Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 68489 times)

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 1)
« Reply #270 on: April 23, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
Dormio: That's still only 6 1/2 hours.
But I know that feeling. I wish my brain worked faster, too. :V

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #271 on: April 23, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »
My clock is like 10 minutes ahead of forum time, it's hard to tell exacts. We got Polaris! Still need one more.
Dormio: Yeah, I think my point still stands. You could've fixed that yourself when you realized how late you posted it anyways.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #272 on: April 23, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »
Mine is about 4 minutes ahead. Should be about 8 minutes left now.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #273 on: April 23, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »
Sect, no need to be formal now. Just unvote and vote Dormio now. You can leave whatever you might be typing up unfinished.

Otherwise, there are 3 of us here to switch to Dan. Argh!

« Reply #274 on: April 23, 2011, 02:45:29 PM »
i do not have nearly the strength or the time to write a post now but

do we need a hammer or something

i don't know i'm half asleep

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »
Hammer, Dormio, now.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #276 on: April 23, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »
Yes, do vote.
Dormio is at L-1 and Dan at L-3. And there's like 5 minutes left before everybody dies.

« Reply #277 on: April 23, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Dormio

well then

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
So you wanted me to jump onto ActionDan when we still had some time left, and I had no case on him?
Because at that point, and now as well, the only wagons are me and ActionDan.
I really don't like either of them.

Re: Time.
My computer says it's 12:51am.
9 minutes.
→ A ↓ → A ↓

Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
:/
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
:/
さよなら。

Shadoweh

« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »
o/ Hammer Shutup!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »
Welp, since I'm dead, might as well bah post now.

Why can I never be vanilla?

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »
...You all didn't even ask Dormio for a claim?

*head desk*

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2011, 02:55:49 PM »
Can we still talk???

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »
I don't think it's technically night, but according to rule 6 we should keep away from analyzing players or talking about the game.
UK: Uh.. well crap. I'm barely awake what do you want from me

« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2011, 03:11:20 PM »
Hey, there's still a chance that he's the Scum Roleblocker! <_<

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »
This'll Teach Me To Start Games In The Morning, Final Day 1 Votecount

UncertainKitten (1) - NeoSerela
Action Dan (4) - Hanged Hourai, Sect, Bardiche, Dormio
Dormio (7) - Kiro, UncertainKitten, Shadoweh, Action Dan, Omba, Polaris, huh what

Dormio has been lynched!

Warning - choo choo i'm a train

He was a Mafia trainGoon!

You have ~24 hours to analyze the thread, send in any night actions, or whatever as long as it isn't discussing the game.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2011, 03:42:01 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! D1 SCUM LYNCH~

Shadoweh

« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2011, 03:56:41 PM »

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
Shadoweh, did you realise there's new chapters for Cavalier? One chapter that has a lot of Just in it? :V They're finally returning to that storyline! No more past!

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2011, 06:44:03 PM »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2011, 06:46:59 PM »
LOL, I just hijacked the diplomacy thread!

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2011, 09:38:42 PM »
Dormio has been lynched!
He was a Mafia trainGoon!
[nsfw]http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=198082[/nsfw]

:V

Shadoweh

« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2011, 02:52:42 AM »
Shadoweh, did you realise there's new chapters for Cavalier? One chapter that has a lot of Just in it? :V They're finally returning to that storyline! No more past!
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yes Just is being SO CUTE then he's SO MEAN and then he's SO JUST EEEEEE

« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2011, 03:31:03 AM »
Also Edible is silly for not changing "Day 1" in the thread title to "Night 1" :v

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2011, 03:40:35 AM »
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yes Just is being SO CUTE then he's SO MEAN and then he's SO JUST EEEEEE

Ourobouros~ I like the part where he wears shorts even though he didn't before getting infected by a humongous serpent.

Edible

« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2011, 04:26:20 AM »
Also Edible is silly for not changing "Day 1" in the thread title to "Night 1" :v

SHUT UP :(

Shadoweh

« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2011, 05:07:35 AM »
Ourobouros~ I like the part where he wears shorts even though he didn't before getting infected by a humongous serpent.
Who wears short shorts~
Just wears short shorts!
Oh god the one where he's just standing there with the ? I could die

Edible

Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 2)
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »
Good morning.  It is now Day 2.

When you wake up, you hear a commotion outside.  It seems like someone was murdered!

Oh no, it's... it's... !  Roukanken, Irrelevant Third Party, is in a bloody heap on the dusty ground.  Wait, that's not blood.  It's steak sauce.  And he's asleep, not dead.  Wake up, Rou!  Stop sleeping in the middle of the road covered in A-1.  Sheesh!

Seems like everyone else is alive.  You throw Roukanken out of your tiny village and go back to your daily lives, which currently involves attempting to lynch your friends.

Nobody died.  You have 72 hours.  With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

NeoSerela has been replaced by Zakeri.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:09:10 PM by Edible »

« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »
I'm just going to make these two posts, then I'm pretty much done for today: I have better things to do than stress myself out over this. So, typing this post and the next post the night before the game starts up again.

First, ##Vote ActionDan

ActionDan is the most useless and most detrimental player in this entire game, and I have a really hard time believing that it's "because he's new" or "because he's derptown" or whatever other reason people might come up for him. A few points:

First, his first "serious action", if you can call him that, is pressing UK on, of all things, the meta behind a joke vote. Everyone knows it was a joke vote, it was so obvious, but he then later treats it as though he was responding to a serious question by me in his defense against Hourai, despite the fact that it was blatantly obvious that I was treating it like a joke vote. This leads on to Bardiche voting for UK because it was one of the more interesting things going on (the other one being my dumbass vote on Rou), and then Dan proceeds to waste three days pressing Bardiche on it, despite the fact that the UK/HW melodrama was going on, or Shadoweh's thing, or all those other things.

That, by the way, was the first question that he completely failed to answer, even after I gave him everything he needed to figure out what I was referring to.

Second, his whole love affair with Hourai. That's just a huge mess that no one even wants to delve into: he starts laying into Hourai and Kiro because they voted for me, and blatantly tries to intimidate them into changing votes. When Hourai calls him out on him essentially protecting me, because, really, that's what it blatantly appeared to be, Dan immediately goes into defensive mode and claims that he isn't and begins making attacks on Hourai. What follows is some of the most idiotic arguments I have ever seen, and I really don't want to get into because they make no sense and it makes my head hurts. He then tries to claim that Hourai made up the claims that he was defending me (blatantly untrue, as I posted links to the posts where Dan did otherwise) and that his attack on Bardiche was justified because of me making the first "serious" question (which, as I explained above, is also blatantly untrue).

That, by the way, was the second question that he completely failed to answer, even after I gave him everything he needed to figure out what I was referring to.

Third, he makes no sense. His arguments are circular, he'd rather talk more about irrelevant meta than actual fact, I can barely tell where he's going half of the time, it takes diagrams to figure out what he's even said, he misrepresents everything other people say to him, and when he's not "arguing" he's throwing out personal insults (clearly seen when I voted for him and posed my question: he spent more, no, the entire time insulting me rather than answering).

That, by the way, was the thi- wait no I didn't ask that question. Disregard.

Finally, and this is the more personal point, I'm just tired of seeing his name, because it just makes me groan. I'm tired of having to read his posts three, four times in a row, just to figure out what he even said. I'm tired of staying up till one, two o'clock at night, trying to figure out how to type responses to his posts before just giving up and going to sleep. I'd rather not end up being like I was with Kips, where I was awake at five o'clock in the morning, heart racing and stomach clenching because dealing with the guy was making me physically sick.

So, in conclusion, ActionDan is scum, whose sole function is to make town completely and utterly befuddled and disorganized, and he's getting away with it.

Post on other people incoming.

« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »
Okay, so you other people. How you doing?

Kiro: Like I said before, the most competent player in this game. I don't have any complaints about his playing, and his posts are almost always sound.

Hourai: Wasting his and everyone else's time by arguing with ActionDan. I especially want Dan out of the game, but Hourai is going about it the entirely wrong way, and making the entire matter even more muddled.

Bardiche: The most impressive case of lurking while posting I've ever seen. He really hasn't done anything useful past trying to teach Dan how to play. He's not striking me as scum, but he doesn't have my hopes up, either.

UK: Had her pegged as scum yesterday, today I have her pegged as UK. Still don't like the trap, but at least you're doing something, and your commentary is decent. It's not a very good thing, though, if when you're playing as scum you look like scum and if you're playing as town you look like town.

Shadoweh: Like husband like wife, I guess. Her commentary isn't all that useful, and she's mostly riding on UK's coattails, from what I can tell. Also, stop pitching like you're a Peewee baseball coach.

Huh What: At this point, I'm leaning towards town: looks like he just got caught flatfooted by UK and never had a chance to recover.

Omba: Can't decide if he's ActionDan's scum partner or just... gah. His posts are unimpressive, mostly rehashing what everyone else has already said, but in a different way, which makes it seem as though he was presenting new commentary. His "thoughts" on Dan really put me over the edge yesterday, though: if you had actually looked at him, you'd see that he's basically causing havoc for no reason whatsoever.

Polaris: His lurking's really impressive, almost reminds me of K4U in the Mafia RPG. My second pick for scum at this point.

Anyways, that's it from me today. I'm going to take a step back from the game for a while. Don't expect to hear back from me for a long while.