Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 259094 times)

So I'm still having the same issue that I did back when I got Earthen Miraculous Sword after playing Evanescent Existence

When I boot up the game, it goes to a black screen, pressing X once brings up the credits, then doing so again brings up a formation of white dots moving. In Earthen it was a horizontal bar going up and down the screen and in Reactivate it is a left scrolling wavy form and that's all I get. Now Evanescent worked perfectly fine. Extracted into a folder I have for all my Shmups and stuff, and worked, kept all replays as well as all my play progress (like keeping extra unlocked).

I DID manage to get Earthen to work by opening the game file or whatever with one of them archive programs or whatever. But heard there were issues with the TLB so never got to experience that. As well as if I close the game and save my files, like the program asks me to do so each time, they are completely gone and I have to start over again. I bet this is going to happen with Reactivate, but I first want to know if anyone knows how to fix this so I don't lose my files and can play it normally. If so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Seeing as how all the recent discussion in this thread is about a newly released game in the series, I think this thread deserves a more relevant title. Does this seem good?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:25:10 AM by Karisa »

So I'm still having the same issue that I did back when I got Earthen Miraculous Sword after playing Evanescent Existence

When I boot up the game, it goes to a black screen, pressing X once brings up the credits, then doing so again brings up a formation of white dots moving. In Earthen it was a horizontal bar going up and down the screen and in Reactivate it is a left scrolling wavy form and that's all I get. Now Evanescent worked perfectly fine. Extracted into a folder I have for all my Shmups and stuff, and worked, kept all replays as well as all my play progress (like keeping extra unlocked).

I DID manage to get Earthen to work by opening the game file or whatever with one of them archive programs or whatever. But heard there were issues with the TLB so never got to experience that. As well as if I close the game and save my files, like the program asks me to do so each time, they are completely gone and I have to start over again. I bet this is going to happen with Reactivate, but I first want to know if anyone knows how to fix this so I don't lose my files and can play it normally. If so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't really get what it looks like but the way it sounds, it reminds me what you get if you try to run the same without having dat.led file in the same folder with game executable.

Did you actually extract the whole game archive when you try to play the game? It sounds like you try to run only executable file (that's why you don't have data file so everything is black) or run the game directly from archive (that's why you lose your game progress).
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
Goodness, the Extra Boss' last spellcard and the hidden Extra Boss' first spellcard are both insane!  I've no idea on how to capture them, or at least get through without wasting 2ish lives!

EDIT:

Also regarding the passives, Shitodo's Passive is that she regenerates that flashbomb gauge passively.   Saragimaru's passive is, as far as I can tell, having a flash bomb that injures enemies.   Also, whenever they fill a spirit gauge layer their flash bomb meter increases VERY quickly.  To the point you can drop two or even three flash bombs one after the other and still end it with a full gauge.

It seems that Sukune and Yaorochi's spirit gauge layer passive is having both them shooting at once.  No clue about Yabusame's team's, but I think it has to do with autobombing. 

Anyone knows Tsubakura's secret passive?

The passive abilities are active when the character in question is in the backseat (at the bottom of the screen). During Spirit Mode, getting hit will automatically counterbomb for you.

Spirit Mode Ability: Auto collect items and grant the Power to both characters
Yabusame: Automatically moves to collect items
Tsubakura: Grants the primary character the ability to collect spirit items
The "secret" the manual refers to is probably being able to hit the stage 6 boss through one of the spellcards... I think

Spirit Mode Ability: Both characters attack at the same time
Sukune: Items move towards Sukune
Yaorochi: Deals damage to all enemies and clears all bullets on the screen when the Flash Bomb gauge reaches MAX

Spirit Mode Ability: Regenerate your Flash Bomb gauge rapidly
Kuroji: Increases the amount of Flash Bomb generated by grazing
Saragimaru: Passively regenerates your Flash Bomb gauge

Read the title as "Last Game" and got worried. But google translate of his blog says he IS moving on from Len'En. Is that accurate?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Okay Reactivate Majestical Imperial Unreal 1cc video is up.

Did a bit less rough run.
I'll mess around with Absurdly Extra a bit but it just looks literally impossible so I wouldn't hold your breath.
In the final spell the whole screen is just literally completely black and white with bullets that you can't cancel with bombs.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:39:20 AM by Jaimers »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
By literally impossible you mean impossible for human beings or just plain impossible period even through TASing?

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
By literally impossible you mean impossible for human beings or just plain impossible period even through TASing?

Watch this, and imagine something 50 times worse than what you're thinking of.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Well, I managed to clear her final spell the other day with just two or three bombs by doing a small 'cheating' I did back with Saragimaru's strange nonspells in EMS. 

If you keep shooting unfocused and press X, you don't use a bomb unless you're hit.  So if you keep shooting and tapping X, X, X, X, you will basically autobomb whenever you're hit.  It makes your shooting stop a bit whenever you press X, so it's a bit of loss of power for the price of a guaranteed autobomb.  Maybe it would help Jaimers!

Jaimers

Well, I managed to clear her final spell the other day with just two or three bombs by doing a small 'cheating' I did back with Saragimaru's strange nonspells in EMS. 

If you keep shooting unfocused and press X, you don't use a bomb unless you're hit.  So if you keep shooting and tapping X, X, X, X, you will basically autobomb whenever you're hit.  It makes your shooting stop a bit whenever you press X, so it's a bit of loss of power for the price of a guaranteed autobomb.  Maybe it would help Jaimers!

This made me think a bit and I figured that if you use a turbo that presses fast but not too fast you can make a designated autobomb button.
A turbo with a 0.25 second delay seems to make you autobomb 100% of the time with minimum power loss.

I tried the stage a bit with this method and got halfway through the survival spell before game over.
I got 78 million and I know for a fact that there are extends at 80 and 100 million. Not sure where I'm going to get that extra 20 million from though as there don't seem to be very milkable patterns unlike the previous extra.

Anyway replay attached. Not sure if I can get any further than that.
The sound spellcard, the survival and the final spell are all super retarded and I can't really get any damage in.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:12:15 PM by Jaimers »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Ooooops I quoted myself insted of modifying the original post :x

EDIT: OMG this game is awesome, maybe the best one from the Len'en series. The third first stages aren't sooo hard like the second game. The fourth boss and the sixth stage are a good surprise and the spellcard patterns are awesome. Also it has beautiful song and backgrounds and nice new characters. 10/10, go play it now :)

Does anyone get framerate problems with this game? The title screen is fine, but the game always starts out at 5 fps or drops down there for me.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Anyway replay attached. Not sure if I can get any further than that.

Oh sweet jesus.

When even Giant Rotary Bone goes full retard you know something's terribly wicked about JynX.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
Interesting exploit I found regarding items:

If you are at the very bottom of the screen, and then focus, when you collect the items, the character in the back's item hitbox is larger than the primary character's item hitbox, so the items get absorbed by the character in the back.
Additionally, there is also a "sweetspot" where both characters collect the power. The sweetspot is just slightly above the bottom of the screen.

I wonder if both players can also collect lives or bombs?  :wat:

Anyway replay attached.

Good lord that survival is ridiculous!  :o

If the survival is that unbearable just imagine the last card! 
Spoiler:
IF SESE IS THAT RIDICULOUS IMAGINE ALPHA SESE

Anyway I'm happy you found the little trick I discovered useful Jaimers!  I've always been a fan of your vids!  I'm sure that with a bit of time and studying the patterns you're gonna figure something out!  Maybe pick another pattern to milk off more points for extra lives?  I think that if you had one or two more stocks you would've definitely gotten it!

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Spoiler:
IF SESE IS THAT RIDICULOUS IMAGINE ALPHA SESE

That makes me worried how bad
Spoiler:
Necropetence
is...  :(
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
I wonder if both players can also collect lives or bombs?  :wat:

So I went to go try this out... and yes, both players DO collect lives and bombs simultaneously using the exploit. Jaimers, perhaps this can give you enough lives to beat Absurdly Extra?

EDIT:
Oops.. I completely overlooked my score  (10 million) :V... I will still try to see if I can get it to work with lives, though
EDIT2:
As said below, the character in the back cannot pick up Life or Bomb Items... I guess this exploit only works with Power, then (which is still sort of helpful, I suppose)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:15:12 PM by gtbot »

I will still try to see if I can get it to work with lives, though

A quick check on Stage 6 shows that rear character cannot collect bombs and, quite likely, lives too. So, while power trick really works, double collection of lives/bomb can't happen because of that :(
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Jaimers

I don't care anymore.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
Ah, yeah, I just discovered that a few minutes ago :(

I don't care anymore.
the absurdly extra version of that last spellcard just shows how horribly random it is (sometimes there's no gaps and then sometimes there's a huge gap...)

Spoiler:
damn, you were so close though
i could feel it when you died at the end
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:38:54 PM by gtbot »

Oh my.... SO CLOSE :( That's really frustrating.

Nevertheless, thank you a lot for your efforts, really. It's still great to see such skills. For some reason, I can't get rid of the thought that JynX was annoyed when you managed to beat ABEXs of previous two games so he made this one...

Btw, about "sound" spellcard. I don't get, why the sound volume lowers there? I don't hear anything useful which might be used to clear that spellcard.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:01:45 PM by Necrotek »

The volume lowers because it's a reference to the three sacred monkeys.  Speak no Evil (Everything turns Back), See no Evil (bullets vanish and only appear close to you) and Hear no Evil (Effects' sound are lowered).

Oh goodness Jaimers, that was close!!  But I'm certain you can do it!

I see. So it doesn't really have any use.

I still have really tiny hope to see ABEX beaten, especially now when it was proved to be "manageable". Though I have no rights to press on that, the stage is a completely new level of retardness.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
So...anyone wanna try TASing it to see if it really is completely impossible? :V

Didn't really get what it looks like but the way it sounds, it reminds me what you get if you try to run the same without having dat.led file in the same folder with game executable.

Did you actually extract the whole game archive when you try to play the game? It sounds like you try to run only executable file (that's why you don't have data file so everything is black) or run the game directly from archive (that's why you lose your game progress).

I ended up downloading the updated Earthen and just ran it through the archiver program which lets it work perfectly fine.
Also, i did a pretty okay run on Reactivate's easy extra (I KNOW I SUCK OKAY?!) And just missed 200 million. All dem lives. Just gotta work on that last spell of Extra a bit.

I figured out some way to make stage 5 on normal a bit easier. Section in question is pretty trivial until the last part, though (not to mention short). Not sure if I was lucky with the safespot here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezpy0KdFEOo&feature=youtu.be

I can't confirm if this is usable on the higher difficulties yet since I was trying to 1cc normal on this run. (the len'en games don't like the recording set up I use if you are wondering why its at 30 fps in the video)

From my 1cc on normal. Replay file
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:28:56 AM by t_prinny »

So...anyone wanna try TASing it to see if it really is completely impossible? :V
Just to beat it or achieving NMNB?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Just beating it will do. Can't imagine NMNBing it even through TASing if it's humanly impossible to just beat it.

Jaimers

Uploaded a video of it.

I still have really tiny hope to see ABEX beaten

Just imagine me pressing the bomb button at the end there and there you have it. Unless you mean with the TLB but that is simply not happening.
This run already took an obscene amount of luck that I'll probably never recreate, so as far as I'm concerned it's a clear.

I don't understand though.  I could swear someone posted a video of the double-lives thing actually working.  And in the extra stage nonetheless.  Can't it be recreated?  The extra stage drops 3 lives in total, if I remember correctly.  Doubling those would almost definitely win you the run!

Well, if you really saw one, you might try to check your history of visited websites and find that video. Otherwise, for now it seems to be not possible to double lives.