Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 68510 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (NIGHT 5)
« Reply #870 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:50 PM »
Ixnay on the ametalk-gay. :|

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #871 on: May 02, 2011, 10:40:33 PM »
MAFIA SPOILERS
Spoiler:
Rosebud is the final scum! That killed Dumbledore! On Good Friday

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #872 on: May 02, 2011, 10:53:34 PM »
IXNAY ON YOUR PIG

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #873 on: May 02, 2011, 11:09:10 PM »
Mission Accomplished. Now let's get out of here and onto the next game.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #874 on: May 02, 2011, 11:18:39 PM »
I still hate everything. ;_;
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #875 on: May 02, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
:V

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #876 on: May 02, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »
ITT not all scum are mafia.  :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #877 on: May 02, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
Bah: Bahhhhh- I r sheep

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #878 on: May 02, 2011, 11:42:51 PM »
ITT not all scum are mafia.  :V
ITT not all scum are players.

Note PX's appearance five posts ago.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #879 on: May 02, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »

Note PX's appearance five posts ago.

He's not even a player, and I'm already convinced he's scum.

Vote: PX

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #880 on: May 02, 2011, 11:59:19 PM »
Playing a game with PX sounds like a lot of fun to me!

Don't lynch me.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #881 on: May 03, 2011, 12:09:08 AM »
You guys all suck.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #882 on: May 03, 2011, 12:14:32 AM »
Assuming the night actions have been sent in, starting the last day would be great. Everyone's been online since the beginning of the night.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #883 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:30 AM »
>_>

I don't know who you're talking about.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #884 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »
But Omba I'm sleepy ;-; I can't post when I'm cranky

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #885 on: May 03, 2011, 12:29:52 AM »
No one said you had to post right away. :V

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #886 on: May 03, 2011, 12:32:10 AM »
Remember to quicklynch so it's over in 2 minutes. :V

« Reply #887 on: May 03, 2011, 12:33:55 AM »
I'm fine with quicklynching you, sure.
##Vote PX

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 6)
« Reply #888 on: May 03, 2011, 12:34:51 AM »
I like your pepper sauce, mister!

BARDICHE!  COME ON DOWN!

You died! :D

Bardiche was a townsperson.

BWEEP BWEEP BWEEP IT'S LYLO BWEEP BWEEP BWEEP

Shadoweh, Omba, and Kitten4U are alive.  Everyone else is dead.  Forever.  It is day 6.  With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.  Don't screw this one up, kids.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #889 on: May 03, 2011, 12:41:28 AM »
Just as planned. Except Kitten4u is still alive so that plan died. :V

Anyway. Both of you please make a case on each other. Doesn't need to be long. Don't already assume you're going to win/die.

Shadoweh: Why did you hammer ActionDan before Kitten4u could post her full cases?

Shadoweh

« Reply #890 on: May 03, 2011, 12:45:35 AM »
Because I make bad decisions after waking up she said she wasn't going to. She linked back to the old cases she made and they seemed good enough at the time. :fail:

I'm just going to get this part out of the way now. Kitten4u is truly too cute to lynch ;-;

##Vote: Kitten4u

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #891 on: May 03, 2011, 12:54:12 AM »
Only she never had a chance to reply to what I've wrote. And before that, she had cited my preceding post as a reason for not bothering to write the full cases.

Shadoweh

« Reply #892 on: May 03, 2011, 01:03:42 AM »
Which of your posts are you talking about? I don't remember seeing anything that I thought would change her mind if even me asking directly didn't. You still seemed like you wanted her lynch regardless anyways. And I didn't think it mattered. Because I fell for what she was pushing. The impression I got was that she didn't care because you were making it impossible for her to win.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #893 on: May 03, 2011, 01:07:17 AM »
##Vote Shadoweh

I...I'm sorry.  I've lost the game for us.  Omba, I don't think you realize exactly what you said to me yesterday.  I'll just say this now instead of waiting for the post game: never say something like that to someone ever again.  There is nothing more demoralizing, and like I said yesterday, you hit me in a spot I can't deal with.  I still can't even look at this game without crying.  I really don't want to give up, but I really don't think I can reread this game again.  Again, I'm sorry if this means we lose the game, but I can't do it.

I still want to address this line of thought because it makes no sense.  As scum, I need EVERYONE lynched.  Trying super hard to make someone look townie is counter-productive to that goal.  It is not counter-productive to my town goal: keep people I think are town alive.  It is not helpful to focus on one person.  If I only needed ONE of them lynched it would be, but since I would need them both dead the only logical course of action would be to cast as much doubt on everyone as possible.  Declaring someone as town like that would just be stupid.  You said it yourself:
Quote from: Omba
Of course that means you're likely screwed once your target flips town,
It makes no sense.  "Divide and conquer" does not work in this situation.  My best chance of living did not come from buddying up to anyone.  My best chance of living came from casting enough doubt on everyone so that they would get lynched.  Two potential lynch targets > one potential lynch target.  At the very least, if I, for whatever reason, had a lapse of logic and did think that buddying was the best way to live why would I choose to buddy up to SHADOWEH of all people?  Dan had already proven that he was willing to ignore people that declared him town.  Hell, I didn't even need either of them on my side.  Why wouldn't I buddy up to the confirmed townies?  You know, the only ones that would matter at all?

. If you really are town and only want to ensure Shadoweh does not get lynched because you're dead sure she's town, too, then it shouldn't matter all that much to you if you're dying before Dan.
While logically sound, this is a bad way to think.  I was trying SO hard to convince people I was town despite everything that happened with Polaris.  I was trying SO hard to get people to go after who I thought was scum.  I was trying SO hard to get people to think the person I thought was town was town.  You can't ignore the emotional side of Mafia.  You dismissed everything I said like it didn't even matter.  Even if that was not your intention, it's what you said to me.  I don't think you realize what this does to me, especially after working so hard.

Just something to think about for future games I guess.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Shadoweh

« Reply #894 on: May 03, 2011, 01:28:16 AM »
I still want to address this line of thought because it makes no sense.  As scum, I need EVERYONE lynched.  Trying super hard to make someone look townie is counter-productive to that goal.  It is not counter-productive to my town goal: keep people I think are town alive.  It is not helpful to focus on one person.  If I only needed ONE of them lynched it would be, but since I would need them both dead the only logical course of action would be to cast as much doubt on everyone as possible.
The thing is, the way you went about making me look super townie was by never presenting any proof on why I wasn't scum. And it WAS helpful to focus the way you did because you didn't just focus on me 'being town', you also focused on Dan 'being scum'. As long as you got one of us here you could hold out on the chance the other confirmed town would doubt me the same way. And frankly I think I look bad right now for believing you in the first place.
At the very least, if I, for whatever reason, had a lapse of logic and did think that buddying was the best way to live why would I choose to buddy up to SHADOWEH of all people?  Dan had already proven that he was willing to ignore people that declared him town.  Hell, I didn't even need either of them on my side.  Why wouldn't I buddy up to the confirmed townies?  You know, the only ones that would matter at all?
Because Dan was already tunneling on how you must be scum via his own system and I'm more likely to listen if you phrase your case with what I perceive to be town intent. We were all fed up with Dan's antics over the last few days. I was also more likely to listen to you on the basis that you are K4u and I'm terribly biased in your favor despite myself, and it probably makes me a terrible player but there it is.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #895 on: May 03, 2011, 01:32:54 AM »
Kitten4u:
Well, my actual plan was to lynch you and if you were to flip town, Shadoweh; unless you were to provide some new insight on ActionDan that would really make me think he's scum. I was actually already getting a feeling you'd flip town, but there was no way I'd get a Shadoweh lynch last day. Plus, stating I want Shadoweh dead before you would have made me the likely NK target if she is scum.

I still want to address this line of thought because it makes no sense.  As scum, I need EVERYONE lynched.  Trying super hard to make someone look townie is counter-productive to that goal.[...]
I didn't say anything about buddying up. Taking a strong stance like that is good way to skew people's perception of something. If you had tried to attack both players that looked more town than you on the same day, that would not have worked nearly as well. Of course, if you are able to pull it off, attacking both would be best. But again, that's if you're able to.
Focusing on only one player would have been what I'd do as scum. Then hope I somehow don't get killed on the last day. Because in your position, I'd have been sure I'd die if went to for both others at the same time. But, as I said, that doesn't make you scum.

While logically sound, this is a bad way to think.  I was trying SO hard to convince people I was town despite everything that happened with Polaris.  I was trying SO hard to get people to go after who I thought was scum.  I was trying SO hard to get people to think the person I thought was town was town.  You can't ignore the emotional side of Mafia.  You dismissed everything I said like it didn't even matter.  Even if that was not your intention, it's what you said to me.  I don't think you realize what this does to me, especially after working so hard.
I only restated what you had already written. Namely that you were expecting to die and wanted to make sure Shadoweh does not get lynched. And yes, I did dismiss it, kind of. I should probably have stated that I was sleepy and just wanted to get that part out. On the other hand, you giving up would have had exactly the result I wanted if Bard didn't vote ActionDan.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I'm leaning towards lynching Shadoweh.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #896 on: May 03, 2011, 01:35:50 AM »
Which of your posts are you talking about? I don't remember seeing anything that I thought would change her mind if even me asking directly didn't. You still seemed like you wanted her lynch regardless anyways. And I didn't think it mattered. Because I fell for what she was pushing. The impression I got was that she didn't care because you were making it impossible for her to win.
This one.
Considering she said before that she mainly wanted to make sure you survive, I'd have thought that post might get her to flesh out her cases.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #897 on: May 03, 2011, 01:45:35 AM »
Well, my actual plan was to lynch you and if you were to flip town, Shadoweh;
This is what made me sadface in the first place. :V  And then you went all "nope going to lynch you anyway," which in my mind at the time, meant we were totally screwed no matter what I did.  So yeah, demoralizing.

Quote from: Shadoweh
The thing is, the way you went about making me look super townie was by never presenting any proof on why I wasn't scum.
But I did!  I responded to everything Kiro threw at me.  I responded to anything anyone asked me.  You don't need a huge wall of text to defend someone.

As for everything else I think I'd just be repeating myself at this point.  Scum's most powerful tools are doubt and confusion.  I was not using either.  That's really all I can say on that.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Shadoweh

« Reply #898 on: May 03, 2011, 01:47:06 AM »
Kitten4u:
Well, my actual plan was to lynch you and if you were to flip town, Shadoweh; unless you were to provide some new insight on ActionDan that would really make me think he's scum. I was actually already getting a feeling you'd flip town, but there was no way I'd get a Shadoweh lynch last day. Plus, stating I want Shadoweh dead before you would have made me the likely NK target if she is scum.
You already made it clear a few times you wanted me dead before Dan. So did Bard before yesterday, and somehow I think he wouldn't be impressed with me right now either. I think either of you were likely to have voted for me at this point.

This one.
Considering she said before that she mainly wanted to make sure you survive, I'd have thought that post might get her to flesh out her cases.
I didn't think so. It was pretty obvious she had already given up on trying to reason with anyone at that point, and since you were the one that set her off I didn't think anything you said could convince her. And you did sound unreasonable, that's why I unvoted in the first place. I thought you were likely to hammer her if you thought people were considering Dan instead.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #899 on: May 03, 2011, 01:56:50 AM »
This is what made me sadface in the first place. :V  And then you went all "nope going to lynch you anyway," which in my mind at the time, meant we were totally screwed no matter what I did.  So yeah, demoralizing.
I thought I hadn't made it obvious whom I wanted dead after you at that point. :V

I didn't think so. It was pretty obvious she had already given up on trying to reason with anyone at that point, and since you were the one that set her off I didn't think anything you said could convince her. And you did sound unreasonable, that's why I unvoted in the first place. I thought you were likely to hammer her if you thought people were considering Dan instead.
Huh. I wasn't going to hammer anyone before either the discussion ended or The Rocks were closing in. But I guess me previously helping Dan with hammering could have made you think that; you had no way of knowing I didn't plan on quicklynching Zakeri.

Anyway, seems there's not much left to add for either of you, so I'll end this.

##Vote: Shadoweh