Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 117318 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2011, 06:48:09 PM »
Honestly, to me the only series that look remotely interesting this season are Season 2 of Baka Test, and Usagi Drop. Everything else seems to be "Based on a light novel by blablabla" and really pitifully generic stuff.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »
...Oh god why the hell did I watch Narutaru the full way through.  I mean, it was good and all but...  Let's just say that I'd really hate to see the non-toned down manga.  Or at least I'd read it despite knowing the adverse effect it would have to my mood and/or sanity.

...Gaaah I need something cute and fuzzy to watch. >.<  Just... Something to take away that dark, horrible feeling Narutaru gave me.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2011, 09:31:16 PM »
...Oh god why the hell did I watch Narutaru the full way through.  I mean, it was good and all but...  Let's just say that I'd really hate to see the non-toned down manga.  Or at least I'd read it despite knowing the adverse effect it would have to my mood and/or sanity.

...Gaaah I need something cute and fuzzy to watch. >.<  Just... Something to take away that dark, horrible feeling Narutaru gave me.

Aria? Never saw it, but  it seems to be what comes to mind when I think happy.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2011, 06:29:58 AM »
Honestly, to me the only series that look remotely interesting this season are Season 2 of Baka Test, and Usagi Drop. Everything else seems to be "Based on a light novel by blablabla" and really pitifully generic stuff.

I can tell you that it is wrong to think that way.
I already see several hopefuls this season:

1. Dantalian no Shoka - by Gainax, from the guys who gave us Asura Cryin'
2. No.6 - This sounds like Index, but is somewhat better from what I can see
3. Nyanpire - The Animation - Cat vampires need I say more?
4. Nekogami Yaorozu - Gensokyo, the anime.
5. Appleseed XIII - the return of the epic classic of Shirow-inspired worlds of future robots and a hark to the original days of great GITS style story telling.
6. Blood C - Clamp does Diva? Saya? OH YES. Thinking of long haired twin tail Saya with glasses makes me wet, Clamp knows exactly what I been dying for.
7.  Mayo Chiki - CROSSDRESSING NUFF SAID
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2011, 07:01:13 AM »
cutest show I know of is Chi's Sweet Home. if you're unfamiliar, it's about a kitten who gets lost from her litter and is adopted by a family. episodes are only 3 minutes long too so it won't take long to decide if you like it or not.

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »
Chi's Sweet Home is AWESOME

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2011, 06:40:32 PM »

The ending of the Narutaru manga has to be seen to be believed. And even then you won't believe it.

If you're looking to get rid of that horrible feeling, I suggest Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »
Ok, pending the list of other releases.

I watched Kamisama-Dolls first episode, it already seems promising, it has a very Gantz feel to it, though nothing as dark, for what I can see, this can be a mature and thought-out anime with mixed action.

Kamisama Memo-Chu is quite interesting, I recall a certain gothic loli inspiration of a Holmes-style detective story called Gosick (which I dropped because lol too many things to watch). so erm, I guess picking up this was a half-half thing, I fancy the moe of Alice-chan, but it seems to be partial to further episodes for me to really expose what there is to like about it.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2011, 06:22:18 PM »
Just finished watching the first episode of Usagi Drop. The animation is excellent, and so far it seems to be holding to the manga's story-- though of course, it is just the first episode, so.

...I think this'll be the first time in over a year that I actually follow a series as it airs.

EDIT: Oh my god. I just watched the first episode of Mawaru Penguindrum as well. I haven't been this intrigued by an anime series in such a long time. It's directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara, who has yet to disappoint me, as well (that is to say, he directed Utena and Nodame Cantabile, two of my very favorites-- as well as some parts of Sailor Moon too, which I've yet to watch, but will eventually). I wish I could describe what I just watched, but... ah, I look forward to the next episode :*

brb listening to the ED over and over all night
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:26:52 AM by Tomatsuri Daidouji »

Drake

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2011, 06:32:09 AM »
And Gosick finally comes to a close.

Man, I know everyone watched the first three episodes (and probably a bit further), just went "man this is dumb" and dropped it, but I have to say the storytelling quality, the mystery quality, overall character and interaction quality; everything took a turn for the magnificent at some point and just kept getting better. If anyone paid any attention in IRC channels where I may have made notes about an episode arc or something, you can really notice how slow and groan-worthy the series starts out, and then it suddenly just gets awesome when the true story whips up. Somewhere between the Blue Rose and Leviathan arcs, it just popped. It was definitely less of a hardcore detective story as most people made it out to be when it started, but whatever it did, it did quite well.

This was, without a doubt, a very good series, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

EDIT: STEINS;GATE YES YES YES YES
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:26:58 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2011, 09:21:31 AM »

EDIT: STEINS;GATE YES YES YES YES

Judging by this, can I safely assume it is the much needed beach/onsen episode where we get to see trap chest?

Tengukami

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2011, 09:25:10 AM »
I may have to give Gosick another chance then. Also, I look forward to watching that penguin anime.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »
First episode of Blood-C

Yes, my desire for the Blood series have been revived, much like a sleeping vampire does. This show is gonna be awesome.

Tengukami

« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »
Penguin Drum is off to an iffy start. The art is great, as is the music. Plotwise, even if "sick girl brought back from the brink of death due to MAGIC' is kinda overdone, the transformation sequence was fantastic, and the writing is competent enough where this could go anywhere.

Basically, I don't want to make the same mistake I did with Madoka, where I dropped it after a passable but lackluster first episode. I'll be sticking through with this one, unless and until it starts to get terrible.

« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »
oh my god why did I take so long to start watching Nichijou?

Penguin Drum has potential so I will be watching this next week to see how it goes.

Tengukami

« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2011, 10:56:03 PM »
oh my god why did I take so long to start watching Nichijou?

Yay! Come join us and share the magic.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2011, 07:59:20 AM »
Rebirth: The Lunatic Taker

Oh hey it's Mirai Nikki II. Wonder why I find these twisted supernatural survival betrayathons so compelling.

Drake

« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »
<Drake> so idolm@ster first episode almost made me vomit rainbows
<Drake> holy shit
<HomurachanHomHom> that bad?
<Drake> i'm not sure
<Drake> i'll have to keep watching
<Drake> anyways the animation quality is not that great
<Drake> some parts feel very lazy, looks like it's going 15fps
<Drake> iunno
<Drake> quite a few voices are squeaky and it's really hard to not be annoyed when everyone is constantly yelling all the time
<Drake> seriously more than half the episode consisted of yelling in squeaky voices

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »
OK so watched a few of the first eps for new season

Penguin Drum makes my brain hurt, it feels like Utena and Madoka had a child

No. 6 doesn't seem to have actually started on the plot yet, probably won't follow because it's looking sort of yaoi.

Rou Kyu Bu is bad, but I'm following it simply so I can get more subs along the lines of 'I WILL PROTECT YOUR BASKETBALL'.

Kaiji is so Kaiji I can't even Kaiji. I don't know how I can watch a man play pachinko for an hour and enjoy it so much.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »
Ok, just watched first episode of No.6, NoitaminA and BONES notwithstanding, this is a great start. I can tell I love this show already, it has both DEEP and some degree of plot. Which is amazing, coming from one of my favorite studios. The art is pretty cool as well.

<Drake> so idolm@ster first episode almost made me vomit rainbows
<Drake> holy shit
<HomurachanHomHom> that bad?
<Drake> i'm not sure
<Drake> i'll have to keep watching
<Drake> anyways the animation quality is not that great
<Drake> some parts feel very lazy, looks like it's going 15fps
<Drake> iunno
<Drake> quite a few voices are squeaky and it's really hard to not be annoyed when everyone is constantly yelling all the time
<Drake> seriously more than half the episode consisted of yelling in squeaky voices

Why would you watch this shit if you cannot even stand the first Idolm@ster animation? (there was a previous one I think it is called Xenoglossia or something like that)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:43:00 PM by ♛ Nature »

« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2011, 08:42:19 PM »
I watched Boku no Pico because some of my friends on Tumblr blogged about how terrible it was.

Today, I'm watching Hellsing to get that garbage off my mind.

Drake

« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2011, 08:42:43 PM »
As said in IRC I didn't even know there was an iDOLM@STER anime before.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »
I just watched the first episode of Mawaru Penguindrum.

I don't know what happened, but what I do know is that it's awesome.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
Rebirth: The Lunatic Taker

Oh hey it's Mirai Nikki II. Wonder why I find these twisted supernatural survival betrayathons so compelling.

let me give you some advice, never read any of this artist shit, he will drop it halfway and never finish it, ever.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2011, 07:27:24 PM »
let me give you some advice, never read any of this artist shit, he will drop it halfway and never finish it, ever.
Yeah I've heard some pretty bad things about the guy (plus I tried to read Freezing recently and it was terrible), but I'm enjoying this one so I'll stick with it until its premature demise regardless.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »
Okay, this Summer Season is godly! I can't believe it, it's like, the few years of the past, I was almost given up on anime, because it was so bad and uninteresting. Last season I haven't watch anything, but this one! This is Godly.

I'm watching like 5-6 animes at once, I never done this since I was in secondary school. A few of them are average, but interesting, and there wasn't many interesting series nowadays. The last two one is the ones that makes this season godly.
So for the animes:

BLADE - Obviously the weakest link of the bunch. I only watched Iron Man from the Marvel tryings, and that was mediocre and forgettable. This one is kind of the same, but I think it's at least a little better than that, I actually kinda like this. Kinda. Sorta. It's almost like a guilty pleasure.

BLOOD-C - The better one of the vampire killer animes, it is an interesting one. It starts slow, like Blood+, and the reimagination is also interesting, I'm interested how everything will turn to the worst, like in the previous series.

Kamisama Dolls - Not that much, but still, it's an interesting start.

Kamisama no memochou - This one I really liked, and I found it to be very interesting. Very. And can be cute too, just as it can be quite sad and negative.

There's two more series what haven't aired yet, I think, but I'll try them. And the two godly series are:

"Ikoku Meiro no Crois?e" and "Usagi Drop".

My Goddess! Never ever imagined in my whole life that there'll be another series re-calling the same atmosphere as ARIA and the manga Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (even if neither has the post-apocalyptic setting and "the time have passed" feeling of the latter). Obviously, Crois?e is the one what has more of the ARIA feeling, while Usagi Drop has something more unique, yet just as beautiful.
Both are "boring" animes, where "nothing" happens, and it's about basically "nothing". Just life. And that is awesome! And beautiful. And I can't even say anything else. Finally a series of the genre I love most. Not to mention, two of them!

However, I was really really disappointed by Penguindrum. Everyone seems to love that series. In my honest Opinion... I really don't like it. At all.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:48:00 PM by Just Simply Solais »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2011, 04:10:12 PM »
Well, because Kaiji 14 still hasn't been translated I decided to watch Kami-sama no Memo-chou insteaHNNNNNNNNNNGH ALIIIIIIICE

Also reminds me I should go pick up Gosick again, since apparently it picks up later on.

Tengukami

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
The first episode of Baka Test really surprised me with its terribleness. I mean, I'm used to a degree of sarcastic fanservice in this series, but the entire episode was nothing but "haha look we're making fun of fanservice". It's like being told the punchline to a joke over and over again.

I'll be forcing my way to at least episode 4 of Penguin Drum, but there's really nothing else interesting me this summer. So glad that Nichijou and Kaiji are going to be 20+ episodes each, otherwise I'd likely not be watching any series at all this summer.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »
If you are remotely interested in Gosick, be sure to watch Kamisama Memo chou, it is basically that, with Kaguya in it.

Sacred Seven is surprisingly addictive, not only has Sunrise outpaced my expectations, the story is really Star-Driver-ish and I can't help but like it.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2011, 06:46:35 PM »
"Ikoku Meiro no Crois?e" and "Usagi Drop".

My Goddess! Never ever imagined in my whole life that there'll be another series re-calling the same atmosphere as ARIA and the manga Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (even if neither has the post-apocalyptic setting and "the time have passed" feeling of the latter). Obviously, Crois?e is the one what has more of the ARIA feeling, while Usagi Drop has something more unique, yet just as beautiful.
Both are "boring" animes, where "nothing" happens, and it's about basically "nothing". Just life. And that is awesome! And beautiful. And I can't even say anything else. Finally a series of the genre I love most. Not to mention, two of them!

I don't know anything about the former, but I can vouch for Usagi Drop being very good, since I've been a fan of the manga for quite some time now. It does get a little less... slice-of-life-y eventually as the plot kicks in, though.