Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219229 times)

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #480 on: June 22, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
Really, I was wondering what ever happened to this. :V

Congratulations on finally beating it!

Haha, thanks, took a short break due to work and a little bit of frustration, so I was somewhat rusty, but still performed better than when I tried to develope unfamiliar strategies that caused frustration in the first place. There's lots of stuff I'm beginning to understand now that I'm looking at my replays, but I'll keep that for when I play the game for the hell of it later on.

Now, I just need to get the replays of the Youmu and Yukari matches to work, really hope that somebody can help me there. I just can't like bugs!

« Reply #481 on: June 22, 2012, 09:51:44 PM »
Reimu is a lower tier character in that game (though that's not saying much because that game is really well balanced, except for Meiling sucking) so you'll do it with the others no problem  ;)

This random Japanese channel has no damage clears of Lunatic Pandemonium with every character if you're interested, as well as a video of Suika owning Story Mode: http://www.youtube.com/user/tubedada

« Reply #482 on: June 23, 2012, 04:35:25 AM »
Finally got this done. Chorus of Curses lunatic timeout.

Had to do it TWICE because the first time I thought I was recording and wasn't. Was discovering that ever fun!  :colonveeplusalpha:

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2012, 04:48:49 AM »
Took me far too long to realize why that was so big of an accomplishment. Congrats.

Spoiler:
now do eau-de-vie
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #484 on: June 23, 2012, 05:30:27 AM »

Had to do it TWICE because the first time I thought I was recording and wasn't. Was discovering that ever fun!  :colonveeplusalpha:

Doesn't look that hard and yet that also applies for capturing Vajra on Normal. :fail:

Congrats.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #485 on: June 23, 2012, 06:09:46 AM »
No-Vert MoF Easy 1cc
The first 5 stages are still too easy, but stage 6 is absolute resource rape due to lack of practice T_T
So I end up 0/0 =.=

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #486 on: June 23, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #487 on: June 23, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »

No. 50 Recollection "Double Black Death Butterfly" 3/5

Technically 3/6 but I TASed the game on lunatic once and I didn't cap the spell in the TAS so...

DBDB lunatic is easy!

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #488 on: June 23, 2012, 03:50:05 PM »
A much better UFO Normal 1cc has been done.

I was unsatisfied with my sightread clear which ended 0/1, so I did it again this time ending 3/2.

Captures of all Byakuren's cards but Devil Recitation and Star Maelstrom.

I'm kinda growing to like UFO honestly, it's a good looking, good sounding and interesting to play game because of the UFO thing, which I find extraordinarily easy to milk for extra lives. I had max lives going into Stage 5 midboss Nazrin forgot about that and continued going for life fragments instead of bombs at that point and still did decently.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #489 on: June 23, 2012, 04:03:22 PM »
Hah, my DBDB is like 3/50. Two of three times were consecutive. I'm alright as long as I know I can cap the card convincingly when I'm focused.

« Reply #490 on: June 23, 2012, 06:35:53 PM »
Got my first 1cc today. :3

PCB Normal MarisaA

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #491 on: June 23, 2012, 07:06:57 PM »
500 million point Subterranean Animism Normal 1cc

The only two times I died in this run were horrible, horrible derps.

I think I perfected up until Stage 6.

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #492 on: June 23, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »
Oooh, Esu-chan, wanna compete for SA Normal scores next? It'll be a great excuse for me to improve my 480m score :V

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #493 on: June 23, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
Oooh, Esu-chan, wanna compete for SA Normal scores next? It'll be a great excuse for me to improve my 480m score :V

FUCK YES

Enjoy.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #494 on: June 23, 2012, 10:15:22 PM »

I'm joining you guys :V  I want to improve my SA

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #495 on: June 24, 2012, 01:08:10 AM »
Speaking of SA. I've just tried it on normal with ultra patch applied http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jq6luVGak0&feature=plcp
It went out pretty bad partly because of game going bananas, partly because of me playing badly :fail: But i've cleared it on the first try mostly because autobombing exists :V
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #496 on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:08 AM »
YES :dragonforce:

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil 1cc'd on Lunatic! This... was hard :V Overview:
>Perfect Stage 1
>One-bomb Cirno fight (in which I accidentally time out Perfect Freeze)
>Two-bomb Meiling fight (last two spells captured)
>One death to auto-clearing fairies + 2D5B Patchouli fight  :X
>Die to aimed fairies before the wall fairies with two bombs in stock
>Double-KO Sakuya's midboss spell with a bomb in stock
>1D4B Sakuya fight
>Enter Remilia fight with 2/1, capture everything between Young Demon Lord (!!!) and the last non-spell  :o
>Clear Scarlet Gensokyo with four bombs and one death

Score's pretty low since I had already failed several close attempts before this and was not concerned with POC-ing at all by this point. Ah well.
Crimson Belvedere's never sounded so good :V

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #497 on: June 24, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »
YES :dragonforce:

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil 1cc'd on Lunatic! This... was hard :V Overview:
>Perfect Stage 1
>One-bomb Cirno fight (in which I accidentally time out Perfect Freeze)
>Two-bomb Meiling fight (last two spells captured)
>Die to aimed fairies before the wall fairies with two bombs in stock
>Double-KO Sakuya's midboss spell with a bomb in stock
>1D4B Sakuya fight
>Enter Remilia fight with 2/1, capture everything between Young Demon Lord (!!!) and the last non-spell  :o
>Clear Scarlet Gensokyo with four bombs and one death

Score's pretty low since I had already failed several close attempts before this and was not concerned with POC-ing at all by this point. Ah well.
Crimson Belvedere's never sounded so good :V

Enjoy.

« Reply #498 on: June 24, 2012, 02:55:04 AM »
Speaking of EoSD, I just beat the Extra and 1cc'd Hard after quite a while of not playing the games

Here is the Extra run
And here is Hard.

I wasn't using VSync for the Extra run because I didn't realize just how big of a difference it
made as far as responsiveness went. The Hard mode run still has a few panic bombs here
and there, and a few stupid mistakes like flying up straight into a bullet. Oh well.

« Reply #499 on: June 24, 2012, 03:31:10 AM »
Well, that was, um...impressive.

Resolved to attempt a VoWG timeout without bombing just to see how far I could get. I actually got to 0 seconds. Without any lives to spare, but still.  :V

And yeah, this was my very first time doing this. I can really see why everyone is so obsessed with this thing, it is so much fun.

EDIT: And here's a replay, so everyone can see and judge for themselves. (also I'd appreciate advice, if there's something I'm doing obviously wrong)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:34:05 AM by Malkyrian »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #500 on: June 24, 2012, 09:51:11 AM »
I approve of this.

« Reply #501 on: June 24, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »
"Captured" Kanako's opener on Lunatic! maybe I should get to beating another lunatic sometime, maybe IN?
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #502 on: June 24, 2012, 03:21:25 PM »
Cleared SA extra for the first time after not touching it since normal 1cc attempts.  I managed to capture all of Koishi's stuff except Subconscious "Rorschach in Danmaku", Depths "Genetics of the Subconscious",
"Philosophy of a Hated Person" and "Subterranean Rose" aka the actual hard attacks :blush:.

I started to freak out around Genetics since I realised that I had an actual shot at clearing the stage.  I COMPLETELY lost it at Subterranean rose since that was the first time I dealt with that attack. I've seen videos of it but actually dealing with it yourself is a totally different matter.

That was a nice distraction, back to getting my soul crushed by UFO Lunatic.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #503 on: June 24, 2012, 06:27:37 PM »
Speaking of SA. I've just tried it on normal with ultra patch applied http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jq6luVGak0&feature=plcp
It went out pretty bad partly because of game going bananas, partly because of me playing badly :fail: But i've cleared it on the first try mostly because autobombing exists :V

I would have cleared it my first try but I don't use autobombs. EVER.

:dealwithit:

Speaking of EoSD, I just beat the Extra and 1cc'd Hard after quite a while of not playing the games

Here is the Extra run
And here is Hard.

I wasn't using VSync for the Extra run because I didn't realize just how big of a difference it
made as far as responsiveness went. The Hard mode run still has a few panic bombs here
and there, and a few stupid mistakes like flying up straight into a bullet. Oh well.

"Captured" Kanako's opener on Lunatic! maybe I should get to beating another lunatic sometime, maybe IN?

Cleared SA extra for the first time after not touching it since normal 1cc attempts.  I managed to capture all of Koishi's stuff except Subconscious "Rorschach in Danmaku", Depths "Genetics of the Subconscious",
"Philosophy of a Hated Person" and "Subterranean Rose" aka the actual hard attacks :blush:.

I started to freak out around Genetics since I realised that I had an actual shot at clearing the stage.  I COMPLETELY lost it at Subterranean rose since that was the first time I dealt with that attack. I've seen videos of it but actually dealing with it yourself is a totally different matter.

That was a nice distraction, back to getting my soul crushed by UFO Lunatic.

Well, that was, um...impressive.

Resolved to attempt a VoWG timeout without bombing just to see how far I could get. I actually got to 0 seconds. Without any lives to spare, but still.  :V

And yeah, this was my very first time doing this. I can really see why everyone is so obsessed with this thing, it is so much fun.

EDIT: And here's a replay, so everyone can see and judge for themselves. (also I'd appreciate advice, if there's something I'm doing obviously wrong)

Good job :D I would have replied to each one individually but I was essentially going to say the same thing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:29:54 PM by Ace »

Enjoy.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #504 on: June 24, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »
I would have cleared it my first try but I don't use autobombs. EVER.

:dealwithit:
Prove it or be a chatterbox  :wikipedia:
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #505 on: June 24, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
1cc'd  MoF Lunatic with MariC again, feels good since this was without any preparations and while it had some retarded deaths in stage 3 I entered stage 6 with 4 extra lives and 0.15 power or something, and reached VoWG with 4 extra lives and 4 bombs  :V
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #506 on: June 24, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
MoF stage 4 lunatic no bombs no deaths. I did both streaming sections without cheesing them out, and I did not stall out Momizi either. Holy shit I never thought I'd actually pull this off. If I could figure out how to upload videos again, I would totally upload this run.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #507 on: June 24, 2012, 09:17:40 PM »
MoF stage 4 lunatic no bombs no deaths.
Wait did I seriously do that before you did?

It's even more impressive in that you didn't stall Momiji-I almost did it without stalling but couldn't quite get past a 3rd streamturn.  Conversely Momiji is such a fun not-so-challenging pattern.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #508 on: June 24, 2012, 09:33:10 PM »
If you like bullets coming at you at 75 degrees while maybe being hidden behind the big ones then sure, it's loads of fun. ~_~

I can't get past the first turn, by the way. Never have.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #509 on: June 24, 2012, 09:39:11 PM »
If you like bullets coming at you at 75 degrees while maybe being hidden behind the big ones then sure, it's loads of fun. ~_~
I really don't know what you're talking about.  75 degree bullets are not something I've seen on this, nor have what I needed to dodge been overlapping the larger bullets.