Author Topic: Raikaria's Adventures at a Convention - Now with Eggman!  (Read 1977 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Raikaria's Adventures at a Convention - Now with Eggman!
« on: July 12, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »
Anyone else going to London Anime Con next weekend?

Cause I'll be there, and if anyone else is going, we can meet up and stuff.

It's my first con, and I'm not cosplaying or anything [Couldn't get anything sorted, don't know how to either].

I'll also probobly use this thread after the event to talk about my first Con experience, and any pictures I get or stuff of cool stuff.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 10:39:04 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Re: For those other Britlanders out there
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 03:50:39 AM »
I might be, not registered so tickets on the day for me.

I'll also mostly be there late if I am, I frequent the two club nights who are doing music-y stuff saturday night.
Getting back to surrey if I miss the last train is always fun and often results in drunken adventures and/or fairly long walks.

Just be warned this con or the group who run it do have rather a bad rep, although have improved a lot over the years from what I can make out. Don't expect the organisation to be flawless.

Shit but kinda fun is what I'm expecting, hopefully with good people to talk with.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:56:49 PM »
Just be warned this con or the group who run it do have rather a bad rep, although have improved a lot over the years from what I can make out. Don't expect the organisation to be flawless.

I think I gave Rai this message before (or something along those line) as I know first-hand what AL is like.

I won't be at any of their events. I'll be at AyaCon in August, though, if either of you are heading to that. (Or anyone else, for that matter.)
It's nice to see people on here aiming for UK cons. ^^

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »
Well, Day 1 over.

I played a Naruto Ninja Storm 3 tounry, despite having only played 2, and actually didn't go out in R1. The reaction from the spectators when I picked Konan was hilarious. Then I kicked butt. I almost beat the eventual winner in R2 when I lost.

I also met the voices of Dr.Eggman and Grimmjow, and was involved in the Dub that Anime event involveing them judgeing, and came 3rd.

Met a shedload of people.

It's good that I'm wetting my feet at a smaller event.

As for organization, all I've seen is things fell behind a little because the Talent Show overran a fair bit and there was a technical fault at one point.

Sadly seen no Touhou fans or stuff. [Although I did see some Vocaloid stuff, and by Vocaloid I mean Miku].

Best cosplay I saw was FMA's robot guy [I don't watch FMA].

Finally, I learnt that among the okatu crowd, I'm apparently popular with females. Which is a first for any crowd I've ever been with. I had quite a few girls make passes at me. Which I was totally unprepared for and messed up probobly because I have no clue at all how to attract females or respond to ones interested, AND I'm about as shy as your average Hinata-like female... except I'm male. Although one did give me a kiss on the cheek, so maybe I did something right with that one. Raikaria swag-mode is probobly painful to see.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 10:43:25 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Re: Raikaria's Adventures at a Convention - Now with Eggman!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 12:41:11 AM »
I was there from  about 5PM onwards downstairs.

best cosplays I noticed were the sailor moon and the SAO couple,  so nothing impressive or odd.

I have no interest in pulling cosplayers, quite happy with my current other half; much as it was fun back in the day.
It did get so quiet quite early on, was slowly emptying when I left.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:49:30 AM by Think Komachi with a Rifle »