Author Topic: Sanae Quest (Part 4)  (Read 51250 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Sanae Quest (Part 4)
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »
> Hold the look for a little while longer, then relax.
> "So... how long have you been in Gensokyo? Longer than I have, obviously."

> You hold the look for a little longer before relaxing and asking how long Remilia's been in Gensokyo.
> "We have lived here for around 13 years," she says.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2011, 05:59:57 PM »
>"Huh.. That's shorter than I'd thought. So, Reimu lived here long before you did?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2011, 06:01:07 PM »
>"Huh.. That's shorter than I'd thought. So, Reimu lived here long before you did?"

> "Reimu was born in Gensokyo, of course," Remilia says.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2011, 06:05:32 PM »
>"Was she? Then who were her parents?"
>For that matter, where are our parents?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2011, 06:07:22 PM »

> "I do not know."
> They're in the Outside World, of course.

> _

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »
Yono, why are you asking that? I don't even know how Reimu came up in the first place.

> "Ah, so you do know Reimu? Let me guess, she came here to beat everyone up, then served tea afterwards, right?"
> Sigh. Really, how did Reimu develop that habit anyways? We do our own share of knocking heads together, especially during the UFO incident, but Reimu's a bit scary about it.
> "Really, I'm a bit upset at myself for never coming around here earlier: I would've liked to see what the mansion looked like before the remodeling, though I quite like the greenhouse."
> Do we still have the newspaper, or did Sakuya take it with her?
> If we still have it, pull it out and flip to the food shortage article. "Speaking of which, I did come here to ask Miss Knowledge a few questions about the greenhouse."
> Wait, our parents are still around? Didn't Kanako-sama and Suwako-sama raise us?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2011, 06:15:25 PM »
> "Ah, so you do know Reimu? Let me guess, she came here to beat everyone up, then served tea afterwards, right?"
> Sigh. Really, how did Reimu develop that habit anyways? We do our own share of knocking heads together, especially during the UFO incident, but Reimu's a bit scary about it.
> "Really, I'm a bit upset at myself for never coming around here earlier: I would've liked to see what the mansion looked like before the remodeling, though I quite like the greenhouse."
> Do we still have the newspaper, or did Sakuya take it with her?
> If we still have it, pull it out and flip to the food shortage article. "Speaking of which, I did come here to ask Miss Knowledge a few questions about the greenhouse."
> Wait, our parents are still around? Didn't Kanako-sama and Suwako-sama raise us?

> "That is correct."
> How did Reimu even develop that habit?
> "Be glad you did not come right before the remodeling.  The mansion was quite beautiful even before this," Remilia says.
> You still have the newspaper, so you show the food shortage article to Remilia.
> "That is quite problematic.  Patchy, look at this."
> Patchouli shuts the book in her hands and takes a look at the article.  "...Iwasawarethattherewasnotalotoffoodbutwastherereallynotthatmuch, Remi?"
> "It seems that way."  Remilia can understand that?!
> Kanako-sama and Suwako-sama raised you.  You think your parents are still around, but...
> Huh.

> _

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »
> Gah, push that out of our mind until we can deal with it later. In fact, add Quest: "Whose Child Is This?": Ask Kanako-sama about our parents.
> "Sakuya already told me that Kazami Yuuka built the greenhouse, and I was going to speak with Aki Minoriko later to see if she can do something, as the goddess of the harvest, but I was curious if your magical power could assist. I know that one of the oni cities underground grows produce using magic, and they're having no difficulties as far as food goes."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »
> Gah, push that out of our mind until we can deal with it later. In fact, add Quest: "Whose Child Is This?": Ask Kanako-sama about our parents.
> "Sakuya already told me that Kazami Yuuka built the greenhouse, and I was going to speak with Aki Minoriko later to see if she can do something, as the goddess of the harvest, but I was curious if your magical power could assist. I know that one of the oni cities underground grows produce using magic, and they're having no difficulties as far as food goes."

> Ugh, you'll deal with that later!
> Quest Added: "Whose Child Is This?"
  > Ask Kanako-sama about our parents.
> "That would be plant or earth-based magic," Patchouli says.  "Magic to make the ground fertile, magic to produce seeds to start out with, and work from there.  While creating a cake or watermelon out of thin air would be difficult, it's much easier to produce grain seeds or fruit seeds, for example."

> _

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2011, 06:44:56 PM »
While creating a cake or watermelon out of thin air would be difficult,

> "Are you trying to tell us something Patchy? :V"
> "Is it something complicated to pull off, or can anyone do it?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2011, 06:47:14 PM »
> "Are you trying to tell us something Patchy? :V"
> "Is it something complicated to pull off, or can anyone do it?"

> "Mukyuuuu~"
> "Anyone can write the proper spells that create the seeds," Patchouli says.  "From there, it's just farming."

> _

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »
> "Hm... so, would you be willing to help? If only with helping find those spells or enriching soil or that sort of thing."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »
> "Hm... so, would you be willing to help? If only with helping find those spells or enriching soil or that sort of thing."

> "Yes.  I have those kinds of spells in my library."

> _

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
> Smile. "Great! I think I'll need to speak with Miss Kazami and Miss Aki first, to see what we can do."
> Oh, they arrived 13 years ago? That means...
> Flip the newspaper to the story about the radio tower. "By the way, have you ever heard of cell phones?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2011, 07:29:01 PM »
> Smile. "Great! I think I'll need to speak with Miss Kazami and Miss Aki first, to see what we can do."
> Oh, they arrived 13 years ago? That means...
> Flip the newspaper to the story about the radio tower. "By the way, have you ever heard of cell phones?"

> Patchouli nods sullenly.  "Good luck."
> 13 years ago, huh...
> You flip to the front page and show Patchouli and Remilia the radio tower article.
> "Hm...Marisa used one of those once," Patchouli says.  "Those devices seem to be very popular in the Outside World."
> "I have never used one before," Remilia says, flapping her wings again.  "But I hear they let you talk to people far away without the use of writing letters."

> _

« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2011, 07:31:15 PM »
> "That's right, and you could send text messages and pictures too- wait, Marisa had one?"
> Shake our head.
> "So, that radio tower makes using cell phones possible, so I was going to check it out. You know, see if I could get it working and be able to use cell phones here."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »
> "That's right, and you could send text messages and pictures too- wait, Marisa had one?"
> Shake our head.
> "So, that radio tower makes using cell phones possible, so I was going to check it out. You know, see if I could get it working and be able to use cell phones here."

> Marisa had one?
> "It was more like a 'walky talky' or whatever it is you people call them," Patchouli says, returning to her book.
> "These cell phones seem very useful," Remilia says.
> You're supposed to be talking about the radio tower...!
> "Even though these faeries have already claimed it?" Remilia asks.

> _

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
> Frown. "Don't see why they can't have it as their shrine and it be in working condition."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »
> Frown. "Don't see why they can't have it as their shrine and it be in working condition."

> "They take claims very seriously," Remilia explains.  "I would know; there are many faerie maids working here."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 07:55:13 PM »
>"Then maybe we can convince them to let others use just so it makes their claim that much more awesome!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »
>"Then maybe we can convince them to let others use just so it makes their claim that much more awesome!"

> "That would be one way of convincing them," Patchouli says.

> _

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »
>"One way, huh? Sounds like you have experience on that field, too!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2011, 08:09:32 PM »
>"One way, huh? Sounds like you have experience on that field, too!"

> "There are faeries in my library, as well."  Patchouli ducks behind her book.

> _

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2011, 08:13:09 PM »
> Does Patchouli seemed abashed by her explanation, or is it just her ignoring the conversation?
> About what time is it?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2011, 08:24:05 PM »
> Does Patchouli seemed abashed by her explanation, or is it just her ignoring the conversation?
> About what time is it?

> She just looks like she wants to read.
> It's nighttime, but it's not midnight yet as far as you're concerned.

> _

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »
> "So what do you end up doing during the nighttime? Not a lot of people are awake around this time, I can imagine it can get boring after a while."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2011, 08:40:13 PM »
> "So what do you end up doing during the nighttime? Not a lot of people are awake around this time, I can imagine it can get boring after a while."

> "There is a lot to do," Remilia says.  "There is the library, and you can go flower-viewing in the greenhouse, go for walks outside, dance, listen to or play the piano; we sometimes awaken during daylight as well."

> _

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »
So, the question is: what do we do? This late at night, there's not going to be a lot of people active, and they might be a bit peeved at us waking them up. It was a stroke of luck here, but not everywhere. We could lollygag around here, but, honestly, I think we should eventually go back to the shrine and at least grab a nap so that we're not worn out in the afternoon.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2011, 09:12:33 PM »
Aren't a lot of youkai nocturnal?

I would suggest trying to find this radio tower, but going through the forest of magic at night sounds like blind stumbletimes.

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »
Finding a radio tower that we have an inkling of an idea of, in a forest that we barely know, in the middle of the night, and there's still snow on the ground. Sounds like a brilliantly wonderful idea.

Though, it has occurred to me that we could check out the Prismriver Mansion again.