Author Topic: Let Your Fists Do The Talking! Akyu Quest Continued!  (Read 64596 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Let Your Fists Do The Talking! Akyu Quest Continued!
« Reply #900 on: August 07, 2011, 05:38:33 PM »
>"No. I am trying to understand what you mean. I cannot see any way that we are less glorious in any way that matters."

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #901 on: August 07, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »
>"No. I am trying to understand what you mean. I cannot see any way that we are less glorious in any way that matters."

> The shrine maiden gives you a brief look.
> "You will remember soon enough."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #902 on: August 07, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
>"I expect I shall see. But it does not address the issue now. Whether or not glory lost means little to the situation now, which I cannot imagine you would find tolerable."

Fightest

« Reply #903 on: August 07, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »
>"I expect I shall see. But it does not address the issue now. Whether or not glory lost means little to the situation now, which I cannot imagine you would find tolerable."

> "It will end, and it will end soon. You do not need my presence to do what needs to be done. At least, what needs to be done in Heaven."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #904 on: August 07, 2011, 08:15:17 PM »
>"But will it end the proper way without you? I do not feel it would be the case."

Fightest

« Reply #905 on: August 07, 2011, 10:07:12 PM »
>"But will it end the proper way without you? I do not feel it would be the case."

> "Astute. But I can play my part in this performance without stepping foot off this shrine."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #906 on: August 07, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »
>"Oh?"

« Reply #907 on: August 08, 2011, 06:41:23 AM »
>"You spoke before of the petty power struggles the denizens of Gensokyo were involved in, this is a chance to help end one.  One that has indirectly targeted you by giving reason to youkai to attack you without reason.  Do you not bear grievances that you wish to resolve personally?  If not, do you not have a sense of duty to help resolve such an incident?"

Fightest

« Reply #908 on: August 08, 2011, 11:12:03 AM »
>"You spoke before of the petty power struggles the denizens of Gensokyo were involved in, this is a chance to help end one.  One that has indirectly targeted you by giving reason to youkai to attack you without reason.  Do you not bear grievances that you wish to resolve personally?  If not, do you not have a sense of duty to help resolve such an incident?"

> "You quite clearly misunderstand my motivations, so I shall answer clearly and concisely: no and no. I have no desire to involve myself more than what I am already forced to be. If someone challenges me, then I shall do as I always do."

>"Oh?"

> "Knock on the gates of Heaven, Hieda. If matters are not clear for you then, then I have little reason to indulge your persistence."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #909 on: August 08, 2011, 11:49:03 AM »
Bob, do we accuse her of giving up?

« Reply #910 on: August 09, 2011, 06:57:09 AM »
Well, Reimu is taking a back seat, just letting the misfortune come to pass; so in a way, she is giving up.
Though it would not behoove us if all we are doing is blaming her.  We may need to sincerely ask for her help too.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #911 on: August 09, 2011, 07:37:54 AM »
>"I need you there as I knock on the gates of heaven. I need everyone there. They need to see that arranged against them. If you know why this won't make a difference, then you need to tell me. Not this stuff about lost glory, I don't care about it, I care about what is happening right now, and what will happen."

Fightest

« Reply #912 on: August 09, 2011, 08:15:58 AM »
>"I need you there as I knock on the gates of heaven. I need everyone there. They need to see that arranged against them. If you know why this won't make a difference, then you need to tell me. Not this stuff about lost glory, I don't care about it, I care about what is happening right now, and what will happen."

> The Shrine Maiden hangs her head.
> "I cannot, Hieda. I cannot join you, and I cannot even give you the explanation you deserve, for you can receive no aid from me if this plan is to succeed. I have grabbed onto a thin thread of hope like a pathetic fool, and now I am bound by it. I beg you not to force me to break my bonds, Hieda - it has been a long time since I've allowed myself to hope.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #913 on: August 09, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »
>Frown.
>"If I were to venture a guess as to what happened, I suppose it would not be possible for you to confirm or deny it?"

Fightest

« Reply #914 on: August 09, 2011, 10:52:15 AM »
>Frown.
>"If I were to venture a guess as to what happened, I suppose it would not be possible for you to confirm or deny it?"

> The Shrine Maiden gives you a level gaze.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #915 on: August 09, 2011, 10:55:07 AM »
>"I thought not. Then, perhaps you could lend some aspect of your presence in another way?"
>What do we know of the Yin-Yang orb?

Fightest

« Reply #916 on: August 09, 2011, 01:06:42 PM »
>"I thought not. Then, perhaps you could lend some aspect of your presence in another way?"
>What do we know of the Yin-Yang orb?

> "Oh?"
> It is a decorative trinket that has always impressed visitors to the shrine, where the orb is on plain view above the offering box, with its craftsmanship and carving. Rumours about its granting immense power to the Shrine Maiden are unfounded.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #917 on: August 09, 2011, 01:32:27 PM »
>"Allow me to borrow your orb. If you cannot be with us in the flesh, then at least you can be with us symbolically."

Fightest

« Reply #918 on: August 09, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »
>"Allow me to borrow your orb. If you cannot be with us in the flesh, then at least you can be with us symbolically."

> "Fine. I am aware of what the right symbol at the right time can achieve."
> She carefully works the orb out of its setting and hands it to you.
> "Not a scratch on it, Hieda. Craftsmanship of this caliber does not exist any more."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #919 on: August 09, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
>Examine it. What does it seem to be made of? How large is it?
>Ponder some ways to transport it safely that we have access to.

« Reply #920 on: August 10, 2011, 07:37:26 AM »
>"But aren't you always kicking it around? Understood.  And thank you."
>Wrap it up in our - wait what are we wearing again?
>How heavy and big it it?

Fightest

« Reply #921 on: August 10, 2011, 04:43:18 PM »
>"But aren't you always kicking it around? Understood.  And thank you."
>Wrap it up in our - wait what are we wearing again?
>How heavy and big it it?
>Examine it. What does it seem to be made of? How large is it?
>Ponder some ways to transport it safely that we have access to.

> The Shrine Maiden gives you a brief nod.
> The orb is about the size of your head. It appears to have been cut from one piece of stone, yet the black-and-white pattern is perfect, unbroken and unmarred, as if the stone itself grew to be shaped into this ornament. You cannot see any seams or cracks in the orb. Its surface is so smooth that it feels as though it is covered in oil, and you find yourself having to be unusually careful that it does not slip from your hands.
> You are retroactively wearing a fresh kimono, one of your better ones, a fine piece made from black and orange silks. You can wrangle some of the wrappings out of your kimono to make a makeshift sack in which you can carry the orb whilst still remaining proper and fashionable.

« Reply #922 on: August 11, 2011, 06:09:29 AM »
>You can wrangle some of the wrappings out of your kimono to make a makeshift sack in which you can carry the orb whilst still remaining proper and fashionable.
>Do so. Stylish!
>"If it comes to it, would you trust Kirisame, or anyone else to watch over the Orb?"
>"We will meet again.  Thank you Reimu."

Expedite?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #923 on: August 11, 2011, 06:10:49 AM »
>Show her the note and compass. "Does this suggest anything to you? I received it earlier today."

Fightest

« Reply #924 on: August 11, 2011, 06:47:43 AM »
>Do so. Stylish!
>"If it comes to it, would you trust Kirisame, or anyone else to watch over the Orb?"
>"We will meet again.  Thank you Reimu."

Expedite?

> "Marisa? Yes. Nobody else, though."

>Show her the note and compass. "Does this suggest anything to you? I received it earlier today."

> The Shrine Maiden gives a brief look at the compass and where it is pointing and makes a wry smile.
> "No reason not to take it at face value."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #925 on: August 12, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »
>"And what value do you feel it wears on it's face?"

Fightest

« Reply #926 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
>"And what value do you feel it wears on it's face?"

> The Shrine Maiden bares her teeth.
> "Do not mistake allies for friends, Hieda, I have given you what is sufficient. Do not presume to take more."