Author Topic: Having strange issues with a ph3 script...  (Read 1837 times)

Having strange issues with a ph3 script...
« on: February 02, 2014, 07:57:49 PM »
Recently, I've downloaded a script from Bulletforge, and when I looked inside of it, the layout seemed... strange. I'm not talking about the .dnh files in place of .txt files, but looking at some of these, I didn't see anything that resembled a plural or even a stage script. I decided to wing it and try directly opening through the directory menu. I saw two scripts that did appear in the menu, so I went to try them. After picking my character, Danmakufu throws an error at me, and kicks me back. Keep in mind that I didn't see the script in Plural or Stage, and yes, I made sure I put it in the right folder. If you need to know what script it was, it was this one: http://bulletforge.heroku.com/u/ultima124/p/yukari-pre-build/v/v06a

Can I get some help?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Having strange issues with a ph3 script...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »
Ultima packages the player and actual script separately.

In the Ph3 Yukari Boss folder, there is a Plural.dnh.

This script is meant to be run via Package.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
There it is. Took a while for it to come up in the Plural. But when I went to pick it, and select my character, I'm hit with the following.
Code: [Select]
INFO_DELAY_COLOR???????`???????q????
C:\Danmakufu\th_dnh_ph3\script/Ph3 Yukari Boss\UltimaEngine/UltimaEngine.dnh
UltimaEngine.dnh 750?s??

??
        dc = GetShotDataInfoA1(ObjShot_GetImageID(ID),TARGET_ENEMY,INFO_DELAY_COLOR);
        ObjRender_SetColor(objde,dc[0],d
?`?`?`
Still kicks me back. >_<

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »
eh-
Please update your Danmakufu Ph3 engine and try again. The INFO_DELAY_COLOR function hasn't been in the engine forever.

I'm sorry if this isn't the problem since I have never tried that script myself.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 11:44:40 PM »
Uh yeah you need to update to atleast pre 15 sadly, the older ph3 updates have been taken down. However everything should work just fine on 0.1 pre2.

oh man I should actually finish this script.

Ultima packages the player and actual script separately.

In the Ph3 Yukari Boss folder, there is a Plural.dnh.

This script is meant to be run via Package.

No, that was only Sanae that had a package, and I did include the player script.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:46:56 PM by Infinite Ultima Wave »

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 12:26:37 AM »
Ah, got it. Well, it works, now. Never knew that Danmakufu would update while still under the "ph3" suffix. Thanks a lot.

Drake

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 12:41:47 AM »
Yes, our labeling of 0.12m vs. ph3 is not really the best thing, since 0.12m is a version number of the original engine, and ph3 is the name for the new engine, which itself has version numbers. We just use 0.12m to refer to the old engine since it will never be updated. ph3 is totally not a version number.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -