Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 117538 times)

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2011, 06:10:59 AM »
Alrighty, almost all the shows have passed the 3 episode mark now.

Still watching the following, from favorite to least favorite:
  • Steins;Gate - Every episode leaves me wanting more. The intensity, the suspense, the confusion, the characters, the seiyuu casting, so good. Was my favorite back in Spring, and it's still my favorite of all the currently airing shows.
  • Yuru Yuri - I fucking love this show so much. The best cute-girls-doing-cute-things show airing currently. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff, and this show is just unbelievably cute. And this show actually succeeds at being funny too. Oh man, I'll say it again, I fucking love this show.
  • Nichijou - Self-explanatory.
  • Dantalian no Shoka - Only 2 episodes so far, but goddamn it's fantastic. The visuals are absolutely stunning, and the background music is perfectly fitting. The voice casting is good too: Daisuke Ono as Lord Hugh Anthony Diswald (damn, that's such a badass name), and Miyuki Sawashiro (my favorite seiyuu of all time so maybe there's a strong bias here) as Dalian. Pacing is a little quick for the beginning, but it's fine for me.
  • Mayo Chiki - Satoshi Hino as an MC that I don't hate?! 'Tis sorcery! Eri Kitamura as an ojousama and Kana Hanazawa as the imouto? Yesssss please. And then whenever Subaru blushes there's so much HNNNNNNNGGGG I don't know if I can handle it. Also, the OP and ED are pretty catchy.
  • Idolmaster - Enjoyable and exactly what I expected. Also, new ED every episode fuckyea.
  • Usagi Drop - Very good. It's hard for me to find words to describe this, but it's enjoyable.
  • BakaTest 2 - The usual fun and crazyness of the first season, still good. What I like about BakaTest is its amount of likable characters.
  • KamiMemo - Doing fine so far. The MC and Alice are okay characters, but it's the other characters that really stand out to me, especially the Major. We'll see how this show turns out. Not too bad so far.
  • Penguindrum - Eh, it's okay so far. Blue gets on my nerves sometimes, but Red is fine how he is. If it goes downhill from here, I'll probably drop this. God-tier OP and ED, though. Oh god, especially the ED.

On hold for now,  will decide to continue/drop later:
  • No. 6 - Goddamn it I hate the MC so much. Kinda needs more things happening, pacing's a bit slow. I'll see how this turns out later.

Dropped:
  • None - Nothing has turned out to be outright bad so far. I was surprised, Summer's usually my least favorite season for anime, but this Summer's not doing too bad. However it can't compare with Fall. This Fall looks AMAZING already, and the Summer shows are barely just starting.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2011, 08:07:25 AM »
>>Lord Hugh Anthony Diswald

I know right, I parsed it as Lord HUGE ANTHONY DISC-WORLD

Oh yeah Purvis get in here.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
Re: Probably general what manga you reading now thread.
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »
Hoshi no Samidare (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer)

One of the best action series I've picked up for a while. Also it's nice to be able to read something through to completion for a change.

this seems... hot.
It's posts like this that make me wish I had a reaction image folder.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »
Hoshi no Samidare (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer)

One of the best action series I've picked up for a while. Also it's nice to be able to read something through to completion for a change.
Ah~  I loved that series!  I'm still waiting to see if an anime will eventually be created as well.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2011, 07:34:08 AM »
Started reading Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. The first few chapters had me falling off my chair, though it's trailed off a bit since then largely due to some of the supporting characters being  crappy. Still a good read nonetheless. Looking forward to the anime.

Also picked up Accel World. Off the top of my head I can't remember reading another shounen series with an MC who's purposefully designed to be utterly unattractive. Enjoying it so far, not least because the cyber-battling setting is relevant to my interests.

Ah~  I loved that series!  I'm still waiting to see if an anime will eventually be created as well.
It seems like such a good premise for an anime, so I live in hope.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2011, 11:57:06 AM »
So... Japanese Powerpuff Girls.

Seems like fun so far, and keeps to the same tone that made the original so enjoyable whilst bringing its own cards to the pile.  The only real problem I had with it was that Mojo was the only villain for the first five episodes, but thankfully episode six remedied this with the introduction of Fuzzy Lumpkins (who... Was pretty much exactly the same as his western counterpart, but that's fine as he always worked pretty well) and... Japanese Princess Morbucks~~~  My favourite villain from the original series~~~  I wonder if they're going to make any changes to h-

...Pfft...

...PFFTAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~!  Oh my, I'm sure you'll stand out with your new hairstyle, Princess~!  Ahahah, this is great, if only for the inclusion of AFROPRINCESS.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2011, 11:45:23 PM »
I just finished watching Alien Nine. it was weird. it's pretty short at 4 episodes long, but stuff was cut so if you want the full story you'd have to read the manga too. the manga continues on but they ended the anime at a good place imo.

plot is 3 children are chosen by their school to become alien hunters. things start off looking pretty normal - there's even scenes at the beach and a summer festival. it ends up getting pretty disturbing towards the end though aaahhhh.

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2011, 01:07:16 PM »
I'm currently watching Kodomo no Jikan with a friend of mine and we have plans to watch through Strike Witches (1), Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, Panty & Stocking w/Garterbelt and Girls Bravo.
First two episodes of Kodomo no Jikan have been filled with so much loli and fanservice...jeez. At least it's been cute so far!

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »
Started reading Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. The first few chapters had me falling off my chair, though it's trailed off a bit since then largely due to some of the supporting characters being  crappy. Still a good read nonetheless. Looking forward to the anime.

Also picked up Accel World. Off the top of my head I can't remember reading another shounen series with an MC who's purposefully designed to be utterly unattractive. Enjoying it so far, not least because the cyber-battling setting is relevant to my interests.
It seems like such a good premise for an anime, so I live in hope.

I love Tomo-nai (as I call it, friend-less) and Yozora is just one epic troll. Sena is great too, but Yozora takes the cake and eat it, truly a case star of the Zan-nen bishoujo type. All that cute face, but with such a heart... of blackness.
Spoiler:
The part of them trying to play a dating sim is just fucking amazing a chapter... just pure lol.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »
Soredemo Machi.

Pretty decent. Only fast forwarded through one scene, which is very good going for a slice-of-life that wasn't overly hilarious.

I just finished watching Alien Nine. it was weird. it's pretty short at 4 episodes long, but stuff was cut so if you want the full story you'd have to read the manga too. the manga continues on but they ended the anime at a good place imo.
I really want to read the manga. Emulators in particular.

« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2011, 08:16:55 PM »
I really want to read the manga. Emulators in particular.
I've never found it :/ but I also haven't looked in a long time. I've only read one thing by the same guy, something called Milk Closet.

Drake

« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »
I'm currently watching Kodomo no Jikan with a friend of mine
wait what the fuck

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »
wait what the fuck
;_; We've both read the manga so we found it fitting to watch the anime together.

Drake

« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2011, 10:02:17 PM »
It still sounds really awkward to watch an anime like that with another person. How do you even get through an episode together lol

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2011, 03:47:11 AM »
Bakatest season 2.

CROSSDRESSING THE ANIME

I am soooooo satisfied.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2011, 07:06:56 AM »
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge

Surprisingly good stuff. Also I now have a hair-cutting fetish.

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2011, 07:37:01 AM »
Nichijou and Mawaru Penguin Drum. Also re-watching Lucky Star.

« Reply #197 on: July 31, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »
you should go post in the Nichijou thread :p if you haven't already that is~

gonna catch up on Penguin today, I'm a couple of episodes behind so I guess today will decide if I drop it or if I'm interested enough to carry on.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:18:39 PM by nicole »

labeth

• Oh my god, it's full of carbs
« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2011, 06:07:50 AM »
At the moment, the only things I'm watching are Usagi Drop and The Idolmaster. Usagi Drop I had read the manga of a while back, so I'm actually excited about that one. Idomaster is, uh... there. It's cutesy. The husband likes the Sea of Blobs.

What I'm reeeeeally looking forward to is the Persona 4 anime in the fall.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2011, 06:10:27 AM »
I just started rewatching Shufflle!, and thankfully it doesn't seem to be as fanservice-infested as I remember.

Fluffy Rocket Tails

• The fluffiest.
  • Far superior to any Tanuki.
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2011, 08:11:37 AM »
Nichijou and Dantalian no Shoka are the only things this season that I'm following closely, but I do plan to eventually watch a few other things, among them Ikoku Meiro no Crois?e and Memochou.

I also randomly started watching RideBack, and am slowly rewatching Last Exile in preparation for Fam, the Silver Wing.
Take me on a rocket ride.

Kaboom!

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2011, 11:52:26 PM »
Mysterious Girlfriend X

Trying to hold hands? That's a scissorin'.
Spending time with other girls? That's a scissorin'.
Hiding ero magazines under your bed?

Oh you better believe that's a scissorin'.

Enjoying this series. Especially the parts with scissors.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #202 on: August 05, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
I just started rewatching Shufflle!, and thankfully it doesn't seem to be as fanservice-infested as I remember.

why would you even want to watch that after the known biggest spoiler on anime ever was posted everywhere?
I would imagine if you wanted to have NON fanservice-infested harem shit, you wouldn't be watching this...
but then again, Shuffle! as a whole is rather interesting, if only because of considerable originality back in the days.
I seriously recommend Akane iro somaru saka, something similiar, but with lots more flavor.

« Reply #203 on: August 05, 2011, 05:18:53 PM »
I just finished episode 5 of Madoka and I'm depressed.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #204 on: August 05, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »
why would you even want to watch that after the known biggest spoiler on anime ever was posted everywhere?
I would imagine if you wanted to have NON fanservice-infested harem shit, you wouldn't be watching this...
but then again, Shuffle! as a whole is rather interesting, if only because of considerable originality back in the days.
I seriously recommend Akane iro somaru saka, something similiar, but with lots more flavor.

Eh, mostly just because I find the characters interesting. What's weird is that I end up watching a lot of harem anime, even though I don't like the concept. I really just care more about the interesting characters. If that means some weird romance stuff along the way, so be it.

Still, I'll look into your recommendation.

« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2011, 06:19:35 PM »

I never watched Shuffle but what was this giant crazy spoiler thing?

Drake

« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2011, 08:52:17 PM »
I just finished episode 5 of Madoka and I'm depressed.
Keep going! The mood gets happier as you continue!

« Reply #207 on: August 05, 2011, 09:49:03 PM »
I've been watching Steins;Gate because a good friend of mine recommended me to it.

This anime has definitely taken the cake for my favorite anime this year. I don't think the twists from any other anime can have as big of an impact on me as this one has so far.

Also I've been watching Gurren Lagann with another good friend of mine. Really have been enjoying it so far and I love the theme behind it all.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2011, 10:16:20 PM »
I've been watching Steins;Gate because a good friend of mine recommended me to it.

This anime has definitely taken the cake for my favorite anime this year. I don't think the twists from any other anime can have as big of an impact on me as this one has so far.

Also I've been watching Gurren Lagann with another good friend of mine. Really have been enjoying it so far and I love the theme behind it all.

For me, Steins;Gate really started to pique my interest after the Phone Microwave (name subject to change) was completed and the line-jumping began.

And I think Kamina/Simon's a pretty cool guy. He pilots mecha and doesn't afraid of anything.  8)

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2011, 10:19:04 PM »
Aku no Hana

A lesser spotted genuinely interesting series. I came buckets at the
Spoiler:
classroom 'redecoration'
scene.

Edit: Katanagatari

Well that was a marathon and a half. Not the kind of series I'd usually go for but I enjoyed it considerably regardless, which says much about its quality.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:53:36 PM by Ancient Dozer »