Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 117544 times)

Formless God

Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #540 on: December 10, 2011, 11:56:04 PM »
My fucking face when Penguindrum

Mirai Nikki is off to a good start too, and I'll get CP soon. guilty crown is a pretty cool show i drop it every week sorry, I can only follow two shows at a time
Thanks for the help!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #541 on: December 11, 2011, 12:45:43 AM »
Mirai Nikki and Haganai are the best series this season, so I think you chose well.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #542 on: December 11, 2011, 12:48:33 AM »
Don't know about the others, although since I haven't heard anything about Penguindrum since the initial hype I'm thinking it probably failed to live up to it.  Although knowing me it did and I haven't been looking in the right places and I just stuck my foot in my mouth, but... Um... Yeah. >.>

:P
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #543 on: December 11, 2011, 12:56:11 AM »
:P

Seriously, we've only been raving over it near-constantly in the Penguindrum thread :V

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #544 on: December 11, 2011, 01:15:23 AM »
Seriously, we've only been raving over it near-constantly in the Penguindrum thread :V
...I've just never seen anyone mention it anywhere else on the internet past the initial hype.  And obviously since I've not actually watched the show I wouldn't have checked in to the discussion thread on it. >.>

...This is another one of those "Moerin is really dumb and doesn't see obvious things" things, isn't it? :fail:
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #545 on: December 11, 2011, 02:26:29 AM »
...I've just never seen anyone mention it anywhere else on the internet past the initial hype.  And obviously since I've not actually watched the show I wouldn't have checked in to the discussion thread on it. >.>

...This is another one of those "Moerin is really dumb and doesn't see obvious things" things, isn't it? :fail:

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you are. I'll marathon it after finals or something.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #546 on: December 11, 2011, 02:28:43 AM »

Aww, don't be that way. You know I was only doing it in a teasing fashion. :<
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #547 on: December 11, 2011, 03:58:04 AM »
To be totally fair, Theorin, Mawaru Penguindrum got spoiler-heavy very fast and any hype outside of the community that was already watching it was sealed away so that newcomers wouldn't get spoiled on a lot of things.

Moerin

« Reply #548 on: December 11, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »
...Huh.  I'm just surprised that people on the internet as a whole are actually following spoiler policies, ahah~  Hmmm, but I suppose I should probably check it out at some point, then.  Most likely after it's finished, seeing how I don't usually watch anime whilst it's currently airing (Fate/Zero is, of course, a huge exception to this rule).

Well, whilst I wait for that to finish, and for the next episode of Fate/Zero, I guess I should clear up my backlist a little.  So I'll probably either be watching more than just the first KnK or actually finishing Powerpuff Girls Z, depending on my mood, ahah~

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #549 on: December 11, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »
This time late on Bokutomo

Spoiler:
EXCALIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~*faints*

truly best waifu forever and everer.
now if you were to replace every instance in FSN or FZ where the word
Spoiler:
Excalibur
is mentioned by Saber, with Rika's voice... oh man.

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #550 on: December 11, 2011, 04:53:51 PM »
Squid Girl(Shinryaku! Ika Musume) de geso.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #551 on: December 12, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
Mirai Nikki 10

Until death do you part, eh? I doubt I was the only one humming this during that scene.

Awesome episode. Glad they managed to fit in some of Mosaic as well.

Tengukami

« Reply #552 on: December 12, 2011, 02:13:48 PM »
Yeah, I liked Mirai Nikki's take on what shoujou manga is all about. And how they took the standard shoujou template and basically smashed it.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #553 on: December 12, 2011, 04:47:30 PM »
FINALLY starting Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth. When first(?) we met(?) our heroes, Yang Wenli was living an okay life with his pappy until the plot kicked in 90 seconds later, then winds up saving millions of lives by the end of the episode. Poor guy simply proves he's not inept, winds up being the hero, then has to pay for it in stardom. All he wanted to do was help out and be done with things.

Also, I feel kinda lonely being the only one to be enjoying Last Exile S2. That's okay, though, because it's fantastic. I have it all to myself.  :P
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:16:52 PM by Freddyne »

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #554 on: December 12, 2011, 05:05:31 PM »
The best part of the new episode of Mirai Nikki was
Spoiler:
Minene being moe~
* shot *
Also I very much enjoyed the semi-new OP.

Moerin

« Reply #555 on: December 16, 2011, 12:54:39 AM »
So apparently there's a Carnival Phantasm special.  Huzzah~!  It's nice to see some of the Ataraxia characters getting some decent screentime, although it's a little worrying that Caren
Spoiler:
seems to take after her father so much.
  And of course, Phantasmoon the Movie was amazing, ahah~

On that note, has anyone heard about the new Fate light novel?  Apparently they've decided to do something with Fate/Apocrypha, and so they've had someone write about Jack the Ripper and her Master.  Looks very interesting, so hopefully it'll get translated sometime soon.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #556 on: December 16, 2011, 07:07:51 AM »
So apparently there's a Carnival Phantasm special.
:*

More fun~
Spoiler:
GATTAI MARBLE PHANTASM!

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #557 on: December 16, 2011, 03:43:46 PM »
This week on Boku wa:
-
Spoiler:
Ore no Imouto
- Yukata fantasies
- Takoquest
Spoiler:
(aborted)
- RamirezRika, take out that wooden block with this cork gun!
- TLB
- Dat
Spoiler:
ENDING

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #558 on: December 17, 2011, 11:57:49 AM »
I hope to god that Yozora will be a bit different now; because so far, she has just been a bitch, seriously.

Tengukami

« Reply #559 on: December 17, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »
I hope to god that Yozora will be a bit different now; because so far, she has just been a bitch, seriously.

I'll just say that anyone who was surprised by the last five minutes of ep 11 needs their head examined. Of course, so does our humble protag for being utterly clueless through ten episodes.

But this, of course, is forgivable because Haganai is doing for harem anime what Toradora did for tsundere love triangles: improving the genre while satirizing it. The characters are interesting, the comedy is great, and the emotional bits actually have an effect.

It's a shame our final episode is around the corner. I'm really going to miss this show.

« Reply #560 on: December 18, 2011, 05:25:07 AM »
Been sick the past week or so, so I've been on a bit of an anime binge due to not being able to do anything useful. Been rewatching a lot of my favourites... Simoun, Strawberry Panic, Kaishaku stuff (Kannazuki no Miko, Steel Angel Kurumi (both seasons), probably starting Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora tomorrow). S'been a pretty fun and unproductive week :V Also, stuff I've been keeping up with this season are Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Bento and Mirai Nikki.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »
I'll just say that anyone who was surprised by the last five minutes of ep 11 needs their head examined. Of course, so does our humble protag for being utterly clueless through ten episodes.

I wasn't really surprised, I just like the way it was executed.

On Mirai Nikki: let's have intense action/drama for 15 minutes and subtlety slip in (by that I mean completely change the mood) 2 minutes of comedy and then act as if that previous segment didn't exist and continue as before.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #562 on: December 19, 2011, 04:07:20 PM »
CATCHING UP:

Blu Ray Yosuga no Sora
Blu Ray Oretachi ni tsubasa wa nai

tits tits and more tits
but soooooo worth it.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Tengukami

« Reply #563 on: December 19, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »
On Mirai Nikki: let's have intense action/drama for 15 minutes and subtlety slip in (by that I mean completely change the mood) 2 minutes of comedy and then act as if that previous segment didn't exist and continue as before.

Minene is fast becoming my favorite character in this series. She'll play up to typical expectations of what a woman (in an anime series anyway) is supposed to be one moment, only to smash those same expectations in the next. My only complaint is she's a bit one dimensional. They keep hinting at some tragic childhood - well, can we learn more about that? What made her become a terrorist? What's her cause? Who is this person? This is sort of the same problem we have with Yuuno. OK, she's nuts and probably killed her parents, but why?

This series keeps me looking forward to the next episode, and I'm glad it's going to go as long as it will. I just really hope we can learn more about these characters.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #564 on: December 19, 2011, 08:10:29 PM »
Mirai Nikki 11

Spoiler:
Yuno: "I won't fight."
Everyone else: reactionface.jpg

Was Minene always this much of a boss? It's just dawned on me that there're chunks of the manga I can barely remember.

I just really hope we can learn more about these characters.
I don't want to dash your hopes, but barring any major rewrites the series is going to continue killing characters rather than letting the viewer get to know them.

In other news, Date A Live is getting an anime. I've been a diehard fan for an entire 24 hours now after, uh, coming across one of the characters on Danbooru. Yep.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #565 on: December 19, 2011, 10:34:26 PM »
Damn.  I've only seen two episodes so far, but why did it take so long for me to watch Martian Successor Nadesico?

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Moerin

« Reply #566 on: December 20, 2011, 12:12:57 AM »
Damn.  I've only seen two episodes so far, but why did it take so long for me to watch Martian Successor Nadesico?
Because for some reason you've been wasting your time watching less important things. >.>

Let's Gekiga-in~! 8)

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Tengukami

« Reply #567 on: December 20, 2011, 12:14:53 AM »
I don't want to dash your hopes, but barring any major rewrites the series is going to continue killing characters rather than letting the viewer get to know them.

I'm talking about our three main characters here, who I'm hoping last through the season. The peripheral characters who get killed off, yeah, don't expect much backstory on them.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #568 on: December 20, 2011, 07:49:40 AM »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2011-12-20/dusk-maiden-of-amnesia-manga-gets-tv-anime-next-spring

TASOGARE OTOME X AMNESIA IS GETTING AN ANIME

IT'S BEEN RUMOURED FOR A WHILE BUT HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME

Check the manga thread if you've never heard of it.

I'm talking about our three main characters here, who I'm hoping last through the season. The peripheral characters who get killed off, yeah, don't expect much backstory on them.
I know. What I meant was that the principle of the series is to kill characters rather than giving much backstory on characters, main or otherwise.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #569 on: December 20, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »
I am most excited at the idea of Tasogare anime, I hope they get that guy from Nitroplus to do the art, seriously.