Author Topic: Lunacy Star STG ~ Indefinitely Tabled ~  (Read 49080 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Lunacy Star 0.8.2 - Infinite Lives Spellcard Testing Version
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2012, 06:45:53 PM »
If the bullets sprites were more nonindicative of their hitboxes? :V

I jest.

I'm certainly not the best graphics artist in the world, what does "more like Touhou" refer to?

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »
Here's what I mean:

? Clear bullet graphics ( Like the ZUN shotdata )
? Clearer stage backgrounds and sprites
? Remilia Scarlet's Tea
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

Zil

« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
Wait, you said all of the bullets are supposed to go under the player? For me it only happens with the bubbles. The bullet sprite is under he ship's sprite so I can't see the edge of the bullet. If this happened with smaller bullets it would be a nightmare. Of course, the hitbox should still be visable above everything else.
The sprites themselves seem pretty well defined to me, except for those tiny grey ones that the hydra fleet uses in one of its attacks. Those are hard to see.

As for what happened to Jaimers I have no idea. My problem was that the score.ini would not be created, and I fixed it by just moving the game's folder.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »
I... think they're all supposed to be underneath. It's been a long time since I've messed with the depth settings.
So, bubbles under or over?
I don't remember, but I think that the general rule of thumb is that the larger it is the farther back it is.

I think it went like this:

Lunagun Bullet = Ancient Guardian "Saber" Bullet > Enormous Pink Sun > Yellow Sun = Metal Fatigue Bullet = Bubble Bullet = Large Stars > Player Sprite > Knives = Standard Bullet = "Space Fish" > Leaf Bullet = Rain Bullet = Zigzag Bullet = Small Stars = Tiny White

As for the error, *shrug*
I've never encountered it, but like I said, a known cause is not extracting the zip.

Zil

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2012, 08:16:08 PM »
Yeah I think even the giant bullets should go under the player, otherwise you can't see the edge of the bullet when you're right next to it. You'd have to try to judge the curvature from the parts that aren't covered by your sprite.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2012, 09:48:41 PM »
Here you go:

My Standard 1CC, 695 million
Something wrong with the video, it goes as slideshow :(

P.S.: Making a game wich you can barely clear on the easier difficulties is hilarious :)
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »
The video is set for six frames per second to prevent an assload of lag :/

I'd imagine. I find it funny, anyway. I'd play Rage mode, but Battle Cubez omfg
Lunatic is even worse.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »
That's not my way of making things. I'll make my game doable by myself even on hard mode.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »
I can totally do it.

Just not all at once.

If I made the higher difficulties beatable by myself, Lunatic would probably be about Ten Desires Normal level, and that's no fun. :/

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2012, 05:03:38 PM »
Ten Desires Normal mode is actually SA and EoSD easy mode. Except a few of Miko's nonspells ( Which is way hard : )
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:07:45 PM by Marisa-Chan »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »
Exactly my point!
I'd use some other game as an example, but I got to the final card in TD on my first try.
Lunatic mode in Lunacy Star, as far as I've noted, is probably Lunatic PCB or Lunatic MoF level or something.

I wouldn't know an awful lot, because I'm not a Lunatic player, trying to make a Lunatic difficulty for people that actually would play on it. It would get skewed somewhere along the line, natch.

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2012, 06:43:25 PM »
Lunatic mode on Lunacy Star is actually UFO and SA Lunatic Mode. You got giant amount of shitload giant balls spammed at you, nonstop moving boxes and purple things, and a shitload of bullets spammed at you. Tried it once, Failed at Stage 2 Dx

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »
Naaaaw, I don't think it's that bad?
I couldn't survive through half of Byakuren's fight on Lunatic (Devil's Recitation.), but I got to Sixth Trial: Embracement on LS.

Wait, practice mode gives you 11 lives and there are enough point items for three extends in stage 6.

Whoops!

I guess I'm nerfing everything then!

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2012, 10:32:38 PM »
Nerf it just a little bit. You don't want easy shit like Resurrection of Heaven's Liquor.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »
Well, it wouldn't hurt to be possible either.

My latest attempt at 1CCing Hard Mode (even though I can't Hard Mode most Touhou games anyway)

I got to Trick Formation in the Hydra Fleet battle :/

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2012, 03:33:50 PM »
SPELL EDITS FOR THE NEW VERSION:

Leaf Storm Standard was supposed to be easier, but it's suffering from severe Mountain of Faith Easy afflictions in that now that it is slower, bullets are more everywhere

Odd Blue Whirl made slower and easier
Other forms made more difficult

Catharsis ~ Release Ruin Hard made less easy- bubble columns are now curved instead of straight
Catharsis ~ Release Ruin Standard made less easy- gray bullet columns are now fragmented instead of straight

Science: Converge Cube and Mechination: Cube Cross made significantly easier, easy mode is now "Converge Shot" as it doesn't even produce squares of bullets

Inconsistent Splitting made slightly more difficult

Lunacy Star Supernovae made more difficult on Easy and Standard, increased to 164,000 HP and given bomb immunity

Fifth Trial: Resonance and Fifth Trial: Realization made slightly less alike, Resonance is more indicative of Calm and Standard mode and Realization of Rage and Lunacy

Lightspeed Lunagun made easier on Lunatic, increased gravity of Lunagun bullets

Things that I am about to do:

The Final ______ of the Guardian easier
Solitude: Divine Protection easier
Shock: Stella and Cometa edits
Third Trial: Torment harder
Snow Sine easier
Snake Sine easier
Laser Sine easier
Death Sine easier (somehow)
Fourth Trial: Misery and Depression- more room in purple circle, bug fix
Sixth Trial: Acceptance- harder
First Trial: Disbelief and Denial: waaay easier
Lunacy Star Supernovae will alternate directions in the cheeto laser phase and add extra waves in the knives phase (just because we didn't have enough BoLaDs)
Second Trial: Frustration less difficult (have you SEEN this attack)
Storm Danmaku less difficult
Angle Blaster more invincibility time
Maximum Blast less dense
Mysterious Magical Mirror more HP

THESE AREN'T SPELLS BUT ARE BEING CHANGED ANYWAY

Stage 4 Zigzag bullets will be changed into the Extra Stage Variable Speed Bullets
Stage 1 green bullets made slower
Stage 1 blue circles made slower
Stage 1 red circles on Rage made slower
Stage 1 triangle ships stop shooting when they're too low on the screen
Hydra Fleet Ships will add 1 to kill count for each and every ship rather than one kill for all of them
I will remember to turn on the slow precentage retabulation after the Battle Cubez, forgot to turn it on because the old demo terminated after stage 3
Stage 2 rainbow bullets will actually have a chance of hitting you on lower difficulties
Stage 3 enemies will be made more resistant to homing attacks because homing attacks are not supposed to murder everything that quickly
Homing bullets will actually home into Hydra Fleet Ships

One extend added somewhere in the main game.
(Have an idea where? Tell me!)

Rainbow things in stage 6 not impossible on Easy and Rage, and also dropping bombs
Green patterns in stage 5 edits

This list is mostly here for my future reference and also for y'all to suggest/modify/comment/add things.

So what do you think?

yorihime999

« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2012, 05:41:29 AM »
I'm excited....because I'm downloading right now :)

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
This game is WAY too hard. I couldn't beat easy, despite having beaten all windows touhou on normal...

Also, what's up with the third boss' second pattern on easy? It is too easy even for a first boss on easy!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »
Yeah, I'm curbing almost everything back.
It already feels like an entirely different game to me :V

As for Blue Droplets, it's really subjective. I have a hard time with it (higher difficulties at least), others don't.

At least it's... indicative of the difficulty label to you.

How far did you get, exactly?
The difficulty is kind of jaggedy in the latter stages because I'm the only one I know IRL who can play them.

Thanks for playing, though ~

Zil

« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2012, 09:10:53 AM »
I've been trying Rage a bit. I noticed that the purple head's survival spell kills me the instant it ends if I drifted too far to the side. I think it's from the ring of bullets returning to the center right before disappearing. If it's meant to do that though than I suppose it's fine. Also anywhere with those shifty zigzag bullets just feels totally unapproachable, but that's been mentioned. And the stage 4 midboss is microscopic. I never noticed before because I usually bomb it, but I found myself timing out the first spell because I couldn't hit the thing.
I may be able to do this difficulty once some of the other things have been fixed.
And if you can do Touhou on Normal you should be able to do this on Easy.

« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2012, 11:23:30 AM »
How far did you get, exactly?
The difficulty is kind of jaggedy in the latter stages because I'm the only one I know IRL who can play them.

Sixth stage boss first part. And bomb spam on the third stage boss really isn't easy difficulty.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2012, 01:55:05 PM »
@Zil I can't say that I've ever noticed this?
I'll check that out today.

Stage 4 has already been edited to hell. You guys would not have seen them, but the Extra stage has a special variety of bullets with variable speeds, not direction. I'm modifying the stage to fit those.

The S4 midboss, while 16x16, has all the same hitbox the others do, 48x48 :V
Of course, I'm stripping out it's randomized placement, though, because it's getting to annoy me as well.

Oh, no worries, the game already has had so many changes since 0.8/0.8.2. I'm certain that most of them will be for the better.

Saying "Taizen Chisou can play Touhou on Normal" might be a point of contention for some, btw :]

@Lyan I've changed a buuunch of the Battle Cubez. I'm certain the next distribution will be better.
As for the final boss, well. A lot of people apparently complain that it is "total bs."
But... it's the final boss ;-;

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2012, 03:33:29 AM »
What with the sequel in works -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSKavO2s2as&feature=related

- and the first being horribly obtuse and hard to make things in when compared to the sequel, I suppose the project has been shelved for now. A 0.9 release addressing most of the bugs and shot-fixes will be made, soon, but I wouldn't count on the Extra, Zero, Hydra Defenders, the Configurations setting, etc. being in it.

Besides, I'd like to take the time to ask that people find bugs or something.
In fact, I was just messing with the music room.
Surprise, surprise, highlighting a song past track 04 causes the other menus to be out of whack (the selector icon is missing), but moving up or down fixes it and sets whatever was highlighted in the Music Room to either track 1 or track 4.
I'm afraid that there might be much more than that hidden away in different places, so if any of you find any, then please say so!

(On the subject of the music room, what's your favorite/least disliked song?)

Well, I dunno. Bugs or scoring discussion. What, why, where to use overdrive. Because I'd like to know!

2 Calm Mode runs:
With overdrive : 503, 000, 000 / 50 Captures / 7 Deaths / 28 Bombs
Without overdrive: 386, 000, 000 / 44 Captures / 10 Deaths / 26 Bombs

On the whole, I just wanted to say thank you for all of the support, everyone who played and tested the game throughout the last 7 months or so, for helping me try to figure out just what exactly I'm doing :V

Edit:

*looks up from game*
Oh, and those of you who insist that Lunacy Star Supernovae is too easy, I implore you to try it out on Rage or Lunacy mode.
If you can get that far with the Practice resources. I lose at Sixth Trial on Lunacy, myself ;_;
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:54:32 AM by Chisou Taizen »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Re: Lunacy Star STG ~ Indefinitely Tabled ~
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2012, 06:25:13 PM »
For those of you who, for one, are still paying attention, and secondly, have knowledge of Game Maker:

Source to Lunacy Star 1, v. 0.8