Author Topic: [Music] Marcato Sound -- Fate of Life ~ A Heart of Blazing Fire (Fan Song)  (Read 2254 times)

Hello new friends! Coming out of the flying blue is... this guy.

So I've been into the touhou fandom for quite a while now, although I never directly involved myself in any community of the sort. However if there's one thing I involved myself in more than anything it's definitely the music, both original and fanmade.

The touhou music has inspired me in so many ways, to the point of driving me to make my own fan song. (connected to a fictional touhou story I came up with, but that's for another thread perhaps.)

Either way I wrote a song inspired by the touhou music style, a more chiptune and stereo-mixed kind of video game soundtrack. This song is the theme of a character I made up named Kasai Kazara, who is the final boss of my fictional touhou game. (Don't hurt me I know it's a lousy name! D: ) The character herself is quite a bit like Okuu, in that she's extremely overpowered and arrogant/full of herself. But she also get's very, very angry. (And pretty much stops thinking when she gets angered even slightly.)

Anyways, without any further delay here it is! ^_^ Hope you all enjoy and find it interesting.

Fate of Life ~ A Heart of Blazing Fire (Currently only a Soundcloud link is available.)

EDIT: The link has been fixed... sorry.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:23:44 PM by SilverMarcato »

Oh wow, this is really good... I honestly don't know what else to say, you really capture ZUN's style.

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
other than the notes sounding off in one spot, that was, amazing. Kinda speachless.

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
Wow, this is great, it seriously sounds like something that ZUN would make. Good job.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Pretty good song, nice job :)

Which DAW did you use to make it?

other than the notes sounding off in one spot, that was, amazing. Kinda speachless.

Is this spot between 0:52 and 1:02?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Re: [Music] Marcato Sound -- Fate of Life ~ A Heart of Blazing Fire (Fan Song)
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 06:52:15 PM »
Pretty good song, nice job :)

Which DAW did you use to make it?

Thanks! ^_^
I used FL Studio believe it or not. Combined with the Touhou Soundfont I've had lying around, I used some stereo-enhancers and custom reverbs to make the sounds match a little more with the TH6 - 9.5 era. ^^;

I intend on making more music, and already have another song (or two) in the works. Not sure if I'll be able to repeat the quality of this one though. x)