Author Topic: 东方花逐夜 ~ Touhoupachi Blissful Death v0.97  (Read 10517 times)

东方花逐夜 ~ Touhoupachi Blissful Death v0.97
« on: May 20, 2014, 02:03:17 PM »
1. Background story.
Snow , flood , elements riot...Disasters come to gensokyo.
To repair the Hakurei Barrier , characters can only seek help from the legendary Hakurei Kannushi.
However , he is having a great event in his life...

2. Controls
Arrow Keys , Z , X , shift , ESC  (similar with offical games)
alt+enter : change from window and fullscreen

fight with zun (?).
[attach=1]

3.items
P :0.005power(small),0.05power(big). Will drop 2.00 power when missing(1 power=1 bomb).

4.Gameplay
auto collect : release Z and shift for 0.5 sec. Will lose half points of  collected items.
statu : Stands for the stability  of the Hakurei Barrier . Graze to increase the slot .
When the slot exceeds the F sign (the color will change to dark blue) , shot power of character wll be doubled and autocollecting  items.
When the slot is full,you will miss.

5.Shottypes
(All shottypes are unlocked already for my poor English .)
(Special effects must be  choosen in menu.)

Reimu
A: Homing. Attacks enemies comes first. Special: Attacks enemies whom have lower HP first.
B: Wide. Special: more amulets when enemies are close.
C:Homing. Attacks enemies nearer first. Special: shots will do area damage.
D:Wide. Special: smaller hitbox.
E: made a black hole near the character , destroying all enemies. 0.5s invisiblility (press X).

Marisa
A:Straight. Special: increase focused damage and damage through enemies.
B:Straight. Special: stars will be shoot straight when focused.
C:Straight. Special: inflict additional damage for  2% of their max health per second.
D:Wide. Special : has a chance to destroy enemy  immediately. Earns 0.02 power when destroying large enemies.
E:press X to make a shield. Bullets hitting the shield will cut down your power.

6.Others
This 3-year-old game (according to ZUN's wedding) maybe a little humble and unreasonable.
Including danmaku from CAVE or other games.

The reset edition will coming soon. (maybe not :V)

7.Tips
Reimu C (special ) or Marisa B (main ) will be good. Marisa C and D seem to be too strong.

IKD is made all for  the designer's evil interest :V . Bullets are 50% faster and 25% larger than GOD. Almost meaningless.

download:(No replays can be saved .No extra stage. So it is not v1.00)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2axqt15b2j9d657/fth1_v0.97.rar
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:56:25 AM by rsy_type1 »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: 东方花逐夜 ~ Touhoupachi Blissful Death v0.97
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »
...Well this is an interesting game. I might give it more of an honest attempt beyond dying stupidly to Stage 3 midboss on Normal. Also I need to learn to graze better to get the Statu up to full. :V
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:58:33 PM »

I love it  :D

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 10:01:12 PM »
What's IKD supposed to mean, anyways? "Instant Kill Death" or something?
*is obviously not one who would know jokes or terms related to CAVE shmups due to how little he plays them*

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »
What's IKD supposed to mean, anyways? "Instant Kill Death" or something?
*is obviously not one who would know jokes or terms related to CAVE shmups due to how little he plays them*
IKD = Ikeda.  He's the main developer for most Cave games, along with YGW (Yagawa), who used to be from Raizing.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 10:20:34 PM »
Ohhh. Okay then. ^^;
*just tried IDK mode for fun and holy crap aaaaaaaaaa the pain*

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 11:05:05 PM »
IKD seems kinda silly after trying it.  It's basically the exact same thing as God, but with bigger bullets.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 12:58:17 AM »
IKD seems kinda silly after trying it.  It's basically the exact same thing as God, but with bigger bullets.

Yeah ,the designer himself says "that difficulty is meaningless and silly".
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 01:15:53 AM by rsy_type1 »

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 01:43:35 AM »
Marisa C and D seem to be too strong.
Marisa D's instant kill ability applies to bosses too, it even killed Rumia's survival card :V

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 12:46:04 AM »
Did I do something wrong? I decided today that I wanted to try this game out, so I clicked on the download link in the first post, extracted everything from the .rar file, and then I double-clicked on the "th.exe" file, and that caused the screen to go completely black and lock up the computer, requiring a hard reset. I must've done something wrong somewhere...

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »
Did I do something wrong? I decided today that I wanted to try this game out, so I clicked on the download link in the first post, extracted everything from the .rar file, and then I double-clicked on the "th.exe" file, and that caused the screen to go completely black and lock up the computer, requiring a hard reset. I must've done something wrong somewhere...
You couldn't even alt+f4 or alt-tab out?  It didn't load properly for me either when I tried doing it normally, but Chinese locale should work.

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 10:24:31 PM »
Nope, I tried Alt+Tab, Alt+F4, and Ctrl+Alt+Delete, but nothing happened. Then I tried hitting the Caps Lock key, and it didn't toggle the Caps Lock light on the keyboard, so I knew that the keyboard, and most likely the computer itself, were locked up. So, I had to reset (well, power off and then back on) the computer and have it "yell" at me for not shutting it down properly.

How do I do the Chinese locale thing?

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 10:40:02 PM »
Run it in applocale, select Chinese simplified .

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 07:52:53 PM »
UGH... Okay, I had AppLocale installed on this computer, and then tried running this game's "th.exe" through it with Chinese simplified like you said, but then the computer screen went all black and completely locked up again, just like last time! Is there something wrong with the game itself that's locking up the computer on me? I'm using Windows 7, by the way, in case that matters.

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 06:19:51 PM »
Well, this is interesting... I recently purchased the set of three eXceed Gun Bullet Children games during a Steam sale last week, and the first eXceed game locked up this computer the same way that Touhoupachi Blissful Death did to me a few months ago. Since my brother also owns the eXceed games, and they work fine on his computer, I had him check out the computer I'm using, and I guess it turned out there was a problem with the video card or something. With that fixed, the first eXceed game AND this Touhoupachi Blissful Death (THPBD) game now run on this computer without locking up! (And I guess I didn't need AppLocale for THPBD after all.)

So, now having played through Simple mode with Reimu A, I have a few comments and questions:

Is there a way to get THPBD to always start up in windowed mode? It's annoying to me for it to always start up in full screen mode. Even though a simple Alt+Enter will change it to windowed mode, it still starts up in full screen mode the next time I open it.

What's the "Money" value for (just above the the "Statu" gauge), and how do you increase it? It was always showing zero for me during my playthrough.

I'm not a fan of how if you fill the "Statu" gauge completely by grazing a lot, it kills you. That ended up happening to me on my last life of my first attempt during the final boss, and at first I was like "What the heck just killed me?!" because I still had some power left, and was prepared to bomb to get out of any hairy situations to stay alive. It doesn't seem natural to have to intentionally avoid grazing to stay alive...

Speaking of grazing, it seems like I have to get my hitbox unusually close to most bullets for the graze to count. Or does Reimu in particular just have an unusually small grazebox in this game?

Also, is there any way to earn 1-ups besides the ones that the midbosses in stages 1, 3, and 5 give you?

I did enjoy a lot of the bullet patterns, bosses, and music in this game, BTW. It really got me pumped when I recognized the Ar Tonelico II music in stage 2! And the final boss battle was really cool!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 10:30:47 PM »
Additional information according to help file: border gauge will deplete faster if you're not shooting. Also, if you stop shooting for about half a minute you will autocollect items, but they will lose half of their original score if collected this way.

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 12:10:53 AM »
Additional information according to help file: border gauge will deplete faster if you're not shooting. Also, if you stop shooting for about half a minute you will autocollect items, but they will lose half of their original score if collected this way.
Thanks, although I figured those out already. Also, it's "half a second", not "half a minute", and it turns out that you also have to let go of the focus key as well to auto-collect that way.

Does the help file say anything regarding the "Money" stat, or if there are other ways to earn 1-ups besides as item drops from certain midbosses?

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 03:31:00 AM »
Thanks, although I figured those out already. Also, it's "half a second", not "half a minute", and it turns out that you also have to let go of the focus key as well to auto-collect that way.

Does the help file say anything regarding the "Money" stat, or if there are other ways to earn 1-ups besides as item drops from certain midbosses?

The "Money" stat is meaningless.

The producer has been making a new version of this game. Revamping stages enemies and spellcards.

However he went to write a novel and shelved this plan.

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 09:57:41 PM »
In case anyone's interested, I made some videos of me playing through Touhoupachi Blissful Death with ReimuA on the Simple difficulty:

Stages 1 and 2
Stages 3 and 4
Stage 5
Stage 6 and credits