Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222517 times)

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2012, 03:01:57 AM »
The strange RL is actually the most valuable non-limited strange. His deal is better than anything you'd find at normal market price really. :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2012, 03:03:13 AM »
Finally get round to posting...

Also, yeah, look at how empty and small (and pointless) my backpack is! [Not big surprise; only 5 hours of play so far.]
I swear I'll have that full at some point. ><

« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2012, 03:09:00 AM »
The strange RL is actually the most valuable non-limited strange. His deal is better than anything you'd find at normal market price really. :V
That being the case, I still don't have 3 nametags. The trade isn't that important anyway. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2012, 03:09:44 AM »
Finally get round to posting...

Also, yeah, look at how empty and small (and pointless) my backpack is!....
I spy that Kanjou uses an F2P account! This will make trades and multi-user Steam chats much more difficult; I'd get around it by buying any item (cheap hats are probably a good idea - you can easily get weapons as you go) off the TF2 store.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2012, 03:13:28 AM »
I was about to ask about stuff like that...

Now I know the answer, I'll be right back.  :derp:

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2012, 03:26:26 AM »
2x Crate 29s, strange Boston Basher, and a normal Detonator for my Strange Shotgun and Strange Ambassador ok?
That's a deal. I don't use crates anyways :V

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2012, 03:33:54 AM »
I'd like to get my hands on a strange amba, but regrettably doubt I have anything you might care to trade for it. (of course you could always check just to see)  :derp:
Nothing I see that I want, sorry.

I'm not against trading Nametags, although I buy them so I can use them.. However, your trade is a bit steep. I can go 1 Nametag and the the Black Box for the two, but not more.. Sorry.
We'll pass then, it's fine. Thanks anyway.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2012, 03:38:35 AM »
Hope your crates get you something good. Good thing I'm too cheap for keys :V

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2012, 03:44:58 AM »
I was about to ask about stuff like that...

Now I know the answer, I'll be right back.  :derp:

Holy shit.

I check your backpack 15 minutes ago, you were F2P.

Now you're premium. Holy shit.

ALSO ADD MEEEEEEEE

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2012, 03:46:55 AM »
I would have had it done quicker had Steam not ran any slower.  :derp:

Now where was I... oh yeah. Confirming this strange person who just friended me.  :3

« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2012, 03:51:26 AM »
Now where was I... oh yeah. Confirming this strange person who just friended me.  :3

:V :V :V :V

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2012, 04:02:03 AM »
My bro gave me a Flamboyant Flamenco, which made me play a few rounds of payload as Pyro for the first time in months. Around 50 kills and about 20 deaths in 3 rounds. I think I'm getting the hang of this!
I'm thinking of trading away the Flamenco for an Attendant so I can get the Gas Jockey set bonus, but I dunno. I really like this hat even though I'm not a hat collector. Plus, Gas Jockey = no Axtinguishing and the satisfaction that comes from it.
Or, I can trade it away for a Madame Dixie!
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2012, 04:06:49 AM »
Btw
Also, I'm looking for 2 L'Etrangers. Mostly for the Familiar Fez set for that silent cloak on the dead ringer. (the second gun for crafting the hat)

So if anyone ever gets one or 2 I'd like it so I can get my set. Silent Dead Ringer sounds so awesomely OP :V

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2012, 04:12:51 AM »
My bro gave me a Flamboyant Flamenco, which made me play a few rounds of payload as Pyro for the first time in months. Around 50 kills and about 20 deaths in 3 rounds. I think I'm getting the hang of this!
I'm thinking of trading away the Flamenco for an Attendant so I can get the Gas Jockey set bonus, but I dunno. I really like this hat even though I'm not a hat collector. Plus, Gas Jockey = no Axtinguishing and the satisfaction that comes from it.
Or, I can trade it away for a Madame Dixie!
The Flamenco is my second-favorite among Pyro hats, next to the Pyromancer's Mask. If the Pyromancer's ever gets turned into a misc item, I'm going to get one to go along with it. :V

And I used to use the Gas Jockey set back when it first came out. I missed my Axetinguisher far too much to keep running with that setup, though, and the deal was sealed when they went ahead and gave the Powerjack the melee vulnerability to top off the extra bullet damage.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2012, 06:40:29 PM »
I'm starting to get incredibly bored of Intox Surf #1...

• Engies break the server
    • The server has a plugin to prevent sentries from automatically shooting at people. Fair enough. Put two level 3 sentries watching a single surf ramp1, and nobody can cross. But that plugin also breaks the Pyro's air blast. I can reflect projectiles but I can't push or extinguish people.
    • Teleporters take non-surfers/scoots2 to the end without effort. Since they have no problem whatsoever coming back in less than 5 seconds after they die, any form of truce3 is pointless.
    • Alternatively, they take people in the harder parts of the map, way further than any scoot2 would be able to reach, and they are slower than surfers. (because they didn't have to get speed to reach that point) And with player clipping, they just block everyone from surfing.
    • Eureka Effect in melee only sudden death. While most people are fighting in jail4, engies can safely return to spawn any time they please. And they get spawn protection after warping themselves back to spawn. And there's no cooldown so they can spam Mouse2 for infinite spawn protection. Not only are they safe from the people in jail, but they're also safe from the people who can surf to the end in less than a minute to get back to the spawns5.
  • Most people suck at deathmatching. I'm not supposed to pull off 50-10 as Pyro(no airblast) on sniper maps like surf_the_flow or surf_bathroom_final. It gets boring to have no challenge at all. There's the occasional regular that comes in and actually knows how to play first person shooters, but there's usually no challenge at all.
  • surf_the_flow
  • surf_bathroom_final
  • surf_greatfissure

TL;DR: Looking for classic TF2 servers to play on. Suggest. That means no VSH, no randomizer, no prophunt, no whacky gameplay mods. Just classic TF2.

1 The long slanted blocks you slide on.
2 People who can't surf and generally go Scout so the double jump + FaN jump + Atomizer jump help them. It's worth noting that any form of midair jump makes you lose all your speed. They are often found hanging low on the ramps, going around a snail's pace, stopping people from going faster. The use of the word "Scoot" is specific to Intox Surf #1.
3 When you get to the end of the map, usually you don't kill the other surfers that are at the end. Most non-arena maps let you kill people who have failed the surf so you can just farm points peacefully.
4 Where people who fall of the surf ramps go.
5 When you finish a surf map, you can usually go back to the top of the map to restock on ammo and life. Also to kill AFKers during sudden death.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »
I agree this map is silly, having played it as well (albeit in CS).

TL;DR: Looking for classic TF2 servers to play on. Suggest. That means no VSH, no randomizer, no prophunt, no whacky gameplay mods. Just classic TF2.
If I do look for a regular match, I tend to favour LotusClan and NoHeroes servers, and frequent Payload maps. However lately I've been joining whatever games anyone else is in, which results in a few too many Dustbowl rounds with lousy Engie camps.

EDIT: May be old, but when King Hippo (of Punch-Out fame) meets Heavy....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:50:25 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2012, 05:31:29 AM »
I'm loving foundry.

The huge map's amazing for spy. Many routes to flank the enemy, ammo boxes and health packs galore.

Too bad my local server doesn't add this on the rotation.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2012, 07:56:41 AM »
http://tf2b.com/?id=76561198045707641

My Touhou collection is coming along nicely, though some items still need names. So far:
- Reimu's Incident-Solving Rocket Launcher (Liberty Launcher) [inspired by a miko skin for the soldier]
- Yuuka's Personal 12-Gauge (Shotgun)
- Reisen's Handgun (Pistol)
- Nitori's Wrench (Wrench) [not named yet]
- Youmu's Roukanken (Zatoichi) [not named yet]
- Spell-Card-on-a-Stick (Objector) [Reimu decal and a quote from one of her spell cards in DS]
- Aya, Traditional Reporter of Fantasy (Photo Badge) [short description]

If ever they make a Strange Concheror, I'm naming it the Moriya Shrine Portable.

Also, Poniponiponi is a fantastic server.

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »
I have more Strange Ambassadors, but I'm using my other Strange Shotgun, sorry.

What do want for it? Check my backpack (Stranges and anything equipped I am not going to give, besides that strange bonesaw.)

On an unrelated note, guess what Steam gave me.

THE FULL GAME OF PORTAL 1 FOR FREE.

HOLY SHIT
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:59:31 PM by Yukarin »

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2012, 02:36:57 PM »
I've got two Scottish Handshakes to trade if anyone wants 'em as well as that Magnificent Mongolian.

Crates, too.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »
I've got two Scottish Handshakes to trade if anyone wants 'em as well as that Magnificent Mongolian.

Crates, too.
I'm interested in your Crates #3, 5, 7, 3x 17s, 24, and 3x 32s. 2 Scrap for all per your 6:1 comment from Steam?
What do want for it? Check my backpack (Stranges and anything equipped I am not going to give, besides that strange bonesaw.)

On an unrelated note, guess what Steam gave me.

THE FULL GAME OF PORTAL 1 FOR FREE.

HOLY SHIT
Nothing I see that I want at the moment, sorry.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:43:13 PM by yuyukos »
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2012, 03:52:09 PM »
Nothing I see that I want at the moment, sorry.

dammit

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2012, 12:28:20 AM »
Finally made a Backpack viewer thingy you can find my backpack here let me know if anyone wants something that is tradeable, all stranges are up for grabs except The Jag and Knife.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2012, 01:32:42 AM »
yuyukos: Friend me if you haven't already and message me when you're ready. I'll only trade 2 17s and 2 32s though. I'll throw in a random weapon to make up for it.

« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2012, 09:43:32 AM »
Finally made a Backpack viewer thingy you can find my backpack here let me know if anyone wants something that is tradeable, all stranges are up for grabs except The Jag and Knife.
That Strange Soda Popper looks mighty tasty. What would you like for it?

Edit- I have it now.  :3 This will do nicely. Thanks again
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:52:30 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2012, 04:59:46 PM »
Hmm...in all honesty, I'm not doing so great with my strange Amby. So if anyone got a Strange Enforcer later, I'm willing to trade mine up for that.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »
I know someone who'd kill for that S. Amby *looks at Frey*. Considering the current value on TF2 pricing guides is 1-2 rec, and IIRC S. Enforcers don't drop yet, it makes more sense to trade it off for the metal as I think the S. Enforcer will start with 1 ref minimum baseline.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:25:17 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2012, 06:21:49 PM »
Regrettably I lack the metal for such a transaction (since I keep giving spares to new players and thus cannot make metal). Last I heard the sharp dresser (a cosmetic knife for the spy) could be traded for a decent amount of metal, but I think Gpop would be better waiting for the enforcer crate to pop up. I doubt that it'll be too long before we see a crate with it (only 2-3 more years).  :V I could always give you my spare Coup' Disaster though! (again  :V)
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2012, 06:29:21 PM »
Coupe D'isasters tend to go for 1 to 1.33 ref, according to this. I think Gpop can throw in a few spare weapons along to even the deal a bit.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:32:01 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2012, 07:22:42 PM »
Nah, I'll just wait for a Strange Enforcer more. I really don't like the idea of trading for scraps.