Author Topic: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - WORLD BACKUPS AVAILABLE!  (Read 194610 times)

Re: [Minecraft] [1.7.10] MotK Minecraft Server - Scaling Back Operations!
« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2014, 07:20:18 AM »
I'm not into building over than in Creative Modo :V
But some events would be fun though

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #331 on: August 31, 2014, 03:18:30 PM »
After some time of, well, not being able to get back into the server, I finally managed to a few minutes ago...

Only for none of my chests to open, the ability to not sleep, and spawning frozen surrounded by dirt after re-connecting to see if it was a glitch~ :V

Then again, it has almost been a month since anyone said anything round here~

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2014, 10:05:51 PM »
Well that is peculiar. I'm going to have to enter the desolate land once more to verify.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #333 on: September 01, 2014, 11:37:26 PM »
Just been in and spent a good while in there. Whatever problem I had has since been fixed; so whether you did something to it or not EP, it certainly is a lot better.

Been working on something in the snow. Not quite sure what I'll be doing with it in the end, but I want to play around a bit and build something a little extreme... well, for me, anyway. I don't usually get these sort of ideas in Minecraft~ :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2014, 02:39:48 AM »
I hear 1.8 will be arriving soon, possibly tomorrow. Given Spigot has already stated 1.8 compatibility, a quick update may be possible.
Bad command or file name

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #335 on: September 02, 2014, 10:00:14 AM »
>Boots up Minecraft.

>Minecraft 1.8 - The Bountiful Update.

Yep. It's updated. Let me know when the server has too; might poke Puppy into coming back onto the server when you do~ ^^
{And maybe others on here, if we can.}

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Minecraft] [1.7.10] MotK Minecraft Server - 1.8-compatible!
« Reply #336 on: September 04, 2014, 07:52:24 AM »
Ran updates to the server. 1.8 clients will be able to connect, but because the server base code is still for 1.7.10, those who do will be unable to use any of 1.8's new items and features.

I have also shrunk the new survival world to X/Z +/- 2048, so we can generate some new chunks later for 1.8 without ballooning the existing world size. While I am rather assured that no one had bases out there worth holding on to (the bases I knew were within that perimeter), and that a backup I did included anything that was - yet, if there was anything out there, please let me know ASAP! I'd rather be notified sooner than later.

From initial testing, the RAM downgrade doesn't affect playing all that much, but it does choke the systems harder (especially if doing, say, terrain generation).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:01:23 AM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
Re: [Minecraft] [1.7.10] MotK Minecraft Server - 1.8 compatible!
« Reply #337 on: September 04, 2014, 01:11:43 PM »
Just been back on it now... seems to be fine for the most part. Some blocks flicker a fair bit once mined, but otherwise, it's okay. Some items in the chests back at the spawn area don't appear properly, though~

Anyhow, working in some snow here and there~ ^^

« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2014, 02:08:57 AM »
So, Hi guys. I felt like returning to minecraft and was wondering if this server was still being used? I have been on a few times and seen no one on it.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2014, 04:49:33 AM »
It's certainly been quiet. Hell, even I've not been on it for the past few weeks.

At this rate it is probably a vintage carryover from another era :U

I will just say that 1.8.x updates are possible but it may be another month or so.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #340 on: October 23, 2014, 01:47:21 AM »
So, I am having trouble logging onto the server. I got on once, but then it booted me. Is something happening with the server?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Minecraft] [1.7.10] MotK Minecraft Server - IP SWITCH IMPENDING
« Reply #341 on: October 23, 2014, 03:37:00 AM »
That is a bit strange. As far as I am aware of, there aren't any noticeable issues (even with the other players that pop in every once in a blue moon)....

EDIT: An IP address change will occur in the next few days, due to the server host being acquired by another company and the resulting switch of server infrastructure. I will let you all know what the new IP is once that occurs.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:34:25 PM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #342 on: October 29, 2014, 11:28:37 PM »
In that case, I ask to be added onto the whitelist when the server is done with that.

IGN: FlamingRok
(real original I know)

Can't wait to die plenty on the server.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #343 on: October 30, 2014, 03:28:21 AM »
It hasn't occurred yet; also given your new registration, I'll ask that you partake more in the community first then ask again (and search for your UUID at that, as names alone are no longer satisfactory).
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Minecraft] [1.7.10] MotK Minecraft Server - IP SWITCH COMPLETE
« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2014, 06:37:58 PM »
IP address has been moved.

NEW IP: 192.169.44.21:47387
DYNMAP: http://192.169.44.21:8123/

Still no new developments concerning Spigot or Sponge for 1.8.x. But while we wait, what's your thoughts on installing Carbon to add some 1.8 stuff in? This will of course force everyone to use 1.8, but until we get a proper release this might work.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 06:49:32 PM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - This STILL exists?! :o
« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2015, 09:28:45 PM »
I did take a look at server logs a few weeks ago and was very surprised to see that played did, indeed, connect since January. My previous server activity criterion, however, was already triggered by an absolute lack of players for at least 30 straight days before the new year, so I was debating scaling back and shutting it down. But it doesn't seem like it's ready to do so.

So here is the first part of news - I did roughly install 1.8  fully on the server, so its new additions can be utilised too!

However. we have had to switch from Essentials (which has had no dev builds of any kind since September) to CommandBook as the primary command plugin. Among this and other changes, the following issues are already noted:
  • All warps and home locations are removed. I went and re-enabled world ones and Hakutown, but that is about it thus far. Working build found!
  • Logblock is having issues due to a server switch (will resolve that with host later) Issue fixed, but logs are completely wiped until now.
  • Some commands are different between Essentials and Craftbook (eg. /warps list), and there are new commands too. Back to Essentials.
  • No new AdvWorlds yet.
  • The 1.1 worlds have mysteriously disappeared! :o I don't have a backup on my end either, so maybe it's lost to the ages....

Second piece of information - due to the previous criterion being matched (and with the assistance of the plugin switch), I am deciding to move on to a new set of worlds and start anew at the end of the month. Now, I know, the whole new world system was meant to address such concerns and encourage activity, but I am highly of the opinion we should restructure this further to better entice new activity. I won't abandon them entirely though - all worlds will be backed up and shared, the Creative ones and the museum are likely to exist as-is, and schematic imports for certain projects are in consideration.

Several other things I have noted these past few days:
  • The alternate stone and sandstone double slab recipes are unusable; blame Mojang for disallowing double slabs to be held as items. They can still be on the world map, however; if you want to use those, build with normal stone/sandstone double slabs then ask me to change them over.
  • Fireproof wood slabs no longer have an item texture, so you get a giant purple-black chequerboard block when you hold them. The crafting recipe and world placement remain fine.
  • Player protections do not always obey name changes, especially if they were made pre-1.7.5. Solution would be to change name back or to ask me to modify said permissions.
  • Spawns are per-world now, but I think that is easy to change.
  • Minecarts despawn immediately upon dismount - maybe something is overly sensitive?
  • I've investigated the possibility of personal mini-worlds with the impending refresh, whose rules and generation could be customised to some degree. If limited at 256x256 blocks (for a size comparison, that would cover much of inner Hakutown), I think it's a very manageable proposition when it comes to HDD space; however, RAM utilisation is the biggest issue given our paltry setup.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:11:18 PM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
Re: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - Still running, it seems!
« Reply #346 on: March 24, 2015, 01:15:55 AM »
Making a new house for the new map. Even bigger, and going back to sunny colors. (probably going to go back to my sunny skin)
Starting fresh is nice, as it gives people something to do. Playing too long feels dragged out.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #347 on: March 25, 2015, 02:33:36 PM »
One thing up, another thing down?

I've lately noticed that dynmap is having a tendency to erase all pre-rendered tiles and redirect to a file listing after a while. I'm practically clueless at the moment why that is, though rebooting server periodically does help.

On the bright side, at least LogBlock is working again, albeit with newly made logs.
Bad command or file name

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #348 on: March 25, 2015, 05:57:53 PM »
My technician mind still longs for a high-tech play with MotK.
Though, I'm afraid while it costs half of my tuition, it won't happen any time soon. Damn. Should've bought it while it was cheap.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #349 on: March 25, 2015, 07:09:41 PM »
Another quick addition - I found an Essentials build that works, meaning previous homes/warps/commands tied to that plugin are operating normally again! \o/\

Additionally Stuffman's ancient 1.1 world backups were still available so I can easily convert and fill them in. Seems Multiverse has an option for 1.1-style generation, hm... (though I doubt anyone will be building new stuff there, haha).

Though, I'm afraid while it costs half of my tuition, it won't happen any time soon. Damn. Should've bought it while it was cheap.
We can arrange something after world refresh.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:12:16 PM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #350 on: March 26, 2015, 08:32:21 PM »
Pretty much find that the downgrades to the server cause too much lag for me.

Also cant find any of the new stone types in Newworld.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:27:46 AM by Cadmas »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #351 on: March 27, 2015, 07:50:49 PM »
You'd have to go further out for those - Newworld itself was made in 1.7.3 IIRC, but re-expanded for 1.8.

While the RAM downgrade from ages ago has been noted to give some increased issues, it may alternately be due to changes in the hosting location (Dallas to Seattle) made some time ago by host. Given the effects of this have been quite pronounced lately for some of us on the east coast, it's likely I'll be negotiating for re-moving the server to a central location.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:00:04 PM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #352 on: March 28, 2015, 07:12:48 PM »
I have no complaints to it being so close by. Connection is much smoother. :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2015, 11:10:16 PM »
Well some benefitted from that change, but others did not. :P

The individual world idea is put on hiatus for now due to these load concerns.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #354 on: March 29, 2015, 03:59:03 AM »
Well I'm not having much luck, got killed in a lag-fit and my inventory is lost.

Welp don't ever download mcpatcher anymore. Its full of installers. They're are too many mod sites now I don't even know which one to trust.

Wheat farm not working too well. Might have to move the farm out of the village and start with a new farmer.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:46:46 AM by Cadmas »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #355 on: April 01, 2015, 02:48:36 AM »
So I am here to report and correct more things.

First, just to clarify, the new world from the multiworlds mega-update is not the new world I am promising. I have since renamed it to oldWorld2 in chat logs. So I have attached a preview of a possible new spawn (though now, I feel like I'm being a tad too generous and/or planning too far ahead....).
EDIT: Nah, I canned that spawn in favour of something much more simple.

I'll also say that things progressed more slowly than I had planned, so it may take a few more days to get the base world up and clear the plugin base. Other addons like AdvWorld will probably come afterwards.

Next up, PearlXP is confirmed to have problems with 1.8, as it uses an older XP calculation routine. An alternate method that turns XP to enchant bottles will be in place. (Rather comically, it does remind me of the 1.3.1 PearlXP XP duping bug, except in the inverse...:getdown:)

There's also block type issues with leaves in player inventories, but given the near future that point will be largely moot.

Lastly, given the sheer scope of the impending changes, I'll consider a new thread when the new world is live.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:52:23 AM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - Update pending!
« Reply #356 on: April 11, 2015, 10:53:31 AM »
Server updates are in progress; it will be inaccessible for the time being. New world and most configurations are done; now I'm mostly waiting on backups to finish and have a few more configurations to do afterwards.

I am right now too tired to make a changelog, so I'll post that later. What I can say for now is that the old world hasn't disappeared at all (and neither have your items, shopkeepers, etc.), but it'll take more than simple warps to get back there.
Bad command or file name

Re: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - Update pending!
« Reply #357 on: April 11, 2015, 10:33:27 PM »
Says I'm not on the whitelist.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - Refreshing Update Patched!
« Reply #358 on: April 12, 2015, 01:49:00 AM »
UPDATE HERE since I don't want to double-post:
I would like to have decisions regarding implementing the below instead of the current situation. I'm aware at least one player was well on his way to achieving this, but I've also received many confused looks and criticism with this implementation.

I have found a way to both move players automatically and keep inventories after investigating the use of join plugins, alleviating the biggest issue with my original new world-based proposal. Granted, this does mean one can now warp from old->new worlds, and it does mean that you'll be sucked back to new spawn every time you join (for now), but this is far more in-line with my original intentions, and greatly reduces the current implementation's comically absurd disincentive for building on new world.

Additionally, the whole quest idea can be made easier - you'll still need to find and make a way to old world complete with evidence, but this time the way back is already provided. With the full unlocks, the auto-moving join plugin will get disabled. The method of access remains the same.

Limitations until quest is done:
  • Warps: from Old world, all warps. From New World: Creative (not flat) + Museum and AdvWorld 2 are accessible.
  • AdvWorld 1: Tied to Old World inventories. Locked until a player is confirmed to enter New World.
  • /spawn: For New World, use /warp nspawn or /warp newworld.
  • /home: Only valid in Old World . New World users are still able to use beds to set spawn points.

The original incentive for this was to encourage building in new world while keeping old world as-is (due to popular pressure). While it is indeed inconvenient - and the new world is rather unfurnished right now -I see this as a way to fulfil that goal, all while placing greater emphasis on the community players' agendas and role whilst making it not too stressful on my part to administer.

Changelog:

SERVER SYSTEM
  • ADDED: New main world! This will default as the new spawn, and all players will spawn here on next login; inventories are separate from old world (more on that later). Schematics from old world will not be considered for import, however.
  • AdvWorld 1 and 2 are remade with custom generator. AdvWorld 1 services old world, and AdvWorld 2 caters to the new one. There are no differences other than the world generator's randomisation.
  • Nethers and Ends are treated as a subset of AdvWorlds now, right down to restrictions and settings. Generation remains normal.
  • Current world information will be broadcast when warping or connecting in
  • REMOVED: Hardland, 1.7.3 New World, and Creative Nether + End, due to a lack of activity
PLUGIN/CUSTOM CONTENT CHANGES
  • ADDED: XP cash-in via spawners. Interact with one to get the XP saved in Bottles of Enchanting.
  • ADDED: Recipes for Red Sand, Sunflowers, Allium, Peony, Lilac, Double Tall Grass, and Tall Ferns
  • ADDED: The ability to have two /home locations! Type /sethome <name> to specify the name of a home.
  • ADDED: /delhome <home> command to make managing multiple homes easier
  • ADDED: Hiring shopkeepers! (this will be used later)
  • REMOVED: PearlXP (defective in 1.8).
  • REMOVED: Stone Brick recipes (1.8 has stock recipes).
  • REMOVED: Admin-tier items in admin stores (due to 1.8 anvil mechanics changes making them easy to repair).
  • REMOVED: High-level enchanted books at admin stores (1.8, *again*, this time in that it will not grant non-stock levels).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:33:50 AM by DX7_EP »
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
I'd have to say I'd like that implementation better than what we have now. Forcing players to spawn in new world would definitely require them to play here much more to unlock old world again, instead of having access to old world and everything we've accumulated over the past long while.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>