Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 116963 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #690 on: February 05, 2012, 03:25:52 AM »
Just finished episode 29 of Gundam Seed.

Spoiler:
Jesus.  I knew Nicol was gonna die, but I didn't know it'd be so brutal.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Drake

« Reply #691 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:20 AM »
Another?
Spoiler:
Ugh. I knew it was coming, but it just had to be so ashiyufdgvbafskj it's like they put all their budget into death. She was my favorite character, too.

Guilty Crown?
Spoiler:
8/10 SHOCK FACTOR WHAT NO. NO NO NO NO NO. Of course Shu had to have his breakdown at some point, but this is just AAAAAAAH SHIT NO WHY

Black Rock Shooter?
ok, really pretty, similar to ova, still really bent on brs taking maximum punishment in the fight scenes, good overall

Mouretsu Pirates?
COMMENCE BATTLE OPERATIONS.
Spoiler:
I'M BECOMING A GODDAMN SPACE PIRATE CAPTAIN EFF YEAH.
EFF YEAH.
Spoiler:
SAID IT TWICE FOR EMPHASIS.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #692 on: February 05, 2012, 10:17:45 AM »
May be obscure, but I recommend gdgd Fairies. Popular on Nico Channel when it showed up there.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #693 on: February 05, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »

Guilty Crown?
Spoiler:
8/10 SHOCK FACTOR WHAT NO. NO NO NO NO NO. Of course Shu had to have his breakdown at some point, but this is just AAAAAAAH SHIT NO WHY

Spoiler:
HEY SOUTA, GUESS WHAT, BULLETS KILL PEOPLE, SO DO EXPLOSIONS, just cause you open tin cans doesn't mean you can just waltz into enemy view like that. seriously her death is just... caused by Souta, yes the whole thing. manbitch had to fix the goddamn car woman on her, and she out of kindness just obliged when whiny blond shoot the gun. Dear god, she used the last of her strength to save him... it is... terrible... It takes Hare's death to actually make him wake the fuck up, damn it is worth it... at the same time, my tears... they can't stop why...

also, at some point I began to make parallel comparisons between Guilty Crown and Tiberium Wars, this whole alien rock causing some kinda sickness which churns out meth crystals and stuff. This whole... people becoming crumbled crystal and dust... is almost similar to Tiberium exposure (which turns you into jumping goo that randomly attack people)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:23:56 PM by ♛ ストラトス »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

K

• 五月雨を あつめて早し
  • 最上川
« Reply #694 on: February 05, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
Slowpoke here. Watched Madoka and most of Nichijou last month. Finished off the rest of Nichijou with some roommates last night. My God, Nichijou is amazing.
Running myself through more of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, since I watched the first season a few years ago when it was airing, but then got lazy afterwards. Zoku, Goku, Zan, here we go.

Drake

« Reply #695 on: February 06, 2012, 09:28:47 AM »
Mirai Nikki: Unfortunately I remembered the contents of this episode perfectly from the manga so there were basically no surprises, but that doesn't make it any less manly as hell.
also
Spoiler:
enter yukkii anticlimax
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:30:35 AM by Drake »

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #696 on: February 06, 2012, 08:48:33 PM »
Franken Fran 60/61 END

And suddenly one of my favourite mangas comes to a completely unexpected end. If I wanted to CAPS LOCK rage at this it'd take up an entire page, so I'll just settle for a quick "FUCK EVERYTHING" and try and remain optimistic that the author's next series, Scissors Woman, will be just as fantastic. The name's a promising start anyway.

Mirai Nikki 17

Huh, I didn't really care for those two in the manga, but they came off a lot better in the anime. Anyway, kinda concerned now at how they're gonna cram the rest of the story into the remaining 9 episodes (assuming 26 total). If they resort to gutting parts of it I'll be displeased, since most of the best stuff is yet to come.

« Reply #697 on: February 06, 2012, 10:00:33 PM »
Finally got around to seeing the beginning of Nisemonotagari. My first thought is "did I miss something between the previous season and this one?", but just from the first episode my opinion of the show is pretty favorable so far. It's still got the nonsensical conversations and absurd SHAFT animation that sold me on Bakemono.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #698 on: February 06, 2012, 11:58:33 PM »
Mouretsu Pirates continue their (perhaps unintentionally) hilarious adventures. This time around, the technobabble made sense, what plotholes there may have been were quickly forgotten, and it looks like the story is starting in earnest.

Mirai Nikki 17 was ... ugh, WTF was that? Most of the episode was comprised of telling a very cookie-cutter love story of two characters that are, frankly, ridiculous comedy relief. That's how they were set up and how they were portrayed. Why are we supposed to suddenly care about them? Meanwhile, actually interesting and compelling characters like Minene and Nishijima are complete mysteries to us. Seriously, they waste most of an episode to explain the backstories of the joke characters? Come on already.

Nisemonogatari, on the other hand, just keeps getting better. The writing is more coherent than its predecessor, the animation is slick, it's a joy to watch.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

« Reply #699 on: February 07, 2012, 01:25:03 AM »
Mirai Nikki 17 was ... ugh, WTF was that?
Now that I think about it,
Spoiler:
they literally took an entire episode just to cover a quick fight and their deaths. What the balls. Look, they spent three episodes on them. I don't even.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #700 on: February 07, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »
Negima 352

For all my dislike of Asuna, that was actually a pretty depressing chapter. Even with Eva's appearance at the end.

Cystral Dragon

• [Prince of Nothing]
  • Hey you noticed me!
« Reply #701 on: February 08, 2012, 01:06:04 AM »
Catching up on the latest 3 chapters of Negima.
What. That is literally all I can say. What.

Smile Pretty Cure
God, that opening song is catchy. Animation is good and I liked the quick character introduction but going to reserve my judgement on this until later.
Well I should've made it Prince of Void.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #702 on: February 08, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »
Then allow me to direct you to this fandub version of Uninstall wonderfully voiced in English~
Balls, this is nice
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #703 on: February 09, 2012, 05:10:20 AM »
Ok this has gone on long enough.  Yet again you've driven this towards a megathread of everything rather than break apart by show so this thread is hereby banished.  One show per thread (unless it doesn't make sense to separate them like shows in the same universe/sequels).

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."