Author Topic: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?! Version 2.04  (Read 102496 times)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Re: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?! Version 2.04
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 03:57:14 PM »
>Listen in as we head closer.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
>Listen in as we head closer.
>You try your best to listen into their conversation as you fly towards them, but the two stop talking as they notice you flying towards them.
>As you approach, Tenshi draws her sword. Iku seems to be trying to calm Tenshi down to little effect.
>"What did you do?"

>_

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 02:59:08 PM »
> Stop at a reasonable distance from Tenshi and express confusion at her distress.
> "I believe I unsealed heaven. What's the matter?"

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 04:16:32 PM »
The problem's a bit obvious with heaven looking like a wasteland.

>Instead stop at a decent distance and tell them "I've removed the seal stopping everyone from seeing what really happened here."
>"It isn't helping that the Dragon is barely alive right now. Can we save the argument for after we help it?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 06:38:46 PM »
>"Have you ever been involved in doing a big clean-out of a storage room or anything? Or even just an ordinary room, or a closet, or something like that? Or even have you seen one in progress? Have you ever noticed that if you pause halfway through and look around, the room's a bigger mess than it was when you started? That's what this is."
>Not that we've ever actually done one of those ourselves. That's what Ran's for.
>"There were seals all over heaven, creating illusions and hiding what had truly become of it. I removed those seals, exposing the truth of Heaven's current state, and now that I have done so, we can begin restoring it to how it should be. the first step of which, I think, is seeing to the dragon, which was in a somewhat... less-than-ideal condtion. You would likely know how to aid it better than I, so I will take you to it."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »
> Stop at a reasonable distance from Tenshi and express confusion at her distress.
> "I believe I unsealed heaven. What's the matter?"
>Instead stop at a decent distance and tell them "I've removed the seal stopping everyone from seeing what really happened here."
>"It isn't helping that the Dragon is barely alive right now. Can we save the argument for after we help it?"
>You land a reasonable distance away from Tenshi before trying to talk to her.
>"What did you do?! What do you mean, 'what really happened'?!"
>"Tell me what's going on here before I beat it out of you!"
>Iku looks rather distraught.
>"Something has happened to the Dragon?"

>"Have you ever been involved in doing a big clean-out of a storage room or anything? Or even just an ordinary room, or a closet, or something like that? Or even have you seen one in progress? Have you ever noticed that if you pause halfway through and look around, the room's a bigger mess than it was when you started? That's what this is."
>Not that we've ever actually done one of those ourselves. That's what Ran's for.
>"There were seals all over heaven, creating illusions and hiding what had truly become of it. I removed those seals, exposing the truth of Heaven's current state, and now that I have done so, we can begin restoring it to how it should be. the first step of which, I think, is seeing to the dragon, which was in a somewhat... less-than-ideal condtion. You would likely know how to aid it better than I, so I will take you to it."
>"So you're admitting you did this!"
>"Calm down, please."
>Iku turns to you.
>"Go on."
>You do rather enjoy the benefits of having a shikigami.
>"If the Dragon was there, were there no others at the palace?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »
>"I didn't see anyone, but it is possible that this has changed now."
>"Let us go. I do not want this realm to remain like this any more than you do."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:14 PM »
>"I didn't see anyone, but it is possible that this has changed now."
>"Let us go. I do not want this realm to remain like this any more than you do."
>"I see..."
>"Just what could have happened to the dragon...?"
>"Hey, Iku! You're not just going to believe her, are you?! Look around! Look at what she did!"
>Tenshi flourishes her sword at you once more.
>"You're the one that started everything in the first place, aren't you?! You have to be!"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »
>"No. The one who started all this was a kappa named nitori, who, two years ago, attempted to artificially reproduce my abilities. The experiment failed, and ended up making quite the mess of Gensokyo. She's a completely different person now, though-losing all of one's memories can do that to a person-and is genuinely horrified at what she's done. She's been working ever since then to fix things. As a matter of fact, I would still be trapped within the border were it not for her efforts."
>"And the rest of what's happened to Gensokyo was actually done by Reimu, who seems to have gone a bit crazy herself. I believe it was her who placed the seals throughout this realm to create the illusion you were seeing until now."
>"I have work to do, and Iku, I believe I will likely need your help, as I know little about the dragon. I think it's best we get moving right away."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2012, 04:33:36 AM »
>"No. The one who started all this was a kappa named nitori, who, two years ago, attempted to artificially reproduce my abilities. The experiment failed, and ended up making quite the mess of Gensokyo. She's a completely different person now, though-losing all of one's memories can do that to a person-and is genuinely horrified at what she's done. She's been working ever since then to fix things. As a matter of fact, I would still be trapped within the border were it not for her efforts."
>"And the rest of what's happened to Gensokyo was actually done by Reimu, who seems to have gone a bit crazy herself. I believe it was her who placed the seals throughout this realm to create the illusion you were seeing until now."
>"I have work to do, and Iku, I believe I will likely need your help, as I know little about the dragon. I think it's best we get moving right away."
>"Hah! Nice try! Like I'll believe you! Iku, don't listen to what she says!"
>"It's all a little too convenient, isn't it? It just so happens that we're cut off from the rest of the world, and she's the only one able to come in and out!"
>"I bet she knows where everyone went!"
>Iku keeps shifting her gaze from Tenshi to you and seems rather unsure of what she wants to do.
>"That brat just loves you, doesn't she?"
>You notice that Suika has taken a seat and is sipping on her bottle as she watches Tenshi argue.

>_

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2012, 04:54:32 AM »
>"Unlike a certain someone, I'm not the kind of person to go create mass destruction like this."
>"In fact, if I didn't already know what caused this, you would be first person I'd suspect, especially after you nearly killed a lot of humans and weaker youkai with natural disasters out of boredom before."
>"If you don't believe me though, why don't you just ask Suika about the dragon? Or go look yourself?"
>Of course why anyone thinks that Tenshi's advice of all people is worth anything, we'll never know.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »
>"Unlike a certain someone, I'm not the kind of person to go create mass destruction like this."
>"In fact, if I didn't already know what caused this, you would be first person I'd suspect, especially after you nearly killed a lot of humans and weaker youkai with natural disasters out of boredom before."
>"If you don't believe me though, why don't you just ask Suika about the dragon? Or go look yourself?"
>Of course why anyone thinks that Tenshi's advice of all people is worth anything, we'll never know.
>"What's that supposed to mean? You trying to pick a fight?"
>"Please, stop, the both of you!"
>Neither of you pay any attention to Iku.
>"Hey, I made sure nothing happened then!"
>"When did I say I didn't believe you about that? But no doubt you've done something!"
>There are a lot of mysteries in life that you wish you could understand.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2012, 03:39:52 PM »
>"The only thing I've done is try to fix this place, just like I've been doing everywhere else in Gensokyo. And I really need to get back to that. Either come with me or don't."
>To Iku: "Iku, I will be needing your help with the dragon. Please, come with me."
>Assuming she agrees, pick her up and fly pack to the palace.

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 02:30:47 AM »
>Don't think that we need to pick her up anymore now that she's got a new set of Celestial clothing.
>Of course if we do and she agrees, then do so.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 03:30:02 AM »
>"The only thing I've done is try to fix this place, just like I've been doing everywhere else in Gensokyo. And I really need to get back to that. Either come with me or don't."
>To Iku: "Iku, I will be needing your help with the dragon. Please, come with me."
>Assuming she agrees, pick her up and fly pack to the palace.
>"Yeah, right. You expect me to believe that?"
>"Oh I'm coming with you, all right. I've got to make sure you don't try anything funny."
>"Very well, though I do not quite understand how I could be of assistance..."
>"Eh? We ish done here?"
>Suika slowly picks herself up.
>The four of you take flight and begin heading in the general direction of the palace.

>Don't think that we need to pick her up anymore now that she's got a new set of Celestial clothing.
>Of course if we do and she agrees, then do so.
>Your thoughts are proven to be correct as Iku takes flight after you.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 03:32:43 AM »
>Continue to the palace and lead the way to the Dragon's chamber.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 04:01:25 AM »
>Continue to the palace and lead the way to the Dragon's chamber.
>You continue towards the palace.
>"Just what on earth..."
>Iku seems rather shocked by the state of the palace.
>"This looks really bad..."
>You can see that Tenshi is frowning.
>The four of you enter the palace and make your way towards the Dragon's chamber.
>The door to the chamber appears to have been left open, and you can clearly see the Dragon's form as you near the doors.
>You hear a gasp come from Iku, who pushes past you and runs into the Dragon's chamber.
>"Hey, Iku! Wait!"

>_

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 04:06:10 AM »
>To the Dragon
>"You wouldn't happen to have something that can help lying around here? Maybe a means of restoring energy?"
>Now how much energy from us will it take to get the Dragon in not horrible condition?
>Does the Dragon seem to be any worse?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2012, 04:24:31 AM »
>To the Dragon
>"You wouldn't happen to have something that can help lying around here? Maybe a means of restoring energy?"
>Now how much energy from us will it take to get the Dragon in not horrible condition?
>Does the Dragon seem to be any worse?
>You chase after Iku towards the Dragon.
>"Hey! It doesn't look saf-"
>Tenshi's voice is cut off by her shrieking.
>You look back to see that the doorway has collapsed, and you are now stuck within this chamber.
>You press on until you reach Iku, who is by the Dragon's side.
>"I... do not. Such a thing has never happened before..."
>"What happened to you...?"
>Assuming that energy is the only thing that the Dragon is lacking, you believe it would take almost all of yours to get the Dragon to a functioning state.
>Not as far as you can tell.

>_

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2012, 06:21:27 AM »
>Meh, Suika can deal with a collapsed doorway easy.
>If we use Iku's lightning, would that work as something we can convert into energy or is that beyond our current ability?
>Do we have any other options besides the energy transfer?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2012, 09:53:16 AM »
>Doesn't Iku's lightning come from the dragon anyway?
>Was Tenshi's sword the same one she used during the weather incident?
>Can we contact Ran? Probably not, but it's worth a shot.
>Yell back, "Suika? Tenshi? You both okay?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »
>Meh, Suika can deal with a collapsed doorway easy.
>If we use Iku's lightning, would that work as something we can convert into energy or is that beyond our current ability?
>Do we have any other options besides the energy transfer?
>If it were simply moving debris, anyone could do it.
>It would likely be beyond your current ability.
>You don't know. Do you have any other options?

>Doesn't Iku's lightning come from the dragon anyway?
>Was Tenshi's sword the same one she used during the weather incident?
>Can we contact Ran? Probably not, but it's worth a shot.
>Yell back, "Suika? Tenshi? You both okay?"
>You aren't entirely sure how Iku's abilities work.
>You do believe that it was the Sword of Hisou that Tenshi was swinging around earlier.
>Try as you might, you cannot contact Ran.
>You'd have to be closer to the collapsed doorframe if you wanted your voice to carry over. And so you do just that, leaving Iku by the Dragon.
>From the other side, you hear Suika respond.
>"Yeah, we're fine. The brat was surprised though. You alright too?"
>"Who are you calling a brat?!"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2012, 05:08:24 PM »
>"Clear the doorway, please, would you?"
>Could Iku-or anyone else-transfer their energy to the dragon as well, either on their own or with our aid? If so: "I may have an idea. If all four of us cooperate and transfer our energy to the dragon, we should be able to restore it without harming ourselves."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »
>Would it not be possible for Suika to gather the remaining ambient energy to channel into the Dragon?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2012, 02:03:20 AM »
>If we don't know, ask her.

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2012, 03:38:59 AM »
>While we're at it, can Suika gather up our blocked energy so we can use more of our power temporarily? If we don't know the answer, ask her.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2012, 03:55:50 AM »
>"Clear the doorway, please, would you?"
>Could Iku-or anyone else-transfer their energy to the dragon as well, either on their own or with our aid? If so: "I may have an idea. If all four of us cooperate and transfer our energy to the dragon, we should be able to restore it without harming ourselves."
>"I was gonna do that a while back, but the brat keeps telling me not to. Something about knocking the whole place down."
>"Well it's true! What if this entire building collapses? With the way you do things, I bet it'd collapse even if it weren't already crumbling!"
>If you had some vector through which you could get the energy to yourself before moving it to the Dragon, it may be possible.

>Would it not be possible for Suika to gather the remaining ambient energy to channel into the Dragon?
>If we don't know, ask her.
>"I don't really get what you're asking me to gather."

>While we're at it, can Suika gather up our blocked energy so we can use more of our power temporarily? If we don't know the answer, ask her.
>"Blocked energy? What's that? Can you drink it?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2012, 03:58:46 AM »
>"I'm asking you to gather any energy that may be nearby, as the dragon has need of it. We will likely have to give it some of our own, but any you could gather would be most helpful."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2012, 06:21:53 AM »
>"I'm asking you to gather any energy that may be nearby, as the dragon has need of it. We will likely have to give it some of our own, but any you could gather would be most helpful."
>"Uh, well, I don't get it but I guess I could try..."

>_

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2012, 06:23:54 AM »
>If Suika gathered up, say Iku's lightning, would we be able to use our powers to absorb the energy from it and transfer it to the Dragon?