Author Topic: Yukari Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 59363 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Yukari Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: September 04, 2014, 01:45:51 PM »
> "Of course. I have found that Maribel and I were whisked away to a world on the edge of reality, by an entity from beyond the threshold of reality."
> Gesture at Mary.
> "I am not surprised it was able to find me, but I admit I have not yet worked out how it found you."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #931 on: September 04, 2014, 01:55:49 PM »
> "Of course. I have found that Maribel and I were whisked away to a world on the edge of reality, by an entity from beyond the threshold of reality."
> Gesture at Mary.
> "I am not surprised it was able to find me, but I admit I have not yet worked out how it found you."

>"I couldn't tell you either," says Maribel. "And what's this it?"
>Reimu nods, waiting for you to continue.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #932 on: September 04, 2014, 02:07:39 PM »
> What does Mary's question mean?
> "This world was composed of several interconnected dimensions with bizarre and erratic borders. Many different kinds of locations; a gloomy cavern, a field of fronds, a crystal palace, a ruined outside-world city, a forest with gaps that could grow or shrink the user, a plane devoid of everything but color, a collection of floating islands, a barren wasteland with a bloody moon. There was even a frighteningly accurate recreation of Gensokyo, although the interior decorating left a lot to be desired."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: September 04, 2014, 02:24:48 PM »
> What does Mary's question mean?
> "This world was composed of several interconnected dimensions with bizarre and erratic borders. Many different kinds of locations; a gloomy cavern, a field of fronds, a crystal palace, a ruined outside-world city, a forest with gaps that could grow or shrink the user, a plane devoid of everything but color, a collection of floating islands, a barren wasteland with a bloody moon. There was even a frighteningly accurate recreation of Gensokyo, although the interior decorating left a lot to be desired."

>You expect she's asking about what "it" is that brought you there. You've not told her anything about what you've discovered at the entity's point of origin.
>"Sound pretty awful," Reimu comments.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #934 on: September 04, 2014, 02:30:33 PM »
> "Indeed. Particularly when you wake up with no idea where you are or how you got there, or any real way to defend yourself. But I found Maribel eventually, and we picked our way through the world long enough to find some interesting things, like the bubble of music I let loose on your walkway earlier."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #935 on: September 04, 2014, 02:38:29 PM »
> "Indeed. Particularly when you wake up with no idea where you are or how you got there, or any real way to defend yourself. But I found Maribel eventually, and we picked our way through the world long enough to find some interesting things, like the bubble of music I let loose on your walkway earlier."

>"I was wondering what you were talking about out there," says Reimu. "So, where's the part where this concerns Gensokyo?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #936 on: September 04, 2014, 02:46:33 PM »
> "One other very common occurrence in all of these separate dimensions was giant roots, hulking about all over the place. I discovered that these roots were composed of a few things, including carnal desires to be loved, to be worshipped...and to destroy all matter in reality."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #937 on: September 04, 2014, 02:56:40 PM »
> "One other very common occurrence in all of these separate dimensions was giant roots, hulking about all over the place. I discovered that these roots were composed of a few things, including carnal desires to be loved, to be worshipped...and to destroy all matter in reality."

>"What?" says Reimu.
>"Huh? When did you find that?" says Maribel.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #938 on: September 04, 2014, 03:08:56 PM »
> "I have my ways of discreet investigation. It certainly answered the question of why I was so much more concerned with the roots than you; they were overflowing with faith. A lesser youkai would probably not have survived contact with them."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:10:39 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #939 on: September 04, 2014, 03:12:06 PM »
> "I have my ways of discreet investigation. It certainly answered the question of why I was so much more concerned with the roots than you; they were overflowing with faith. A lesser youkai would probably not have survived contact with them."

>"How?" Reimu asks. "Who's faith?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #940 on: September 04, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
> That's a good question, actually. Would the faith the entity gathered be Reimu's, since she venerated the tree? Or was it just a natural by-product of the entity existing at all?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: September 04, 2014, 03:25:29 PM »
> That's a good question, actually. Would the faith the entity gathered be Reimu's, since she venerated the tree? Or was it just a natural by-product of the entity existing at all?

>You suspect it was a result of the entity itself; mixing the aspects of its components to create it by imbuing those memories with enough desire to want and turning that want into a kind of veneration; ceaselessly.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #942 on: September 04, 2014, 03:32:01 PM »
> "That is a bit complicated to explain. Do you remember when you venerated a tree that was struck by lightning behind your shrine?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #943 on: September 04, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
> "That is a bit complicated to explain. Do you remember when you venerated a tree that was struck by lightning behind your shrine?"

>"Please tell me you're not dragging that up again." says Reimu. "I thought it would attract more people, okay?"
>Maribel and Renko both look lost.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #944 on: September 04, 2014, 03:43:46 PM »
> Give a small grin.
> "Well, to your credit, it seems to have attracted three certain individuals. But I bring it up because the core of the entity that caused all this nonsense is, or, more accurately, was the deity from that tree."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: September 04, 2014, 03:50:19 PM »
> Give a small grin.
> "Well, to your credit, it seems to have attracted three certain individuals. But I bring it up because the core of the entity that caused all this nonsense is, or, more accurately, was the deity from that tree."

>"I thought you said it died?" says Reimu. "In fact, I'm quite certain you scolded me about that."
>"I am not quite certain what's going on," says Maribel.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #946 on: September 04, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »
> Did we do such a thing?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #947 on: September 04, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »
> Did we do such a thing?

>You did. It really was kind of a shitty thing to establish a deity then neglect it; as little as you like deities. She didn't really know what she was doing, though.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #948 on: September 04, 2014, 04:06:09 PM »
> Did we also think and/or say that it died?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #949 on: September 04, 2014, 04:17:18 PM »
> Did we also think and/or say that it died?

>Yes, and it did. Making this situation all the more puzzling if they are one and the same.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #950 on: September 04, 2014, 04:21:24 PM »
> For all that Gensokyo is the place where outside-world things go when they are forgotten, perhaps there are questions to be asked about where Gensokyo things go when they are forgotten.
> "I did, because it did. I am not sure how it reappeared. But it is true that not everyone in the room was present when this first happened. Would you like to tell the story, or shall I?"
> What do we know of any deity-related details to how Nue resolved Rinnosuke's incident?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #951 on: September 04, 2014, 04:31:29 PM »
> For all that Gensokyo is the place where outside-world things go when they are forgotten, perhaps there are questions to be asked about where Gensokyo things go when they are forgotten.
> "I did, because it did. I am not sure how it reappeared. But it is true that not everyone in the room was present when this first happened. Would you like to tell the story, or shall I?"
> What do we know of any deity-related details to how Nue resolved Rinnosuke's incident?

>For forgotten deities, weak ones vanish utterly, stronger ones generally face some sort of judgement in Higan. The latter is a rather uncommon event.
>"I'll tell it," says Reimu. "So, there was this huge tree a little ways away that got struck by lightning, and split right in half. We didn't know this at the time, but it sits right on the border, so that put a hole in it. Now, when I found it, a new tree was starting to sprout from it. I figured that must be a divine act, so I declared the tree a deity and set up a little shrine. I thought it would bring more people. Then...things happened and I kinda forgot about it for awhile."
>"That's terrible!" Maribel says.
>"Quiet, you," says Reimu. "Anyways, we come back later and find that the whole thing had healed up. I'm sure Yukari knows how, but she won't tell me."
>It would be due to those faeries moving into it; faeries are good for trees. Not that Reimu needs to know where her more entertaining neighbors live.
>"Anyways, turns out there briefly was a god there, and it died of neglect because I forgot it, and Yukari scolded me over it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #952 on: September 04, 2014, 04:42:06 PM »
> "A lesson learned, certainly. Regardless, while that deity was the core of this entity, it had also somehow acquired a vast amount of memories from somewhere. Memories from many hundreds of people, about many hundreds of people. It took these memories and imbued the people within them with enough desire to want, creating a never-ending supply of faith for itself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: September 04, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »
> "A lesson learned, certainly. Regardless, while that deity was the core of this entity, it had also somehow acquired a vast amount of memories from somewhere. Memories from many hundreds of people, about many hundreds of people. It took these memories and imbued the people within them with enough desire to want, creating a never-ending supply of faith for itself."

>Your knowledge is a little after the fact, but you're aware of what happened.
>"Didn't know they could do that," says Renko.
>"They usually can't," Reimu says, "Otherwise I'm sure a few of them would have already done it."
>"And it was the one that made that place and kidnapped us?" says Maribel.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #954 on: September 04, 2014, 04:51:18 PM »
> "It would seem so, yes. And the sheer volume of memories present with the entity would suggest any deities here won't be putting on a repeat performance."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #955 on: September 04, 2014, 04:56:17 PM »
> "It would seem so, yes. And the sheer volume of memories present with the entity would suggest any deities here won't be putting on a repeat performance."

>"Why?" says Maribel. "What did it want?"
>"Or they?" says Renko. "The way you're describing it, it sounds like it's not just one person or thing."
>"So we need to go deal with it, right?" Reimu says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #956 on: September 04, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »
> Assuming the dreadful deity that came from Nue's Avalonian sword has been properly forgotten, would it have vanished entirely, or would it have passed onto Higan?
> "It has been dealt with, and will not be bothering anyone ever again. As for what it wanted, I've already said the three desires it had. I am not sure where the desire for the destruction of reality came from, though I may look into a small inkling of an idea later."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #957 on: September 04, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »
> Assuming the dreadful deity that came from Nue's Avalonian sword has been properly forgotten, would it have vanished entirely, or would it have passed onto Higan?
> "It has been dealt with, and will not be bothering anyone ever again. As for what it wanted, I've already said the three desires it had. I am not sure where the desire for the destruction of reality came from, though I may look into a small inkling of an idea later."

>You suspect it would vanish entirely. While very strong, all that strength came from a single believer who lived that belief to its utmost.
>"And what is that inkling?" says Reimu.
>"Why did it kidnap us, though?" Maribel says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #958 on: September 04, 2014, 05:11:11 PM »
> We found that the entity was searching for something, yes?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #959 on: September 04, 2014, 05:16:49 PM »
> We found that the entity was searching for something, yes?

>You believe so.

>_