Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 68494 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (NIGHT 2)
« Reply #540 on: April 27, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »
Why does anyone want it to end ;-; I want this night to last foreeeever <3 At this rate I'll be the one that dies of massive embarrassment attax! Good thing UK is there for me ;~; We should always policy lynch Schezo. FOREVER SCUM! Even if he's sooooo kyoot~!

I think someone should give him IP. Like Dormio.
Uh, you know, we can like, all give him IP together <.< You're cyan too you kitzblurgen!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #541 on: April 27, 2011, 07:39:14 AM »
We should always policy lynch Schezo. FOREVER SCUM! Even if he's sooooo kyoot~!
Do this and I might have to consider getting irritated with you. >:(
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #542 on: April 27, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »
What the hell is going on in here?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #543 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:46 AM »
Hey huh what want to be my co-host for Shipper's Wall Mafia? Pesco said he loves the idea! :D

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #544 on: April 27, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »
What the hell is going on in here?
Something amazing.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 3)
« Reply #545 on: April 27, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
Zak, I loved your fanfic, but I had to make one minor correction.

UncertainKitten has been killed during the night. She was a Vanilla Town

Fixed.

It is now Day 3.  You have 72 hours to play.  With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Triumph or die!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:08:36 PM by Edible »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #546 on: April 27, 2011, 03:08:28 PM »
Wait, what? I was seriously killed? What the HELL?

Well, have fun guys.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #547 on: April 27, 2011, 03:11:02 PM »
So this is where I go :derp: at Sect actually flipping scum and me claiming to be his scumbuddy. Ahahahaha... ha. Can't you see how hilarious this is? Are you laughing? I am laughing.

##Vote: Zakeri, for the reasons stated before. Bad jump on Sect looks bad still, it's like a bus! Whoosh!

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #548 on: April 27, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
Time for some hard maths

I present: The Living!

2) Bardiche
4) Shadoweh
6) Action Dan
7) NeoSerela
8) huh what
9) Hanged Hourai
10) Omba
11) Kiro
12) Polaris (K4U hydra)

Anyway, 9 people total, 7 whose alignments aren't know,

MAY the COP come FORTH!

LET us say he/she cleared 2 people not dead/not already confirmed.  IF not ignore EVERYTHING I HAVE TO SAY

then I think we win. NO MATTER WHAT

9 people 5 confirmed 4 unconfirmed

lynch one kill one.

7 people 4 confirmed 3 unconfirmed

repeat.

5 people 3 confirmed 2 unconfirmed

3 people 2 confimed 1 unconfirmed

BINGO

TOWN WIN!

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #549 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »
Normally I hate gaming the setup but that is a surprisingly erudite thought and I find myself drawn to you.

ActionDan

« Reply #550 on: April 27, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »
This also works if the cop at least cleared only one other person (that wasn't me) and everybody assumes I'm town (which should be almost as clear as day at this point).  But since hates banking on ObvTown/ObvScum, I won't push this.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #551 on: April 27, 2011, 03:52:46 PM »
I apparently have no idea how to play this game.

Ok, I look super horrible, so I'm gonna try and present an alternate lynch.

##Vote: Polaris

My case on him from yesterday with Dormio still stands. In addition to the only time he mentioned Sect D1 was to have someone explain their thought process on why he's scum.

Then we jump over to D2 where Polaris actually says something on him, and Sect already has 3 votes while everyone else has 1. In that post, you express willingness to lynch him, but disappear for the rest of the day and not do anything.
Plus, your case on me reeks of easy target. Do you still find it valid?

ActionDan

« Reply #552 on: April 27, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »
Anyway.... Not that Zak isn't suspicious, but he is clearly not the guy to go after.

aside from our two confirmed towns, the day 3 color scale list looks like the day 2 one.

ME!
Shadoweh
Zak
Polaris
HW
Bardiche
Hourai

Bard I thought your priorities were on HH, who didn't even seem willing to mention Sect yesterday (or did he in  his last post? checking later, but if so it was far too late). The vote on Zak seems way to early to think of busing yet.

So, ##Vote Bard, but I'd be willing to change to HH.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #553 on: April 27, 2011, 04:08:48 PM »
So, no matter what Polaris has done, or said, I still clear him because of the Dormio switch vote.  It was the crucial vote that decided the D1 lynch.  He knew that the Dormio supporters were all up and awake.  I am pretty sure that you guys would have crumbled and voted me (some of you even stated you would *coughshadowehcough*), had it still been 5-5.  I still can't think of any good reason for him to switch to make it 6-4 in my favor.  If he were scum!Polaris he would have waited, let you guys lynch me, had no one suspect him, and on top of that, save a scum and draw attention to my wagon, which would have had 7 people on it.

Tell me that you would seriously vote him over Bard, HH, HW, and hell, zak or even freaking shadoweh. 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #554 on: April 27, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »
EBWOP: I only put him at red because he has, in many of his posts, felt quite scummy.  BUT his actions are townie, and actions speak louder than words (*coughsectcough*).

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #555 on: April 27, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »
About the cop thing: It might be a good idea for him to claim now even if he's cleared only 1 other living person; we don't know if ActionDan is town, so we won't have the certain victory we would if the cop had already cleared 2 people, but in exchange, we won't risk the cop getting killed next night before he can claim. Not sure though.

Will re-read later before voting.

ActionDan

« Reply #556 on: April 27, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »
o ya, Omba you didn't sheild UK did you?

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #557 on: April 27, 2011, 05:29:34 PM »
ME!
Shadoweh
Zak
Polaris
HW
Bardiche
Hourai

This is all personal opinion and you shouldn't pass it off as being anything other than that. Moreover, touting how townie you are will either annoy people, or make you look like you deliberately set yourself up for that and it hurts your position more than it supports it.

Bard I thought your priorities were on HH, who didn't even seem willing to mention Sect yesterday (or did he in  his last post? checking later, but if so it was far too late). The vote on Zak seems way to early to think of busing yet.

Scum lost one of them on D1, and opinion was swaying heavily to lynching Sect - no better time for a bus than right then. I changed my mind while raging about the Sect wagon, so I'm more content with sticking to Zak than to Hourai.

« Reply #558 on: April 27, 2011, 06:10:49 PM »
Bard is town. Don't lynch him.

More on this later.

Top pick for the third scum is Hourai but I like Bard's case on Zak.

ActionDan

« Reply #559 on: April 27, 2011, 06:11:53 PM »
Whatever, I actually just want the cop to claim with at least one other "innocent".  I'm fairly confident that the last scum is either Bard, HH, or HW.  The rest of us pale in comparison to how scummy these 3 are.  My criteria for traits of scumminess are A) if you were on the shadoweh wagon. B) if you were on my wagon.  I am not necessarily compounding the conditions as A+B > B, A+B > A. 

Also, considering the NK.  it is very possible that the last scum roleblocked the cop now or before.

I think HW had the most to gain from a UK NK.  True, he started out the day voting Sect.  But he did so for obvious reasons, yet later targeted HH, who perhaps was the closest thing to a Counter Wagon. Honestly this doesn't tell us that much... but I dunno if "bussing" is a good, reliable reason to vote someone nowadays, I'd vote HW.

And yes, I am town.  And no, Scum!me unfortunately does not have the super cunning to get Scum!Sect to try and attack Scum!me D1 while simultaniously Scum!Dormio establishes damning ties to Scum!Sect, whilst both Scum!Dormio and Scum!me end up on a Scum/Scum wagon D1.

Meanwhile Scum!me tries to NK Kiro, one of my two defenders D1(the other being UK).  Scum!me would have killed the non-contributer Neoserela/Zak.

You may call this WIFOM, I call this "Obvious". 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #560 on: April 27, 2011, 06:12:27 PM »
CUT

WHATATATATATAT??? OK mr. cop why don't you just claim it?

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #561 on: April 27, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »
##Unvote

and do go on

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #562 on: April 27, 2011, 06:18:55 PM »
I'm the Town Macho Cop, yes.

I have a few (fairly obvious) crumbs lying around if people don't believe me, and I can explain my early D1 play from the PoV of a power role as well. But this should all hopefully be unnecessary because I can't see myself getting counterclaimed at this juncture because it would effectively out the last scum.

My N1 target was UK. In hindsight it was a really bad choice, but I had recalled reading things about her abusing swing votes and bussing a lot in her scum meta and got paranoid. Though, even if I had targeted somebody else, it probably would have been Sect or Omba, which would have mattered just as little at this point.

N2 I scanned Bardiche, who is town.

« Reply #563 on: April 27, 2011, 06:21:06 PM »
I'm claiming early because Bard seems to be the most obvious lynch today so saving him gives us a confirmed and stops the day from being wasted. Town can likely win without an active cop right now regardless.

Omba should be sure not to waste his protect on me (in case he forgot I'm unprotectable), in case scum decides to keep me alive via roleblocking while picking off a confirmed townie.

ActionDan

« Reply #564 on: April 27, 2011, 06:23:48 PM »
Out of curiousity, did you crumb D1 or D2?

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #565 on: April 27, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
Both.

« Reply #566 on: April 27, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »
For those who haven't been paying attention, the current people who aren't essentially confirmed town are Shadoweh, Dan, Zakeri, Hourai and Polly. Shadoweh and Dan are probably town, but Zak, Hourai and Polly are all fair game. It should be noted that we could in theory go through the rest of the game by hammering one of those three every day, and we'd even have an extra day left over if the final scum was Shadoweh or Dan by some chance. This obviously isn't the most optimal play, but it's amusing nonetheless.

... Votewise, I'm just going to go with Hourai for now. Most of my case on him was already mentioned here and here, and little about Hourai has changed since that post (except Sect flipping scum), so I feel no need to restate it.

##Vote Hanged Hourai

Bardiche

« Reply #567 on: April 27, 2011, 06:34:17 PM »
Huh What's claim is believable because he's right.

If he's scum, then the Town Cop needs just counter-claim and we've nailed the third scum. If he's the Town Cop, anyone counter-claiming and getting him lynched would thereafter be immediately lynched as the third scum.

As a result, our list of targets is reduced to the following:
4) Shadoweh
6) ActionDan
7) Zakeri
9) Hanged Hourai
12) Polaris

Of these, I think Zakeri is the most likely to be scum, followed shortly by Hanged Hourai. Should neither flip scum, I'd be inclined to look at Shadoweh, Dan and Polaris more, but not right now. We have four lynches to secure victory, and five targets to pass it around. I think we can do that just fine.

ActionDan

« Reply #568 on: April 27, 2011, 06:37:44 PM »
##Vote Hanged Hourai

Well... objectively I always thought HH was only slightly better than Bard, but lynching Scum!Bard would have been much more satisfying!

If Hourai is Scum at least I can claim FPMH!  I think if you guys are up to it.... well this is a bit much to ask.... plz reread ALL OF SECT, ME, HH, and skip every other post!  Have fun!

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #569 on: April 27, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »
ScumBard would've been hilarious because then the entire scumteam'd claimed on D2.