Author Topic: Sanae Quest (Part 4)  (Read 51267 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Sanae Quest (Part 4)
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:03:43 AM »
> You are Kochiya Sanae, and you're solving incidents like a boss!
> You had had a lot of free time now, so you and Tatara Kogasa decided to go sight-seeing in the Underground for a week.  However, it had only been two days and there are ghosts underground.  They're everywhere.  As an incident solver, there was no way you could leave this alone!  Now you've gotten caught up in all sorts of things.
> You have discovered Konpaku Youmu, and in the process discovered the ghost girl Madotsuki, who had traveled underground with her friend "Mary" for some reason.  You've taken it upon yourself to find someone to hook Reimu up with.  You've discovered a greenhouse at the Scarlet Devil Mansion and Kikuri at the Myouren Temple.  You've discovered the existence of dream worlds.  You're kind of worried about Konngara isolating herself in her shrine.  You've managed to return Madotsuki to the Netherworld and return her flute.  You've vowed to do something about the food issues in Gensokyo after the Day of Kikuri.  During a dream, you created a new world for Poniko and the other inhabitants of Madotsuki's dream world to live in, almost dying in the process and worrying Kogasa sick.  You've travelled all the way back to Youkai Mountain, and during the journey you promised Parsee you'd punch the girl with fluffy wings.  You also reunited with Kanako-sama and told her about what happened.  While talking with her, you've decided to go the SDM to ask about using their greenhouse to solve the food issues in Gensokyo.  You've traveled to the Tengu Village and picked up copies of the Bunbunmaru and Kakashi Spirit News.  You then flew to the SDM in hopes of talking to its residents about the food issues.  You're also planning on looking into the radio tower in the Forest of Magic that has been taken over by faeries, double-checking to make sure everyone migrated to your dream world safely, check out that giant robot you asked Kanako-sama about, and improve your cooking still.  There's also news floating around about a yamabiko at the Myouren Temple, but you haven't seen her yet.
> Right now, you're at the SDM gates talking to the night shift guard, a curly-haired woman with a scythe.

> Inventory:

> Shrine maiden clothes (currently equipped)
> Frog hairpin (currently equipped)
  > A hairpin with the blessings of Moriya Suwako.
> Snake charm (currently equipped)
  > A charm with the blessings of Yasaka Kanako.
> Gohei
  > Youkai-beating miko stick that looks like a spatula.
> ?4850
> Photo of you and Nue
  > You keep this in your shirt as a keepsake of the UFO incident.
> x1 drawing (ghost girl)
  > A drawing of Madotsuki.  Given to you by Yuyuko for future reference.
> x1 drawing (kogasana)
  > A drawing of you and Kogasa, drawn by Yuyuko as a request.
> x1 Bunbunmaru
  > A copy of Aya's newspaper
> x1 Kakashi Spirit News
  > A copy of Hatate's newspaper

>  Quests:

> Go Go Miko Rangers!
  > You have decided to ask Suwako-sama about the giant robot.
> You've found out from Kanako-sama that the giant robot is in some mountains near Youkai Mountain, directly underneath Bhava-Agra's main island.

> Who You Gonna Call?
  > A huge number of ghosts from the surface are swarming the Underground! Are you a bad enough miko to solve this incident?
  > The huge number of ghosts have come from the Netherworld, led by two girls: Madotsuki, and another who looks like "Yukari".
  > You have vowed to find Madotsuki and find out how to stop the dream world she created from crumbling.
  > You have found Madotsuki and returned her to the Netherworld.  Now all that's left is to find her friend "Mary" and stop Madotsuki's dream world from crumbling.
  > You have managed to create a dream world for the remaining denizens of Madotsuki's dream world to escape to.

> Red Shrine Maiden Needs Date Badly!
  > Keep a look out for potential girlfriends for Reimu. Konngara's a bust, but there might be hope with Satori...

> Yomigaeru, Iron Chef!
  > Continue levelling up our cooking skill!

> In 20XX Gensokyoan Diety Minoriko Aki Recorded: Rock Me Amadeus
  > Inquire with Minoriko about possible solutions to food issues.
  > Ask the SDM about using their greenhouse to grow food.

> Skills: Miracles

> Light as a Feather
  > You are abnormally light.  The slightest gust of wind can send you flying.
> Miracle Fruit
  > You can make miracle fruit grow instantly on any plant or tree, dead or alive.
> From the Aether
  > Grass, small plants, and miracle fruit will sometimes appear around you when you walk around.
> Purifying Bomb
  > You can build up a charge, and release it as purifying energy.

> Spellcards:

> Estorica "Gray Thaumaturgy"
> Wonder "Daytime Guest Stars"
> Sea Opening "Moses's Miracle"
> Great Miracle "Yasaka's Divine Wind"
> Miracle "Miracle Fruit"

> Granted, we've known Meiling for all of maybe ten minutes.
> "So, have you been working here long? What's it like working for a vampire?"

> You haven't even known Meiling for that long.
> "Not even two months.  It's certainly new being on vigil all night like this and sleeping during the day."

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Re: Sanae Quest (Part 4)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 12:06:56 AM »
> "Wow, that must be kind of rough. Are you busy during the night? I mean, I guess you might be, what with there being a vampire here."
> Wait for her to finish unlocking the gate.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 12:25:39 AM »
> "Wow, that must be kind of rough. Are you busy during the night? I mean, I guess you might be, what with there being a vampire here."
> Wait for her to finish unlocking the gate.

> "All I have to do is stand out here and make sure no intruders get past.  It could be worse.  I could be a maid."  The woman snickers a little as she finishes unlocking the gate.  As the doors swing open, she says, "You can head on in."

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »
> "Hey, Sakuya's a maid and she's pretty awesome. Thanks for letting me in!"
> Walk through the gates and up to the main doors. Knock.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 12:29:34 AM »
> "Hey, Sakuya's a maid and she's pretty awesome. Thanks for letting me in!"
> Walk through the gates and up to the main doors. Knock.

> "Uh-huh.  Have fun in there!"
> The woman closes the gates behind you as you walk up to the main doors.
> You knock on the door, and it's answered almost immediately by a faerie in a maid dress.
> "...Ah!  Welcome to the Scarlet Devil Mansion!"  The faerie curtsies as best as she can.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 12:39:23 AM »
>"Hi! Is Sakuya around?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 12:41:42 AM »
>"Hi! Is Sakuya around?"

> "Yes."  The faerie nods.  "Please follow me."  She turns and starts walking down the hallway.

> _

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 12:44:29 AM »
> Follow!
> "So, is there a party going on?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 12:48:01 AM »
> Follow!
> "So, is there a party going on?"

> You follow the faerie maid down the hall.  As you walk, you ask if there's a party going on.
> "No, it's simply breakfast time," the faerie answers.  She reaches a door at the end of the hallway, a door that you recognize as the door to the ballroom and, by extension, the greenhouse.

> _

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 12:51:00 AM »
> "Breakfast? It's in the middle of the- oh, right."
> Wait for the maid to let us in the ballroom.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 12:55:01 AM »
> "Breakfast? It's in the middle of the- oh, right."
> Wait for the maid to let us in the ballroom.

> Why are they having breakfast if it's oh wait vampires.
> You wait as the maid opens the door to the ballroom.  Inside, you see some faerie maids bustling around, as well as a few people seated at the table.  Sakuya is pushing a tea cart with breakfast stuffs on it.

> _

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 01:09:44 AM »
> Hm, don't they announce our presence before we enter? Wait to see if the maid will do that. If she doesn't, step inside.
> "Ah, Sakuya!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 01:19:25 AM »
> Hm, don't they announce our presence before we enter? Wait to see if the maid will do that. If she doesn't, step inside.
> "Ah, Sakuya!"

> The faerie maid walks over to Sakuya and says something to her.  Sakuya looks in your direction as you call out to her, and hands the cart off to another maid so that she can walk over to you.
> "Good morning, Sanae."
> Now that you're in the ballroom, you see eating breakfast at the table Patchouli and a very sleepy-looking Meiling sitting at the table.  Patchouli is wearing fluffy, warm-looking pajamas and has her face buried in a thick book, while Meiling is wearing some sort of green nightgown and looks ready to faceplant her poached eggs and toast.  There is also a young girl you've never seen before.  She's wearing an off-white nightgown and matching mob cap over her pale blue hair, and she is sporting red eyes and batlike wings.  Is that...a vampire?
> Sakuya seems to catch herself.  "Oh, I mean, it's morning for the mansion."

> _

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 01:26:36 AM »
> "Good morning to you, too. I didn't realize that you were eating; should I come back later?"
> Peer around her at Meiling. "Also, um, is she all right? She looks beat."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 01:28:53 AM »
> "Good morning to you, too. I didn't realize that you were eating; should I come back later?"
> Peer around her at Meiling. "Also, um, is she all right? She looks beat."

> "That depends on whether Milady wishes to speak with you now or not."
> You glance over at Meiling.  She looks exhausted.
> "She's still tired from her shift.  She'll probably be going to bed after she finishes eating."

> _

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 01:32:47 AM »
> Lower voice: "Well, mostly I came to ask Patchouli a few questions and catch up with you, but is it all right if I at least greet the mistress of the mansion? I've never met a vampire before."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 01:40:22 AM »
> Lower voice: "Well, mostly I came to ask Patchouli a few questions and catch up with you, but is it all right if I at least greet the mistress of the mansion? I've never met a vampire before."

> "I see...I'm sure Milady wouldn't mind..."
> The girl with batlike wings looks up from her breakfast and flaps her wings.  "Sakuya, who is that?"
> Patchouli peers over her book at you, then hides back behind it.  Meiling stifles a yawn.

> _

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 01:48:06 AM »
> Wait for Sakuya to introduce us.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 02:06:39 AM »
> Wait for Sakuya to introduce us.

> You wait quietly as Sakuya turns back to the girl.
> "This is Kochiya Sanae of the Moriya Shrine."
> "A shrine maiden?"  The girl flaps her wings again.  "I am Remilia Scarlet of the Scarlet Devil Mansion."
> It's kind of hard for her to look dignified while she's wearing a nightgown and eating a waffle, though...

> _

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 02:08:28 AM »
> Bow politely to Remilia.
> "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Scarlet. I hope I'm not intruding on you."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 02:12:48 AM »
> Bow politely to Remilia.
> "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Scarlet. I hope I'm not intruding on you."

> You bow politely to Remilia.  Perhaps you came at the wrong time...?
> "I would have preferred you come when it was not breakfast; moreover, what is it that you have come to my mansion for?"

> _

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 02:20:30 AM »
> Hm... maybe we should butter her up a bit?
> "Well, as a shrine maiden, I try to make acquaintance with some of the more notable people of Gensokyo. However, I've never had the opportunity to meet you, so I thought that I should remedy that."
> Almost as an aside: "And, I figured that since I was coming here, I could speak with Sakuya and Miss Knowledge: I didn't have a chance to talk to Sakuya at the Prismriver mansion, and I had a few questions for Miss Knowledge."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 02:27:37 AM »
> Hm... maybe we should butter her up a bit?
> "Well, as a shrine maiden, I try to make acquaintance with some of the more notable people of Gensokyo. However, I've never had the opportunity to meet you, so I thought that I should remedy that."
> Almost as an aside: "And, I figured that since I was coming here, I could speak with Sakuya and Miss Knowledge: I didn't have a chance to talk to Sakuya at the Prismriver mansion, and I had a few questions for Miss Knowledge."

> You contemplate buttering her up, and explain how you wanted to better acquaint yourself with the more notable residents of Gensokyo.  Remilia listens as she chews and swallows a piece of waffle.
> "A good decision.  In Gensokyo, we are at least heard of in most if not all parts," Remilia says.  "And we, of course, know of most other places here."
> Patchouli lowers her book so that only her eyes are visible, and she looks over at you.

> _

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 02:30:24 AM »
> "I apologize for interrupting your meal, I can wait outside if you wish..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 02:36:12 AM »
> "I apologize for interrupting your meal, I can wait outside if you wish..."

> "Very well, if you wish.  Sakuya?"
> Sakuya immediately turns to face Remilia.  "Yes, Milady?"
> "It is bad manners to suddenly send a guest out.  Accompany her in waiting."
> "Understood."

> _

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 02:39:52 AM »
> Bow politely to Remilia, then follow Sakuya out.
> When we're outside: "I'm sorry about intruding, Sakuya. I didn't think that you guys were eating."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 02:42:10 AM »
> Bow politely to Remilia, then follow Sakuya out.
> When we're outside: "I'm sorry about intruding, Sakuya. I didn't think that you guys were eating."

> You bow politely, then follow Sakuya out of the ballroom.
> When the two of you have reached the courtyard, you apologize for intruding.  Sakuya shakes her head.
> "It's fine.  But, to echo Milady's question, what brings you here?"

> _

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 02:43:29 AM »
> "Well, a few reasons. I wanted to see how you were doing, since we didn't really catch up back at the other mansion, and I wanted to ask Patchouli about that greenhouse she made."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 01:19:44 PM »
> "Well, a few reasons. I wanted to see how you were doing, since we didn't really catch up back at the other mansion, and I wanted to ask Patchouli about that greenhouse she made."

> "Oh."  Sakuya seems a little surprised.  "I've been doing fine.  What did you want to know about the greenhouse?"

> _

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 01:38:16 PM »
> "I mostly wanted to know how it was made, and if Patchouli was willing to make another one."
> Pull out our copy of the Bunbunmaru, with the article about the crop shortages, and show it to Sakuya.
> "I was going to talk to the goddess of the harvests, to see if she could help, but a greenhouse would be really useful, I think."