Author Topic: Fan Touhou Visual Novel Problem  (Read 2738 times)

Fan Touhou Visual Novel Problem
« on: May 20, 2012, 06:49:02 AM »
Hi, I am making a Touhou visual novel and after I found out that the images that I was using were ripped from another fan game that has copyright connected to it.. I am now without any art. And I feel like I have put too much work into it just to quit now.

Anyway, I am looking for backgrounds and character art that could be used in a visual novel without any legal problems. I don't have any money and I assume that is going to be a problem...

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Fan Touhou Visual Novel Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:26:30 PM »
Depends.  Try asking around some, like in others' art threads.  (At least I THINK that's where you'd do requests and the like.  Check the rules post here before doing so in case I'm mistken!)

I'd help, but I'm not quite at the level where I'd think my art was good enough for putting in someone's game.  Any chance you could give some slight details on what kind of VN you're doing?  Like go into the story a little, that kinda thing.  You don't have to give a bunch of detail, but if you give a little it might get the more artsy people here interested.  =D

Good luck!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 06:05:35 AM »
Depends.  Try asking around some, like in others' art threads.  (At least I THINK that's where you'd do requests and the like.  Check the rules post here before doing so in case I'm mistken!)

I'd help, but I'm not quite at the level where I'd think my art was good enough for putting in someone's game.  Any chance you could give some slight details on what kind of VN you're doing?  Like go into the story a little, that kinda thing.  You don't have to give a bunch of detail, but if you give a little it might get the more artsy people here interested.  =D

Good luck!
Thanks, Jq1790. Sorry it took so long to reply you. Things are busy for me right now. Do you really think people would go for that even thought there is no money involved? Well, did you draw your avatar?

I guess it would be like an action/adventure type deal. It has a conspiracy thing going on too. I guess I could sum it up by saying: The POV is a from the outside and is unknowingly part of a plan to assimilate the power of Gensoukyou. Does that make explanation make any sense?

And thanks for the luck!

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:19:49 AM »
Thanks, Jq1790. Sorry it took so long to reply you. Things are busy for me right now. Do you really think people would go for that even thought there is no money involved? Well, did you draw your avatar?

I guess it would be like an action/adventure type deal. It has a conspiracy thing going on too. I guess I could sum it up by saying: The POV is a from the outside and is unknowingly part of a plan to assimilate the power of Gensoukyou. Does that make explanation make any sense?

And thanks for the luck!

I think people would help even if they aren't getting paid. I mean look at the translations going on right now. The translators aren't doing it for money they're doing it because they're fans of Touhou and want some of the fangames (that are good) to be more known. Oh and Aoshi drew the avatar and same with me :P

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 03:55:52 AM »
Interesting. Would either one of you be interested in doing any of the art?

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
Interesting. Would either one of you be interested in doing any of the art?

No sorry my art is terrible :(
The visual novel sounds interesting though

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »
There isn't much information here to go on.
Roughly how many character sprites will you need? How many backgrounds? Will you need CGs?
You have to give some indication of the workload before you ask people to sign up.
Do you want a specific tone/style of art?
And more importantly, how far along is the project? An artist wants to be reasonably certain that a project is going to finish before committing themselves.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 02:36:37 AM »
Do you really think people would go for that even thought there is no money involved? Well, did you draw your avatar?

And thanks for the luck!
1:  People with free time might go for it, sure!
2:  Oh man, I WISH I drew this!  My icon is courtesy of Aoshi-shi.  If you'd like to ask her to work on your VN, try asking in her Atelier topic, since it'd technically be a request.
3:  Some more specific information would be nice.  Right now it just sounds like "Hey, I have some ideas!" rather than "Hey, I've got a plan worked out and some story progress, but need people to draw for me to show it off properly!" like it ought to be.
4:  No problem!  Hope all goes well for you.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 07:56:38 AM »
35 bg's is what I am using now, but some could have been reused and a few scenes could probably be cut.

I wouldn't be needing any CG's.

I'm not sure, but anything would be better than mine. I'd attach some samples, but I don't know how to here...

The script is complete at 43,000 words. In fact, I thought I could release it up until a few weeks ago. So as it stands now, I would just have to replace the images.

I would only need one post per character, but would like to have more. But hey, I would have like to just released this thing without bothering you good people.

Once again, some could be cut, so yeah, but anyway, here's the cast with the cut list off the top of my head, but there are probably more:

1 Shou
2 Nazrin
3 Meiling
4 Remilia
5 Sakuya
6 Suika [Could be cut]
7 Reimu
8 Ran
9 Chen [Could be cut]
10 Yukari
11 Youmu
12 Yuyuko
13 Marisa
14 Alice
15 Chiruno
16 Hina  [Could be cut]
17 Nitori
18 Rinnosuke
19 Momiji  [Could be cut]
20 Aya
21 Hatate
22 Patchouli
23 Keine
24 Sanae  [Could be cut]
25 Mokou
26 Reisen
27 Eirin
28 Kaguya

Because there is an asininely long list of stuff here, I would most definitely have to have multiple people working on the art.

I am going to post a copy of this on the artist wanted things I have going too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:59:36 AM by Daggett »