Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 117537 times)

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2011, 05:20:43 AM »
Aaa, I'm really tempted to watch TYPE MOON or just FATE/Stay Night shows now...or rather, like I have ever been >x<;;... (not to say it's a bad thing, like what my uncertain smileys might usually imply =x=; )
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2011, 06:16:53 AM »
IMOUTO SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE
More carnival phantasm fuckyeahery here.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »
IMOUTO SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE
More carnival phantasm fuckyeahery here.

how could a fan wank mash up be this awesome how?!
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »
Was bored and I had heard it mentioned several times, so I checked out the first ep of Penguindrum to see what that show even is about with that weird title.
A while later I had caught up on all episodes so far.

This show is wonderfully deranged. There's so much stuff in there that's both hilarious as well as goddamn freaky and you barely ever know if you should laugh at it or not. Ringo is the best example there. Nevermind that she has a goddamn Death Note (don't worry, no spoilers in that image). Nice easter egg there, creators.

Feeling a bit more conflicted about Ringo after the most recent episode
Spoiler:
when the secret of her diary and the reason she acts like a crazed stalker is revealed. Poor girl ;__;

EDIT: Started Tiger & Bunny as well now, because when I actually have to do uni-assignments is the time when I am most prone to doing other things :V
Love the take on superheroes that this series does, and the characters are all around well done and fun to watch.
Plus the animation, especially in the action-scenes, is a pleasure to look at.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:07:46 AM by Sakanamoto-san »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2011, 11:03:07 AM »
Seconding that.

Holy shit, what the hell just happened?! @_@

It's funny how I was expecting a lighthearted shounen series, and now it has become super-serious and genuinely frightening at some points. It's quite a surprise. :3

...:ohdear:

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2011, 01:20:15 PM »
Wait a second, people actually thought Carnival Phantasm was going to not be incredible?  What the hell, did you not watch the PV a thousand times?  There was no question that it was going to be absolutely perfect in every way and one of the best anime of the year, but only for the existing TYPE-MOON fans (it wasn't made to win any converts).

Also, the 300 page artbook it came with is phenomenal and makes me feel slightly less bad about dropping 7000 yen on it.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2011, 01:45:29 PM »

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2011, 01:52:33 PM »
I didn't know Carnival Phantasm was a thing until a few weeks ago I live in an anime bubble!
I liked Ep1 more than beach adventures, but that's probably because I never played Melty Blood and didn't know who a bunch of the extra Tsukihime peoples were.  Also, beach episodes what can I say even if it is a parody it's still drawn to be basically fanboy eyecandy ::)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2011, 02:03:43 PM »
That's pretty exp--

---totally worth it  :toot:
Literally my exact logic while staring at the display at Gamers.  I'm hoping this means that seasons 2 and 3 will be cheaper or have a comparable extra.  This one is pretty comprehensive and I already have a Melty Blood artbook (big Tsukihime fan) so I'm wondering how much art I haven't seen yet.

I didn't know Carnival Phantasm was a thing until a few weeks ago I live in an anime bubble!
I liked Ep1 more than beach adventures, but that's probably because I never played Melty Blood and didn't know who a bunch of the extra Tsukihime peoples were.  Also, beach episodes what can I say even if it is a parody it's still drawn to be basically fanboy eyecandy ::)
Only Sion and Reisbyfe were from Melty Blood, but the other characters (as well as Hisui's Brainwasher Detective schtick) were from Kagetsu Tohya and the fan disk, so don't feel bad about not understanding it.  It wasn't the most accessible episode.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:07:24 PM by Rin Kagamine »

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »
I'm hoping this means that seasons 2 and 3 will be cheaper or have a comparable extra.
Oh, so the plans are for two more "seasons"? Neat, I was wondering about that.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2011, 02:42:06 PM »
Oh, so the plans are for two more "seasons"? Neat, I was wondering about that.
Yeah, in October and December.  I just checked Amazon and season 2 will be the same price so :<

« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2011, 05:03:27 AM »
DICTATE MY FUTURE MOTK

I'm 2 episodes into Penguin Drum and it's alright, but everyone's talking up Tiger and Bunny. I'm only going to watch one. WHICH WILL IT BE?  :ohdear:

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »
Ika Musume =D

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »
DICTATE MY FUTURE MOTK

I'm 2 episodes into Penguin Drum and it's alright, but everyone's talking up Tiger and Bunny. I'm only going to watch one. WHICH WILL IT BE?  :ohdear:

I'll ignore the 'I'm only going to watch one', and say that you should watch both anyway. :P

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
DICTATE MY FUTURE MOTK

I'd say pay no attention to what everyone else is watching and just watch whichever one you want to watch, but that's just me. >.>
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #256 on: August 29, 2011, 01:39:37 AM »
Gurren Lagann.

Oh my god, where has this anime been my whole life?! I can't believe it took me so long to get around to watching it!  :ohdear:

Even though I already knew of Kamina's OVER 9000 manliness. Now it's just that much clearer.  :3
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2011, 06:53:17 AM »
I for one, have to fork out more after postal and stamps for said artbook. That and the fact I am gonna be ordering shit from AmiAmi.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2011, 08:31:22 AM »
Tiger and Bunny episode 22.

why is this series so gooooooooood ლ(?﹏`ლ)

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #259 on: August 29, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »
Tiger and Bunny episode 22.

why is this series so gooooooooood ლ(?﹏`ლ)

the cliffhangers

the cliffhangers

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Spoiler:
Also, Kaede is awesome and I hope she and Kotetsu become a father-daughter hero team! :D

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #260 on: August 29, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »
It's...sortof feeling slow though...which doesn't help in avoiding for more suspense >x<;;...

Spoiler:
Kaede, if added to the team, would make them a very whacky/broken team... I wonder if it could change while a power is still active o.o...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:24:33 AM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »
Oh jesus next season Persona 4 Fate/Zero IKAMUSUME S2 JANAIKA!?

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #262 on: August 29, 2011, 07:29:31 PM »
Just watched T&B 22. Initial situation was resolved pretty much as was to be expected after noticing
Spoiler:
that the last person to touch Kaede was Maverick
. Can't wait to see 23, the setup promises another bout of awesome action~

« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2011, 07:34:34 PM »
It's not really anime that I'm watching now, since it's been a few weeks (actually, over a month) but the last thing I watched was Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight. Yeah, quite a classic of fantasy anime (and I really should resume watching it). I really like the German dub, especially since it practically has Parn as Frodo (Parn's VA of the most recent dub also voiced Frodo in the German version of LotR). And I enjoy it generally. It really feels like a classic fantasy series and also somewhat like a RPG. Which isn't surprising considering RoLW's roots.

However, the more I watch of it, the less I like Shiris. Mind you, I didn't really like her from the beginning, but after a while she became really annoying. I even would have preferred it, if
Spoiler:
she had died instead of Orson

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »
Oh jesus next season Persona 4 Fate/Zero IKAMUSUME S2 JANAIKA!?

Can't wait for that =D. I wish I could
Spoiler:
wield an umbrella like Ika

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #265 on: August 30, 2011, 10:35:04 PM »
IKAMUSUME S2 JANAIKA!?

AAGGHHHAAGGHHHAAGGHHHAAGGHHH The new season can't come fast enough.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2011, 01:56:53 AM »
Carnival P-p-p-p-phantasm-s-s-s-sm y-y-y-y-y-yo c-c-c-c-check--it check it check it, check it out y-y-y-y-y-yo

Spoiler:
*Ilya Rappin~*

dear gawd up till this episode I actually thought Ricebeef was a guy...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2011, 02:31:49 AM »
So each new episode of Kaiji, from like ep 18 onwards, has been giving me stronger and longer lasting heart attacks with every cliffhanger. The pacing is so well done in this series, that if someone told me last year, "This time next year, one of two series you'll be following will involve a man trying to beat the unbeatable pachinko machine," I would have laughed until Coke shot out my nose, even if I wasn't drinking any.

But it's a fantastic series. Unbearably manly, a great deal of tension, but also a lot of smarts. Kaiji achieves the impossible not through oh-so-convenient happenstances or some bullshit tech we never heard of. He thinks shit through, with surprisingly plausible results.

Furthermore, even though we're at ep 22 - and four episodes away from our conclusion - where everything is a stand-off between Our Hero and The Villian, we really don't know how it's going to turn out. Kaiji is a good guy, but he also has piss poor luck and a way of digging himself into a deeper hole in an effort to get out of the one he's already in. This, and the pacing, make for some great suspense.

Oh, and the final 30 seconds, where a live-action Japanese woman recites quotes from Kaiji as if she were reading poetry, well, that's just the cherry on top.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
Watching episode 22 actually exhausted me. I feel like just collapsing face-first into my laptop screen.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
I watched Utawarerumono a few days ago because I started watching Aquapazza videos again :V
I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out better than I thought it would be!