mountains?"
>Once you say the second part, Reimu frowns. "I knew it. I knew the moment I saw you I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight. I don't suppose I get to know what happened?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #761 on: September 03, 2014, 03:13:23 AM »
> If we put off 'fixing' Mary for one more night, how much more difficult would it be to do so?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #762 on: September 03, 2014, 03:17:35 AM »
> If we put off 'fixing' Mary for one more night, how much more difficult would it be to do so?

>Difficult to say, but potentially a great deal.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #763 on: September 03, 2014, 03:22:01 AM »
> "I would have been willing to put this off for a day if it weren't time-sensitive, but the circumstances force my hand. For what it is worth, I am sorry. Anyway, once we have found Miss Usami and brought them both here, I will tell our story."
> Open some spy gaps around the Moriya Shrine to see if Renko made her way all the way there. Keep an eye out for Kanako and/or Suwako as well.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #764 on: September 03, 2014, 03:25:29 AM »
> "I would have been willing to put this off for a day if it weren't time-sensitive, but the circumstances force my hand. For what it is worth, I am sorry. Anyway, once we have found Miss Usami and brought them both here, I will tell our story."
> Open some spy gaps around the Moriya Shrine to see if Renko made her way all the way there. Keep an eye out for Kanako and/or Suwako as well.

>"If Renko's not part of the problem, it's better to just leave her at home," says Reimu. "I don't need any uninvolved people around making things difficult."
>You check around the Moriya shrine. You find that the grounds are peaceful and quite. Sanae is presently asleep, Kanako seems to be reading something at the main room. Suwako laying on the roof, lazing about.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #765 on: September 03, 2014, 03:30:18 AM »
> Kanako will probably have noticed that, which is enough of a warning for her that we'll be by later. Close those spy gaps.
> "I agree that she is unneeded for the process. I will want her around for the story, though, partly because I don't want to repeat it more than I have to and partly because I suspect Mary will want her around once she learns what she just went through."
> Open a few spy gaps to check around the tengu village.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #766 on: September 03, 2014, 03:35:12 AM »
> Kanako will probably have noticed that, which is enough of a warning for her that we'll be by later. Close those spy gaps.
> "I agree that she is unneeded for the process. I will want her around for the story, though, partly because I don't want to repeat it more than I have to and partly because I suspect Mary will want her around once she learns what she just went through."
> Open a few spy gaps to check around the tengu village.

>"Okay, that's fine," says Reimu. "Just try not to wake up the faerie. The last thing I need is to have her going about when I'm trying to get some serious business dealt with."
>Checking around the tengu village, you see that it is fairly lively. Not too surprising, the tengu never really settled into any one activity cycle. However, there are no signs of any humans around there that you can see.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #767 on: September 03, 2014, 03:37:47 AM »
> Nod.
> "Of course. Thank you for your help. We will be back soon."
> Open a gap to the Moriya Shrine grounds and step through.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #768 on: September 03, 2014, 03:41:58 AM »
> Nod.
> "Of course. Thank you for your help. We will be back soon."
> Open a gap to the Moriya Shrine grounds and step through.

>"Yeah, yeah," says Reimu. "Someone's got to do it."
>You open a new gap and step through into the Moriya Shrine, Ran following behind you.
>The air here is quite a bit chillier; you'd almost indulge in a shiver if circumstances weren't what they were. You can just hear the slight bustle of activity from the nearby tengu village.
>"Well," comes the voice of Suwako from the roof, as she props herself up on her elbows. "Isn't this is unexpected?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #769 on: September 03, 2014, 03:44:39 AM »
> "Indeed. This visit will be brief, however. I am on the lookout for Miss Renko Usami, and I heard she may have gone searching in the mountains. Have you seen her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #770 on: September 03, 2014, 03:47:15 AM »
> "Indeed. This visit will be brief, however. I am on the lookout for Miss Renko Usami, and I heard she may have gone searching in the mountains. Have you seen her?"

>"Yeah, a few hours ago," says Suwako. "I think she's looking through the northern reaches? So, lemme guess, you ran off with her girl, didn't you?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #771 on: September 03, 2014, 03:52:43 AM »
> "Neither of us left by our volition, but I at least succeeded in bringing her back. Related to all of that, we will need to have a much longer discussion than this later. Myself, yourself, your other half, and the Akis. Possibly the younger Komeiji as well, I haven't decided yet if she would know enough to be worth the effort corralling."
> Open a few spy gaps in the area of the mountains Suwako suggested.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #772 on: September 03, 2014, 03:58:22 AM »
> "Neither of us left by our volition, but I at least succeeded in bringing her back. Related to all of that, we will need to have a much longer discussion than this later. Myself, yourself, your other half, and the Akis. Possibly the younger Komeiji as well, I haven't decided yet if she would know enough to be worth the effort corralling."
> Open a few spy gaps in the area of the mountains Suwako suggested.

>"If I feel like it," says Suwako.
>You open a few gaps around the northern mountains. More than a few, really, it's a large region. Though one of them, you can just barely hear someone calling out Maribel's name in the distance.

>_

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #773 on: September 03, 2014, 03:58:35 AM »
> Is it possible for us to use our tool's powers remotely? As in, say, run a check using the magnifying glass on something that's on the other side of one of our spygaps?

For the record: I just kind of want to do another check on the whole mary thing since we never really got a full look on it (IIRC).

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #774 on: September 03, 2014, 04:04:21 AM »
> "Ah, there she is, I think."
> Focus our spy gaps on that area with the shouting.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #775 on: September 03, 2014, 04:24:53 AM »
> Is it possible for us to use our tool's powers remotely? As in, say, run a check using the magnifying glass on something that's on the other side of one of our spygaps?

>Now that you are in a place where the borders are actually functional, you can do this to some degree. Being there personally is better, though. You should hope not to encounter any situations within three dimensional space that would require you to actually use it!

> "Ah, there she is, I think."
> Focus our spy gaps on that area with the shouting.

>"Ah, good," says Ran.
>You focus on that area, and quickly find Renko wandering along a mountain trail.
>You can't believe how well that speech went over! You can still hear the crowd roaring, and it makes you feel a bit weak in the knees. Independence isn't an impossible dream, anyone with eyes can see that now. You can't wait for the newspapers to run this story in the morning! Hopefully Scarlet will choke on his breakfast!

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #776 on: September 03, 2014, 04:31:28 AM »
> That's the second time now that someone has come back while we're here! Curious that the Gensokyo Isle memories are still returning, even after we destroyed the tree and returned here. They have all been of our alleged experiences, yes? Hopefully we didn't unwittingly get flooded with the memories of a bunch of other people, even if they're just manufactured.
> "Yes, there she is."
> Nod to Suwako.
> "We will be back eventually. Thank you for being the second to think I ran off with Maribel, as now I know to plan for Renko making the same assumption."
> Open a proper gap to a spot on the trail a few yards ahead of Renko and step through.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #777 on: September 03, 2014, 04:39:08 AM »
> That's the second time now that someone has come back while we're here! Curious that the Gensokyo Isle memories are still returning, even after we destroyed the tree and returned here. They have all been of our alleged experiences, yes? Hopefully we didn't unwittingly get flooded with the memories of a bunch of other people, even if they're just manufactured.
> "Yes, there she is."
> Nod to Suwako.
> "We will be back eventually. Thank you for being the second to think I ran off with Maribel, as now I know to plan for Renko making the same assumption."
> Open a proper gap to a spot on the trail a few yards ahead of Renko and step through.

>You feel they are your memories; as much as they can be yours.
>"Well, you're welcome," says Suwako.
>You open a gap, and step through to find yourself on the same mountain trail where Renko is. It overlooks a rather beautiful valley filled with trees just beginning to blossom. Renko stares at you as you emerge in front of her, then runs toward you. "Hey! Yukari! Do you know where Maribel is, this is really important!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #778 on: September 03, 2014, 04:43:31 AM »
> Nod.
> "She is at home, getting changed our of her equally-drenched clothes and drying off. May I assume you wish to head back there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #779 on: September 03, 2014, 04:44:30 AM »
> Nod.
> "She is at home, getting changed our of her equally-drenched clothes and drying off. May I assume you wish to head back there?"

>"Yes!" she says. "What happened, did you take her or something?"

>_