Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219304 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #870 on: July 16, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »
Finished clearing PoFV Normal with all characters.

Now there's Easy and Extra... I think I'll get Easy out of the way first, since it just takes time more than anything, then Extra.

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #871 on: July 16, 2012, 07:53:49 PM »
No death, no bomb Lunatic Ichirin boss battle

I bombed and died during the stage though.

Ichirin actually gives me fewer problems than Alice does.

Also, from yesterday:

Magic Team Lunatic 1cc
where I failed a lot of stuff that I shouldn't have because I tried too hard to malice cannon everything

« Reply #872 on: July 16, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »
Oh hey, Ten Desires Lunatic clear despite being rusty enough to die to Yuyuko twice (that of course warranting a retry and a brief mental breakdown). It turns out that even though my dodging skills are quick to go into hibernation mode, my resource management is still kicking.  :3

Also. Messing around in Stage 4 of same game and with pretty much no resistance beat the entire stage without resorting to the corner-camping strategy in the end stage portion. I thought that segment was nearly impossible simply because Jaimers used corner hugging in his video but it turns out the section isn't all that hard to dodge (not easy but just not as hard as I had expected).

I also tried timing out Kyouko's first non-spell without hiding outside the borders (which is a lie, i was forced to dash out there on one occasion) but I failed in the final 10 seconds. I think I'll be back for more though. Ten Desires isn't good for me when it comes to simple survival but for a little messing around (read: hazardous playing) it's not too bad especially since easy gameplay in general means that I can do all sorts of ridiculous things that no one in their right mind would try outside of practice mode since it's so fucking stupid.  :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #873 on: July 16, 2012, 10:55:42 PM »
I'm now really really consistent at midboss Eirin's nonspell in Stage 6.

« Reply #874 on: July 16, 2012, 11:05:52 PM »
Clearing all Normal/Extra modes from main Windows games, 3 Hard modes, and clearing PCB's both Extra and Phantasm with Ultra patch. I've been into Touhou for 8 months, so I think that's pretty good...

Zil

« Reply #875 on: July 17, 2012, 03:11:14 AM »
Congrats on the Kana clear, K.B.
PoDD is actually one of the best games in the series IMO
I love you.

« Reply #876 on: July 17, 2012, 03:20:23 AM »
PoDD is actually one of the best games in the series IMO and I'll definitely try to clear it with some other characters, clearing it with Kana can't be easy so good job with that.
Agreed.  I'm grateful that folks occasionally mention it in a positive light, as those testaments eventually convinced me that there had to be something to this no-focus, carpal-tunnel-inducing, archaic-looking-and-sounding game beyond the potential hipster cred.

Have fun going at it.  Look forward to hearing about you kicking its ass, as it's neat to see someone else taking up the challenge.

Pseudo-edit: sniped!
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #877 on: July 17, 2012, 05:47:00 AM »
Source of Rains and VoWG went from 1/18 to 2/19 in the same run, and I was exactly one wave away from capturing Kanako's opener. I'd be insane to try perfecting her at this point in time, but at least it doesn't seem impossible.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #878 on: July 17, 2012, 05:49:35 AM »
I still have never capture both Source of Rains and VoWG in the same run, and Kanako is all I haven't perfected from MoF.
Mostly because DAT OPENER

Also consistency at Reisen's 2nd nonspell, 3rd spell (as in timeout in 1 try) get.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #879 on: July 17, 2012, 06:00:12 AM »
Source of Rains and VoWG went from 1/18 to 2/19 in the same run, and I was exactly one wave away from capturing Kanako's opener. I'd be insane to try perfecting her at this point in time, but at least it doesn't seem impossible.
Oh come on, you perfected Eirin of all things. Source of Rains is easy once you stop overreacting to the red/purple arrows and calmly find the gaps. VoWG is VoWG but far from impossible to capture once you've done it before. The opener is very possible as well.

Chuckolator

« Reply #880 on: July 17, 2012, 06:05:05 AM »
Oh come on, you perfected Eirin of all things. Source of Rains is easy once you stop overreacting to the red/purple arrows and calmly find the gaps. VoWG is VoWG but far from impossible to capture once you've done it before. The opener is very possible as well.
Well, that was quick. 1DNB Kanako up to VoWG, including my first capture of said opener. That D was at Yamato Torus, of all things.

I don't think I can go back now. Why do I torture myself like this?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #881 on: July 17, 2012, 06:12:29 AM »
The opener is possible to read. A few more attempts and you should be able to ace it more than half of the time.

I just dodged like 80 seconds of VoWG without interruption. :G

Chuckolator

« Reply #882 on: July 17, 2012, 06:19:30 AM »
The opener is possible to read. A few more attempts and you should be able to ace it more than half of the time.

I just dodged like 80 seconds of VoWG without interruption. :G
No doubt that's true, I'm still getting used to it though.

And that's pretty impressive. You should try to perfect her too. <_<

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #883 on: July 17, 2012, 06:27:59 AM »
I had a 2-Miss fight a while ago, misses were on VoWG's last waves. Seeing as I casually play the stage a lot you could say I've already started trying.

Chuckolator

« Reply #884 on: July 17, 2012, 07:19:08 AM »
Got my first VoWG timeout (I always go for it if I die, for the practice) with 5 deaths, including about 50 seconds between deaths at one point. Now if I could only play this great before I miss my capture?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #885 on: July 17, 2012, 08:37:17 AM »
Fuck you, Shikieiki.

1:40 and I was with all my hits. 2:31 and I die completely.

Fuck. You.

I was also super-close to a first-round win vs Aya but of course I had to screw that up and follow with another loss. Disgusting.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #886 on: July 17, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
About Fujiyama Volcano:

Try doing it at 90 FPS. I did it a few days back, it is ridiculously fun that way.
No focus timeout at 90 fps? Hadn't even tried 90 fps before, 50 attempts at it later and I've decided to just try to cap it normally first, which took about another 9 attempts. http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22371
It' a damn sight quicker than I expected and Youmu is too. Doubt I can do this but I'm sure as hell gunna keep trying. Maybe I'll see what the attempts counter maxes at, haha.

Started up IN for the first time in a week and a half-ish earlier, noticed it was on 90 fps, figured "bugger it, I'll take another shot at Fujiyama Volcano" and it took about 20 tries. I'm now set to fail consistently until I take another long break v_v

Had a couple pretty lucky dodges in there too.

So, here's my 90 fps no focus timeout of Fujiyama Volcano with Youmu & Yuyu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGbE6k7DnWc
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22590

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #887 on: July 17, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »
I don't know if should be happy or angry.

Today I was playing some StB ultra, decided to play a bit against Ran after lots of fails at EX-4 on ultra, after quickly giving up on 8-7, I tried 8-5, and I suddenly captured in on ultra after doing some ridiculous dodging.

Happy about it, I save my replay, and I go check it to see if there's any dodges worth going to the lucky dodges thread, but then I discover that the replay has desynced.

I lost my ultra 8-5 replay whyyyyyy :qq:

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #888 on: July 17, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
Finally captured Lunatic Greatest Treasure for a second time.  My first capture of it was the first time I ever even tried it on lunatic and it was full of absolute BS/lucky dodges so it didn't really count in my mind.  It took forty attempts to capture it again after all : /.

Now if only I can get Radiant  Treasure gun and Vajra of Perfect Bullshit under my belt....

PMW

• My tumblr
« Reply #889 on: July 17, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »
StB ultra EX-8 capture. Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22593

This took a lot more tries than expected, 1237 shots is a lot.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #890 on: July 17, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »
Well, that was quick. 1DNB Kanako up to VoWG, including my first capture of said opener. That D was at Yamato Torus, of all things.

I don't think I can go back now. Why do I torture myself like this?

* Doninu hears his need, bounds down the road towards an orzing Seiga

*Doggy shoulder pat*

I feel ya. This is the route of the perfecting disease. There is no use running once it has begun, but perhaps you can take comfort in knowing you are not alone. Feel free to come to me if you ever feel it driving you to the end of  your rope.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #891 on: July 17, 2012, 11:00:36 PM »
I cleared PoDD with Yumemi today, but it didn't feel like that much of an achievement, so I think I will try again with a less broken character

Either way, PoDD is awesome

« Reply #892 on: July 18, 2012, 12:30:23 AM »
I feel ya. This is the route of the perfecting disease. There is no use running once it has begun, but perhaps you can take comfort in knowing you are not alone. Feel free to come to me if you ever feel it driving you to the end of  your rope.
Could be a lot worse, I'm feeling a few of the starting symptoms of the Time Out All Cards disease. :V

Anyway, have now annotated my MB Normal perfect run, which only took me three days to finish. I am so not used to this. :(

Also a couple of miscellaneous timeouts: Lost Soul's Village, Sea and Sky Turbulence (both on Lunatic).

PMW

• My tumblr
« Reply #893 on: July 18, 2012, 01:39:34 AM »
It's not as bad as the ultra disease  :V

Speaking of ultra, I have cleared one spell I initially though was almost impossible.

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22596

This one was truly ridiculous, the bullets are way too fast and dense to read normally, but I knew that this spell was 100% static, so I knew it was possible, though I thought that the memorization was going to be way too heavy, today I realized it wasn't that bad so I started to make a path for it, the 3rd shot was specially troubling, because finding a path for that one was really hard, the 4th and 5th one also looked hard, but once I got a path down for them, they weren't too bad, but then there was the last shot, which I totally didn't knew how to do, the wall was really dense and covered in slower bullets, so after about 15 tries at it, I saved a replay and examined it to find a path, which worked excellently. I got my clear of it but when I tried to save the replay, the game crashed, I was really mad, but after another 250~ shots at it, I got a replay as proof that I cleared this crazy scene.

77/85 scenes cleared in StB ultra, 80 looks like a really possible goal.

Also congrats on the MB perfect, perfecting a game just calls for too much consistency at things.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #894 on: July 18, 2012, 01:57:56 AM »
I got my clear of it but when I tried to save the replay, the game crashed,

Oh man, do I ever understand your pain with this.

On a more congratulatory note, that's absolutely bonkers. Words fail to describe how ridiculously impressive that is. You are literally doing the impossible man.

Tell me, what haven't you cleared under ultra? I'm assuming Guilty Or not Guilty would be the major roadblock in this particular challenge..

Mind you, if you can do BoWaP. Do not settle for this 80! GO FOR ALL!

Has anyone ever beaten StB with the Ultra patch on fully before?

PMW

• My tumblr
« Reply #895 on: July 18, 2012, 02:15:59 AM »
Oh man, do I ever understand your pain with this.

On a more congratulatory note, that's absolutely bonkers. Words fail to describe how ridiculously impressive that is. You are literally doing the impossible man.

Tell me, what haven't you cleared under ultra? I'm assuming Guilty Or not Guilty would be the major roadblock in this particular challenge..

Mind you, if you can do BoWaP. Do not settle for this 80! GO FOR ALL!

Has anyone ever beaten StB with the Ultra patch on fully before?

Thanks! The scenes I haven't cleared are 8-7, 9-1, 9-2, 9-6, 10-3, 10-6, EX-1 and EX-7.

Between these, all the ones of level 9 and 8 that i haven't cleared are almost completely luck based, I have gotten to the last photo of 9-6 a few times.
10-3 is completely static based on aya's movement, though it is incredibily bullshit.
10-6 is even worse, it's wall-land. But the bullet pattern is static so in theory it should be possible to make a path through it.
EX-1 I have gotten to the 4th or 5th photo, don't quite remember, but with enough luck I should be able to clear it.
EX-7 I have no excuse this one is just because I am too dumb to play it correctly. I have been awfully close to capturing in. The hardest part of it is dodging the dumb purple bubbles.

I don't think I can go for ALL, particularly because of 10-3 and 10-6, but the others seem doable with enough luck.

And I don't think someone has done a StB ultra ALL clear with 60fps, everyone either starts playing with tools or gives up when they reach around 7-1  :V

EDIT: I guess cross out 9-2 out of that list, I just got my luck to cooperate and got a capture of it  :D

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22599
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:09:20 AM by PMW »

« Reply #896 on: July 18, 2012, 06:32:26 AM »
Mystic Square Hard 1CC.

Really annoyed at the fact that PC98 lacks replays, because holy crap, the battle against Shinki. I panicbomb on the first phase, find myself with a stock of 3/0...and proceed to get through half the fight from there without getting hit. Capturing every phase up until the Devil's Recitation phase, including the cheeto lasers. With some of the most ridiculous "how is this even happening" dodging I've ever done.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #897 on: July 18, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »
The first extra stage has fallen. Fujiwara no Mokou has been defeated. Huzzah.

I am not certain which one I should do next. I think I'll go with Ran, although I'm also thinking of Suwako.

« Reply #898 on: July 18, 2012, 10:05:52 AM »
The first extra stage has fallen.
Gj !
Same here, I just had tea and biscuits with Suwako.
It wasn't that hard, but it really feels good.

« Reply #899 on: July 18, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »

Thank you Kefit for easing things on my side. ;)